God takes care of you always really?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (83 posts)
  1. Leaderofmany profile image59
    Leaderofmanyposted 12 years ago

Okay, if God does not give you more than you can handle, why is my plate overflowing?

1. mhaydock profile image65
      mhaydockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Of course it feels that way if you try to handle it alone. The point is if you try to stand on your own strength to weather life's storms, they're going to knock you down. You were not created to do it on your own. When you turn to God for help, you'll never have more than you can handle because God is handling for you. Doesn't mean he'll take them away or fix them but he won't let you walk alone. You've got to trust him to work it out.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What about the starving who turn to God for help and get nothing but starvation?

1. lizzieBoo profile image59
          lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some people are surrounded by good health and wealth and beauty, but are miserable. What's that all about?

Like who, for example?

Like the tons of celebrities we see falling apart on a daily basis.

lol They look pretty happy to me rolling around in their dough and doing whatever they want.

I heard simon cowel talking on the radio a few years ago. He was talking about how much money he had, how he could choose what women he wanted or where to live in the world, but that he was miserable. He couldn't explain why. For me, it was a wonderful Scrooge moment.

The reason seems to be that Simon was glum because his fiance doesn't like the fact he surrounds himself with a harem of women on his bling-laden 200,000 Pound per week super yacht. lol

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 … -22831446/

2. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Obviously you are equipped to handle whatever. You might not know that yet or it might not appear or feel that way for the moment but as you get through your plate you might be pleasantly surprised when the plate is empty.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

god didn't give you anything. you bit off more then you can chew. to say god did it would be to assume that god is real. not a chance.

4. DeadChurchRising profile image61
      DeadChurchRisingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A couple of things here...

1.  If things are really that crazy, I'd encourage you to take a moment and as God for his strength to help you get through. 

I've spent the last 7 years as a pastor and have met people who have gone through some extremely difficult times; people who've been paralyzed, lost spouses, been abused, etc...and they've come through...not because of how strong or resilient they are but because they asked God to help walk them through it. 

2.  God sometimes allows challenging times to help us remember to rely on him.  He did this over and over to the people of Israel.  They'd go off doing their own thing and God would allow something difficult and sometimes terrible happen to bring them back to him.

3.  I'd encourage you to read James chapters 1 and 2...great text that talks to us about how to handle difficult times.

I hope by the time you read this (if in fact you do) that things have smoothed out.

So, when people pray for food and God does not answer and those people die of starvation, is that because he is "challenging" them so they remember to rely on Him?

How does that work?

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I don't know what you're going through and whatever it is, any comment may be seen as belittling your pain and suffering. But, I've had several times in my life where it appeared the world was crashing in. Problem on top of tragedy from every angle.

But, I've always believed there's a silver lining and a light at the end of every tunnel. That there is a lesson to be learned from everything. Sometimes it just takes time to gain perspective.

I used to know a girl that believed in reincarnation. Old souls encountered more troubles because the lessons that needed to be learned were more complcated. I don't know if I agree, or not, but I do believe that those of us who have stared the dark side of fate in the eye and survived were first deemed strong enough to endure the journey.

3. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 12 years ago

Go over to Stan Fletchers pages and read his latest hub, "What I'm Learning About Waiting on God" that should help.

I know, unreservedly promotional, but hey, it's not for my hubs and Stan just posted a wonderful piece of work!

John

1. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree. One of the best pieces I've read in years.

