Republican Congressman Threatens Democrat with Death

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (24 posts)
  1. AnnCee profile image68
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

A Wisconsin Democrat Assemblyman turned to a Republican Assemblywoman in the middle of a legislative session Friday and said, "You are f--king dead."

Despite the following report from the Northwestern at 12:53 PM Monday, no major media outlet other than Fox News has covered this disgusting story:

Rep. Gordon Hintz, D-Oshkosh, called Rep. Michelle Litjens, R-Winneconne, Monday morning to apologize for his comments that Litjens described as containing an obscenity and the words you're dead. Last week, he accepted responsibility for being issued an ordinance violation for visiting a massage parlor in Appleton that was the subject of a prostitution sting.

The Daily Caller's Jeff Poor on Monday linked to the website of Wisconsin's Newsradio 620 WTMJ which judging by the first comment reported as early as 10:43 AM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … bMBl0oF1-Q

Last Friday.... after the Assembly voted to engross the Budget Repair Bill, Hintz turned to a female colleague, Rep. Michelle Litjens and said: "You are F***king dead!"

In this post-Gabrielle Giffords world, with calls for a new civility, a man that was just busted in the middle of a prostitution sting says "You are f--king dead" to a woman on the floor of the Wisconsin assembly, and America's media couldn't care less.

Despite this being reported no later than 10:43 AM, a Google news search identified that apart from Wisconsin outlets, only Fox and conservative websites thought this was at all newsworthy.

As of 12:30 AM Tuesday, according to LexisNexis, no major news outlets reported this event. Closed-caption records for ABC's "World News," CBS's "Evening News," and NBC's "Night News" also found no coverage of this issue.

Imagine for a moment Hintz was a Republican and Litjens a Democrat.

This likely would have been the lead story for all three broadcast evening news programs as well as the focus of every hour of reporting on CNN and MSNBC with calls for Hintz's resignation.

But much like what happened at ABC's town hall meeting when a survivor of the Giffords shootings said "You are dead" to a Tea Party leader in the audience, our media clearly don't care when liberals publicly threaten conservatives.

Now this standard extends to a male Democrat elected official vulgarly assaulting a female Republican on an Assembly floor.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-shepp … -king-dead

1. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

More of that new civility from the left! I'm sure that's what Obama was talking about when he said public workers shouldn't be reviled or denigrated.

1. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But the thread title is Republican threatens Democrat with death smile

AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I thought you and your pals might find it more to your liking.

So what do you think?  Approve?  Disapprove?   Not sure?  Don't know?  Don't care?

Should the media cover it?

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
            Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a good "Gotcha!" AnnCee.

2. John Holden profile image60

Aw, you did it just to amuse little old me smile

Now if you could find something that said all democrats, rather than a democrat, then I might be impressed but one sad man doesn't cut the mustard really does it?
            After all, I'm sure there are republican who on occasion you would rather just shut up.

1. weholdthesetruths profile image60
              weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope.   I don't want to shut anyone up.   I have principles.

?I'm not trying to shut anybody up and I too have principles, so what?

1. weholdthesetruths profile image60

I find no evidence of you having any principles.   Especially the part where you speak dishonestly.

Where do I speak dishonestly?

2. Aficionada profile image80
          Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would you even have read it otherwise?

Yes, I read what is written and not what I'd like to be written.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Left's getting a habit of gettin' bolder and meaner in tone and words, aren't they?!

I read a comment on another board in response to this threatening behavior that I thought was quite good.

Reply 2 - Posted by: Lazy Shooter, 3/1/2011 10:01:59 AM     (No. 7408349)

http://www.lucianne.com/thread/?artnum=599463

I think that's true.   

But like GOOD Muslims who don't speak out against violent jihad,

and like GOOD teachers who don't speak out against union thuggery,

GOOD Democrats cannot be distinguished from the Communists who

have taken over their party.

THE GOOD MUST SPEAK UP.  THAT'S WHAT THE TEA PARTY IS, GOOD PEOPLE SPEAKING UP.   AND IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

3. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dam....he beat me to it!!
      And at least he apologized. STILL waiting for an apology from Palin and Beck and Limbaugh and the lot of Fox and hate radio to apologize. They dont have the balls.

Apologize for what?  Your fantasies about reality?

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I think you are correct on this one, AnnCee. I admit to being "duped" by the reversed title. Shows how conditioned I am!

Having admitted that, here's the caveat.

What is missing here is the context for his statement. Is it possible the Republican Assemblywoman said something provocative to the Democrat?

I must also point out that visiting a massage parlor that is the subject of a prostitution sting is not exactly the same as being caught in the middle of a sting. Is it?

1. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol!! Shameless!! The left always will justify their actions no matter how wrong! How shout the lefty protestor in WI that spit on the child with a sign... oh and she was supporting the protestors! These people are vile!

2. AnnCee profile image68

Provocative?   Well she was the handiest demon Republican.

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/article/ … |FRONTPAGE

Puts a whole different slant on it doesn't it! Thanks for the clarification Ann Cee.

3. weholdthesetruths profile image60

Defending the worst, no matter what, seeking to excuse absolutely inexcusable behavior still, aren't we?   

Must keep the party in power, must keep the party in power, must keep the party in power...   Is that printed all over your walls, repeated on every speaker in the house, and run though every monitor and tv?   

Or do you just do it because that's who you are?

3. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

I agree that it's important to know the context, and I know that there's far more than I have heard.  But I did hear her on the radio yesterday.  What I recall sounded like her greatest offense was in supporting the process of "engrossing" the bill (not sure I'm using the term correctly).

The most interesting part was that she said she had decided not to say anything publicly about Hintz's rudeness and obscenity.  He did not make any apology to her until someone else leaked the story and it came out in the press three days after it happened. So, the apology was politically motivated, not motivated by any sincere feeling of regret.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)