aliens

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (44 posts)
  1. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

Have you seen the History Channel show Ancient Aliens? With all the facts they give, do you believe? Why do you or why don't you?

1. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aliens, as Extra Terrestrial Life, are a fact ...

These Exist, in a Scattering, throughout the Physical Universe, and are Quadrupedal Life Forms ... of Organic nature... Four legged, load bearing type of Animals, with intellects nearing that of the Oxen and Camel ...
      { The Glorious Koran }

But these do not Exist, in states promoted by Hoaxters, Science Fiction writers ... and Stephen Hawking... within the idea of a "super-intelligent" Aliens "Race" ... these are mere Theories, based in an orphaned thinking ... mere updated forays, into the Unknown, Reality of Life and Creation.

2. Shinkicker profile image55
      Shinkickerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6QNzH4x1rY

Have you watched the famous Project Disclosure seminar? This is a short clip. The whole thing is 2 hours long with testimony from various sources on Aliens and UFO's. But I have to admit I have no idea what to make of this!!

3. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

Facts from tv shows? Since when? smile

2. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

None(none may be an incorrect statement) of the stuff in that show is based on fact.

As for living things on other planets. Absolutely there are other lifeforms out there. Ones that are smarter than us, however? That really remains to be seen.

If there was solid concrete proof, NASA wouldn't be searching for life on Mars right now.

1. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Mikey, The sheer number of suitable planets indicates that somewhere there is other life forms. The fact that they haven't tried to contact us shows their advanced level of intelligence.

NASA is still searching the moon for signs of life. I believe mars is being revisited primarily due to proximity. It's cheaper.

2. profile image0
      IEsMedicalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What makes you think this?  Where is your proof that none of it is facts?

1. superwags profile image66
        superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's evidence of methane being produced just under the Martian surface which could go some way to indicating the presence of bacteria on Mars.  Mars is a relatively inhospitable planet for the life we know, so if there is life on Mars than it increases the odds that planets from outside of the universe have life on them. And there currently a new planet outside of our solar system being discovered each week.

3. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Well, they come here but they don't want to contact us. I believe they visit here. There are too many signs all around. Look, thousand years ago, these ancient civilizations have drawings and paintings of alien like creatures. If they didn't see it, they couldn't guess how to draw it. All the structures, they are not built by humans alone. It's just not possible. Science is proving all of this information now. We are just now getting to the point where we can study all of this. There are too many sightings for it to be a hoax. The question is, what do they want? Why don't they contact us? However we look at it, they are here and have been for a long time. Their technology is way, way more advanced then ours.

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

4. profile image0
    FunnyGamesposted 13 years ago

I believe their existence...
    From where do you hear about them? Usually from villages.
    And that's right, the only reason for that is because there is no light, so on nights it's very easy for them to take people for whatever they need to and no body will know about it.
    Even if people claims that aliens stole people from villages or just saying the saw, nobody believes for some reason, but aliens understand that, so of course they will continue hide there.

You can understand it by yourself too, if an UFO will fly around the city (even at night) people can record that, but also they can send attacks (air force) against them.

5. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

I believe alien life forms exist, including intelligent alien life forms, but I haven't seen any convincing evidence that any of them have ever visited us.

6. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

People are free to believe whatever they like but we can't find the missing link between the so called animal to man link on our own planet yet their are of beings in the universe.  Like I said we are free to believe whatever we like.

1. mikicagle profile image82
      mikicagleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Honestly, I don't know how to explain the ancient writing and drawings, but I do believe that it would be close minded of us to deny the possible existence of other life forms.

1. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree...we are one planet in the solar system and it it logical that other planets contain life

2. profile image0
        IEsMedicalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with the sentiment. 

I think it is completely arrogant and narcissistic of us to think that we, humans, are the only life in the universe.

3. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but enough time has passed to prove the existence of these uncapturable aliens.  What I want to know with a planet as violent as Earth is Why Would Aliens or Anyone That value their life come here.  Haven't Earth people proven time and again anything we don't understand or fear we destroy?

2. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have my doubts over whether or not human kind was helped along by aliens early on. I do however think it is fairly probably that life does exist on other planets, based on the odds alone.

Even if more advanced life exists out there, it is the same odds that make life so probable on other planets, that makes the chances of us ever meeting so improbable.

When it comes to the evolution of man kind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

Might shed a little light on it all for you.

7. guy1973 profile image55
    guy1973posted 13 years ago

interesting topic. ever since i was little this question has been bugging me,  and i still ask myself why the trouble of creating a big universe with billions of planet, only to breed only one life form, humans. I Like to think that we are not alone, but for me i dont really care as long they don't interfere in our business. i think humans are better on their own and better to be left alone as we are dangerous and unpredictable even to our very own kind

8. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Coming from a family of military aviators and being married to one...I can tell you that our government knows considerably more about what's out there then is generally known by the average citizen.

Teri

9. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

I think humans were helped out...there are periods in history of unexplained advances that could not have happened so quickly by humans

10. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

yesterday on my Facebook feed, I noticed a youtube video of a woman warning about all the bird kills, fish kills, etc. so I started watching it.. then I noticed who it was, the woman who claims she is the mother of an alien race which is now making itself known on earth..   I believe there are other life forms in the universe, but this one is rather far-fetched for me.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image61
      uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is stuff more suited to Coast 2 Coast Am then a discussion about anything really scientific.   It might be fun to think about but it isn't factual.

11. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I believe life exists on other planets, but if they've ever visited Earth, they have to think we're idiots. Look at the people they usually abduct! lol

12. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

Aliens are fiction. All the information about alien is based on misinformation. There are no evidence or facts that earth have been visitored by intelligent, extraterresterial life forms. Most of the hype about aliens were perpetuated by the 50s and 60s sci-fi movies and from rumors started from the weather balloon crash in Roswell back in the 1940s. Also the closest earth-like planet to us, if it can support life, is 10 light-years away. That mean traveling near the speed of light will take any intelligent life form more than 10 years just to get here. Any slower will take thousands of years or more. People for one reason or another refused to let go of this nonsense and if we are ever visited by aliens anytime soon I am pretty sure we all will know about it when and if it happen. The reason is because we will probably die from the microbes that they are carrying or they might die from the microbes here. Look what happened when the European explorers first set foot on the New World now called North America and South America. They almost wiped out the whole indigeous population on some of the islands because the people there were exposed to to an entirely new microbe (smallpox). Let us just hope we are not visited by aliens no time soon if they are out there.

13. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

They have to be out there. Anyone that has saw one of these before know they take off as fast as light travels. It's not man made. If a human could make this, he would be braggin about it and wanting big money for it. They are real. They are out there and it is only a matter of time before we make contact.

14. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

AskAshlie3433, we should have made  contact by now with them. SETI has telescopes pointing out into space 24/7 for a least two decades searching for some form of intelligent communication signals. So far none has been found. Yes, they may be out there but that does not mean the life form  is intelligent, they may just be simple life forms similar to bacteria and viruses here on earth. AskAshlie just read my hub on "Aliens and UFOs from Another World, I don't Think So" to understanding why we probably have not been visited by extaterrestrial beings and why it probably won't happen any time soon. Also those shows such as "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel do not prove the existence of visitors from another world; these are only speculations based on wishful thinking  and they are not factual. For example, the Nazca line drawings on the plains in South American were made by the people there hundreds of years ago and for many years some investigators thought they were made by beings from another world.

15. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

There happens to be a higher probability that Aliens truly exist than those who think a god exists. lol lol

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The alien is back ... Hi Cagsil... good to see you back here in the forums! smilesmilesmile
      You couldn't resist it could you? lol

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I am officially back effective today. I've become sick about the garbage in the forums. It appears as if the atheists and agnostics are out numbered. wink

Nice to see you Sofs. smile

1. sofs profile image77
          sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is great.. ... you love the region forum dont you.?  lol lol

You mean the religion forums? And, no I don't, but someone has to help protect those who are outnumbered. smile wink

2. melpor profile image90
      melporposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil, I agree with you that there are probably other life forms out there, but they may not necessarily be humanoid in appearance or be intelligent. Most life forms out there are probably much more simpler than we are, they are probably microbes like bacteria and viruses.