4. mhaydock profile image65
    mhaydockposted 12 years ago

There is a common misunderstanding about the nature of God as someone who is only available to dole out stuff. A handout whenever you ask. God's purpose isn't to give you everything you want. Sometimes what we need isn't the same as what we think we need. God sees past, present and future and knows what we need, when we need it, and why we need or don't need it. True, a starving man needs food. But that's only a physical need, though I in no way wish to downplay or simplify the plight of the starving. Frankly, I've been without a job for over two years. My family is struggling. I'm a faithful Christian and I pray and fast and do whatever God calls me to do. But still I am jobless. And I need a job. But clearly, God knows that it's not the time for that right now so my only choice is to trust him and let him work it out in his time, not mine. A popular Gospel song goes "You can't hurry God, you just have to wait. Trust and give him time, no matter how long it takes. He's a God, you can't hurry, but you don't have to worry. He may not come when you want Him but He's right on time, right on time."
    Now, as to your direct question which brings in to question why would a good God allow people to suffer, which I believe another forum topic is covering, that's another topic and a question believers and non-believers have always grappled with. This is a fallen world. And in a fallen world, bad things happen to innocent people. Even to faithful believers. I'm afraid that I can't give you the kind of answer that would satisfy you because it always seems to come around to the same conclusion for non-believers and it can put people off from the true nature of God. I'll say this though, God's desire is that none should suffer, but that all should come to a saving knowledge of Christ. In the course of human existence, there will be suffering of all type. It is as I said, a tragic consequence of the nature of a fallen world that there will be sickness, starvation, dying, violence, inhumanity against humanity and all nature of sin and degradation. This isn't God plan or purpose for the world. But in the course of satan's reign on earth as the prince of darkness and air, he wreaks havoc on mankind and mankind in his own ignorance and reluctance to accept the gift of salvation Christ offers puts himself on a crash course with the reality of living for himself. With that being said, again, even Christians will suffer. But in that suffering, we have the hope that this earth is a temporary home and that our eternal home is with God whether we get there by dying first or when Christ returns to claim the world back from sin. satan may "rule"  the earth, but God is in control of it. And there are times that God chooses to send people in to the depths of chaos where people are sick, starving, dying, or persecuted to rescue them and provide relief not only for their physical suffering, but from their spiritual suffering as well. Christ said that in this world we would have troubles but to take heart for He came to overcome them for us. Faith allows God to take charge of our situation and be in the driver's seat to take us where He wants us to go. Faith is also and invitation to allow God to do this. God never forces Himself on us. He waits for us to ask. He won't drive a parked car. We don't always give our children everything they want, because we know better than they do sometimes. But we can't live for them. They have to ask for help. Allowing God to work it out isn't so God gives us a hand OUT to fix our situation. It's a hand UP to give us strength to endure for a higher purpose that may be much more far-reaching than supplying a temporal need such as providing just a meal may provide. It may in fact take the starving man to a higher place that he needs to be to impact not just his life, but the lives of countless others that had God stopped at just giving a hand out, the starving man would have never realized had God just given him only what he asked for.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

That is one of the silliest things I've read today and is complete escapism from reality.

Of course, you can't offer an answer that isn't contradictory hypocritical to reality or the so-called "true nature of God"

What nonsense. Once again, believers must resort to fantasy and dishonesty when attempting to compare their ridiculous beliefs with reality. lol

So, while in control of the earth, he allows tens of thousands to starve to death every day.

WOW! lol

Unbelievable. The starving man dies of starvation but at least with the realization he has been lifted to a higher place with his dying breath.

Hilarious. lol

You really don't get God, do you.
        I appreciate that you took my response apart and out of context. People like you always seem to think that God is some mean big bully with a rod ready to knock people down. Do you know what is meant by "Your rod and your staff, they comfort me." from Psalm 23 means? A shepherd carries a rod and a staff. The rod is used to beat away the wolves that threaten the flock. The staff is a curved hook like a candy cane that he uses to gently guide the sheep to stay within the fold. That's what God does when we stay within His fold. He keeps evil at bay and protects us until we go home; not from the elements because that's part of being on earth, but from the junk that wants to damage our minds and hearts, far more important than our physical bodies. But I digress and only give you more food to chew apart.
        So then,
        What's the point then of just living for what is temporal? I find your responses a solid indication that you lack any real hope of anything beyond the physical world you exist in. It's sad that unbelievers think Christians live in a fantasy world. But if that is the case, I'll take my fantasy over your reality any day of the week. Better is one day in His courts than thousands elsewhere.

