I just found a disturbing search term on on one of my hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 12 years ago

I found a very disturbing search term on one of my hubs under stats.
    A couple years ago I wrote a hub about the kidnapped girl Jaycee Lee Dugard, along with some other local kidnap victims stories.
    When I was looking at the stats of how people search (keywords) I found someone had searched these words:

"show me some pictures how little girls are kidnapped".

This just makes me sick. Anyway to track down pervs like this??
    It's just horrendous to think someone sick out there is trying to learn how to abduct little girls.

Sick. Just sick.

2. Chaotic Chica profile image61
    Chaotic Chicaposted 12 years ago

I don't know what to say about this.  It is unthinkable.

3. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 12 years ago

God, that is scary, Dorsi.  I have no idea if you can track this-very dangerous-idiot, but hopefully someone does.

4. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Do you have Analytics set up? If so,there may be more information there. Where are the CyberAngels when you need them?

Oh good they are still around - email them and they may be able to help. http://www.cyberangels.org/

They are an organisation set up to track down pedophiles on the net. I did some of their training courses years ago but never completed them.

1. K9keystrokes profile image84
      K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Outstanding recommendation Izzy!  Pedophiles need to be hunted just like they hunt down their tiny victims.  CyberAngels rock!
      Cheers.

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Like I said I am out of touch, but this organization, an offshoot of the Guardian Angels, used to train volunteers how to hunt down online pedophiles and anyone else who had intentions to harm children.
        To become a Cyber Angel, you had to complete a rigorous online training course, and also be able to produce a police certificate stating that you, yourself, were crime free.

I completed something like 70 of their 90 odd courses, but couldn't at that time find the money to pay for the certificate. AND of course their final courses would have been about tracking down IP addresses and such-like.

This must have been about 12 years ago, so I've no idea what direction they have taken since then, or even whether or not they still do this kind of work. I see from looking at their site, child safety online is still tops, so hopefully they will be able to help.

5. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 12 years ago

Oh my God, that is so disturbing, I am now going to read your hubs to see what has drawn this evil doer to your hub.

6. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 12 years ago

This is just bothering me so much. I am going to contact those cyber angels, and yes I have analytics.

It just sickens me thinking someone has that on there mind and is actively looking for information to do something vile like hurting a kid. I'd love to track this perv down.

7. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I you looked at my search terms you would think I was the sickest person on the planet.  Because I am a researcher who studies abusive behavior and also a fiction author whose characters have committed various crimes.

You can't know for sure why anyone searches for anything.

1. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is true.I thought about that too - what if this is part of a research paper?
      And how could I use analytics to know who searched it - or could I even do that?

If I ended up in a perv website then I would know they were up to no good, ya know?

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, you're right.  It could be cop doing research.  Or a psychologist.

8. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 12 years ago

Never thought of that, research, I suppose a criminal does not need to search as he/she already knows sad

9. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Something I wondered about (although I don't think anyone ought to just take this "theory" for granted and write off the "perv theory") was whether it might be someone like a parent who wants to "scare" her kid into not walking alone (or something like that).  Some parents with some kids do some things that a lot of others wouldn't think to do.   hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)