I love it!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (31 posts)
  1. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

I like the new notification thing at the top of the page near the sign out button wink
    It's awesome. Just noticed it - how long has it been there?

1. profile image0
      Ari Lamsteinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We're glad that you like it smile

We released it to a small group of users yesterday morning.  We polished it over the next day, and it is now available for all users.  As was mentioned below, this feature was announced in a blog post last Saturday:

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/01/new-no … ne-coming/

Again, we're glad that you like it.

lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ari it surely is great wink
        Thanks for the awesome feature. Just read the blog post now cool

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

What notification thing?

3. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

I agree with WryLitt..... what notification thingy... lol

Have you been partaking of the student smoking sessions again lobobrandon??

4. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago

There was a blog post, HP rolled out a facebook/g+ style notification feature across the site, but its only live for a segment of users at this time

Oh wow I'm a few of the selected people. Hope it wasn't a random selection big_smile

Here's the image and LeanMan I never smoked in my life nor drank till date big_smile Don't be shocked lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6103288_f248.jpg

1. LeanMan profile image79
        LeanManposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nothing on my account, I guess I am not special enough.. lol

Never smoked either! Drinking - occasionally as I have a bar!!!

So what does it do or is it just a green splurge to decorate the page??

Nope it gives us updates when someone replies on forum posts that you are active on, comments on ur hubs and such stuff

Here's an example

LeanMan posted a reply to the forum thread I love it! 50 seconds ago

2. kannanwrites profile image93
          kannanwritesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Drinking - occasionally as I have a bar!!!

Hahaha.......really you have a bar!

2. kannanwrites profile image93
        kannanwritesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's a random selection, the blog post said it.

5. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 12 years ago

I just noticed it a few hours ago and wondered what it was... that was some thread I had participated in.

May have come up during my exams wink I was less frequent on the forums then

1. sofs profile image76
        sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, I believe this is something that came up today, I kind of mistook it for the notification on Google profile.. I double checked it because it was in green and not red.

Haha ok wink

6. Polly C profile image91
    Polly Cposted 12 years ago

I have it, first noticed it last night!

7. LoriSoard profile image64
    LoriSoardposted 12 years ago

I see it, too. What does it mean? Mine is a six.

8. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

Yes I have it on my other account, not this one, which is the one I use most!

Wow it updates without me needing to reload the page - awesome!
      Lori click the number and you'll see

9. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 12 years ago

I noticed this on my main account yesterday. Haven't checked the others yet.

What is it really?

10. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 12 years ago

Just clicked on it.

WOW!!

wink

11. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 12 years ago

Guess I'm not special enough!  I don't have it.

I guess it was given randomly big_smile

12. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Great!!!  I just clicked onto it and the whole room filled with Smoke! sad

And... When it goes back to 'o' it winks at you in a very creepy way!! yikes
    You know... like when a cat leaves the room with its tail up! sad

Why did they not release it on April 1st?

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. lobobrandon profile image88

Haha it's still beta I guess may be released officially to everyone on April 1st big_smile

13. LoriSoard profile image64
    LoriSoardposted 12 years ago

I clicked on it. It reminds me of the Facebook feed. Really nifty feature.

14. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 12 years ago

I've been using it for a time. It's great. Thanks.

15. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Totally loving it!  It's so much easier to tell you someone has commented on one of your hubs, too.  Thanks, HP!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)