It's not an easy thing to do keeping track of all the gods out there trying to get your attention, faith and obedience.

Perhaps, you're asking if I get YOUR particular god?

I did no such thing, you presented a fantasy laden, faith-based story. It couldn't possibly be taken out of context.

Actually, God exhibits the traits and characteristics of a petty and vicious despot as opposed to just a bully.

And, I'm one of the wolves deserving of a beating by God? And, The junk is reality?

To live, of course. 

There isn't anything beyond the physical world. Why would you need hope?

Yes, I know. But, at the very least, try not to confuse those fantasies with reality. They have nothing to do with each other. smile

1. Sinbadsailorman profile image59
            Sinbadsailormanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is and has always been what we can not see this world is three dimensional to most and yet it is not so.
            I would suggest that this world we are living in is the fantasy of one fallen son of an eternal world and that it has only a limited amount of time to be tolerated By the Creator of All the World even this one wich is only a partial reality with a said life span For it and the heaven that is now they shall be restore  to an order of the Father that rules with an iron rod and a golden staff. spare the rod and spoil the child this is spoken of that one the devil he is a son of GOD and we are his siblings and not his children But the Fathers children All souls belong to GOD the Father and the Creator not the destroyer but the Life Giver He that Maketh shall also taketh and this to is spoken of ; Of That One and any that shall follow him as of this day and age.

Pointless, aimless, word salad.

2. DeadChurchRising profile image61
          DeadChurchRisingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Easy mhaydock...
          Remember that how you say things is just as important as what you say.  Attacking people isn't going to help you communicate your point.

2. Sinbadsailorman profile image59

To begin with one must understand what a believer believes in One with Blind faith as a child has faith that goes unquestioned as with almost every child who believes whole heartedly in something or anything. Has no need to ask or study further then they have.

Now then if you were to ask  a meat eater and not a babe or toddler still drinking mothers milk you may get an answer such as the ones which are common here and through out the world today. I will offer you a different one. But be forewarned only children of GOD will ever understand the truth as a child of God.

First off you are not only a child of the Father,  but His "Creation" there fore you belong to Him to do as he will with.

Second you have already by choice, corrosion or theft (Corruption) chosen to distance your self from GOD. In the First World Age Before Time ever even existed this was and is known as Heaven

The Fall that took place after the Wold that was Was. is Now where we all are. at The second Earth Age or dimension of Time.

Where Time Began. Time did not always exist with a death sentence or aging process that we now know. life was once eternal for us all and will be once again for those who once again choose GOD over the One (Satan) who cause the Fall in the first place.

The Father Loved you before this Fall and Loves you Still and has Not destroyed any even Yet!  But has condemn only One to Die or be Permanently Separated from Himself.  (Satan who is know to us as the Destroyer, Death, That Old Serpent the Devil, and many many other names in the Bible alone.

This would be Satan the Child of Perdition and Not Adam's Original Sin  or Judas I. as  the Son of Perdition! As many believers and Non- believer believe. This is All about Satan Lesson which we were drug into and now must also Learn and Choose to whom we shall follow.
        Good or evil God or the Devil it is not hard to understand why many feel they are over burden when they don't no where or why they are Here in the first place or that their Father and God truly Loves Them.

Call on him and He shall give you Rest Come to Me He Said All who are heavy Burden and I will give you rest rest assured God loves whosoever will love His Son who Die to Save this World from the Destroyer of the first World that Was. which 2/3 of remains to this every day. we are the one 1/3 that fell and have been accuse of by Satan night and Day of Not Loving or wanting God the Father so he (Satan) could have his time as a god like his Father our God yes Satan is our Brother who loves none but himself.

