Pothead spirituallity

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (88 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

The sadus smoke marijuana and it helps them to see a greater truth, for it slences emotion and creates deeper thought. I have never seen a pothead commit a violent crime, most likely because they are too lazy to do so. There is alot of urban myth that surrounds marijuana and most of it comes from people that have never tried it for themselve's.

I have smoked marijuana in the past and all it did was make me feel more peaceful and it lead to many profound ways of thinking. Potheads tend to philosophise and most of the thought is free. Because it made people think for themselve's, rather than the church, religious folks were quick to demonize it. Not only that, hemp is cheaper than cotton and it was putting a wrench in the cotton corporate machine. More hemp, less money to be made for ctton. Plus, hemp is more sturdy than cotton and is easier to grow.

But I digress. Marijuana is not evil and it says in the bible that "God created all flowering plants and manner of herb for man to use". How come christians are so quick to refute this? Is it because of the above reasons? Because marijuana goes against trapping the mind to doctrine?

1. kess profile image61
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If pot enables a man to see truth so as to live Life, then that Life should be obligated to Pot...
      So pot is the the visible and tangible to the invisible and intangible god..thus making it an Idol such as common among this world religions.

If you are instead saying that pot is merely a way to see truth, while itself is not the Truth, then I can say the same for every other thing inclusive of religion.

mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do not think that pot is God. I am saying that the truths of life are easier seen through it. I am not advocating it either, I just see many misconceptions surrounding it. To me, life is God and so therefor is death for they are neccesary. Pot is not neccesary for it is only a tool for finding higher truth and one does not need it to discover such truths.

2. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The problem is...after all the mind-expanding 'wow man's'... what's left after you come down is less superior to what was there before you went up.  In other words, it destroys brain cells and is as psychologically addicting as any religion.

3. brittanytodd profile image88
      brittanytoddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Honestly, I don't know many Christians who refute the idea that pot is God's creation or is not evil.  I think that it is illegal, and maybe they don't want to break the law.  Is there a Christian movement against marijuana itself?  Or just all illegal drugs?  I am interested to hear about those who feel this way.

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'd say marijuana is one of the least harmful drugs.
      But it is a drug.
      It slows one's reactions,  as in driving a vehicle, etc.  and other unsafe reactions.
      That's the main reason I'd be against legalizing it.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Marijuana and hemp were originally drummed into illegality by major corporations of paper, the Hearst Corp, synthetics - by demonizing Spanish Americans as evil dope smokers causing a large deportation, to get the ground swell for the easy passage of drug laws. Hemp is one of the greatest resources in the world but they can't own it so they demonized Marijuana and oh by the way that evil Hemp as well.

If they can tax everything else, they can tax marijuana. This is just an excuse to keep it illegal and since pot makes one think for themselve's, the government thinks that they won't be their robot. Think about it. Have you ever smoked pot? How did it make you feel? If everyone smoked pot, in my opinion, we would rebel against the unfairness of the law and the law makers there of. I certainly think it has helped me to understand my own true spiritual nature, though to use it in excess is to go too far. It is not something to be used everyday, but at times when one wants to be, as they are. But this may only be true for me and I'm sure it's not.

The natural hemp grown for textile manufacture is not the same as the marijuana grown for human consumption.

"If everyone smoked pot...we would rebel..."  Except that while you're smoking and solving the world's problems there's a lot of pseudo-determination.  Once potheads come down, all they look for is another joint..after they wake up from a very long nap, that is.

Somehow or another big business has lumped them together.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59

I think you're right on this.  Somehow they got the idea that someone would figure out a way to 'manufacture' some mind altering hemp.  Either that or it's just the fact that it's in the same family.

The biggest problem with the world is that, many of the people on it believe that they know things. If I can admit that I have knowledge of things and that I know of things, then all of the nonsense I spew may mean something. Alot of the anti-pot advocates have never tried it and so, they bar others from even experiencing it. They seem to think that they know something about it, by the bad examples therein. They know nothing of spirituallity because they think they know about it. I know that I am nothing and I know that I am everything and this thought has made me one with God. Pot did not bring me to this realization, though it did start the process for me.

