Hub Views Exploding off the Charts!

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (58 posts)
  1. ecoggins profile image92
    ecogginsposted 12 years ago

Wow...I think I like the new personalized hubpages. My daily views hub views are beginning to jump off the charts. I am less than one week away from a new traffic milestone of 200,000 views. Two thumbs way up for Hub page organizationers and there site management savvy.

1. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats. I am sharing a similar experience. My page views have gone from 800 a day to 4,000 daily. 3 weeks now and fingers crossed.
      Pre-Panda my page views averaged about 1,500 a day so this is outstanding for me.

ecogginsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow Dorsi, that sounds great. I hope I hit 4000 per day sometime in the future. It has been an impressive turn of events. My pre-Panda averaged about 400 to 500. Now I am averaging between 800 to 900.

2. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

My views are going up too.  Today they seem extra awesome, and I'm hoping they're going to stay that way.  (Fingers crossed... where's a rabbit's foot???)

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

.. on the end of its leg.

1. Aficionada profile image80
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

!!!!!!  lol  lol  !!!!!

Hey, Ewbie, I wanted to send you a message about a previous forum conversation, but I didn't see a contact link on your profile.  Is there another way I could contact you?  (Your blog or something?)  If not, would you send me a PM and I could respond to that?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
          Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm on Facebook.

Problem with HP is that I signed up with an email that I don't want to make public, and they don't allow a choice of emails.

Staying incognito is tricky.

1. Aficionada profile image80
            Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks - I'll find you there!

Actually, I changed the e-mail that I use here on HP for that very reason.  The one that I started with revealed more info than I wanted to share with strangers, so I created another e-mail account and switched to it.  It takes a little bit of time to do, but for me it was well worth it.  That way, I get to decide when, where, and whether to dole out any personal info.

I do think, though, that your profile picture helps with the incognito bit.  lol !

2. ecoggins profile image92

Aficionada, I am glad you are having the same experience and hope it continues for you too.

3. jcmayer777 profile image65
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

Have you guys been through the surge and plunge, and are now surging again?  Or is this your first surge in views?  Just curious.  I was doing great, my hubs took off, but about 4-5 days ago, they all tanked.

I hope you all stay way up there and get tons of views!!

I guess mine surged about four weeks ago, dropped off a couple weeks ago and have been rising again the past two weeks. For two weeks now I've been consistently in the mid 800s which is high for me.

4. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

I haven't tanked yet, and I'm holding my breath.

On the other hand, when I check with Google Analytics, there are some days there when my numbers are much lower than they have appeared here (in my HP stats).  I didn't keep track of them here on a daily basis, so I don't know whether I was getting traffic from other sources on those days - or maybe I just have selective memory.

Thanks for your good wishes, jcm777!

5. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Tanking is not a nice experience. I've been there (twice) and am still in it. In fact, just today I saw another of my best performing hubs spiral downwards, and I don't know why.

I actually published a new hub yesterday.

I knew when I wrote it, that Google wouldn't send me traffic, because they are punishing me for something, I do not know what.

I have another username I could have published under that is not yet Google-slapped.

I chose to publish under this name, and  I chose wrongly, it seems.

I am pretty sure it takes more than one day to get picked up by google. In my expereince, the first couple days traffic comes from fellow hubbers. Actually, my articles don't normally take off completely until six to nine months after I wrote it. I find that kind of weird, but that's the pattern for me.

1. Dorsi profile image87

Usually my hubs take a few days to get picked up by Google. Lately though, in the last couple weeks, I have noticed I am getting Google traffic the same day I publish so that's been great.

2. CennyWenny profile image71
      CennyWennyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Izzy-I'm still in the slapped phase. Traffic rose to its highest point at the end of August and tanked to less than 100 views a day on the 29th, no recovery whatsoever. I try to stay away because it feels like beating one's head against a brick wall but ironically this makes me come back and ask myself the same questions. Isn't the definition of crazy doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? Guess I've lost my mind and my traffic:)

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear you are in the same sinking boat as myself.
        By the definition you mention, I have definitely lost it lol
        I need a new username - MadIzzy!