Satan is the God or god of this world our earthly realm and has, but only a short Time here Both before and after Christ came. This is where all those who feel over loaded receive that feeling from. True Christians  who have blind Faith or better  with Eyes to see and Ears to hear with feel this Feeling to but then Instantly call on the Comforter! If they know well enough to do. 

This is why they and GOD can say that they will never be over burden. For GOD has  and does prove Himself Every minute of every hour of every day still. And will until the end of Satan's Reign and this only Comes After he is released from Heaven once again and from the Lake of Fire after the Millennium  Then which comes Our Judgment on who we wish to follow or who we have been following

Thanks for all the religious gobbledegook, but I don't see what any of that has to do with reality?

1. aguasilver profile image70
            aguasilverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is more truthful.

You're right, I don't see reality contained within the gobbledegook of religious beliefs. It is indistinguishable from magic.

The Odyssey is a far better tale, it shows from the start that gods are petty and selfish, they manipulate and conspire, torturing and killing humans for laughs and vengeance. And yet, it is still just a mythical tale filled with magic but is still far more compelling.

1. profile image0
                brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You don't see the christian reality
                You only see your limited reality dictated by your 5 senses not the reality of God who lives beyond the 5 senses.

5. Sky9106 profile image66
    Sky9106posted 12 years ago

Before we got to know ourselves, and pick our own role models, because our parents were considered to be simply those you go to for everything, the supply warehouse.  For those things they could not or would not give to you, you then started collecting your heroes, and started wanting to be like them.(your heroes)

It is out of this rebellion and misunderstanding, that mankind started to forget the Most High God and his role, as the ultimate role model for all of mankind.

The love for your parents is automatically the love for God , because the teachings of every parent should be the teaching of God and in cases when it's not it is then woe. Tran up a child in the way he should go!

Yes God will provide everything to all his children, according to his riches.

Bless.

God has been an excellent role model for most petty dictators and despots who also demand praise, obedience and worship from their flocks, and if they don't get it, they send them to burn.

Like who?

2. Sinbadsailorman profile image59

This is a dictatorship it has always been. But I See it as a dispute of a Father and son as the good book and Its Story and stories reveals to me. Where others see it as a mystery. It is everything we have been or every felt in a smaller less grander scale.

Not only did this dispute take place, but it Broke up a happy eternal blissful and joyful world.

Now if our death is true as we think we know it to be or just a facet of a reality we no longer know. This is of great concern to the non believers and the confused or the babes that are easily swayed. Fear not it will all come out in the wash. The waters are being divided and purified.

Seek the good fruit and be joyful for there is a worse scenario awaiting those who are lost, dazed, and confused. Watch, watch; watch as a good son would. For the return of the defeated brother; he shall be returned to end what he began.
        Yes this has always been a dictatorship or what was once know as a Kingdom with a righteous KING.

6. profile image53
    LYSposted 12 years ago

I hope no one takes this out of context but in reply to the first post I immediately thought of something I recall from many years ago...
    God helps those who help themselves...

It sounds very simple and can easily be misinterpretated and misunderstood but it is also a very simple but powerful statement. For many years I wondered about this but if you have faith it is easier to understand. The truth often is vey simple.

7. Druid1952 profile image60
    Druid1952posted 12 years ago

All these posts and no real answers to the question. There are no new trials and tribulations that man can go through that man (mankind) has not already gone through. Just different versions of the same misery that this life dishes out. In 2009 I lost everything I had, my wife, my business, my vehicles, my house and one of my sisters passed on. Not to mention that my oldest daughter has not spoken to me since things fell apart. My cup of tribulation was overflowing and it collapse! During all of this I did not care if these problems came from a God or a Devil. They were here and they had to be endured. Many people told me that time will heal me just wait and see. I hate that statement because time doesn't heal a thing. It simply kills the emotions that you feel for someone or something. Be that as it may be I survived even though I thought I would die and wanted to at times.

