who is most thought provoking hubber?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (66 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

my vote goes to myownworld..the topic she chooses ,they way she writes does make me think , understand sensitive issues...

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

MOW is awesome!

1. susanlang profile image60
        susanlangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@habee: Your awesome too!  Hey..the holidays are just around the corner...are you starting meal planning yet?  wink

1. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, susan! Actually, I have already started planning!

2. susanlang profile image60

@ habee:  Yes... Mow writes very nice stories! smile

2. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup ! Another myownworld fan here ! Errrrr I mean follower.

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

there's way too many for me to choose from.

i would have to say

beth100-What can I say about her?  Great writer, a great friend, and all around good person. I don't think any words would do her justice, to show how amazing she is.

crazdwriter (although she's no longer here)-I always admired that woman's versatility in writing, and her playful personality in forums is sorely missed.

alternate poet-in forums, he's always has great opinons.  sure, i don't always agree with everything he says, but he does make a lot of valid points

richie799- he writes interesting hubs a lot, and he's funny to read in forums.

ann nonymous-Sweet and nice person, who's passion for writing always showed through their work.

Pinky lee-you couldn't ask for a better friend, and her hubs that depict events that happened in her life are very thought provoking.  Even her poems will touch anyone that reads them.

cagsil-it's a shame the guy doesn't see me as an equal to him, as I wouldn't mind being his friend someday.  although for any friendship to work, there has to be a mutual respect factor involved, which i know cags doesn't have for me. lol. oh well.  however, i am big enough to admit that his hubs on intergrity, character, and intelligence are very thought provoking.  Although I don't agree with Cagsil on the concept that right and wrong are always "black and white" and easy to define, as that's not true when you look at history.  If anything, there's a lot of gray areas in life, where what may seem good to one person, may seem horrible to another person.  Right and wrong aren't always clear in every situation in life, as life isn't like a damn movie where villains will often have curly mustaches and have evil laughs.  No, most villains will often look like everyone else, and hide behind some self righteous idealogy. 

mega1 & blondepoet-well they both always knows how to make me laugh in forums, as they're always a lot of fun talking to

Cheeky Girl-Her tips on job searches are helpful, and i love her hub on sucker punch.   

and many others, as the list goes on. I could literally turn this into a hub, about all the hubbers that are influential.

2. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

evan rogers, crmhaske - for their forum posts
    myownworld- for hubs
    nadiaazhar- (hubs)
    and my list goes on..

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hvn't read nadia yet..but as u mentioned i wuld surely read hubs written by nadia....

3. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

In the forum? Mark Knowles. big_smile

and hubs?

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't seem to read a lot of other users hubs. I'm generally too busy writing!

The majority of hubs I read are about SEO.

However Shadesbreath has hubs that you just can't stop reading once you start....smile

got to read him..haven't read yet...

2. A.Villarasa profile image61
      A.Villarasaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark Knowles?  You must be kidding. I have tangled with Mr. Knowles on several occasions in the forum section discussing various topics, and I find his arguments  witless and gritless one liners  that neither lacerates nor eviscerates.

3. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark Knowles is a BRILLIANT short story writer!  Bet you didnt know that, eh?!!!

1. A.Villarasa profile image61
        A.Villarasaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What does being a "Brilliant" (your word, not mine)  short story writer have to do with  posting coherent, concise, consistent , lucid, luminous and levitating   arguments on the forum section. Nada.

4. timorous profile image80
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Cagsil's hubs on ignorance, integrity etc. are very thought-provoking.

Hi Cags smile

yup cagsil's hub is gr8..

2. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Timorous. I try my best to make people use the brain they have in their head. smile

Hello Timorous, how are you today? smile

5. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

i vote for irish and greek one

ya greek always provokes thought but in many different directions smile

1. profile image0
        Lecieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i have a short attention span so i like my thoughts going everywhere. big_smile

lol

6. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I also love MOW.

as far as most, not sure there is just one.
    Tatjana-Mihaela

Robert Kernodle

paraglider

Cris A

many more..

7. pisean282311 profile image62

wow my own world fan club soon...

8. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

Pisean, Sky, Habee and Rebekah - all hubbers I admire and love too. Thank you. smile

(I have some favorites too, but naming a few and leaving out the rest just makes me feel terrible afterwards, so maybe one day when I have time I'll type out a comprehensive list!)

1. pb3847 profile image60
      pb3847posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lots of agreement that you're a fantastic writer!  Time to go see for myself lol!

2. charanjeet kaur profile image59
      charanjeet kaurposted 13 years agoin reply to this

MOW even in my most compehensive list, you surely are the top in the league by far. You are one author who makes me challenge my own thinking and limitations. Love you for having the power to convey with words. The way you write is exceptional, Your hubs are not adsense or amazon oriented but life oriented. Cheers for being the guiding light and such gr8 hubs. I always wait eagerly for all your hubs.

1. myownworld profile image74
        myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for such wonderful words! You know, I sometimes wish I could churn out hubs like a machine, but i don't see how I could ever do that without compromising myself as a writer. I put too much of my heart into each and every hub... and I think my only answer is in writing a book one day. (hopefully, I will).
        Having said that, I'm happy for this place to voice thoughts that  can easily land me in court (if not the prison!) in an orthodox muslim country.... so till HP doesn't start being accessed by hardcore islamists, I'm safe for a while. Ah, for small mercies...! wink

(And Tony and CJ, shh... don't tell anyone, but you both are on my favorites list too! love you x)

9. Mike Lickteig profile image77
    Mike Lickteigposted 13 years ago

I also have to jump on the MyOwnWorld bandwagon.  Her writing is sensational.

