Dark circles

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image48
    supriyabvposted 12 years ago

I have lot of dark circles around my eyes. It is increasing day by day. Can you help me in overcoming this.

Thanks
    Supriya.

1. sanathara profile image60
      sanatharaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The best thing to get rid of dark circles forever is doing yoga. Follow yoga regularly along with Pranayam and simple aasans. You will get more oxygen and you'll feel fresh. No amount of external application will help you over come this problem permanently. Your system should be clean from inside. follow the tips of sneha sunny also along with this. I am sure it will be helpful to you. Best of Luck.

2. profile image0
      Chris Hughposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Increasing day by day? You need to see a doctor.

3. caleb89 profile image59
      caleb89posted 11 years agoin reply to this

There are several things you can do to reduce dark circles. First get enough sleep. Second drink water and stay hydrated. Third try to reduce the stress in your life.

2. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 12 years ago

olay eye brightening cream, followed by a light concealer applied under the eye to hide the circles.

and sleep... smile

3. Pamela Sarzana profile image59
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 12 years ago

I also have this problem, the best concealer I have found is Physicians Concealer 101-Perfecting Concealer Duo, It stays on all day, looks natural cost- about $15.  I buy it at CVS Drugstores, so it probably is available at other drugstore chains. A compact of this usually lasts me about 6 months. I use it every day.

Avon- mineral concealer, about $10. Is also very good I would rate it as good as the Physicians , but it takes a little longer to apply it comes in a small pot. They also have a brush you can buy that goes well with this product.  I'm not sure how long this would last since I don't use it every day.

4. princesswithapen profile image89
    princesswithapenposted 12 years ago

Hi Supriya

Believe me, there is no better cure for dark circles on this planet than good old, SLEEP.

Sleeping well may not be an instant cure, but it is the best and the most natural cure around. Reward your body, sleep well.

P

5. profile image51
    anglina jamesposted 12 years ago

she is absolutely right... i also had deep dark circles around my eyes.... i used to try alot thing even i used the garnier eye roll but all in vain... but now i just change my routine of sleeping and you cant even imagine i have now no dark circles around my eyes.... sleep well is the best to cure it

6. Sneha Sunny profile image86
    Sneha Sunnyposted 12 years ago

Follow these steps:
    1. Drink around 3 to 4 liters of water daily.
    2. Sleep well.
    3. Put thick slices of cucumber everyday over your eyes and relax for 15 minutes.
    4. Apply turmeric mixed with milk on the affected areas.
    5. You can try potato slices as well in place of cucumber slices.

Try out these. They are effective.

7. profile image52
    heleziahposted 12 years ago

For your eyes health and their care,I want to share with you something important ideas.Just see.
    http://eye-secretsreview.posterous.com/ … nd-the-art

8. ixbag profile image60
    ixbagposted 12 years ago

massage and good sleep

9. profile image57
    DavidBaxterposted 12 years ago

In most cases, the dark circles under the eyes are blood vessels that can be seen through the skin. The skin around the eyelids (periorbital skin) is the thinnest skin in the body (around 0.5 mm thick compared with 2 mm in other areas).

Eye Secrets

10. Ellarose92 profile image59
    Ellarose92posted 12 years ago

honestly i think cucumbers do they trick and yu take a nice nap or day dream for an hour or two a day and your good to go!

11. profile image0
    Wentworth35posted 12 years ago

I developed dark circles a few years ago, after becoming an insomniac.  These circles quickly developed into large bags.  There are many beauty products on the market, which claim to reverse them.  I have tried tham all, but nothing has worked.  Really the only thing to remove bags is cosmetic surgery, although dark circles will remain, even after bags have been removed.  As I am not attracted to the idea of being sliced open, I have decided to come-to-terms with my bags.

12. profile image53
    fashionistakyposted 12 years ago

I have had dark circles for quite some time. I have a lot of chemical allergies and sensitivities and I sleep on bed linens  made of all cotton materials. In addition, I use only the purest of cosmetics, organic or less fragrances  and chemicals. Sometimes if you are sensitive, having makeup with chemicals around your eyes can cause allergic reactions. Lately I've noticed the circles under my eyes have turned bluish. I have since learned that anemia can be the cause. You may want to visit your doctor, if you've been unusually tired lately and have them test your iron level. In addition, I have been sleep deprived for a long time and that can definitely can cause you to not look your best!

13. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

Nothing can be done about dark circles, not even cosmetic surgery.  However surgery can remove the fat pads which produce eye bags, but the darkness will remain.  Women can though wear light-reflecting makeup to help hide them.  I have very large bags, as a result of years of insomnia, although I have no darkness.  Surgery would be successful, although for as long as the insomnia remains, then they would return even after surgery.

14. MakeUpByObie profile image61
    MakeUpByObieposted 12 years ago

Hi Supriya,
    Try placing cold spoons on your eyes when you first wake up or rub the dark circles as you apply eye cream.