I Do agree that there is a silver lining but it is not something anyone can see when in turmoil. Time has worked its "magic" in my life and all my crying has stopped. I have been given most everything back that I lost through my new best friend. Now life is tolerable even though it feels like I live in a parallel universe. A place where the people look the same but are different. I wish that those things had not happened but they did and I will not place blame or credit on any God or Devil. It is what it is, a part of this life that we must endure.

May I suggest to allow time to kill what ever it must, try to be patient, take whatever measures necessary to survive and do not care if "God " is to blame or is helping. You can not tell either way so why worry about it.

1. autumn18 profile image56
      autumn18posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you sharing your story Druid. I'm sorry to hear of your hardship and also glad that things are better. I agree with you that these things happen and blaming or praising God doesn't change that they happen. It may comfort some to do that and that is their right.

2. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So glad you survived!

Struggles are required for a bird to hatch. It is this struggle that strengthens their wings in preparation for learning how to fly. If there is no struggle they are less likely to fly at the time they should be ready to fly.

We too can learn to fly from our struggles.

3. Sinbadsailorman profile image59

I would suggest in a world where we have all been defeated, captured, and held prisoners for so long that this is why our heavens and even our hells play out within in a dimension of time; that while be forgotten.

Can we survive feeling what we feel image what the Father of creation feels, that He would send His only begotten to suffer and die to pay for the sins of the children that He so loves and now may never have all returned unharmed as it once was. the tree of Good and Evil is much more then a story it is a fact Innocence is gone forever.

And for it to be restored and cleansed it must now be dealt with and overcome; not erased. and some will be lost even if it is only One it is still a Fathers Loss that can't be overturned healed or repaired.

8. dressline profile image40
    dresslineposted 12 years ago

No, i never think so, maybe i should say we need take care of ourselves always .
    <link snipped-no promotional links>

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do I smell Spam?

Trying to think of a link from this topic to weddings, but unable to see it, and unwilling to click through to the linked hub as I don't like to encourage spam, so yes I suspect there is a strong odour of spam drifting across my sensitive nostrils!

READ THE TOC BEFORE YOU POST dressline....

Just checked and she is Chinese, so possibly she is just unaware that you must not post spam links to your hubs.

If you are reading this dressline, take the time to read the terms and conditions for the forum, silly to get banned before you start!

1. dressline profile image40
            dresslineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

how can i get the link to the terms and conditions for the forum ,thank you .

1. Cagsil profile image69
              Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement

The above link is the Terms of Service.

http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules

The above link is to the Forum Rules.

http://hubpages.com/faq/

The above link is to the FAQ's page.

I suggest you read ALL of them.

thank you ,even it is so long to me ,and may i ask a question ,can i have a link in my hub?

A link to what?

Maybe you should check out something else before you continue to be completely off topic on this thread.

Go now, visit and read the Learning Center. If you don't read the links I gave you, then you will continue to do things wrong. Stop what you are doing and go read.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Your posts and my posts are completely OFF topic of this thread. That is called "hi-jacking" a thread and it's against the forum rules, which is one of the links I gave you.

So, stop posting to the forums and stop posting links to your hub, in the forums. Come back after you've read the links I gave you.

Cagsil, I think we can be forgiven for being off topic here, we are trying to help a fellow hubber get started correctly.

....and in effect you are demonstrating the validity of the topic title! smile

Thank you!

2. dressline profile image40

i am back ,sir

2. dressline profile image40

no, just want to invite some friends to see my blog ,this is the link whether you believe or not

will you be  too nervous?

9. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

If your plate is overflowing, you probably just need some better organizational skills. Focus on what's really important and just let go of the rest. Things have a way of working themselves out.  God doesn't have anything to do with it.

10. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Yes, God takes care of you always, if you let Him!

Too many people are resisting God's attempts to help. I've done that a lot.

I could write a lot on this topic, but as Aguasilver has already said, Stan Fletcher already wrote a beautiful piece that stands head and shoulders above anything I've written:

http://stanfletcher.hubpages.com/hub/Wh … ing-on-God

Perhaps the only thing I would add is that we need to be grateful for all that we receive. You know,... turn the other cheek.

