It turns out the world is really ending on Oct 21, 2011 instead.

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (55 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

It turns out the guy who made the prediction that our world would be destroyed on May 21 admitted he was wrong on that.  However, he did say that the world would still end this year, but it would be on oct 21 of this year instead, as he claims he just got the dates wrong.  Here's the link if you want to check it out:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110524/ap_ … e_saturday

Anyways, what do you guys think?

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think I'll have to have another party!

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol really?  can I come too?  tongue

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. I guess if I make it to my Birthday, then I am apparently safe. lol lol lol

My Birthday is Oct 22. tongue

1. profile image0

Well if the world does end, that'll be one hell of a birthday present to receive.  Of course with a gift like that, I'd probably send it back. tongue lol

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
          DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That was my dad's birthday, too...evidently two good guys' birthday!  But it can't end then, because it would goof up my Halloween/Birthday party with the "Come As Your Favorite Rock Star" theme.  You're all invited, by the way! smile

2. profile image52
        SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well Mr.Cagsil, I hoped it would be the 27th of October, which is mine.We all know not to listen to ignorant predictions. Have a laugh with me, as I am sure you already are.

1. Cagsil profile image70

I will laugh when this and other dates continue to pass on by. lol

3. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can't I have a dentist appointment:( They will have to reschedule.

4. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He said he was sure about the previous date.  He said he was sure about the date before that and another before that.  I see a pattern, do you?

I also noted that he said he will not return any of the donations made to advertise the end of the world.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
        Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

SirDent, Agreed. It's really time for him ro stop setting dates.

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it is time for charges to be brought against him.  He has recieved money from people under false pretences.  It is the same way a con artist works.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
            Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is there such a difference between him and the book you cherish which also claims the exact same thing? smile

5. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The preacher is nuts, and if people still give him money and believe his nonsense, well, they are nuttier than we all thought and I for one won't feel sorry for their monetary losses the next time.   Talk about asking for trouble, if they support him, that's all they're gonna get- more trouble.

If they were truly Christians, they would recognize their faults and repent.  The preacher man should recognize the error of his ways, and repent for his misdealing and fraudulent activities.  This is what a true Christian man or woman would do.  But as it looks, it appears getting into heaven might not be his number one priority.wink

6. loneparentgiggles profile image60
      loneparentgigglesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well... I'd very much like to know how many times the world can end in two years... Is it possible to end three times? I'll get excited when it happens... till then... whatever!

2. talfonso profile image84
    talfonsoposted 12 years ago

Here we go again - another prediction made about JD although it's only known to God! I'm not buying into that, and I'm a Catholic!

Why not? You buy into the god concept? lol

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't have to be a God thing...it could be a super advanced alien thing...all of it.

2. profile image0

Same here. Plus, it was already stated in the article that the guy was wrong before when he said the world would end back in 1994, so I don't even think he really knows. To be honest, I think when the world does come to an end, it won't be predicted by humanity if you ask me.

1. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

{underlining mine}

No offense, Stevennix2001, but I think the portion of your comment that I underlined is hilarious.  Was there ever even the tiniest glimmer of a possibility that Camping actually did or does know?

The guy is not a Bible scholar, even though he calls himself that.  He's an engineer and a numerologist, and he has the gall to claim that he alone knows more than any other Christian, Bible scholar, person of any faith, or even Jesus himself knows.  It would be reassuring to believe that he is suffering from dementia, but that can't explain it all, because there have been others (non-demented) throughout the millenia who have claimed to be able to name the day and hour of The End.

But, just for clarification, even though Camping is absolutely wrong and has been all along, he actually has said all along that October 21st is The End.  Supposedly, according to his beliefs, May 21 was supposed to be the Rapture, and then there would be months of awfulness, then on October 21 the world would actually end.

The part that I thought and think was the funniest was that some of his staff members had put events on the company calendar for Thanksgiving and Christmas 2011.  What does that say about their beliefs?

1. Aficionada profile image79
          Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, let me correct myself now...

