I thought the left wanted to tone down the "Rhetoric" and "Vitriol"

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (105 posts)
  1. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

This isn't a nice thing to say.

Hateful race baiting.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/12/132865098 … -community

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

They don't! What they want is for the right to compromise on their principles, they want the right to shut up!

Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True.

When you tell the truth about the left they tend to get unhappy.

But when you tell the truth and they do exactly what you say they will they tend to lose elections.

To change their philosophy would be ridiculous to them so they just want us to not spread the word of their treachery.

They have a funny religion.

1. Ms Dee profile image85
          Ms Deeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And that's why they hate Palin so much. By the strong American values she portrays she is a stark contrast to the Left's myths and lies, blowing their cover before the public.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image58
            Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease support her in 2012!

Please, please, please...

1. Jeff Berndt profile image74
              Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, yes, pretty please, GOP, put Sarah Palin at the top of your ticket in 2012! Please, do.

1. habee profile image93
                habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God forbid!

2. Doug Hughes profile image60
                Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Look at the bipatisan support for Sarah. I'ts a real kum by ya ha ha ha moment.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image58

Values like quitting in the face of "whithering" media attacks?

She quit to spare her state the expense of having to defend her against hundreds of nuisance law suits propagated by the left! She has honor which is more than I can say for Obama and the scum that serves in his circle!

http://media.basspro.com/images/articles/hook_line_&_sinker1.jpg

Some water with your breakfast?

2. lovemychris profile image77
                lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, check a recent article in the San Jose Mercury News.....she is NOT the saint you portray.

She's QUITE the little Diva.

3. Stump Parrish profile image61
                Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lady, here's a link to a list of links that deal with the some of the ethics complaints filed against Palin. All but one of the links is working and I didn't come to the conclusion that these are baseless complaints. it looks more likely that Palin either doesn't have an interest in discovering the laws that control her actions in office or, just doesn't care about them.

Lady, how do lawsuits that have been in part brought about by your beloved republicans become just a nuisance in your opinion? I'm sure it is quite a nuisance for most politicians to obey the laws of the state and country they represent. This doesn't stop them from doing so in most circumstances. Do you actually believe that obeying the law should be considered nothing more than a nuisance when you are a politician, or does that only apply if you're a conservative republican?

This shows a pattern of placing herself above the law and doing whatever benifits her and those around her the most, regardless of the laws involved. The complaint about the dog sled race might be considered frivolous until you remember her attitude about laws andrules of conduct. Ignorance of the law has never been a excuse for not obeying a law. Being the Govenor and the most powerful person ina state normally indicates that this person is well versed in the laws of that state. Either she feels her position affords her the luxury of actually knowing how to govern the state or she simply sees herself as being above them. IMO it's the later.

The complaint about offering a free product endorsement for a company because they pay your husband is an ethical violation. It is explained in the laws and if Sarah could be bothered with nuisances like obeying the law, she would know this. This might be considered a personal attack and a silly problem to most who dont care about the truth.

Let's waste a little more breath here. Lady would you be so kind as to prove any of these lawsuits to be baseless?

base·less adj.
                Having no basis or foundation in fact; unfounded.
                Synonyms: baseless, groundless, idle, unfounded, unwarranted
                These adjectives mean being without a basis or foundation in fact: a baseless accusation; groundless rumors; idle gossip; unfounded suspicions; unwarranted jealousy. Used in a sentence: Belief in the Republican Party's ability to recognize the truth, even when it slaps them upside the head, is baseless.

I here you Ron, I am considering volunteering in my area to help get Palin the Republican nomination for president, I dont think there is anything I can do that will do more to  help improve this countries future.

Not a single conviction, and yet people like Charlie Rangle, the guy that sat on the committee that writes our tax laws and who avoided taxes for 17 years gets a pass... Where are the media attacks on Rangle?

"Not a single conviction,"
                    Well, that's technically true, since when your state legislature finds you guilty of ethics violations, they don't get to convict you. They just find that you violated ethics rules.

"yet people like Charlie Rangle"

*Hmmm, I got nothing but a technicality to defend Palin...what should I do? Oh, I know!*

"But...but...but...Charlie Rangle!"