The lessons of life, if we take them with the right attitude (gratitude), will help us see the wisdom of things like turning the other cheek. If we have the wrong attitude, then it all sounds like nonsense or masochism. We can each choose. But it also helps to have humility with the gratitude. Otherwise ego gets kinda rowdy.

I suspect that God is not interested in our Homo sapiens bodies, our finances or our reputations. All of the earthly challenges are of little importance.

If a rogue planet were to blast into Earth tomorrow, human civilization would become so much star dust. And all of your earthly problems would disappear in a flash. But your spiritual problem would remain.

Lone 77 star I LOVE THAT LAST LINE! Amen Brother! So for those of you who think this physical life is it and there's nothing after that...consider the consequences when you discover you were wrong the whole time.

And here's another thought.

Psalm 73:25-26 NIV

"Whom have I in heaven but you?
        And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail,
        but God is the strength of my heart
        and my portion forever."

Yes, but you have not considered the consequences of you being wrong the whole time. And, if we base our decisions on reality while you base your decisions on a single religion amongst many, it is far more logical and likely that you are wrong.

That is a very valid thought. So I guess my response is, in the case that either of us is wrong, if there is a wisp of question as to God's existence and any life beyond this life, and if your being a part of it, because I assure you, you'll be a part of it one way or another, depends on your belief in it, then wouldn't you prefer to believe in it just in case? Consider it a back up plan for life everlasting. Not that God wants to be your back up plan, He wants to be your whole plan. But with that being said, if there is Heaven and Hell, which there is, but I won't try to convince you of that, and going to Heaven means choosing Jesus and a life eternal free from all the junk on earth, or the alternative, life eternal in Hell which you probably wouldn't want to hear about, but it's not very pretty there, if you are willing to entertain the thought that Jesus is who He said He was and have a Plan B, just in case you're wrong, what do you have to lose? Nobody says you have go around spouting "gobbledygook" as you put it for the rest of your life. Being a Christian just means living for something other than just yourself. I still enjoy a cocktail, go dancing with my friends, enjoy rock and rock with my daughter, cut my hair any way I like, wear whatever I like, drive a nice care and live in a nice house; I don't carry a Bible and beat people over the head with it. I just live my life the way Jesus calls me to with love and compassion. So, consider for a moment if you're wrong. Because if you are, you'll find out very quickly when you die or this world comes to and end that you aren't so happy with your decision. When Jesus returns, unbelievers will be left behind and will suffer more than you can imagine. If you think the world is bad now, you have no idea what's to come. So it's up to you. But personally, I like to be safe rather than sorry. Here in northern Illinois, we know better than to venture out on snowy days without a survival kit in the trunk just in case we plow in to a snow drift and are stranded. We have a back up plan. We carry health insurance in case we get sick because the alternative, as in my case a year ago, could be $250,000 in unpaid medical bills. We carry life insurance so we have something to take care of our families with when we die. We carry liability insurance on our vehicles so when our teenagers take out another car, they won't take the house if we get sued. We plan ahead. It's not stupid blind faith we drive around with going tweedledeedee blah de blah I believe in ponies and rainbows, it's the assurance of something bigger than ourselves that gives us strength and the ability to get through life and the crap it flings at us. It gives us greater compassion to not sit idly by and watch the world pass us but to get up and be a part of the solution by being the hands and feet of Jesus as when He walked the earth, which He did and history records. It's a funny thing that we we believe wholeheartedly on the mathematical "proof" of unseen parts of matter like quarks and sub-atomic "gobbledeegook" because somehow things of the physical world are easier to believe in.  We'll believe in the existence of ghosts and UFOs but seem to think that the only reason Christianity survived for 2000 years is because a bunch of fanatics were really good at promoting it and that the belief in God and Jesus is just fairy poop. So be bold, ask the non-existent God in your heart to show himself to you. If you really want to know, he'll show up. I was just like you until I did. And he showed up in a big way when I wasn't even looking.