I saw an article that states that Camping actually is saying now that on October 21 both the Rapture and The End will happen at the same time. So, yes, he was wrong before; yes, he is wrong again; yes, he said before that October 21 would be The End.  And now, yes, he is also saying that the Rapture will take place then.

Let's hope that the people who gave him money for billboards before will not give him any more money but instead will just let him recycle the ones they used last week!

2. profile image0

To be honest, I don't even think he's really religious, as I think he's just another guy that sees this as an opportunity to swindle people so to me, he's nothing more than a con man who takes advantage of other's beliefs. 

I do apologize for not answering your post before, as I didn't even notice it until now. Sorry about that, but you do raise a very interesting analogy though, as well as everyone else here.

3. TLMinut profile image61
    TLMinutposted 12 years ago

I was always happy with the Mayan December date, can't we just stick to that one?

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Why not?  They keep making money on movie sequels, and this guy got more than a few bucks off the first prediction.  Do it again, more money!  The only real question is how many "sequels" he can put out and still make anything off it. 

There's a sucker born every minute...

5. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

Media have to have something to talk about, don't they?

6. profile image52
    SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 12 years ago

Cagsil, the dates will pass on by , because no one knows when.But you still should make preparations in your heart.

Make preparations in my heart? Last time I checked, my heart was pretty well prepared, for almost anything. But, I don't expect you to understand and that's okay. lol

7. profile image52
    SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 12 years ago

Then Mr. Cagsil, Christ will say, I know you not.

So YOU think. Not necessarily or even actually true. lol

8. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Does anyone know if the law is going to make Camper return all his follower's assets and money? smile

9. SueShepard profile image60
    SueShepardposted 12 years ago

This stuff just plain scares me!

10. earnestshub profile image81

I just watched the video kindly provided here, and he seemed able to just brush it aside.

It seems he expects his flock will follow along to the next date, and the next.... until he dies himself, by which time he will have spent all their money.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

thats bad when you keep trying to go out, and God will not take you..!

yikes.....  smile

11. earnestshub profile image81

Camper and all the other holy rollers should be jailed, their ill gotten assets seized, and that money spent on teaching people about religious indoctrination and where it can lead.

12. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

How many more pieces of paper in his hat does he have left to pick from?

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He could have quite a few! smile

He seemed totally unperturbed and unrepentant, he just changed the meaning of what he said as all religionists do when cornered. smile

1. Beth100 profile image70
        Beth100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

He needs the Sorting Hat!  At least that hat tells the truth according to Hollywood!  lol

Hey Earnest!  How are you?!?  It's been much too long since I've seen you!!!  smile

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile G'Day Beth! Nice to see you. smile I'm extremely well, thank you for asking... hoping you are as well. smile

1. Beth100 profile image70
            Beth100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile  I'm still alive!!  lol  lol  What more could I ask for?  smile

Have a wonderful day Earnest!  smile

13. mouthofthesouth79 profile image53
    mouthofthesouth79posted 12 years ago

I think people are right to say The End is Coming, its been said for years and years now people mock those who believe the End is Coming because someone thinks they cracked a code in the bible. Even though May 21st passed by like any other day doesnt make them wrong or right. Somewhere along the many many years of life, the actual knowledge of dates and times vanished, and now we look at today as May 24th 2011, but why is that,because thats what "they say" it is, time zones, months, days, daylight savings time, leap years.. It was the same day everywhere when they earth began and it will be the same day everywhere when the world ends. How can you figure the date of the end of the world when honestly no one really even knows what time or date it is today. Its only May 24 because thats what's on the calendar and thats what we are told, just like everything you learned in school. Its what we believe because its all we know. God isnt gonna end anything on our time, its gonna be on his time. I think time itself is gone, lost in the shuffle of what we have done to Gods earth.

14. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

Well i guess even camper himself does not learn well.

If i name a day for the end of the world and people start giving things away, I could be in trouble except for the fact that i did not tell them to give stuff away. I just named the date and they did what they thought was okay to do. Since the marvels of God encompass many such supernatural and miraculous events the area of predictions is to their avail even though it should not be, unless absolutely genuine. So being as a 'christian' said...doesn't make him responsible for how people react or what they do with their stuff.