10. worldgrandeur profile image58
    worldgrandeurposted 13 years ago

Jess Killmenow is the absolute mind-provoking hubber. This man posts some nice hubs..

11. pisean282311 profile image62

wow..i m loving this..there are r names coming which are now in my to read list..thanks guys...

12. susanlang profile image60
    susanlangposted 13 years ago

Way too many to mention them all but do agree with MOW.

13. Teresa McGurk profile image60
    Teresa McGurkposted 13 years ago

Paraglider is a very thought-provoking writer. . .

Ooh--I see names here that I'm not familiar with--off to read some, now!

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Totally Agree - A Brilliant writer.

14. Rishy Rich profile image73
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

I cant find my name here hmm ...Where are the other name lists?

15. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Rishy Rich! happy now? wink

1. Rishy Rich profile image73
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile Verrry. You are my Santa Claus!!

16. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I've provoked hostility, but never thoughts

1. susanlang profile image60

lol  @Greek  you provide plenty of funny thoughts! wink

i second susan..

17. Shil1978 profile image88
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

MOW - the topics she writes on amazes me!!

quiet right..mow is amazing is what she writes...

18. Info Bucket profile image64
    Info Bucketposted 13 years ago

Mine is Ryankett!!!

19. Polly C profile image91
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

My vote also goes to myownworld...a beautiful writer who always leaves me hooked until the end

20. must65gt profile image74
    must65gtposted 13 years ago

AEvans she writes from the heart and tries to keep things positive always...

21. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Arthur Windermere certainly has one of the most unique thought-processes on HubPages - you never know what he is going to write about next, but it will always be a very unusual topic.

unfortunately haven't read arthur yet..but would surely do that soon...

22. mquee profile image66
    mqueeposted 13 years ago

Three writers that I always enjoy reading are GusTheRedneck, MickyDee, and Habee.

Gus has his own unique sense of humor which can catch you off guard as you read his hubs.

MickyDee writes from the heart and you can feel the emotion coming through.

Habee's hubs always hold one's interest and she can combine real life experiences with a little humor.

Okay, I cheated and named three.

23. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Pisean provokes my thoughts with his forum questions...

sadly, I don't like to think

24. Aiden Roberts profile image69
    Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

Cagsil for me without question but I guess I need to check out MOW.

There are many others that make me think for all different reasons, sunforged, ryankette, nelle hoxie and PCunix (think thats the name, the one with the clown hair) really made me think when he decided to tell people he wasn't following them smile smile

back soon smile

1. Aiden Roberts profile image69
      Aiden Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok I am now a fan of MOW, clearly it would be difficult not to feel moved, confused, angry and helpless, I only read one hub.

Guess I will be there a while.

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yet I do still follow you :-)

1. Aiden Roberts profile image69
        Aiden Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know I actually checked the night you were having a spring clean, I like reading your comments because I like honesty even if it hurts.

25. Sunny Robinson profile image71
    Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years ago

Gosh.  Thought-provoking ones...

SognoPiccolo
    Elena.
    Teresa McGurk
    womanNshadows
    Frieda Babbley
    Bard of Ely

Jeez, it makes me wonder why I ever left hubpages.

1. Sunny Robinson profile image71
      Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And nooow myownworld is my newest favorite.  She is definitely on my list of thought-provokers.

Thank you for this thread! I'm discovering amazing people through here.

1. YU_First 1 profile image58
        YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rafini just sends my mind running. She is awesome, awesome, awesome!

2. Frieda Babbley profile image81
      Frieda Babbleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Sunny! big_smile

26. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 13 years ago

MOW, BP and AEvans are my three main ones but there are many more I like smile

27. YU_First 1 profile image58
    YU_First 1posted 13 years ago

Pcunix is another one I keep going back to.

28. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/profile/Madison22

I like their hub topics, especially the ones on relationships.  Madison always brings in a fresh perspective.

29. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 13 years ago

I have just recently learned that the most thought-provoking hubber is Stan Fletcher. Check out the hubs posted in the comments to produce an earth-shaking laughter or explode in tears. big_smile

30. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

How can anyone say? When the majority of forum hubbers don't read "hubs!" They just play in the forum.

31. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I don't think many people would find teh majority of my hubs thought provoking, unless they really like to think about notebook coolers. tongue

32. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

I think it might be me. When writing, I thought provoke myself into a headache, which then forces me towards the scotch bottle. That creates multiple freezer door openings, and some compulsory exercise, given the number of trips. This activity inevitably leads to ice cubes on the floor. Next is the obligatory nasty slip and the horrid realization that this precious elixir has been propelled all over the keyboard, four keyboards, two laptops and a hard drive have been casualties and worse yet…..the trepidations caused by the empty bottle ….

And that my friends, is a terrible thought.

Needing to feel better I will try to find the latest rant from SunflowerBucky, or political comment from Breakfastpop or common sense from DaveRaves.

And the reading list continues on and on… until the scotch bottle is replenished and the muse is reinvigorated.

33. sunflowerbucky profile image61
    sunflowerbuckyposted 13 years ago

Breakfastpop, William R Wilson, and James Watkins are the first ones that come to mind!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)