Why? My hub has been marked as needing revision

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image55
    TexMarInfoposted 13 years ago

I have no clue as to why and I have not been given and reply to me request for more info. I never received and letter from the hub page staff. Can someone please give me some understanding on this??

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just from reading your complaint here in the forums, one thing comes to mind. You do not express yourself clearly in English for all to be able to understand you.

1. profile image55
        TexMarInfoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dave,  I think that I may have given more attention to detailing what my complaint is. If I were to express myself in a more detailed fashion, the end result would be nothing more than to say that I've been cited for violation of those rules in posting hub pages but I have not been told as to how I am in violation.

Looking at the hubpages in question, I cannot see anything that would cause such concern. I would hope that my hubpage would not be judged from anything other than the content withing and not from the complaint itself. Does this make sense?

I was hoping to get some kind of input from what my hubpages reflect. This would be helpful. Yes?

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The site FAQ details a variety of scenarios by which Hubs can be moderated by admin for inappropriate content or non-compliance with site standards.

Those topics are covered starting here, http://hubpages.com/faq/#what_is_allowed

1. profile image55

This is correct. They do detail a variety of scenarios by which Hubs can be moderated by admin for inappropriate content or non-compliance with site standards

This is a problem that I have been trying to deal with in my hubpages concerning divorce law as well. The indeterminacy of law in divorce leaves many people to guess to the meaning and therefore its easy to run afowl of what is  expected.

Here is another case of vagueness that leaves me to guess as to what it is that I have done wrong. This would be the same as if you had been given a $50. traffic ticket and not being told what it was that you did wrong but only given a list of violations that result in a $50 fine.
        Does this make sense?

3. Jason Menayan profile image59
      Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You were emailed, twice, by the moderation team; 21 hours ago, and almost 2 hours ago. I would check to make sure the emails are not trapped in your junk mail folder.

1. profile image55

Thanks for replying. Yes they did reply but the problem that continues to exist is that the replies did nothing to specify what was needing to be revised. With no indication of how the hubs in question did not conform to standards, it is not apparent where the pages needed correction.

If the pages are identified as being in violation, it should be recognizable as to how they are in violation. This is what I continue to not understand and I'm hoping to rectify the problem in a timely fashion. Can you help to identify what it is that the Hubpage staff is concerned with?
        Thanks.

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
          Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should reread the emails that the moderators sent you. I'm not a moderator, so I don't know what they sent you.

Literally hundreds of Hubs are moderated every day, so the onus is on you to read the emails they send you very carefully, read the Terms of Use, and the FAQ, and submit your Hubs for republication when they comply with the rules.

That's great that fellow Hubbers seem to be willing to help you out, as well, in this forum thread.

2. classicalgeek profile image82
    classicalgeekposted 13 years ago

I don't know which hub it is that has been marked for revision, but I picked one of yours at random: "Divorce, The Attorney and the TDRPC". It is substantially copied content. While it may not be plagiarism, because the source should be public domain, the fact remains that it contains very little material written by you, compared with the amount of copied content. Hope that helps.

1. profile image55

Thanks for replying.
      My biggest concern is wtih the understanding of the rule against duplication.
      I realize the importance of not just duplicating but to produce something original.

The one clarification that needs to be made is in concern with quoting law or legal citations. There is a strong need to recite the statute as it stands before commenting in it . Also, the opinions of the court are highly relevant to make an argument that is consistent with adjudicated law.

I would think that it is important for Hubpages to strengthen its rules concerning duplication of content but as this has recently been updated, I think that there is room for discretion.

1. Michael Willis profile image66
        Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They have updated rules for No Duplication at all.

http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/03/things … your-hubs/

Quotes are only allowed to a point. You might just write more content or use less quotes. If you do this, I would suggest e-mailing Hubpages staff to review the amount of quotes before republishing the Hub.

Follow the link Relache provided and you can learn more from the  FAQ section also.

1. profile image55

Michael,  I truly appreciate your effort to help but it seems that you are contradicting what I find by reviewing the link that Relache provided. Also, this information provided is not specific in identifying the problem that continues to exist.

My  question was initially dealing with why hubpages staff have not responded with further clarification. I have asked what was wrong with my hub as I could see nothing that offended the rules.

You state that they have  updated the rules for "no duplication at all"

As all my pages are truly unique to HubPages, then I cannot be in violation of those stated rules as found in FAQ.

Also, please consider this quote as stated under the link provided by Relache:

"..,or some commonly-used, public domain, or historical phrases have triggered the duplicate content detector. If your Hub has been certified as original by an administrator, a notification signifying so will appear at the top of the Hub."
          If I could be shown how I am duplicating another hub, I would be surprised..

As is, I am left to guess as to the discrepancy and have not been given further clarification as I had asked for.
          Thanks.

1. Michael Willis profile image66
            Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mention how you could be shown how you copied another hub? It doesn't have to be a hub. It could be anything on the internet.

There is not a definite amount of words for quotes that I could find anywhere. That's why I suggested that you might write more content to go with the hub you have quotes or use less quotes.
            Then...e-mail Hubpage staff and see if this would pass the automatic detection, before trying to publish again. 
            No one outside of you and staff can see your unpublished hubs, so there is no way I or anyone else can give you a 100% answer.

Staff is usually not on the site that much on weekends, so expect you might have to wait a little longer, like first of the week for an answer. Also, with everything going on with the Google shift, they have been quite busy.

3. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 13 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages. I hope you can fix the hub and remove any copied parts other than maybe a one sentence quotation with quotation marks. You can put much info in your own words. Follow what Hubpages has told you in recent emails. Good luck.

1. profile image55

Thanks. I appreciate your time and help..
      I have nothing in my hub that is duplicated from other hubs so this can't be the problem.
      Everything that is found in my hub is in my own words except for the statutes that i am concerned with and the case law that supports what I am trying to explain. Statutes and case law is not considered as a duplication concern under the rules against duplication and cannot be reworded.

My concern is to why Hubpage staff hasn't given further clarification when I requested it.

1. brakel2 profile image74
        brakel2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You  failed to put the quoted parts in quotation marks or identified the source. You cannot quote all these statutes but must put them in your own words. Explain the law without quoting it. I believe that writing a hub on the law presents difficulty and that even if you rephrase it, you may not get traffic to such a hub and rephrasing it will lose meaning. Figure this out as Hubpages cannot give you an entire dissertation on this issue. Good luck.

4. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

By any chance, are you the author of:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Divorce-Attorneys-QA

http://hubpages.com/hub/Questions-4-Divorce-Lawyers

http://hubpages.com/hub/Divorce-Texas-Family-Law

Two are unpublished and one is published -- and they all have substantially the same content. That's certainly grounds for moderation of the hubs. Duplicate content is duplicate content. And it's a no no.

You can always link to the source of information rather than copy it.

5. Trish_M profile image80
    Trish_Mposted 13 years ago

Hi smile

I just had a quick look at your work and may I just say, Texmarinfo, that the beginning of your item 'Divorce Law Info' seems rather confusing to me.

I feel that it needs a clarifying introduction.

You have even left in :'Click edit above to add content to this empty capsule.'

Then there is: 'Critical Q&A!!...'

This is sort of thing needs looking at, or it could be reported as inferior.

Good luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)