Sure i suppose i instigated it, but by not telling people to give stuff away the law is completely helpless to prosecute me.

Did they give stuff to me? Did they give stuff to others? Whose to say.

I think this new banter of 'jailing them all' really needs a bit more insight that just yelling foul, of course that is the aim of atheists, to make unaccountable people countable even when it doesn't apply to them, but only where religion is concerned, those who cheat on taxes get a hurrah. Its just self satisfying hate speech with little grounds for credence, once again.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would disagree with you. I don't see it as hate speech, or the same as cheating on your taxes.

Although people are free to give their money away if they choose, Camping and any preacher like him that benefits financially (which he did), should be treated the same as any other scheister that bilks innocent people out of money with a scam.

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

in order to disagree, i have to be wrong lol.
        i said the banter of 'jailing them all'.

this episode does not entail 'them all'. Perhaps campers did con people and perhaps he should be accountable, i do not know. I merely put forth an example of how the process would look at making him accountable. If he clearly did not act in such a way as to bilk people then he is not accountable. I cannot judge that.

Is this situation like the stock market manager who says, "put your money on such and such a company", and the company goes bankrupt. Did the guy bilk his clients? or were his facts just wrong?
        I don't see where 'jailing all stock market managers' is not hate speech.

1. profile image0
          Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I apologize. I thought your statement was in response to a comment made previously in the thread.

But your explanation brings up some interesting questions. Do I have your permission to quote you? It's a fascinating analogy.

You see  donating to those with end time prophecies no different than playing the market? If this is how Christians perceive it, on some levels you would be correct.

But even the  stock market is regulated. With no heavenly SEC to protect the investor; can we agree to label these hooligans Micro Cap stocks? And the organizations that push their interpretations as the organized crime syndicate making the profit?

The investors apparently need some help with perspective in this matter.

1. profile image0
            brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Had i a pastor who claimed such a ridiculous statement as this guy. I would walk out and completely sever all ties. this is why it is important to know the word of God, so we are not easily deceived.

15. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

If this fellow is saying that the world will end, he is wayyyyyyyy off the track.

The scriptural pattern is:
    The great tribulation
    Jesus returns
    Millennial kingdom

Again, as i was last time, I will not be swayed by this false prophet. He is off by at least 1,000 yrs.

16. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

I guess nobody's told Romney this news. I hear he's fundraising up a storm -- for the 2012 election that obviously will not be happening. sad

17. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...darn!...i'm planning to be in death valley dec 21 2012.....it'll be a blast....i'm staying in Furnace for the night....a few other Canucks are gathering there with me too!

18. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

He wants the world to end before the world series is over. God must be a Mets fan.

19. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

o my gosh o my gosh what to do ahhhhh ahhhh O ya kick this dementia riddled old bastard in the head lol. The one one who knows when the world will end is god! If good was a mets fan they wouldnt be in financial trouble and having a fire sale. I see your mets shirt on Mr janco lmao!!!!

1. Jonathan Janco profile image60
      Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Look again, opt. That is a Yankee shirt. And those who serve God usually take a vow of poverty. So maybe God is actually an MLS fan.

20. earnestshub profile image81

You have plenty of time apparently, brothery knows when it will happen 1.000 years in advance, and brothery knows everything about religion, although he's not religious! lol

I guess he is not too concerned if he gets it wrong. lol

21. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

That is silly. No one knows what time, day or hour. It is just another ploy to cause stress among the masses. If it does, it does and if it doesn't that is ok to. I am just going to keep on living. smile

22. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

Oh I'm so glad the end will be in October, becasue I will save so much money, not having to buy all those Christmas presents.

23. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

In Pattaya Thailand they have these taxi's called 'Baht Buses' and I was astonished when I saw proper advertisements for that May 21st thing posted on them.
    To think he must of been spreading that BS around the world to con people from their money.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)