That's enough of a rant for now and probably more fodder for you anyhow which I really hate doing but really hope you'll dig in to and maybe hear something of truth in, just enough to allow a sliver of doubt to pierce your heart and ask God in to.

So if it turns out you were right (which you aren't!), at least I HAD a back up plan. But when it turns out you were wrong, you'll wish you did. Better to be safe than sorry, don't you think. Who knows, you might even fall in love with God! He's already in love with you

My only response to this jibberish is roll

Yes, well, right back at ya. Have a nice life folks. I don't want to play anymore. Think I'll take my toys and go home and let the rest of you duke it out. Pearls to pigs and all that

1. profile image0

Print you truths and then ignore the ones who gape in amazement and revile you, our lord suffered much and we will too.

God gives the increase, we just need to plant the seeds.

What possible reason would I have to accept the existence of God on "a wisp of question?" There are many other religions asking the very same acceptance for the existence of their gods; "a wisp of question"...

One couldn't possibly accept a religion if so many other religions fit the same criteria. Based on your reasoning, the best choice would be none of them.

Believing in an afterlife means choosing to believe reality is "junk on earth" causing one to give up on reality only to look forward to an afterlife.

You've been there and seen it?

Honesty, integrity, credibility, intellect, respect... along with a host of other characteristics I could no longer hold...

...and my entire life wasted wallowing in myth and superstition.

But, as other Christians here have put it so succinctly, God commands Christians to spread the Gospel and create Disciples. I would indeed be commanded to spout gobbledygook. You yourself must also follow that command if you're to consider yourself a Christian.

Funny you should say Jesus calls you to do all those things. Would you not do those things if you didn't believe in Jesus? How are they related?

There, you see, that is exactly the type of belief I cannot accept from a religion or a loving god. Is that how Jesus calls people? To tell unbelievers the horrible wrath they will experience if they don't accept Jesus? Is your loving Jesus going to make me suffer more than I can imagine for no other reason other than I don't accept him as my god? He is a fiend.

LOL! What makes you think you're safe? If your religion is wrong and one of the others is right, you will burn for an eternity in their hell because you did not accept their god as your god. What makes you think you won't be sorry, either?

lol Terribly sorry, but when you present your Afterlife Insurance to some other god who you stand before awaiting eternal judgment of your soul, He may very well consider it null and void.

Yes, it does sound very much like "tweedledeedee blah de blah I believe in ponies and rainbows" and it very much is blind faith that drives that vehicle.

You mean, evangelizing the Gospel? That isn't compassion, it is selfishness and disrespect for others.

That's because the things of the physical world exist.

No, that's not true at all. He won't. We've been down that garden path many times before.

Sorry, but "slivers of doubt" are not enough to convince me your God exists.

You are not safe from the wrath of another God if the God you chose was wrong. And, using your own words...

"But when it turns out you were wrong, you'll wish you did."

1. profile image0

"But when it turns out you were wrong, you'll wish you did."
              NOT the christian reality
              in fact just the opposite is mentioned in the bible.
              whats in store is unimaginable
              perhaps that is why your 5 senses can't fathom it.

1. Druid1952 profile image60
                Druid1952posted 12 years agoin reply to this

What is "The Christian Reality"? Is that a new T.V. show?

1. profile image0

The christian reality is what is real to the christian.
                  for instance, some say that miracles do not occur, in christian reality, miracles do occur.

1. Druid1952 profile image60

So the miracles did not occur out in plane site for all to see, is that what your saying?

Yes, you have created an interesting pretend reality for yourself, one that you discern is not the reality we all share. Yours is filled with wondrous kingdoms and magical events that can't be seen or heard, yet you pretend to see and hear them as if you possess some special powers over the rest of us.