2. shynsly profile image60
                    shynslyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, that is still a very good (and relevant) question... as somebody who myself is not a huge fan of Palin, I still want a straight answer about that crap.

Why is such a horrendous tax cheat in charge of the federal tax code and allowed to skate, with his primary defense being... "Well, I just didn't understand the law."... Uhm, don't you WRITE the law?

3. Stump Parrish profile image61

What does Rangle have to do with my comment to you. We were discussing Palin and since you had nothing to offer you pick another sound bite to offer in place of a relevent response.

As far as I have seen their is no delusion group running around defending him either. If he broke the law he will be dealt with, remember he is a Democrat and they still have to obey the laws of this country or face the consquences. Remember when both parties were in this position?

4. Stump Parrish profile image61

Kindergarden age answers to adault questions. We start discussing Palin and her actions and the best you can offer as a defense is...well the Democrats do it to. Little billy hollers, Mommy Lady hit me, lady replies,mommy billy hit me first so I'm allowed to hit him since I act like a spoiled little brat. .

2. Ron Montgomery profile image58

Why don't you test your theory.

Tell the truth sometime.

How about you? Why don't you test your theory that Palin quit in the face of "whithering" media attacks?

"Palin offered few clues about her ambitions but said she arrived at her decision in part to protect her family, which has faced withering criticism and occasional mockery, and to escape ethics probes that have drained her family's finances and hampered her ability to govern."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 01738.html

You people make this too easy.  Even when I spot you a few points, you can't keep up.

Go get some more FoxNews talking points; I'll be waiting.

Right, this says she " quit to spare her state the expense" of the legal battles she found herself in after the campaign with McCain. This is the reason she gave, more than the "whithering" media attacks. She still has had the "whithering" media attacks, but has spared AK the legal expense by not being in office. I'd rather believe it from the person than from the media, even Foxnews, and it is the cost to AK that she says was the reason she stepped down. This makes sense with the track record of all the fiscal policy principles she followed as a mayor, in the AK state role of overseeing the oil industry there and then as governor in that she is very respective of it being the people's $, and not hers to profit from. Have you read about the expense cutting she did of the city and state governments she ran? It is from that position of principle that she decided to step down. What she did supports what she says. I think that speaks more than what the media claims.

She has spared Alaska much more than legal expenses.

I see do not want to discuss the facts.

2. Stump Parrish profile image61

Ron, how did she save the state money on legal expenses when she is required to pay for her own defense. Oh yea, it's coming out of the kick backs she engineered that will pay her over a billion dollars a day for the rest of her life. See lady, I can make crap up just like the right. Why do you think Palin deserves a retirement of over a billion dollars a day from a job she couldn't even finish? Dont you think the homeless could use this money? Dont you think Alaska will need it to cover the cost of the next oil spill Halliburton causes?

2. lovemychris profile image77

Calling a white guy gringo is race-baiting? Err, not in my book.
      And it's understandable she would feel relief,  "I felt some small relief in knowing that at least this shooting wouldn't be used as a reason for yet another backlash against immigrants, or at least that’s what I'm hoping. In this political climate, it's hard to tell."
      Since Immigrants get called murderers, drug-dealers, criminals, etc all the time.

What's more telling to me is in the comments section. One woman wants to get her fired!
      So, Palin, Beck, Rush etc can say offensive things all day and night, but they want this Latina fired?
      Ahahaha!

FIGURES!

Like Palin says---they won't shut us up. But they SURE want to shut anyone up who makes THEM angry!!

lollollollol

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it isn't up to organizations to end the vitriol. Maybe it's up to individuals. Seems organizations and businesses will do whatever it takes to stay in business, regardless of whether it's ethical or not. Hence, finger pointing and name calling, greed, lust, power, etc.

But if individuals, one at a time choose to end the vitriol, we reclaim our power against any entity that takes our power from us.

Including political parties, religious institutions, and anything else that may oppress or force.

Hmmmmm, the article wasn't written by an organization.

It was written by a hateful individual.

When the left quits being so hateful maybe then we will too.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63

I think I can rest my case here. The individual, despite his affiliations, chose vitriol, thus perpetuating the problem, not helping to solve it. He probably claimed his right to do what he did based on his awful affiliations. A poor reason, in my assessment.