-Amanda

15. Hui (蕙) profile image59
    Hui (蕙)posted 12 years ago

There are some ordinary treatments that people often use at home. They may not work completely, but relieve on some level for sure, if can insist day after day.

--- Put slice fig or cucumber on the eyes
    --- Make tea with pawpaw and mint, cool it down, then put some around eyes before sleep every night
    --- Use rose essential oil to make sweetness of incense in your place, which can release stress and fatigue
    --- Use tea bag, or bags with camomile or rose seeds before sleep at night and after get up in the morning

Nowadays, more and more people tend to surgery to get rid of eye bags or black circles, but I am not suggesting that. Good luck!

16. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 12 years ago

Sometimes dark circles can indicate iron deficiency.  If you say they are getting worse every day, this is not normal and I would have some blood work done.

17. profile image53
    mame8posted 12 years ago

i also have dark circles! it's actually huge.
    what i do is, i put sliced cucumber on my eyes or use can also use ice.
    but there are some skin care products that can help lessen the circles

18. profile image53
    Miriansalposted 12 years ago

I had been losing my confidence due to dark circles around my eyes.But I found a product called Stem Cell Therapy Cream has totally changed my lifestyle.Now my friends want to know to secret of this miracle.
    http://www.zimbio.com/Stem+Cell+Therapy … Cream+Work

19. MissFunkadelic profile image60
    MissFunkadelicposted 12 years ago

I had really dark circles under my eyes.. I only wear make up very VERY rarely so they are always on show, they can get very light sometime but I have no idea why. Used/wet teabags sre good, my sister is a Beautician and she had this tiny tiiny pot of very expense cream specialy for rings under you eyes, I used it everyday for two month and it did nothing, I dont thik you can ever get rid of them fully. Yoyu should try and learn to love them, plus mine make my eyes look bigger weird ya but when i put concealer over them my eyes look tiny. Try and love them and work them! B glad there not scars or something worse!

20. profile image53
    RobertPruitposted 12 years ago

I have dark circles too, even when I get enough sleep -- they're just there. sad Unfortunately, I haven't found any way to get rid of them so I just cover them up with a bit of concealer.

Ageless Male

21. Shalini Kagal profile image53
    Shalini Kagalposted 12 years ago

Apply castor oil every night and wash off in the morning. And get enough sleep!

1. profile image53
      RobertPruitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks dudes for your suggetion.

22. shalycriston profile image38
    shalycristonposted 12 years ago

Relaxing might help confiscate sources of stress and concern that are stopping you from sleeping, eating, and inactive properly. In turn, relaxing sufficient will help your eye skin to improve as you feel less stressed and more at ease. Skin tends to reflect a whole host of emotional and physical ailments, so don't dismiss the need to reduce lightly.

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Black … -Your-Eyes

23. AshtonFirefly profile image68
    AshtonFireflyposted 12 years ago

In theatre, we were always told to apply on olive-ish green makeup color to the dark circles.

Sounds crazy but it works. Somehow the color blends with the skin and dark circles in such a way that it masks them.

that is, however, simply a way to mask them...

24. bernie-k profile image60
    bernie-kposted 12 years ago

Vitami K, licorice and Vitamin C are known for their brightening extracts.  You might want to check out some of the eye creams on the market and there are many.

25. bernie-k profile image60
    bernie-kposted 12 years ago

Vitami K, licorice and Vitamin C are known for their brightening extracts.  You might want to check out some of the eye creams on the market and there are many.

26. profile image57
    Brianna Stuartposted 12 years ago

Cucumbers on your eyes can help. You should try it smile

27. LadyMar profile image60
    LadyMarposted 12 years ago

Dark circles can, unfortunately be in the genes.  Also, certain races are more prone to dark circles like people from India and the Middle East.  It is caused by the pooling of blood in the veins under the eyes and the skin under the eyes is very thin.

As has been commented, getting plenty of sleep, cucumber slices or damp green tea bags on the eyes.

Dermablend makes an excellent concealer to cover the dark circles.

28. profile image56
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

You might explore a sinus problem or allergies. I find actually rubbing my eyes first thing in the morning after a shower makes my skin return to its correct places. Vitamins is another good idea and steaming your face cleans your skin and helps to clear your sinuses.

29. Bldg an Architect profile image61
    Bldg an Architectposted 12 years ago

Keeping your allergies in check is the biggest thing.  I also find that face masks every week or so help.  Garnier has an eye roller that I've started using.  Its too early to tell on me, but I've heard good reviews about it.  I have noticed that it keeps the area moisturized and soft.

30. profile image53
    fashionistakyposted 11 years ago

I have just learned that castor oil rubbed into the dark circles can work. I think I heard it on Dr, Oz's show. Castor oil is on my list to try. Hope it works!

1. Thelma Alberts profile image91
      Thelma Albertsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like to try this castor oil, too. I hope it will helps. But still, a good and a long night sleep will help.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)