Page Rank

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (56 posts)
  1. ImChemist profile image58
    ImChemistposted 13 years ago

What is your page rank for your profile ?
    share your experience here.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mostly PR3 or some have PR4.

http://www.prchecker.info/

ImChemistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I checked your PR and its 4 , good work .
        I think may you can use your profile in selling text links .

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, but it is not a good idea to sell it.

2. Mekenzie profile image77
        Mekenzieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I looked up the link you put above pretty, but I can't figure out how it works.  It looks like you have to put a code somewhere on your site.  Could you please explain how to utilize this tool.  Thanks!
        Mekenzie

1. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just type in the URL. You do not need anything on your site.

1. Mekenzie profile image77
            Mekenzieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you sir  I figured it out.

2. iamalegend profile image60
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the big zero.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Don't know what it is. Don't really care actually!

It's just another backlink to my hubs and as it isn't keyword researched, I doubt many people will be visiting it and clicking adverts there.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should care, Wry.  Most of our profiles have pretty good pagerank.  Therefore, it's an ideal place to get an authority backlink to our other websites and blogs.

Take a look at Misha's profile!

Wow, your PR is 4

2. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmm...and my profile page's PR is 0 (or NA). Hmmmm.....

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too...

2. Susana S profile image92
          Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine was PR3 then went to 0 - no idea why hmm

Susana S don't afraid , i check your PR now .... its 4 not 0 congratulation.

1. Susana S profile image92
              Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My pagerank plugin is not working then! I just checked on another service and you're right it is PR4....jolly dee smile

2. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

PR isn't particularly important anyway, i would rather use my profile as a high quality source of backlinks than spam it out.

Can you explain what you mean by that, oli?

1. thisisoli profile image70

Hey, sorry for the late reply, had a busy day!

Here is the lowdown on pagerank.

PR is a calculation based soleley on the numebr of links. The only time a site value has an impact on this is when a page is penalized by Google.

Nowadays the quality of a link, the trustworthieness, has far more influence on the benefit of a backlink than the sheer number of links a page might have.

A single backlink from a high quality site is worth much, much, more than a backlink from sites with a low quality.

OK, so I think we're on the same wavelength.  What I was saying is that IF your profile has gained a decent pagerank, then Google will probably regard it as "trustworthy", being part of HubPages.    If you then put links to your websites on your profile, those backlinks are therefore worthwhile.

Not necessarily, it could just mean the site has a lot of backlinks, they might not necessarily be 'trustworthy' backlinks.

However most Hubpages profiles on here have a lot of backlinks from high quality hubs, and Hubpages itself seems to have a high level of trust (Based on an SEOMoz report I ran in any case) which gives a good indication to a Hubpages profile being a good source of backlinks.

So to try and clarify this (My mind is a little exhausted right now, so I might not be making much sense).

High PR = High PR Backlinks.
              High PR Backlinks does not necessarily mean high QUALITY backlinks.
              Low Quality Backlinks = Little Effect on SERPs.
              High Quality Backlinks = a Large benefit in SERPs.
              A site with a lot of low quality backlinks can have a high PR, but the site will still be low quality, it will have a low level of Google Trust.

2. ImChemist profile image58

I think PR is important , when you high rank profile in backlinking your sites or blogs in way not spam

3. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow You got PR2

3. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Do we even have adverts on our profile, I can't see any, never checked when Im logged out!

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes we have adverts. And from what I remember, the same 60/40 applies.

2. ImChemist profile image58

Yes you can , but don't spam or your account penalized.

4. Dusty Snoke profile image84
    Dusty Snokeposted 13 years ago

Mine reads N/A. I am not sure what to think about that. I feel kind of embarrassed and sad. Any thoughts?

Unless you have a great deal of inbound links, it can take months to obtain any PR.  For an unimportant page, it can take a long, long time to get even 1.

1. KristenGrace profile image60
        KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate this response, because I didn't know much about PR either.  Mine is NA too.

2. Dusty Snoke profile image84
        Dusty Snokeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Pcunix, it's great knowing my page is unimportant. just kidding. I am still new all of this so I did not know what "normal" is. btw, I was not really embarrassed and sad, just confused on what the NA meant. Thanks for the info.

3. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

PC, one of my hubs, at about 7 months old and with less than 1000 views shows a PR of 3 and Xray shows 9 inbound links.  About 8 or 10, from 7 months to about 6 months shows a PR of 2 - most of the rest show a 0 except for the most recent at less than 2 months which are n/a.

My stats page shows a 6 with the same tool.

Am I looking at the wrong thing?

I know this, so I can't explain why my profile has such a good PR.  I've never gone out to deliberately get backlinks to it.

However, before I had my own websites, I've commented on plenty of blogs and joined plenty of different sites where I entered my profile page as my website link.  I can only assume that (and all the internal linking from HubPages forum posts) have done the trick.

4. ImChemist profile image58

Don't be sad its easy just keep working hard on hubs and get some outside backlinks to your profile , and i think in the next Google update you will get rank.

1. Dusty Snoke profile image84

Thanks, ImChemist. Let's pretend I am stupid. As an example, a backlink is where I go to my personal website and put a link to my hubpage profile. Correct? I understand there are multiple ways to create backlinks, I just want to make sure I understand what a backlink is.