I would go as far as to say you'd be right with the statement that other life forms are out there.

However, I would still be willing to wager the probability of humanoid consciousness existing elsewhere since it exists here. wink

16. uncorrectedvision profile image61
    uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years ago

The truth, for now, lies somewhere between fact and fiction in the realm of probability.  The Drake equation is often quoted as proof of life elsewhere when it is merely a supposition regarding the probability of life elsewhere.

The Drake equation states that:

N = R^{\ast} \cdot f_p \cdot n_e \cdot f_{\ell} \cdot f_i \cdot f_c \cdot L \!

where:

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible;

and

R* = the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy
        fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
        ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
        fℓ = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
        fi = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life
        fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
        L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space.

17. SummertimeSwag profile image61
    SummertimeSwagposted 13 years ago

I can't help but think there are other life forms out there. but who knows.

has anyone seen the film the fourth kind? that'll give you something to think about, ha.

1. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would we know an alien if we saw one?  Perhaps they are not what we would picture them to be.

18. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

I was once, when I was in a foreign country................

19. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

Every one has their prospective and these people don't agree with the idea of alien lifeforms.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 748AAYFwxW

http://www.fermisparadox.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Earth_…

20. RDSPhD profile image60
    RDSPhDposted 13 years ago

As from a physicists point of view: Well they certainly do exist but maybe not as we imagine them to be. Aliens or extraterrestrial lifeforms could be anything, from a protozoon to a life form we wouldn't even recognize (just think about the 10/11 (or maybe more?) dimensions that exist. They could easily occupy other dimensions or exist in different states of matter.
    We simply don't know - but what we do know, and this is a fact, is that the probability that our existence is unique in our universe (one of many universes) is nearly 0!
    If you really want a stunning and amazing presentation of what physicists and scientists in general have found out so far you HAVE to check out Discovery Channel's and Steven Hawkings documentary trilogy
    (right now its on sale (around 10 bucks) on amazon because the blu ray edition is supposed to come out soon: http://amzn.to/dSVluz )

He discusses the probability of e.t. lifeforms, and how probable time travel is and answers questions about black holes etc. The effects are really amazing!
    Check this trailer (the best attempt to explain how big the universe is!!!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zLzepBNvc
    This is the best thing you have ever seen big_smile

haha I'm a crazy scientist tongue

1. SpanStar profile image60

Belief is a powerful thing.  People still believe their is a Lockness Monster, Without technology today we can use heat sensers from above to spot a fleeing suspect but we can't find Big Foot.

I saw a program where a woman was raped they catch the guy put him in jail for how long I can't remember but later on they discovered his DNA wasn't a match for the rape so he was set free but the rape victim rejected the DNA results and still blamed the man for raping her.

1. RDSPhD profile image60
        RDSPhDposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well science is always 30-50 years ahead compared to what the masses know, when it comes to technology. Trust me I don't want to boast or anything but there are far more secret and/or unknown science research groups than you or I could possibly imagine. Bad thing though I've never heard of a project involving Aliens or Space Travel or anything like that but if someone is working on it they couldn't tell so we really know nothing (that's also true about our own planet if you think about all the new animal species we discover every year - truly stunning!).

1. SpanStar profile image60

RDSPhD,

If science is as head as you've pointed out would that then not explain the lights in the skies and the creatures you've also eluded to as perhaps aliens people thought they saw during some of these test scientist maybe making?

1. RDSPhD profile image60
            RDSPhDposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well yes that explains the most part of these phenomena (there are a large number of secret aircrafts patrolling and they too have to be equipped with lights due to international laws so that should explain the many red dot sightings in the chinese midlands wink) , but scientists discover even more things they can't explain and that's where the fun starts wink
            Some guys are still trying to prove that the "WOW-Signal" is alien nature, but we can now officially say it wasn't from earth and it's nothing we've ever seen before but that leaves us with more questions than we had before doing SETI research and sending messages containing our location into space...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)