Do we shudder with shock or laugh hysterically at the thought any of it can be taken seriously? Such a held mentality surely could be dangerous in the wrong hands unless competence does not allow for irrational actions to grow from irrational beliefs, then it's just a case of laughing at grown adults who still cling to childish myths.

Is it any wonder the world is in the state it's in when billions of nice, normal people are enslaved in ignorance and superstitions, living fantasy laden realities with little more on their minds than to escape the reality we all share?

Unfortunately, with three-quarters of the worlds population immersed in this kind of mindset, we still have a long way to go before we break the shackles of religious slavery that suppresses the great potential we all have to fix the worlds problems together. Hopefully, before it's too late.

2. profile image0

all religions are exclusive. Muslim is radically exclusive. Buddhism was born when Gautama Bhuddha rejected two fundamental assertions of the Vedas. Hinduism is absolutely uncompromising on the law of karma or the law of moral cause and effect, the authority of the Vedas and reincarnation. Sikism challenges both Hinduism and buddhism. Atheists reject the viewpoints of those who believe in any god. So when people talk of Christianity as being arrogant they forget about secular exclusivism: North and south, East and West, Politics, Social situations, racism, etc and they forget about theoretical exclusivism, Masonry, Monarchy, Illuminati, Secret service, Frats in university, ego, riches and poverty etc, and also geographic exclusivity, Borders and cultures.

So to say that christianity is arrogant is really an unintelligent and illogical attack. Exclusivity exists in every area of life.

Since mankind is divisive by nature it is no surprise that there are so many divisions in religion as in everything else. But which is right?
          Commonly all religion based teaching say that this world is illusion and temporary. That to achieve enlightenment is go beyond ones senses and live in a state of bliss - well i am not concerned about which is right but by majority vote i would have to say that the atheist is out the window.

oooh the shudder

Very well said brothery.

2. Druid1952 profile image60

Its unfortunate that you say has truth to it. I do not claim to be a Christian now but I have spent many years as one. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that all religions operate the same. If the can not claim exclusivity then they are not able to claim that they are the only right and true way. That makes exclusivity the evil of all religions as I see it.

What is needed is for all people to shed the clocks of religion and replace them with the cloaks of the reality of our situations on this planet. The diversity of the differing peoples has to be understood by all people. Cultures have to be maintained while certain aspects of them must die. I.E. religious and political views. We do not need a one world government but we do need a one world attitude.

Claiming to be in a Christian reality is to exclusive and that claim is one thing that must die. More later.

3. A Troubled Man profile image59

Is that a new term you just made up to steer the discussion off onto some irrelevant tangent? lol

Sorry, but your ridiculous beliefs are equally ridiculous/arrogant/unintelligent amongst all the other religions in the world. They are only "exclusive" in the sense that the message delivered is different, hence why mankind is so divisive.

That is entirely untrue, but I can see why you would say such a thing.

No, there aren't so many divisions that are equally divisive as religions. That's nonsense.

None, of course. Duh.

That's why you regress away from reality and have created your own fantasy in which you now live. despite the fact you still share one reality with the rest of us.

Agreed, but the state of bliss you refer is not enlightenment but instead the state of ignorance and deceit.

1. Sinbadsailorman profile image59

In the Begin GOD created the Heavens Plural and then the Earth was restored and then it was flooded as to cleanse It and then the Truth was seeded and soon it shall be revealed but that truth will again be false and then the truth shall come once and for all and be undeniable to all. and IF you had never received the truth where as you believed it to be you shall be instructed and then tested and then judged being restored or forgotten is the final day the final day for time shall be sponged away spotless and clean once again every soul that remains but repentance, work, and forgiveness shall always be for our Father is as He was The Creator and He creates for it pleases Him to do so and His Children are a part of that creation forever. He is the First Begotten Son  this is why he came to His son's fantasy world where we are today It is the first rebellion and It will be the last. You'll never walk alone it is impossible for you to do so there is only but the middle for us for GOD is the first and the Last.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)