Can't you just leave HUBPAGES

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (32 posts)
  1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Thanking you for your kind advice, obviously emitted with enormous difficulty from the area atop your legs.

It won't do me any good to leave, however, as I am obviously not a top writer.  Last month saw earnings of $695, or about 12 years worth at $50 per year, so I can't be one of those top writers.

Guess I'll just have to stay here, suffering through the excessive income, friendly forums and great hubbers.

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Shoot - I must be a bottom writer because I earned a lot more than $50 this year (in the thousands!) - damn and I thought I had a little talent. OK so I'm going to leave, write on better sites and bring my earning right down to $50 a year! Pheww...thank gosh I read this forum post - I would have been so underappreciated!

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lollollol  I'm right behind you, SimeyC.  I must be at the bottom of the HP pit, since I've just been writing here on Hubpages for little over a year and my first year income was more than a thousand dollars.  Geeez, I'm such a loser for sticking around!

2. CASE1WORKER profile image62
      CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

Thank goodness I have failed the top writers test too!

Not as much as some others but significantly more than $50
      Even the dreaded panda could not bring me to the level of a top writer!

3. Richard Craig profile image59
      Richard Craigposted 12 years ago

I think his hubber score speaks for it's self. 29 is practically a 3/10.

4. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I don't know about you folks, but I am getting a bit fed up with the antics of this troll, and suggest we all completely ignore him in future.

He'll get fed up and go away with any luck.

To newbies, look out for a stupid comment aimed at hubstaff or hubbers from a brand new hubber with either zero hubs or a couple of poems 'masquerading' as hubs.

This guy keeps getting banned and making up new personas.

Then just ignore it.

1. Richieb799 profile image74
        Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

On personal level, I earn more than $50 a week here, have had excellent HP staff help regarding a hub of mine which is copied...so the sock puppet is wrong

2. wavegirl22 profile image48
        wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

+ 1

5. missolive profile image60
      missoliveposted 12 years ago

I agree with Izzy - stop feeding the trolls - ignore

1. dungeonraider profile image85
        dungeonraiderposted 12 years ago

Guess I'll stay, too, since I like my instant publishing/editing here.  I prefer to write and publish and get indexed by Google within a couple hours here, thanks.  I'd be lucky if my articles offered to other sites make it to an editor within a couple days.

2. GmaGoldie profile image82
        GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

I don't consider myself a writer, let alone a good writer and yet I bring in more than $50 each month.

Life is more than money. Hub Pages offers allot more than money. Hub Pages offers the exposure to those from around the world, the ability to ask questions on history and the Internet and learn something is priceless. What university in the world is completely free and at your fingertips 24/7?

I wish you the best and hope you are happier where you land. Hub Pages is not for you - your personality doesn't fit here. We are positive, uplifting writers who seek to learn and grow.

HubPages is one spot on the Internet and strongly encourages its writers to promote and write on other sites and "back link". Hub Pages is my hub of information and learning, it supports my education and training and it offers the best site for "articles" of substance, Hub Pages is not a "blog" and it is much more than just a money making site.

If you are seeking a blog - you have the wrong site.

You clearly don't understand this website.

3. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Hmmm.  I've already made more than $50 this year so I am taking that rant with a grain if salt.

4. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 12 years ago

I can't dig your intentions through all this drama. So let me ask you this straight...

You want all of us to leave hubpages because....

1) you are not earning anything ?

2) you don't like the decision of Ebay rollout which decreased your sales ?

3) you got hit by panda and you lost all earning even after subdomain switch ?

4) you think everyone who writes on hubpages has capacity to earn more  in freelancing?

5) you're positioning yourself as antagonist so that community unites against people who question hubpages for anything ?

6) just because you managed other earning source?

7) you're seriously bored and want to troll the heck out of forums ?

8) you're seriously pissed off on few members posting and want to harass them ?

9) your spun content got slapped during first panda update and you left  hubpages and now want to disturb others ?

