DIGG

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (50 posts)
  1. thejeffriestube profile image60
    thejeffriestubeposted 12 years ago

Is anyone a member of Digg? I'm interested to do a little testing, but it helps to have others in your network. If you're up for it, my name over there is "Thejeffriestube Hubpages". Not sure if we have any kind of informal hubpages group, but would like to start one.

2. prasetio30 profile image70
    prasetio30posted 12 years ago

I am a member of Digg. My digg name is : prasetio30 with number of follower more than one thousand. I believe this site help us to promote our hub.

3. KevinC9998 profile image74
    KevinC9998posted 12 years ago

I recently joined Digg but am not sure how it works. My account is KevinC9998  I would like to find out more about it. Thanks

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Westmantoddshaw on digg.  I always submit things there first - because the hubs get indexed really quickly there, but I don't hang out there much.  If you form a group there - I'll join and try to check the site out more.

5. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

I've never heard of it. Does it help our hubs get more traffic, though? We can submit them there? Is it difficult to do?

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, if you click your share button at the bottom of your hub you will see the DIGG button there. You can post your link and get traffic from there. I personally prefer StumbleUpon, I get more traffic from there.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You CAN get digg traffic - but what I use it for is to get my hubs, etc - indexed by Google.  Google's "web spiders" CRAWL digg every hour to index new web pages.  Once something is indexed it can then show up in SERPS. . . .which are search engine results pages.

6. thejeffriestube profile image60

Awesome, I'm trying to find all of you but Digg is being difficult.

7. thejeffriestube profile image60

Ok, it was way easier to search for your all of your hubs over there and I got you all.

8. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Hi, my user name is carolee4ujm.

1. lisabeaman profile image68
      lisabeamanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm still pretty new on it... my username is lisadbeaman.

9. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Can you actually search by user, as I can't find any of you? I am HouseSun by the way!

10. thejeffriestube profile image60

It's actually much easier to find if you look for a person's Hub they've submitted. Note to all, go ahead and submit your latest hub and we can search that way. The extra SEO won't hurt, right?

11. CMHypno profile image82

Found most of you via your hubs, but couldn't find Cardisa or Kevin?

12. thejeffriestube profile image60

For Cardisa, search for this title:
    Top Ten Ways to Annoy Your Neighbor

1. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks thejeffriestube - have found and followed!

13. thejeffriestube profile image60

Oh, or you can find me and click on my followers, I got everyone now.

14. seanorjohn profile image72
    seanorjohnposted 12 years ago

I just joined digg. Hope I can figure out how to properly use it.

15. thejeffriestube profile image60

I think Digg has good use for our purpose, and anyone who wants to join in should.

16. KevinC9998 profile image74

I do not see teh ShareButton that Cardisa is talking about? I see that The JeffriesTube is following me and I am now folloiwng back. So what exactly do we do? Read each others hubs and then "Digg" them?

17. CMHypno profile image82

Best way to find you all is to go to thejefferiestube's page and look at who he is following!

18. thejeffriestube profile image60

Kevin, the share button is at the bottom of your own hubs, toward the center. And yes, for starters, if you like a hub you see of someone, sure, comment and digg it. I'm sure some of the more senioe members here can give us some advice too.

19. KevinC9998 profile image74

CMHyno: That was an excellent suggestion. I am now follwoing most if not all of you. Would appreciate some constructive criticism on my hubs (and some clicks) - ok, ok, it was a shameless plug for ad clicks!!   Hopefully Digg will send some traffic our way.

20. Danette Watt profile image81
    Danette Wattposted 12 years ago

well, I thought we could not duplicate our hubs. Or is this something different? do we just start an account on Digg or StumbledUpon and then link back to our hubs? I thought there was some sort of restriction on that.

Would appreciate some clarification because I could use some backlinks - thanks!