1. Karen N profile image69
          Karen Nposted 12 years agoin reply to this

MadIzzy, I like it! smile

1. IzzyM profile image85

Actually, I quite like it too - sounds like a niche for mad stuff which might be fun! (even if no-one outside of HP reads it)

6. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

My views have been way, way up lately. The past two weeks have been extremely great. But this past weekend, they exploded!!! Very happy about that.
    I know part of it is the season, but...views are so much better than I would have expected.

7. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

I am soooooooo jealous.  My only traffic is from another search engine.  I am very, very sad.

I am sad to hear that too. But,I hope you will take heart and hang in there because as you can see from the posts so far the traffic will come in due time.

8. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 12 years ago

My views are consistently going up as I work on adding more summaries but I am far from Dorsi's level of 4,000 a day.  Maybe someday!  smile

1. Dorsi profile image87

I am feeling like a total dote. I was ignoring that A next to my hubs and just read about summaries. DUHHHH>>>>>>
      So this means my traffic has surged with NO summaries.Interesting. I wonder what will happen when I add them?

9. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

After the subdomains switch, my traffic had a brief drop, then a boost, then a super boost, then a massive crash, then another super boost!  I don't know if I am coming or going!

I am writing a couple of affiliate hubs, but am slighly paranoid as my massive crash came after the last time I posted an affiliate hub.  Coincidence?  We'll see, I guess!

I am concerned about the plight of some of the people who's traffic is in the doldrums.  I hope HubPages can work out the reasons and give some advice or help in some way.  Right now, nobody really knows what's going on!

Someone mentioned traffic being seasonal. I think that might be what's happening in my case. I do a lot of academic writing so my hubs can be used as references for high school or even undergraduate papers. School just started in many places, so that could the reason I am seeing a boost in those types of hubs and not others.

10. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

My traffic is also on the way back up....

That is great to hear; I hope it continues.

11. b4murray profile image82
    b4murrayposted 12 years ago

hmmmmm....

Strange my traffic is non-existent sad

I am sorry to hear that, I hope it picks up soon for you.

12. cristina327 profile image78
    cristina327posted 12 years ago

My traffic views is also up but Google Adsense earnings is still down.

Yeah, my adsense earnings are down too, but my hubpages earnings are up. So I guess that's the trade off.

13. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

My traffic surged by 300% two weeks ago and stayed up for a few days, but took a nosedive on Thursday.  It has stabilized since Monday at post subdomain change which doubled my pre-subdomain traffic.

14. Kangaroo_Jase profile image76
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

The consensus I am getting as feedback from Hubbers stating this in the forums is about 3 types of activity of traffic to Hubs so far.

1. Some are getting massive traffic rises, then plunging a few days to a couple of weeks later. Usually dropping to almost pre-Panda levels.

2. Some are getting an upswing in traffic, large increases then going steady at that rate daily, with no tapering or drop-off.

3. For those of you getting this activity I feel for ya its a pissy feeling to swallow and that is those whose traffic is just plunging and not getting back up and staying hard on the down.

I myself have seen a rise in my own traffic (I was receiving less than half my usual traffic during the Panda sandbox) to about 75% of Pre-Panda levels and it is incrementing up daily since about the 13th of August. It seems to be petering out about level these last few days, yet I have added 3 hubs, so it rise a little further with new traffic on the new hubs.

1. IzzyM profile image85

I have new hubs that I am almost frightened to publish. Everything I write is getting stolen by scraper sites and they are able to rank while mine doesn't.

Huh...that is a perplexing problem and obviously very maddening. I have had a number of articles and or titles from other sites jacked and the content replaced with offensive material. I wrote the sites without resolution. So far to my knowledge I have not had any hubs jacked.

15. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

It feels like some experiment is going on..either by google or Hp.
    "let's see how people react to others good fortune.."
    I'm feeling left out and just don't know what else to do at this point as my traffic continues it's nosedive...wink

1. IzzyM profile image85

I know the feeling. I have just completed a hub that took me hours and hours to research and write, and I am hesitant to press the publish button knowing it will get stolen and there is nothing I can do about it.

Not only that, I don't expect Google to send me any traffic either. They haven't sent any at all to my newest 60 hubs for over a week.