I get what you're expressing but I would respectfully disagree.  In a way it's kind of backwards logic.  I have never burned myself badly but I know that if I let my child play with fire, he may get burned badly.  IMO someone doesn't need to have done drugs to know the potential destruction they can cause.

3. knolyourself profile image61

True marijuana is ant-progressive and Conservative meaning the capitalists hate it. See what they did to the hippies. Anytime things make no sense at all, the corporate capitalists are probably behind it. If it is ever legalized it will be when the drug industry has control of it.
    I like Marijuana but not it used it much for thirty years, since my normal state of
    consciousness is equivalent to at least one tab of acid. Oooops - I am illegal.

Acid through the doors wide open for those that used it. I know it did for me, though I think some people weren't ready for it yet. But yes, the government will, because of the conservatives therein, destroy any form of free thinking. This is the problem with a religious foundation, religious folks have a tendancy to demonize that which they do not understand.

Psychotropics shattered an illusion so to speak. Acid, Mushrooms and marijuana are a learning tool, at least they were for me.

knol - I can agree that the original hippies were supressed but MOST OF THEM WERE POTHEADS, ACID FREAKS AND HEROIN ADDICTS!!  They broke the law.  They were very hard on us in those days but we were breaking the law.  The problem was a lot of us got caught up in trouble that was just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  New laws were made like not being allowed to go barefoot, not being allowed to wear the American flag anywhere on your clothing like tee shirts or patches or jackets.  So they made it hard.

mischev - Acid as a 'learning tool' is only safe in a controlled environment.  It will open your mind for sure but anyone who uses it had better be in a safe place all around.  Advocating it as a learning tool is just wrong.

As I said in an earlier post, I am not advocating it, I am just sharing a point of view. I have been around long enough to know how it can be negative and I would never subject another to the horrors of it either. I wish people had a choice to be able to see all posts by the person they are replying to, maybe then they wouldn't jump to conclusions.

"Acid, Mushrooms and marijuana are a learning tool, at least they were for me." - mischeiviousme

4. knolyourself profile image61

Well I found that they can be, but are not necessarily for most, like party people. The best learning tool is schizophrenia but few can master it.

I am not saying I sat around partying. I saw it as Watts and Leary did and did so with a scientific mindset. I wanted to see what it was about and where it would take me. The most powerful and profound experiences I have had were with mescalito and I never took it in excess.

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

All of the bogus reasons the government has for outlawing pot aside; it is a recreational drug. I realize you may feel all intelligent and profound when you are high. Trust me. You aren't. That is why it is called a recreational drug.

6. Kyle Payne profile image61
    Kyle Payneposted 12 years ago

Pot is very useful for many things. I believe what bothers Christians is the fact that it is in disobedience to the government.

for Christians believe that they are the government or at least the authority on rational behavior, which is irrational in itself.

1. Kyle Payne profile image61
        Kyle Payneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How have you come to the assumption that Christians believe that they are the authority on rational behavior?

2. brittanytodd profile image88

I don't think this is true.  I know a ton of Christians that do not think they are the government...

The religious reich has almost run this country into the ground. They have planted the seeds of rebellion and have run things long enough. When will our government be free of old money and dime a dozen preachers? I love everyone on this planet, but the activities of the few tend to sadden me, especially when it comes from those with religious opinion, instead of spiritual love for one another. Many Christians preach love but they hate anything that they deme as non-christian and at some point, it has to stop.

1. brittanytodd profile image88

I think you are angry or frustrated with a particular type of Christian and I think it would be better to avoid generalizations about a massive group of people much like all muslims are not terrorists.

that's why I said some christians. I am frustrated yes but angry no. I no longer get angry though I am human and have a temper. I am brought to anger by the injustice of pious men. I hate it when people use religion as an excuse to do harm and I especially hate it when they use it for profit. I hated the money changers and I hate the spoils of religious war.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
              Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Religion again

Do people actually read what I write or do they just choose words to disagree with?

Excluding those that actually do, there seem to be many people that refuse to read between the lines.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

Most people see what they want to see and hear what they want to read.
                  I spend most of my time with the honest ones

for example brittanytodd presidents statement

just below us

2. brittanytodd profile image88

I read what you say.  And I do agree that some cross the line...but so do nonchristians.

