Mormons Insult everyone that is not a Mormon.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image52
    passingthewordposted 12 years ago

Mormons always say that they are attacked by everyone. well what do you expect when you believe and preach that everyone is beneath you?

(Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith 2:16-19, 1977) 19. I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.” (Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith 2:16-19, 1977)

According to Joseph Smith and their mormon god, everyone that is not apart of the LDs church is an abomination to god.

a·bom·i·na·tion
       /əˌbɒməˈneɪʃən/ Show Spelled[uh-bom-uh-ney-shuhn] Show IPA
    noun
    anything abominable;  anything greatly disliked or abhorred.
    intense aversion or loathing; detestation: He regarded lying with abomination.
    a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc.: Spitting in public is an abomination.

This is what the LDS thinks of everyone.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image76
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is ok...The bible says to kill anyone who tries to turn you from your faith in God. I'll take being disliked over being killed any day of the week.

I have two really good friends who are Mormons. Never had a problem with them at all.

1. profile image52
        passingthewordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

can you share that scripture?
        The mormons should believe the samething. they say they believe in the bible.
        When i left the mormon church everyone turned their backs on me. people i grew up with will not talk to me. Just because i no longer believed in the LDS church. this is even before i started to speak out about all of this.
        I do this over the internet so i wouldn't  get in any aruments or even fights. this is the safest way to share.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image76
          DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Read Deuteronomy Chapter 13.

1. profile image52

Your friends should believe in the something, you should ask them and see what they say. I'd like to know what they would say. I think I Know. everyone uses that scripture. You need to read the whole story of Moses and the exodus to see why he said to do this. God was tring to get rid of the people that were sacraficing babies, killing them and tring to turn the Isrealites away from Him (God) to worship fake God's. 
            This all ended after Jesus. it's a long story.
            But anyway your friends will probably lie to you. I was told to lie. They said it is not ling it is more like turning the conversation to our favor. yes please ask you friend and see what they say.

2. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not the Mormons I know? Like most people, just because there are some that do does not necessarily mean all do.

1. profile image52

It is a apart of their doctrine it is what they believe. Just ask them about this. Everyone except mormons are an abomination to God. I bet they will dance around the question.

2. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

"intense aversion or loathing"
    is that not something we might all be guilty of at times ?

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Why don't you worry about your own soul instead of trying to show someone else's religion is inferior to your own?

1. profile image52

as a past LDS member i was told to lie about what we believe, about our deep doctrine that we tried to sweep under the carpet. We lied when our doctrine sounded crazy. we lied and we were told to by bishops, elders and teachers of the church to do so.
      We were sat down before our missions and we were programed. If someone says this you say this, If someone says that you say that. Lie after Lie after lie. it is time to expose the truth. If you don't like don't click on this page.

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Uninvited Writer.  I will add that every post you have made since joining has been a complaint against the LDS.  Why not write a few hubs about it.  Of course I also noticed you plugged a site in one of your posts on this thread.  Not cool.

1. profile image52

I have a stage to share the truth about a cult and i will continue to share It. It  is my passion to expose the LDS church and that is what iam doing here. Sirdent i am not sure what your back round is but if you see a person ling to get over on a person ,would you not share the scam. I think you would. that is what i am doing I am exposing the scams of the LDS church. This is why i am here and that is what i am going to continue to do. .

4. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Most religions think everyone from every other religion (and anyone from no religion ) is "beneath them" in terms of "rightness" and/or "righteousness".  That's OK.  Let them.  Who gives a "rat's" what anyone else thinks?????    smile

1. profile image52

you are right " who cares what people think." but should not the truth about what they are getting into. As a former missinary of the mormon church we suckered people into the church. we say were believe in the bible, but we really don't. we say great thing to get you in the door that is the half truth.
      people should not be getting trick into this.

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Hi passing the word. I get the impression there's an interesting back story for this seemingly intolerable hatred of Mormons. You should write a hub. Tell your story. smile

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

1.  I'm not a Mormon

2.  I've never met someone that didn't insult someone somewhere at some time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)