In fact, I think I only have about 3 hubs in total actually getting any Google traffic.

1. bgamall profile image68
        bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Panda has made it impossible for Google to accurately rank original content.

16. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 12 years ago

I have one hub copied in its entirety currently sat on google knol. How's that for irony re the possibility that google doesn't like dupe content.

Spend time boosting your own sites, whilst the whole 'will it/won't it' work is going on. At least that way you're learning new skills, and as and when HP comes through the wash, you'll be a better online marketer and/or writer all round smile

1. IzzyM profile image85

This is a good idea. There is no point in worrying about my HP account just now because there is nothing I can do except spend all day tweaking, but that's a bit daft when I don't know what is wrong.

I have just filled out a single DMCA file to Google - had to report 35 sites! All Chinese - I'd already managed to get a load of them removed. I think the thief is backlinking his stolen content! (with duplicate content, of course)

If Google was doing it's job, those sites would not rank above mine. Let'e see if they stay in the search engine after this!

17. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I just logged in to see MY stats triple! I guess it's my turn for some traffic...wink

1. IzzyM profile image85

Oh wow! Congrats!

Me next! me next! OK not happening, but still...

1. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep same here - yesterday was my lowest since March 2010 - today I've up over 100% back to levels just before the surge in August - I guess I've un-plunged!!!

All my hubs that disappeared off the front page of Google are back up there - funny game this Google thing!!!

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
          Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats, Stacie and Simey!   Mine is still holding at 150% increase, according to Analytics.  I'm a happy puppy, considering it is Friday. 

Have a nice weekend everyone!

2. Dorsi profile image87

Oh good Stacie!! I'm SO glad to hear that!!

3. ecoggins profile image92

Fantastic Stacy! I hope the trend continues for you .

4. shabarigirish profile image60
      shabarigirishposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Stacie.. hope mine too picks up soon. There was a surge in my traffic end August hope that comes again.

18. jcmayer777 profile image65
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

About 3 days ago, I noticed a red arrow on one of my articles.  Then a second article got one and then yesterday, about 1/3 of my hubs had arrows.  Today, about 2/3 and my views are coming back near where they were before panda and before I took the plunge.

I'm hoping it stays that way and that those that haven't taken the plunge never do!

1. profile image0
      Multimanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am now today experiencing the red arrow phenomena, but it has happened twice before and plunged again so who knows.

2. ecoggins profile image92

JCmayer777, thank you for joining the conversation. I love seeing the red arrows, epsecially the double reds. I hope your traffic stays up, too.

19. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I'm not, but I'm not too worried, in fact I am quite excited about something quite different. I have to read the email again, but there has been changes made to my AmazonUK affiliate, and it seems it is now AmazonEU. Even better, Amazon.es seems to have gone live, at last!

1. WriteAngled profile image75
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, is there a real change? I started reading the differences and couldn't see any.

1. IzzyM profile image85

I've no idea so far, but hey up till now I had a choice of Amazon UK that won't ship many things to Spain (to buy I mean) or Amazon in a foreign language that I don't speak which means I could easily order the wrong thing. Amazon Spain, ya dancer!
        I think there must be some point to their change, whatever it is exactly I have still to work out - have you looked at the user agreement - if that were printed out it must be at least a dozen pages!
        But it was never Amazon EU before (and the primary language is to be English - great!)

1. WriteAngled profile image75
          WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I followed the link to where the changes are listed.

Tend to have a blindness when anything is written in legalese.

Since I've not earned a penny from Amazon UK over several months of trying, I guess I won't be affected either way

20. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 12 years ago

My traffic has been great for weeks now.  Not sure if it really plunged before that, because I wasn't really on here that much.  Took a break for a little bit.  Normal traffic was around 500-600 views, and now it's over 1,500. Got a slight weekend dip down to 1,300 this weekend, but nothing too concerning.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this continues.  Gonna keep writing, and keep plugging along.  So far, so good.

21. profile image0
    summertime8posted 12 years ago

I'm so happy for everyone that is doing well!!

22. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I'm so happy that everyone read all of this thread before commenting!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)