I must admit that I have done wrong, but some religious folk go way to far and the problem is, they hide behind there religion to do it. I do not hate anyone and sometimes I wonder if I am making a difference. I would like it if we could love one another and not have religion to do it. To me, sometimes religion complicates things and feeds egos, it is a shame indeed.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Just try to get a non Christian elected for office

There have been a number of presidents and officials that are nonchristians: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_ … n_religion

Wiki reads

Thomas Jefferson,[1]Abraham Lincoln,[2][3] and William Howard Taft[4] were accused of being atheists during election campaigns,

No president thus far has been an Atheist, a Jew, a Buddhist, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Sikh or an adherent of any other specifically non-Christian religion.

Touche. smile

2. Pcunix profile image90
                Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You don't know that.

I'd say no President so far has been fool enough to ADMIT to not being one of the crowd.

True, yet you just don't elected unless you submit you are Christian.

roll

7. knolyourself profile image61

I had a best friend who died a year or two ago, very Christian. Thought I was going to hell, but he was an angel. He would never do drugs ever because his authorities as the church told him
    it was evil. End of story - that's it.

Let not doctrine control your mind, but let the teaching be true. I don't think many people get the gyst of what I'm saying, because it challenges the authority of the church or doctrine that they know. I would say live your own life and let none control it, but guide it.

8. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

I went to college in ancient times. Economics was part of my studies. A friend asked me out to the tennis courts where we smoked some hellatious bud...right before my economics final. I got the highest mark in the class on that final. I looked at the test again, not stoned. Had I not been stoned when I took the test...my grade would have experienced no change whatsoever. I maxed the test...not because I was stoned, despite the fact I was.

I'm talking about marijuana as a way to experience deeper inner truths. I think there are alot of people that read into these forums without looking for a deeper meaning. This a spiritual and religious forum, had I wanted to talk about marijuana and education, I would have done so.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, some people think that potheads are lazy...you said so yourself, some people think that stoners are stupid. "Every herb bearing seed" "it shall be as meat" Do you know that the eating of meat is what is credited for the increase in our brain size and functions? Do you really think it is for our use so we'll hang-out in bars and play Foosball? It is one of many natural highs that contribute to the clearing of the pinneal gland at the frontal lobe. Mind altering/expanding experiences caused by this or that is well founded historically. See...you can combine it with education. If you find a greater truth...you HAVE BEEN EDUCATED!!!

I know that early hominids would not have evolved if not for meat and I can see how it can lead to stupid behavior. I never left the confines of a structure while in the throws of psychotropics either. A great friend of my familly (Allan Cohen) writes about the negative aspects of drugs and I tend to agree, all though I have never had a negative experience with them, accept for wanting more chips and anything else I could eat.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
            Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Power of suggestion. My actual point was for the people who have preconceived ideas that came from the propaganda. I think you will gain cosmic consciousness with or without the external stimulants. Pot justs seems to be the sugar in the bitter medicine. It makes it all go down a little easier. I think that the entire species is undergoing a fundamental change which could be an evolution but is certainly a Quantum Leap.

We're certainly trying to move ahead anyway. I am not going to tell anyone that they are wrong for what they do, though I will certainly suggest other ways of doing. I do not envibe anymore, though I think it has helped me to become the person I am today, perfections and flaws.

9. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

I don't know. If we actually could outlaw pot and alcohol and tobacco, I think we should.

But the reality is that we can't, so control (as we try to do with the other two) is better. 

I personally think its all dumb, and yes, I have done all of it when younger.

I don't think it should be illegal, but I do think people should know how it should be used and this applies to any of the three. At least they are not soul destroying like crack, meth or heroin.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
        Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree that it should be legal. All that money could pour into the economy! I don't see why people demonize pot as a "gateway" drug, that's what they tell the young people now. When I was in HS, I didn't know anyone who  didn't get high. I stopped when I became an adult, specifically when I had a child on the way, and I don't miss it. But although I tried most other drugs to see what they were like, I never got hooked or felt a need to continue usage. People are weak willed. I don't even drink alcohol anymore. I had some great experiences with marijuana, where I was in the woods with a clear head, enjoying beauty in much more detail than usual. This generation is much more serious and straight. My son has been in Jamaica 4X, and never tried pot. I don't do it anymore, I just like the country and it's abundant there. It does make people lazy though.