You would have a better case if you had read the article.

You may have even seen "he" was actually a she.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63

I don't need to read vitriol to make an informed comment. When have I not seen this over, and over, and over again? It's just more of the same, but my comment still has relevance for any who may gravitate toward it. If it doesn't fit where you're at you're obviously not obligated to make it relevant to you.

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

What about Ed Shultz calling Republicans "bastards"? I don't watch him - I read that on the Huffington Post.

I've watched! That guy is a hateful crazy loon! LOL! I can't believe any one would put him on the air!

2. Jim Hunter profile image61

They are the only ones resorting to vitriol.

Its their stock and trade.

3. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you want to see hate at it's crescendo look at the comments on the Huffington Post. I believe I have the record for most deleted comments when I present them with the facts.

1. Druid Dude profile image59
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"There'll be fightin in the streets, with our children at our feet, and the morals we all worshipped will be gone" Pete Townshend "The Who"

Haven't been to the Huffinton site in awhile. Is it as bad as the moronic crap that spewed on the Fox news site?

1. tony0724 profile image59
          tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

By far worse. Borderlining on brainless

1. livelonger profile image86
            livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not worse. The same. But yeah, brainless.

1. Stump Parrish profile image61

guess I need to stop by and check it out for myself. Nothing personal but i do like to verify something beforeIi talk about it. I wonder how many people just said to their best friend..Why dat daress a come pleate waise o time bubba, shute deys lots of dem good conversative sites that dont even know how to lie. Boy howdy, ain't dat dare yankee about a derned fool. Wastin time athinkint he could spend alistenin to dat dare geenyus Glen Bek. Hey bubba, did you here that sum isa tryin to say dat Glen Bek is one of dem fancy underdrawers wearin Morn mums? Anybuddy thats as smart as dat boy is is got to be a believin in the same god we does. I aint a figgerin them morn mums to be no heathens like dem izlams is.

3. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Jim, that is correct.  They want everyone but themselves to tone it down.  You see no one is as smart as they are and therefore they are the only ones that should be allowed to say whatever they want.  TIC!

4. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Ps: I think Republicans are bastards too. Just as Liberals were just called liars.

The thing is, when someone says, "we need second amendment solutions to those bastards", that's when you have to worry.

Capice?

Capice?

No, I have never understood anything you have ever said.

non sono certo di aver capito bene

capire?

1. lovemychris profile image77

How about this:

We can have Matthews and Shultz and Olbermann say to their audience:

"You real Americans out there...we need to do something about these Republicans. We need a second amendment solution to take care of them. We need to lock and load on their agenda and not re-treat, but reload on their attacks!"

Now THAT would be vitriolic.

Comprende?

I think the left as usual would shoot themselves in their collective feet.

Obamablessyou.

They're not the ones who show up to political rallies with guns.

FAIL.

2. couturepopcafe profile image59
        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I got two bruthas and an uncle who can break someone's kneecaps for them if you need it.  Dial 555 - compare.  They can be 'taken care of' the family way.  wink

Well, this is not slight on you couture, because I know you meant no harm.

But that man who was shot, and told the Tea-party guy "You're dead"?

He says there is a Tea-party crime syndicate.

And I believe it.

San Jose Mercury News...apparently, someone made threats on Sarah's behalf!

And just the way they operate...all the gun talk, the violence, the ugly rhetoric.. it IS like a mafia gang...only with less morals.

Italian Mafia had morals in their own way.

They did not shoot kids or mothers.

"Italian Mafia had morals in their own way."

You have been watching way too many movies.

I wouldn't expect you to understand...

Not everything is black and white, and there are certain levels of grey that sometimes are necessary.

5. Ron Montgomery profile image58
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Absofrickinlutely hilarious that the teabaggers would consider this hate speech. That's right in line with safety through gun proliferation, and freedom by handing power over to the corporations.

Oh, and those weren't targets in Palin's ad, they were surveyors sights.

No wonder these guys hate education so much.

6. shynsly profile image60
    shynslyposted 13 years ago

Just out curiousity, where is she getting this supposed "backlash against immigrants" crap?

