HP ad program Is anyone making money yet?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Charlu profile image78
    Charluposted 12 years ago

Just wondering if anyone was making any money yet with the ad program? Hey it isn't much but it's working.

Thanks HP

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I make around $1 or two per day.  More that the sad earnings adsense can come up with anymore with or without the ad program.

2. kschang profile image87
      kschangposted 12 years agoin reply to this

3 bucks a day average so far, but it's only a week in.

3. profile image52
      ForYourInfoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep everyone is making money through ad program but you need patience to make bucks.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL, you need to write some hubs too!

2. sofs profile image75
    sofsposted 12 years ago

I am just getting a few peanuts each day... I seriously think of opting out..but I'll give it some more time.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

my HP ad peanuts seem to be more than my adsense peanuts

1. sofs profile image75
        sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL  smile lol I thought my adsense peanuts were more when counted at the end of the day lol

1. Rosie2010 profile image67
          Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

sofs, you're hilarious!  I have a few more peanuts in my HP ads than Adsense.  I think I'll go plant more peanuts. big_smile

2. Richieb799 profile image76
        Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The HP Ad program peanuts were dry roasted so I opted to just have the salted Adsense ones lol

3. jpcmc profile image89
        jpcmcposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For someone who's not getting any peanuts before, it's a feast day for me.  In a few months I hope it improves.  Around 70 months give or take a few weeks will be long enough to see bigger peanuts. LOL smile

3. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

So far it has been reliable. Not a lot, but reliable.
    Adsense on the other hand has been all over the place. smile

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

I make between $2 to $4 a day on average. Actually not much different to what I made on Adsense alone, so no noticeable increase in earnings as yet, (not helped by the amount of hubs that seems to suddenly have Ads disabled or be temporarily unpublished due to silly rules penalising hubs for issues that are not anything most people would have a problem with).

5. Charlu profile image78
    Charluposted 12 years ago

I know it's not much but hey it's money I wouldn't have seen without it. smile

6. BethanRose profile image69
    BethanRoseposted 12 years ago

I haven't hit the $1 a day yet, just a few little ones.. but I'll keep trying! Perseverance!

7. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

My HP Ads earnings are consistent.  Very few days over a dollar, but has never (knocking on wood here) gone down under 50 cents.  Adsense on the other hand, is giving me a heart attack as it jumps up and down.. some days I feel like crying.

8. jponiato profile image88
    jponiatoposted 12 years ago

Well, after 2 days of being in the program, my 2 hubs have made me a nickel.  At this rate, all I need is to put up 3000 more hubs, and I'll be able to retire!

1. twobmad profile image60
      twobmadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hahha.. Good tip! I must do the same....

9. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I shut HP Ad program off. And, am watching my Adsense earnings return. hmm

10. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

My husband and I have each made a couple of dollars since joining last week.

But our combined Google Adsense account has not brought in a CENT in the past seven days...just when we're less than a dollar from payout... mad

11. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 12 years ago

I am averaging over 20.00 per day. Adsense is jumping wildly..one day it is 15.00 and the next it is 3.98

1. twobmad profile image60
      twobmadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are awesome! Wish I could be like you. smile

12. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 12 years ago

My HP earnings are far outpacing my Adsense earnings at this point.  Impressions are still way down since the change from Google.

13. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

I am still chasing my paypal account, that is lost in space somewhere...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/sigh.gif

14. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 12 years ago

I have a CPM of average $4-7 per thousand impressions, but since I can barely get into double digits each day that isn't at all relevant lol

15. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 12 years ago

I was making a bit everyday but that was before it got stuck in pending mode. Hopefully this along with ad showing in code will be fixed soon.

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Have patience. smile

16. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Yes. Nowhere near as much as I'd been earning with Ad Sense.  More, apparently, than I'm earning now.  In the 150's last month.  Less recently because I've tried shutting off HP ads a couple of times - but still nice as far as I'm concerned. Not sure if I'll leave HP ads permanently or not.  Depends what Ad Sense seems to do/not do.  It also depends on a couple of other things too.

17. mdlawyer profile image45
    mdlawyerposted 12 years ago

Personally, I opted out of the Adprogram after trying it for a week, though I used to earn around $2 a day on an average. It was because I felt an instant corresponding decline in my AdSense earnings, the post-Panda meltdown apart.  I have been reconsidering it for a while in the wake of positive feedback from fellow-hubbers.

18. Azure11 profile image84
    Azure11posted 12 years ago

I was going to leave adsense running for May and then switch but the last 10 days or so of adsense have been crumbs from the peanuts so I thought I would switch and see what happened - but that was only 2 days ago and as the earnings are currently delayed I have no idea if I have even earned one peanut crumb!

19. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years ago

My HPad prog isn't worth having, just a $ a day, as soon as I make payout I'm going back to adsense.

20. melpor profile image91
    melporposted 12 years ago

I am almost there for my first payout from the Hubpages Ad Program. I am doing better there than I am for Adsense Ads. I decided to keep them both active for now.

21. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

Mine is running on a consistent basis and is performing dependent on the proportional amount of impressions made by visitors multiplied by.....wait a minute, I just confused myself......what was the question? lol

22. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 12 years ago

I'm just so confused. With HP ads on, my adsense is not even good enough to classify as peanuts.

I'm still pondering.

I turned it off when i reached payout mid April. Then my adsense recovered and i was able to reach adsense payout by the skin of my teeth.

Turned it back on this May, and feel i should leave it on. Of course, adsense has plumetted again, but im watching to see how it goes for May.

So i guess i'll just grin and bear it!.

23. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 12 years ago

BTW, is it possible to do anything to improve/increase page impressions?

Always wondered.

24. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

Hitting payout, but i need to do some testing as to which ad program is best for me.

25. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 12 years ago

I'm making more with HP ads, than I previously was with adsense. And still making a little from adsense on top too.  Which is nice. 

But Amazon/eBay sales have all but vanished.  So overall, I'm considerably worse off.*

* Although I believe the loss of these earnings has more to do with recent changes, rather than competition from HP ads.

26. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 12 years ago

Hi ! Just popped in for a visit !I made about $9,40 last month, up to $2,40 this month, I earn more weekly on kooday as get paid every week as well as earn while asleep!We set off again today to explore so hopefully earn more as I write more hubs !
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5017354_f248.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)