1. GrowingDeeper profile image60
      GrowingDeeperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

you own all your Hub material. The only limits on you are imposed by other sites. Some do not allow backlinks, but the sites we are discussing all are for this purpose. For instance ezinearticles you cannot link in your article but you can in your signature

21. thejeffriestube profile image60

You're not re-writing your hubs on either of them, simply placing a link to them for others (and search engines) to see.

22. GrowingDeeper profile image60
    GrowingDeeperposted 12 years ago

Digg me (lol). Growingdeeper on Digg. Just submitted my firt Hub over there, forgot I had signed up

23. Nickalooch profile image60
    Nickaloochposted 12 years ago

im on Digg.com to. Danette im pretty sure a site like Digg is fine. it just boosts your SEO and you may get some extra traffic from it but most likely you wont get traffic directly from it

if you want to follow me on Digg, my username on there is Nickalooch. Another site that is like Digg that helps even more with getting traffic is Redgage and Reddit.com. Both provide your hubs with backlinks.

24. GrowingDeeper profile image60
    GrowingDeeperposted 12 years ago

also, hit the digg button on each others articles as I believe it will help with page rank

id love for you guys to come over to redgage. you can go to mu profile and use me as a referral. good thing about redgage is you can make some change there too.

25. thejeffriestube profile image60

Yeah, I just started checking them out. Might just do that.

26. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

Okay, I just joined Digg! I'm going to try to "share" some hubs! Thanks for the info.

27. thejeffriestube profile image60

What he said.............lol

So if anyone else wants to jump in on these other sites, feel free.

1. Nickalooch profile image60
      Nickaloochposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Redgage is really helpful to. you guys can follow me there to if you want. ill follow you if you have an account on there. i believe more followers equals more views and so on.

same name nick?

more followers mean more exposure and the possibility of more views

28. thejeffriestube profile image60

Following you on Redgage Nick.

29. lisabeaman profile image68
    lisabeamanposted 12 years ago

I think this is a great idea! Thanks for following me on Digg and I just send you a friend request on RedGage. I was feeling a little alone out there... it's good to have friends! (I'm lisabeaman on RedGage)

30. thejeffriestube profile image60

Got ya and also sent you a message on HP.

31. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 12 years ago

I thought that if you promoted your own work on Digg, you would get banned - it's against their TOS.  Has that changed?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've hardly ever promoted anything BUT my own work on digg.

32. thejeffriestube profile image60

I just read it, didn't see anything prohibiting it.

http://about.digg.com/terms-use

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're right, it looks like that provision has disappeared.  People used to get banned for self-promotion on Digg all the time.  Sounds like they've given up on that idea!

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think its like all the social bookmarking sites though Marisa - its a bit crass if you only promote your own stuff. Although we all do add our own links, I think that users should be sharing other stuff as that is what makes it interesting

33. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 12 years ago

Hi Jeff! ... A couple of years back I used to dig Digg. That's because some of my sites used to get indexed within just a few hours. I got several Google page ones that way but of course things gradually changed.

I did not explore the idea of generating a list of followers though. Of course my sites that hit page one did not stay long either.

However recently when doing a Google search, I stumbled upon one of my sites. This makes me want to explore dig once more!

Good luck to you and happy digging! smile

34. Glen619 profile image60
    Glen619posted 12 years ago

You can find me on Digg with the Username Ryall456 happy to come across this thread

35. profile image0
    erikjohnsonposted 12 years ago

DIGG has lost a lot of its power.  The Google Panda update really lowered its effectiveness for SEO.  But it is a signal you still want to account for.  It only takes a few seconds to DIGG a web page.  SO why not use it.  May help with traffic if it is something people are really interested in.

36. daybreak profile image80
    daybreakposted 12 years ago

This is turning into a good thread. I am albemarle24 on digg and will try to find as many hubbers from this thread as possible.

Note: a few usernames are not found. Make sure you include your username correctly!

37. thejeffriestube profile image60

Day, best way to search easily for people is by hub title. If you can find me, I have most of everyone on this thread.

1. daybreak profile image80
      daybreakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks

I finally figured out that the digg user search doesn't work!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)