10) you've no girlfriend or wife or kids or family and you want some place to vent ?

11) your anti-science, pro-reason agenda is not selling on forums ?

12) no one is reading your poetry ?

13) you want cookies for Christmas ?

14) you like Lady Gaga and hate Justin beiber or vice versa?

So what is it exactly ?

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

2. SimeyC profile image89
          SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

what about:

15) You are a partner in a competing article website and hope we all join up for your website instead....

3. profile image53
          The GAMEqposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. skyfire profile image80
            skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How cheap, you need a female avatar to troll on forums. *tsk* *tsk*

1. IzzyM profile image86
              IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh this is so out of order.

He's using prettydarkhorse's avatar, and this same guy seems to think everyone is Maita's sock.

Sick.

1. profile image53
                The GAMEqposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0
                  SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is copyright infringement.  Unless permission is granted by the owner of content to be used.  Flag the profile, it's what I did.

4. Reality Bytes profile image75
          Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

Yeah , I make @ $50.00 a month.  I must be doing something wrong. lol

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
            MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

How about "I won a prize in a contest that real writers see as a vanity scam, so now I know everything about true literature"?

LMAO, published author my ass.

2. That Grrl profile image72
            That Grrlposted 12 years ago

I don't know why people like to gang up and pick on others this way. Quite an unnecessary attack on someone giving their opinion. Why do each of you feel the need to participate in this? Does it make you feel like part of the group? Do you feel better about yourself after making someone else feel small and wounded?

No doubt you'll flock together and start pecking at me now. That's your choice. We have that you know... freedom of speech. Even when people don't agree with you.

1. skyfire profile image80
              skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL. You've no idea about this troll and what's going on forums for last few weeks. FYI, this troll is stealing images from other hubbers facebook account to use it on forums.

You're just jumping into this without knowing a thing and carrying your opinion of 'freedom of speech'. So for the love of LadyGaga, try to find following hub accounts and their posts in forums then come back to this thread and post this type of sage reply. Just for your information take a look at these hub accounts...

- CutterM
              - Hub Gandhi
              - Phenom Writer
              -Tanmoy Acharya
              - Seth Punisher-
              - Brodsky
              - The Gameq

and list goes on....

1. That Grrl profile image72
                That Grrlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know how forum trolls and assorted other online trolls work. Why do people keep feeding this? Or better yet, why are forum moderators letting this continue over different threads and user accounts? It's not making HubPages look very well run. If you were new here what would your impression be after reading/ skimming this?

2. Cagsil profile image70

You're joking right?

With 8 posts....what in the world do you know about using the forums?

1. That Grrl profile image72
                That Grrlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been using and moderating online forums for over 10 years.

1. Cagsil profile image70

Not here. roll

3. cardelean profile image87
            cardeleanposted 12 years ago

I sure wish that I had all of this time to sit around and try to convince people to do something that I want them to do under a false representation of myself.  Boy, I guess I'm in the wrong business.

1. cardelean profile image87
              cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Oops, I forgot to add, "can't you just take your own advice?"

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
              Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

In my opinion as a non significant earning kind of writer I have yet to see any other site that comes close to offering what HubPages does. Not everything has to be about the money.

Put a price on freedom to express yourself, the pleasure of being read, the ability to go your own way.

Not only is the software second to none, but the community is by and large the easiest going, most supportive of any internet hangout I have come across.

Er.  I don't want to sound like the class creep here. It's not perfect.

But finding time at the weekends or evenings to write and publish is near enough one of the most pleasurable parts of my life.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
            Necessary
            HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
            LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
            Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
            AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
            HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
            HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
            Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
            CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
            Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
            Features
            Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
            Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
            Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
            Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
            Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
            VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
            PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
            Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
            MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
            Marketing
            Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
            Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
            Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
            SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
            Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
            Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
            AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
            OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
            Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
            TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
            Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
            Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
            Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
            Statistics
            Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
            ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
            Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
            ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)