Living all of 10 miles (as the crow flies) from the border, the only "backlash" I see is against all the criminals that keep sneaking into the U.S., usually also bringing in drugs, guiding other criminals, shooting Border Patrol Agents and ranchers, costing our already over-burdened welfare system millions, and leaving huge nasty piles of trash all over the AZ desert as they trespass through.

But I can't say as to where I see any "backlash" or anger towards the thousands of actual immigrants that (legally) live and work around here, in fact, quite a few of them were really good friends and coworkers of mine until we lost touch after I left two years ago. Friends and coworkers who for the most part, share the same gripes and issues I have about their criminal counterparts.

7. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

"She still has had the "whithering" media attacks,"

She is the Queen of attacks. If she is going to play the game, she is going to take some hits too.

And hers are about as rotten as you get...personal, venal and straight to the juggular.

1. habee profile image93

I pretty much agree with this. If you can dish it out, you should be ready to take it. I don't like people picking on the kids of politicians, however. They should be off limits. Spouses, too.

Agreed. But that goes for the politicians themselves, too - they should not parade their children like campaign props.

As for her daughter, Bristol, it's her mother's connection that gave her celebrity status. She would just be another young unwed mother, probably very poor, if it weren't for her mother. She even parlayed that into being the spokesperson for an abstinence campaign. hmm

1. habee profile image93

I wasn't referring to Bristol. She put herself in the limelight. I was referring to Trigg, Amy Carter, McCain's adopted daughter, and Chelsea Clinton.

Trig is a campaign prop for Palin's numerous Tea Party and book appearances. She waves him around for a minute then passes him off onto her aides. Poor kid.

That's about as hateful as any post I have ever seen! Oh but only the right is the promoter of hate! LOL

2. habee profile image93

No reason to make fun of him. He didn't ask for fame.

Was livelonger making fun of Trig? It doesn't look that way to me....

1. habee profile image93

No, no, no!! You misunderstood me! I was saying that we shouldn't make fun of the kids of politicians. Trigg was made fun of on TV - not by LL! I don't believe LL would ever do such a thing!

Oh, sorry about that! Yes, I misunderstood.

Who the heck made fun of the kid? That person should be publicly shamed. That's way over the line.

8. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

You beat me to the punch (not intended as violent rhetoric), LL.
    Other politicians put a media shield around their children.
    Mrs. Palin has not missed an opportunity to put her brood in front of the camera, whether it's Bristol on Dancing with the Stars or the others on her Sarah Palin's Alaska show.
    If she doesn't want her children to be the focus of media attention she sure has a funny way of showing it!

1. habee profile image93

Aha! So now you're saying that you and LL want to punch me, huh? You liberals are so violent!

9. Jeff Berndt profile image74
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

So the editorial basically says this:

"I'm glad the shooter was a white guy, 'cos if he were Latino, there woulda been an anti-Latino backlash."

Wow, I have no idea how someone might come to such a conclusion.

Is it a good idea to talk about this hypothetical backlash in the national media? Well, she certainly has the right to talk about it to anybody who'll listen to her. But I prefer to discuss how to deal with actual backlash that has actually happened rather than complain about something that might have happened (but didn't) if things had been different (but weren't).

1. Doug Hughes profile image60

I did not find the editorial  profound, but the writer was expressing an opinion and deep fear that in any violent crime in AZ involving a Latino, the victim needs to BE the latino or the game of teabagger spin begins. That's the opinion without hate or vitriol.

Jimmy may be testing to see if there's support for wingnut topical censorship of NPR editorials.

2. Doug Hughes profile image60

I did not find the editorial  profound, but the writer was expressing an opinion and deep fear that in any violent crime in AZ involving a Latino, the victim needs to BE the latino or the game of teabagger spin begins. That's the opinion without hate or vitriol.

Jimmy may be testing to see if there's support for wingnut topical censorship of NPR editorials.

10. Mighty Mom profile image78

Ha ha, Habee!
    I cannot picture myself punching you or even wanting to punch you under any circumstances. I like you way to much. Oh, and I'm not a violent person. Sharp tongued, perhaps, but not inclined to physical violence lol

LL -- I found it very interesting that in the Sarah Palin Alaska show the ONLY shot of Trig was when Sarah and Todd were dropping him at Grandma and Grandpa's house (Todd's parents as I recall) for babysitting.

