Is reality an illusion??

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Ruben Rivera profile image60
    Ruben Riveraposted 13 years ago
    1. farlona profile image40
      farlonaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If reality is an illusion then an illusions are reality. Think that out.

1. farlona profile image40
        farlonaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh here is a video for your thoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmXeXa3NYY

I just found it...

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okaaaayy.

I lost interest at the 4-minute mark.
      It's nonsense.  I do hope those people don't find themselves in jail or in some other weird or unwanted position just because they think they've found their "true identity" and acted upon that false notion!   LOL

...The only thing I came close to agreeing with them about is when they started to get into the area of thought about the spiritual aspect of humanity.   I agree that the "essence" of humans is their souls, the immortal part of them.

But after watching the first 4 minutes, I realized those kooks only want company in their kookiness, so I refrained from finishing the video.  haha    I think they've lost their grip on reality.

1. adrienne2 profile image66
        adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didnt make it past the first minute.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

haha Good for you!

My initial curiosity must've gotten the better of me.  I repent! hahaha

2. Ruben Rivera profile image60
        Ruben Riveraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awesome we have the freedom to just click and get out huh.  Most people have their beliefs and if something seems out of their frame of thinking "oh well it must be witchcraft, or how can they say the earth is flat when we know for a fact it's not" people freak out or put labels on those that believe anything else.

2. profile image0
    Rhysjcposted 13 years ago

What if dreams are reality and reality is dreams?

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be shocking! Lol. My mind is boggled enough and then this. Ha ha!

To pull the strands of time and space apart one by one to decipher what is and what isn't.

Hmm... life is interesting to say the least.

big_smile

2. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be ok just means they have new labels. Would it make any difference?

3. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Albert Einstein once said- "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one".

If you're able to understand what he meant, incorporating the time he lived, his knowledge and his wisdom? Then you might figure out something positive. smile big_smile

1. Ruben Rivera profile image60
      Ruben Riveraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One of the great minds of our time, do we dismiss him, I guess some have their own theories.

4. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and in between my life moves."

— Nisargadatta Maharaj

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just heard this somewhere.  I love this.  Is it from the Vedas?

Also, "by losing our illusions, we lose everything and nothing."

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know where it's from. I just know the quote and it's beautiful. smile

5. Ruben Rivera profile image60
    Ruben Riveraposted 13 years ago

Nice, I now see some people can actually see past their narrow views.  Others well, I guess whatever their daily routine is just enough, without questioning.

6. couturepopcafe profile image59
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

The first video regarding particle and quantum physics was right on the money.  If you break it down to the level of pure energy, it's easier to understand. 

If you start with, let's say, the human body - you have a body, then organ systems, then cells, then molecules, then atoms.  Remember when they finally split the atom?  They found pure energy.  They couldn't recreate it and they couldn't destroy it.

So everything is pure energy.  That's what they're talking about.  It's not just mumbo-jumbo, life is an illusion. 

When they talked about 'we create our own reality' - and you've heard this since the days of the hippies and the counter-culture - what they mean is that given enough direction, you can literally change your physicality.  You can't just intellectually believe it, you have to feel it.

It's no different, really, than the 'ask, believe, receive' concept of Mark and Luke? I think, in the Bible.  If you can see it in your mind, if you can believe it, it will happen for you.

Most of us, however, don't possess that kind of focus, unfortunately. 

The second video, I couldn't get through.  I believe the first one, therefore cannot subject my mind to the second which seemed to be political propaganda.  I didn't finish it so I may be wrong on that.

7. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Has anyone seen the film "What the Bleep Do We Know?"

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've seen Part I of the 12 YouTubes.  Yes, same concept as the one highlighted above by RubenRivera.  This is not a new concept but as science - quantum science in particular - discovers more and technology allows more people to become aware of it, we begin to grow our consciousness, in essence becoming aware of our own infinite nature.

We can marvel at the human brain (or any other for that matter).  In a study called Visual Motor Rehearsal, a NASA concept that was adapted for the U.S. Olympic teams, atheletes were hooked up to sophisticated biofeedback equipment.  They were asked to run their event in their minds.  The brain fired up the same way it did when they ran the event for real.  So the brain doesn't know the difference between what physically happened and what it remembers or perceives to have happened proving that we can, in fact, create an existence or a reality.

This is why people continue to make the same mistakes or are drawn to the wrong people all the time.  The brain remembers that reality and is comfortable even at the expense of the physical body.  It takes brain wave re-entrainment to break the bonds of past experiences.

8. pjk_artist profile image63
    pjk_artistposted 13 years ago

Nothing exists but that which comes from within your own consciousness. If you believe an illusion is real then it is reality is it not? You are right to try and disbelieve the reality most people commonly accept. It doesn't quite seem right does it?
    Imagine yourself dreaming....everything in this dreamworld is created from "your subconscious mind" right? Yet, objects feel as solid and real as in the "awake world" (until they melt or dissolve or morph into your grandma) Now consider this.
    Everything in the world you know as "the awake world" is created by your subconscious mind dreaming through every living person on the planet simultaneously. In the awake world things don't melt, dissolve or turn into grandma because...that wouldn't make sense in everyone else's dream.

Quantum theory is interesting because one can use it to adjust one's awake reality to be more desirable.

Pretty Cool hunh? I write allot about this in my hubs.

I think therefore I am.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79

Wow cool Matrix!

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The movie Matrix blew me away

9. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Is reality an illusion??

Reality is reality; it in not an illusion.

1. MOEFLATS profile image67
      MOEFLATSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, you're right - reality IS reality.  The problem is that we have been invaded by an organization whose reality is electronically-based.  This makes our environment seem pretty darned unreal.  Everyone is being bombarded by electrical signals that carry new interpretations of reality.  I can detect a FAKE THOUGHT immediately and usually move on to a different subject of thought. 
           I had to dwell in "electronic Hell" for a number of years before I learned how to escape it.  90% of this stuff comes in through your EARS.  Scientists have found ways to get human brainwaves to imitate binaural signals.  I have a brain machine that does this......you can feel:  more relaxed, more excited, less depressed, even alpha-sessions to make you smarter.  The effect is quite profound.  Doing this very same thing to a person from a distance is possible through microwave-based technology.  That's where that ringing in your ears comes from:  someone is trying to "re-educate" you in a way once used by the Soviet Union.  This way of seeing things ISN'T REALITY, but tons of people have been "converted" via this technology.  The Binaural signals can be used to torture a mind: giving it bad thoughts, bad dreams and really awful physical sensations........thus our ENVIRONMENT IS FILLED WITH SYNTHETIC REALITY. 
           You need to DEPROGRAM YOURSELF.  This is done by increasing your ears threshold to sound with loud music.  This will:  block most of the signal, make you harder to startle with LOUD NOISES and simply make it harder for members to "access your mind".  They speak a thought-control language that when combined with these false messages make you feel VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.  The stress keeps coming and there are always threats that "something terrible is about to happen" that never does.  The victim's hold on reality becomes tenuous and finally is broken by a particularly stressful event.  Note that this group can get away with this because the stuff they say wouldn't effect us were it not for the accompanying mind/body messages.  They can make losing your car keys feel like Armaggedon. 
           Look under "Electronic Harassment" to find articles containing further info on this subject.   Last but not least:  Pray and think good thoughts and any "mental invasion" gets repelled.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79

So if you are deaf you are all good?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)