If this is the case, I never thought to do that with my profile page, just the individual hubpages. hmmm, learn something new everyday.

No need to thanks friend we are all here to help each other and yes backlinks is getting links to your page ( profile , hubs or site). you not stupid .

1. Dusty Snoke profile image84

I appreciate the no thanks, but I do want to thank everyone that helps me. I know I am not stupid, but there are times I feel that way with all this new stuff to learn. I must admit though I am pleased with myself for taking on a new direction in life. Whew, glad to know I had that one right. well off to the regular job.

2. kephrira profile image61
      kephriraposted 13 years ago

I think google PR has gone from barely relevant to totally irrelevant for anything except selling text links. Hasn't it been nearly a year since they updated it anyway?

3. Karanda profile image79
      Karandaposted 13 years ago

For me it's 'Current page is not ranked by Google'. I have a couple of hubs with a 1/10 score but most rank 0/10 or the same as my profile, not ranked. It's all very depressing.

It shouldn't be.  I've had low ranked pages earn good money. 

I can't find a PR tool that is working this morning, so I can't give you any specific examples.

SeoQuake addon is the best tool.

2. Karanda profile image79
          Karandaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then what I am I doing wrong? I'm about ready to give up.

Who says you are doing anything wrong?  Are you getting search engine traffic? Are you makig any money?  Unless both answers are no, you aren't "wrong".

1. Karanda profile image79

Not much and not much. I made a big push for the contest in January and posted to the weekly HubMobs and conncected to the Personal Finance contest. My daily traffic decreased, so who knows?

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

Karanda, you're not necessarily doing anything wrong.

It's handy to have good PR on your profile IF you have other websites and blogs that you want to promote.  But it's not important and it wouldn't be worth the work to go out and deliberately get pagerank for it - much better to promote your individual Hubs.

I do think page rank is over-rated.  I have one website with a PR of 3, but my best-performing site (which earns twice as much) is only a PR1.  So as far as I can see, it doesn't really mean that much.

2. profile image0
        ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not to be, according to google they stop basing much importance on PR since lots of people abusing the system, rather they changing the algorithm

Do you think Google will change the system of measuring PR ?

4. profile image57
      FStevensposted 13 years ago

Any ideas what they might change the algorithm to?

5. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years ago

So Oli, I usually use PageRank as a flag in the wind when assessing competition for a keyword, and nothing more than that. What are your thoughts on that?

You can use it is a flag, but it is not always accurate.It would be better to at least check the backlinks f your competition and see what level of quality they are, or use a tool such as SEOMoz to guage some form of Trust ranking. (Rand Fishkin, the guy behind SEOMoz is in good with Google, so when he provides an SEO tool it is worth taking note!)

6. profile image53
      HotHubposted 13 years ago

PageRank is part of a wider range of link analysis metrics. It used to be an important factor behind Google rankings and as such was abused by webmasters. Links are still the major driving force behind rankings but as Oli has pointed out link analysis takes into account more than just PR.

Google devalued PR to fight off the gaming of their results through link exchanges and nowadays PageRank has little effect on ranking. Potentially, 1 link from a PR 7 page could make your page a PR5 or even PR6, regardless of whether tha linking page is related to yours or not. Google especially looks upon links from a diverse set of IP's as far more important than the individual PR of the pages forming the link and if those links come from relevant, authoritative, well visited sources then its a good link.

One aspect of Hubbing often commented on is that Hubs initially rank well before fading somewhat and then after a few months start to improve in the SERPs once again. This is because fresh content is always treated favourably by Google but that little push only lasts for a short period, thereafter it comes down to links. It can take three months or so for the full benefit of a link to be awarded to your page and so over time hubs will start to improve again.

Links from tag pages and from the automatically generated related hubs section displayed on Hubs all count as links and take time to mature. The architecture of HubPages is well thought out in that it generates links for you but I doubt if accumulating PageRank was the reasoning behind this, more likely it was to generate related links and help the initial spidering of new content.

7. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 13 years ago

Mine is PR3 i know thats ok but dont know why really,bit lost!!!

8. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Don't Worry Karanda - within 18 months you will be a PR4 like many of us... but you must backlink your profile on a few sites and it will also help you to grow by reading and commenting and having others do this with you.  Don't stress - do a little keyword research, continue to write quality works and let the world know that you are here! smile

Thank you for your encouragement. I have done a lot of what you suggest already but it seems to make little difference. Still, I only have 39 Hubs so I am thinking I need to write more. It was wonderful to read your post though, you have given me the motivation to continue. I can feel it in my bones that this is a good site.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
          Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My Pleasure... Set little month by month goals and aim at a min of 50 hubs.. you don't have a lot to do, you'll see.. Don't give up on yourself, you have worked hard so far. Believe.. let people know that you are here more.

Good Luck - You are going to be fine.. It's Just Like a BUNGY Jump big_smile

Oh no, not the bungy jump! If there is one thing on this earth that I never wanted to attempt it is the dreaded bungy jump. Thanks Pearldiver your words are motivational.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)