You are definitely a student of Watts. I can see it in your writings. I grew up on it or at least heard and read enough of it to learn something. Especially of Buddhism and zen. In fact I'm listening to zen bones right now.

I'm reading the book Zen Bones, but enjoy the lectures more.

I only have three of them. The watercourse way, the wisdom of insecurity and one other I can't quite remember the name of, but yes I agree, his lectures were the best.

IMO, there are probably just as many serious and straights to potheads in this generation as there were in the past.  As you said, (many) people are weak willed so for their sakes all this stuff needs to be kept under wraps, not legalized.  I usually don't advocate government doing what they think is best for the people, but seatbelts save lives.  So does staying straight.  So it sounds like what you're saying, Jean, is that all that money that would be pouring into the economy would come from individuals purchasing pot or other drugs from legitimate businesses as they do in Holland. Then those who don't go out of their way to break the law now might not have to break the law.  They could just walk into a bar and have a nightcap.  Remember that generations rarely learn from history because they didn't live it so we'll have a generation of kids who try it and some who don't make it because they were under the influence driving home or something.  It'll follow the path of alcohol with underage kids trying to cop some stuff.  Hell, there are enought adults now who smoke pot and don't think twice about their kids being in the same house.  The world is full of idiots.

But if you put it in adult venues, then children will not have access to it. Do you see how simple that is? I think bars should not let people leave when they are too heavily intoxicated, in fact I think they should inform the police that a heavily inebreiated person is behind the wheel. It certainly would save more lives than being complacent about it and it wouldn't hurt you if they were safe. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

There are laws in place that are supposed to do just that.  In face, the bartender is the one who is legally held responsible for the inebriation.  It's simple for you and me to see it but that world doesn't operate the way we see it.  Alcohol is in adult venues but there are still underage drinkers.  I never heard the term fried gold but I know what Alcapulco Gold is. wink

couturepopcafe,
                You bring up some good points. But pot is legal for medical reasons in many states now, including mine. I never sought it out. I'm sure people who don't need it can get it, where there's a will there's a way. But did prohibition stop people from wanting booze? Bootlegging is the way the Kennedy's made their money.  And yes, mischeviousme, I wonder how it took me all these years to discover Watts smile.

watts as well as Kiddy Davey were friends of the familly, though I never met watts, he died before I was born. My mother and father both were Meher Baba followers, my mother more so. I was exposed to everything spiritual and through it, I found my own spirituallity. I adore Watts' humor and his language as it was. I think what he had to say was benneficial, in a most profound way.

10. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

As many people seem to smoke it now, it seems to be more acceptable than it once was.  One problem though is that it has been linked to many mental health conditions, and is addictive.  Everywhere I walk in my neighbourhood seems to smell of it.  I have no idea where people but it, as it is not available in any supermarket.  And how is an experience created by smoking pot evidence of an alternate reality.  Surely it is the result of chemical changes to the brain?

For me, pot shut my mind up long enough to pay attention. This may not be true for all but it certainly did something for me, I'm not sure if that something was good, but it certainly did something.

Some facts

1.Natural grown Pot can’t directly kill you and it is a low  health risk,  92% of Canadians approve pot as a medicine

2.    Pot It’s less addictive than coffee, too much of anything is not good for you; I smoke only as much as the blue moon comes out and never seen any dragons on it.

3.    Eat pot rather than smoking it, you smoke anything it’s not good for you.

4.    Pot is less harmful than alcohol and driving is safer, still not recommended for driving besides it's illegal.

5.    More people in the world do pot than there are Christians except Christianty is not illegal in every country in the world and people are less war like on pot. Pot is a religion in Jamaica.

6.    The 74 Year war on Pot Led by USA was lost  from the beginning and it only suppresses 50,000 other non narcotics cannabis products that the rich do not want you to know

The top ten worst things about pot is ……..It’s illegal X 10

#3 is actually a good point.  It's the smoke that destroys cells more than anything.
          #5 people are less warlike on pot.  Good one.  I think after a while they'd start seeing enemies again.