I wonder how much the state of Alaska was paying for baby sitting services?

11. Mighty Mom profile image78

Yes, Palin has been under intense public scrutiny. When McCain chose her as his running mate she was virtually unknown outside of Alaska. The public rightly wanted to know everything about her. If she was to be a heartbeat away from the presidency (which was a big concern, given McCain's age), people needed to feel comfortable with her.

I cannot speak for everyone, of course. But I disagree that the left hates Sarah Palin for her values, conservatism or the fact that she believes in fundamental principles of the Constitution.
    There are many members of Congress who believe in/stand for similar values.They are not automatically hated. In many cases they have our respect.

With Palin it's not so much about what she believes it's the way she conducts herself that is the problem. If she wants to be taken seriously as a candidate for office, she needs to do more than spout bumper sticker mantras. She needs to bone up on the issues and get a grasp of the complex subject matter required of the job.
    If her goal, instead, is to be a right-wing media star on Fox with an open forum to foment anger and promote tea party candidates,  she's still going to be under public scrutiny.

Oh, and it's not just "the left" who have issues with Sarah Palin, btw.

She actually came to the attention of the media when she quit the last job she was elected to before she quit the last job she had been elected to. Can you say sell out for big bucks. Can you say integrity? That's two oaths she has taken and blown off. Quite a little track record she got going here.

12. Mighty Mom profile image78

Don't sugarcoat it Jeff. Tell us how you REALLY feel smile.

13. Mighty Mom profile image78

Yes, Stump (I will not use your initials because, unfortunately, they are the same as the person we are discussing smile).
    I just have to laugh when I read hubbers talk about Sarah Palin's "honor." She personifies LACK of HONOR.
    She never, ever does the honorable thing.
    Oh wait, perhaps they mean she honors money!

Having the same initials should raise my IQ level a couple more points. Hot diggity dog, I's a genius now.

14. Mighty Mom profile image78

Believe it or not, I liked Sarah Palin at first, too.
    I was really quite excited when McCain picked her as his running mate.
    That all changed with her Katie Couric interview and Joe Biden debate.
    It's been a rapid descent from there.

I was excited to see more women entering the race for the Whitehouse when McCain selected her myself, MM. It didn't take long to discover how unqualified to hold public office this woman really is.

15. Mighty Mom profile image78

No LL was NOT making fun of Trig. He was pointing out the expedience to SP of having a special needs baby to exploit for her own good.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I read it, too, only I read "baby," full stop.

16. Mighty Mom profile image78

Who dared make fun of little Trigg on TV? That is lower than low.

17. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Family Guy and Bill Maher.

Booo. They should only be picking on people who choose to be in the public eye; certainly not on a toddler.

1. habee profile image93

I agree. Bristol is kinda fair game, but not Trigg. I hated it when folks used to make fun of Amy Carter and Chelsea Clinton, too.

I absolutely adore Bill Maher.

If you cant make fun of people what good are they. I'm not racist but will laugh like crazy at a racist joke. I'm not a religious person and simply adore the Priest, Rabbi and a duck walk into the bar, jokes. I am a small man by societies standards and yet I love all the old ones about the Man from Nantucket. Please, I make fun of myself all day long and ya know what, I hasn't caused the first broken bone or illness. What the heck is wrong with laughing at something that funny. When I laugh at me it doesn't show disrespect to me from me. It shows that I dont feel the need to take myself so seriously that I am incapable of being happy. What sound does an Italian helicopter make? wop wop wop wop. I disliked growing up in the south due to their habit of calling a son with the same name as his fathert, little so and so. You see, my fathers name was Dick and that meant I was answering to little Dick at the same time puberty hit. OMG I am so offended at me for saying that about me. Some times I will laugh at myself for no reason other than to see why so many others enjoy it, so much.

Arguing with some people on here is like running a race in the special olympics. YThey may win but in the end, ytheir still a retard. I am about as politically correct as Palin is correct for politics.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4452206.jpg

3. livelonger profile image86

How was the Family Guy bit insulting to Trig? It didn't even seem insulting to Sarah.

And as for Bill Maher - he's a comedian, and an un-PC one at that. He seemed to be insulting Fox News viewers, not Trig (or, again, Sarah).