It's a friendly soft drug, they have a hard enough time ordering pizza than to go out and kill someone.

It mainly makes you horny, sleepy and hungry, which can lead you to the odd other problems, if done too often.

Thank you for the support...

Ordering pizza.  lol  The problem is they want pizza, chinese food, chips, burgers, milkshakes, candy, and then a nap.  Wake up to breakfast consisting of another joint.  No time for war, just discussing it is hard enough.

You focuss too much on the bad examples. You should read about the Sadhus, especially if you are going to make such generalized and wild statements. Not all pot smokers are potheads, I for one don't smoke anymore and have learned a great many things from it. I think barring people from it, only increases it's use. Tell a kid not to do something and they will do as much as they can, just to get at their parents. Tell me I'm wrong...

When we were  kids it took 3 or 4 joints to get high, sometimes the seeds would blow up and burn your eye brows.

The reefer madness film they show us in school, had this guy taking one toke from a reefer then ran around  the room like a chicken and then jumped out the window to his death, Then the teacher put on another film that showed  us kids where women were stripping down naked than they ran into a lake singing and screeming

Then we kid looked at each other and said
                  Where can we get that sh**

You're funny... I like that sh**.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
                mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not always true. I used to smoke anything up to 7 strong joints a night, plus drink a bottle of red wine when I lived in Tenerife, and I still successfully held down a full time, very stressful, customer relations based job, and got up every day without fail. All my smoking and drinking was done after work, (ask bardofely here on Hubpages, he was my lodger/flatmate/friend at the time, and he is still my friend smile).

When I did stop smoking pot 7 years ago, I had no problem at all, and no withdrawal symptoms, even though it was literally done overnight.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

LOL, I so totally agree with your statement about 'horny, sleepy and hungry'. I know my late Husband's best friend used to call it 'Stallion Dust' (although it wasn't 'dust' but resin or weed), and I know it used to be the one thing that ensured everyone descended on the fridge like a swarm of locusts, (cheese the first thing to go). After all this you fell into the best sleep ever, and causing any trouble or fights would have been far too much like hard work.

I called it a study aid.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

LOL, well I have no problem with it, and although I have given up all forms of smoking as of three years ago, I would still eat it in cakes etc, e.g. like they do legally in the cafes in Amsterdam.

1. profile image0
                    Muldaniaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Holland has now banned foreigners from buying those cakes.  The Dutch have to produce evidence that they are citizens of Holland in order to buy the cakes.

11. voodoo123 profile image60
    voodoo123posted 12 years ago

marijuana  such a good idea (at least i think so) and since there are no other communities like this one

Wow, all our "wild" sides are coming out here, lol! I don't like to smoke, and found the idea of othes passing around a joint kind of gross. I used to get strep throat alot too back then. I'm healthier now, but it could be just taking better care of myself. Pot does't make you as messed up as booze, you can drive well, if maybe a tad slow. I held down a job and went to college back then too, so it didn't interfere with my serious responsibilities. There's a time for everything...

12. james555 profile image59
    james555posted 11 years ago

Black Elk of the Oglala Souix called it "The Five Rayed herb of Understanding." It brings on a consciousness of wonder and joy! It helps ease the pain emotionally and physically so the mind is free to experience many contemplative thoughts. The Corporations know it would change things and they would rather have us jacked up on caffeine and be productive worker drones. The sacred herb does not make anyone stupid or lazy. prohibition has created a second class citizenry locked out of jobs and urine tested and rehabbed, searched and harassed and arrested by Police!

The passive life of contemplation and spirituality that it inspires is against the materialistic consumer culture. Heaven forbid the people should wake up and start seeing the truth! Can't be having that. Life is symbolic and the prohibition of this God given gift is the Crime of the Century! Until we accept the sacred herb and the Mother Earth Goddess, our world will continue to run toward the cliff like a pack of lemmings! Hemp replaces paper, cotton, fossil fuel, plastic, alcohol, tobacco, prescription drugs, cotton and synthetic fibers...big businesses! Seagram's Vodka is the biggest lobby against legalization.

There are many millions of those who believe that this herb is sacred and we want freedom of religion too! When, Great Spirit! How long? This herb was sent to us by the Great and Holy Spirit to balance the industrial dulling of our connection to the natural world. I know many will say that "I'm just a dreamer but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will live as one." (John Lennon and Yoko Ono "Imagine") Stop cutting down trees! Stop global warming! End the incarceration of good and gentle people! Save the world! Legalize the sacred herb. Now. Everywhere!

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Eh...
      Perhaps Black Elk and John Lennon could afford to sit around high all day,  but other people actually have to make a living and do things that require sobriety.
      Lennon's "Imagine" sounded so cool, but when ya get past the music and words and think in reality,  we can tell that he and Yoko forgot about all the people in the world who were suffering from disease or poverty or whatever while they lay in their little drug afterglow.     Just think of all the money they raked in from the sale of that song and the image of him and Yoko lounging in bed.   Wow.  They had it made, didn't they?!   At other people's expense of course.

13. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 11 years ago

It's all a matter of economics, man and if you see through the haze, we will all be in a beautiful dream of hypertrophia. All one, you know, man. And if you really want to come together just remember what the rabbit said to Alice, "Wake up in time!"  Yeah, I think that was the rabbit.. no wait the caterpillar.. or maybe it was Mr. Ed.  I'll get back to you later on that...
    Goodbye, Mr. Ed.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

RFLMAO.

... or even Arnold Ziffel.
      So many talking animals packed into a single zany, hazy decade!

14. james555 profile image59
    james555posted 11 years ago

I am so impressed with your sarcastic critique of John and Yoko! You are so very intelligent and witty! But you forgot your heart. Yes that poor shriveled organ that once beat in that vacuum inside your empty chest. First Black Elk was a visionary who saw as a child his whole people get slaughtered and betrayed by the US cavalry and thrown into poverty. John and Yoko worked every day to make their fortune. John and the Beatles toured and played  literally constantly and had no life at all for over twenty years. They made a lot of money and they used the power and the fame to sell World Peace and got hassled by Nixon and-oh yeah-shot in the back by FBI/CIA hypno-control camo robot lone gun. What's the matter? "I know you're dissatisfied with your position and your place-but don't you understand that's not my problem." (Bob Dylan) Considering that millions of people honor John Lennon for sacrificing his life for world peace and women's liberation and legalization (Remember John Sinclair?) He was brave and honest and spoke his mind. He didn't spew his venom behind a pseudonym.  I suppose all artists are lazy-just like stoners-and idle and don't deserve to be paid for their work . You would have done better in Germany say 1936?                                    James Mandolare

15. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 11 years ago

God put every herb on the planet but never try to ingest hemlock.

In the case of poisoning by Hemlock, the antidotes are tannic acid, stimulants and coffee, emetics of zinc, or mustard and castor oil, and, if necessary, artificial respiration. It is essential to keep up the temperature of the body. Like many other poisonous plants, when cut and dried, Hemlock loses much of its poisonous properties, which are volatile and easily dissipated. Cooking destroys it.

We must be use it properly.

In the case of marijuana it is a personal decision as to whether one smokes it or not. No one has ever died from marijuana i.e like hemlock, and marijuana has medicinal purposes.

In the case of being of the spirit of God marijuana has no place and this is Discovered by usage of marijuana as a born-again christian. One notices how the "spirituality" of pot is enmity toward the spirituality of God. Those who would say, "Oh i think pot increases my sprituality of God", deceive themselves.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The will is to the psyche, what the heart is to the body. Pot effects the will center in the brain. It is very yin and robs the yang-ness of the body/brain.  Yin is acidic and yang is alkaline. We need a balance of acid/alkaline in the blood stream... THC acidifies the blood (like sugar does) and thus affects the brain. I know someone who loves to get high on Fri. nights and then wonders why she feels lazy for the rest of the weekend.  Also, the metabolic after-effects stay in the body for seven days.
      Often the students ask me, as a sub, what I think of pot... I tell them its fine, if you want to put yourself in the category of "Special Needs", (even if it is apparently temporary.) But, I actually think there are long term effects; especially for teens whose brains are not fully developed. The frontal lobe is still forming until a person is 24. This is where the sense of time is, so the sense of time may be permanently affected. I wonder if it is even passed down through he genetic code!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)