Neither of them were bashing Trig. Including the fact that he has Down syndrome is not taunting him for his disability.

Contrast this with Limbaugh's taunt of a 12-year-old Chelsea, calling her the White House dog, or with Beck's taunt of Malia Obama, calling her stupid.

1. habee profile image93

I guess it's a matter of opinion, LL, but I thought Maher's comment was over the line. And even Huffpo refers to Family Guy as "mocking" Trig:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/1 … 62522.html

As for your comment about Chelsea, I fully agree with you and already stated that I didn't like how Amy Carter and Chelsea were mocked. Wow. Beck's statement was terrible! I think you already know my feelings about Beck.

Yes, it's a matter of perspective, I guess. I could see it from your perspective, too, although I felt that the butt of his joke was really FNC watchers. Maher says a lot of stuff that could be clearly considered "un-PC" (offensive to some).

HuffPo is really a bit of a liberal version of Drudge Report (i.e.  a controversy-stoking rag...) And Beck will say or do anything for ratings. I swear he (and Limbaugh) will eventually be exposed as not believing a single thing they say, and that they said/did everything just to get better ratings.

2. Daniel Carter profile image63

Beck. For all his diatribe about what is right, he doesn't make a very good Christian, and even a worse Mormon. And I have a right to say that because I love my Mormon relatives. Many of them are wonderful people. Beck is a mockery to what is good because of his twisted perception of what is "right."

18. Mighty Mom profile image78

Thank you for your honesty, Stump. You are not alone in laughing at un-PC jokes!

I had to reassure myself which baby boy Palin was Trig vs. Tripp. I stumbled upon this and had to share it. It is too funny!

Tripp Palin's Name Explained
    Posted by Brett Singer

Bristol and Levi Palin - I mean, Levi Johnston and his fiance Bristol Palin - named their kid Tripp.Curious about the choice of Tripp for Bristol Palin's newborn son?

Laura Wattenberg ("The Baby Name Wizard"), told the Chicago Tribune that Bristol wanted to go with a "tr" name to go along with her brothers Track and Trig. That's speculation, of course, but it seems like as good a theory as any.

According to Wattenberg, adding the extra "p" is unusual – Trip with one p is "more traditional," and is a "preppy-style nickname for a 'third,' like the popular name Trey." The extra p usually makes it a surname, says Wattenberg, like Linda Tripp. Remember her? Wattenberg says that Bristol "is doubtless too young" to recall the woman who secretly taped her phone calls with Monica Lewinsky. I can't imagine anyone would name their child after Linda Tripp, especially making the choice to shift a last name to a first name. Although I guess if you really hated Bill Clinton, that might motivate someone to do it. I'd probably pick "Star", after Ken, but drop the extra R.

I didn't really think about how my kids' name would go together, although many families do. Melvin Van Peebles gave all of his children names that started with M, that way the initials would always be MVP. And George Foreman named all of his kids… George.

Anyway, here's the deal with the name, according a naming expert:

- Bristol probably wanted to continue with names that started with "tr".
    - the extra P is unusual.
    - it's a preppy name
    - it means "third", like Trey.
    - the name was probably not chosen to honor Linda Tripp.

I really wonder if these baby name gurus are just making stuff up as they go along. But hey, it's a tight economy, and work is work.

So there you have it!

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pretty sad picking on babies!
      Hope you feel real good about yourself.
      They did not choose their mothers.  What kind of heartless mean person would purposely make fun of a child with a disability?  Guess it's all right if it's about someone you hate so much.

now, now, remember, attacks like this are part of the freedom of speech line of reasoning the right was using, just, the other day, you probably remember it well as it was just, the other day. Just the other day. I swear it was just the other day. Now if I could remember what that line is from, I would be able to stop wondering about it.

If you are referring to MM's comments, it seemed to me like she was making fun of the kid's mother.

So people should not be picked on or made fun of because of the way they are born, Right. Does that also apply to conservative Christians and the way they treat homosexual men, women, boys, and girls?

3. livelonger profile image86

He (Mr Singer) was making fun of Bristol's baby's name - Tripp - not Sarah Palin's baby with Down Syndrome, Trig.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)