Habee, Romney strapped dog to top of car and said he was unemployed.

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (112 posts)
  1. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 12 years ago

Habee, Rommney is a very flawed and stupid man. You would vote for him? Santorum is even dumber, as he fails to understand that state religion is false religion.

Both are losers. Seriously Habee. Romney strapped his dog to the top of the car and the dog ran away when they got to their destination. He told a group of unemployed people that he was unemployed when he was making millions in residual income.

The man is a pig. Face it Habee!!

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6272584_f248.jpg

2. Shanna11 profile image75
      Shanna11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

OMG, You mean Romney's not perfect? And Santorum's messed up a few times too? And what about Obama? I hear he messed up a couple of times too!

This is awful... I don't know how to react...my naive world is crumbling more rapidly than I can bear! I cannot BELIEVE imperfect men have the audacity to run for President and then hold office. That's sick... just sick!

1. gregas profile image82
        gregasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like your reply Shanna. As for Romney and Santorun being flawed and stupid and you don't understand why people would vote for them, Obama was voted in, all because everyone turned a blind eye to his flaws and stupidity. the really sad part is, so many people are ready to do that again. Oersonally, I don't like or trust any of them. I guess the people just have no choice but to vote for the lesst of the evils, if there is one. My opinion, Greg.

2. bgamall profile image68
        bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Romney is a serial messer upper. Santorum wants to war in the name of Christ, and of course Christ said his kingdom was not of this world. Santorum is a madman, sort of like the US version of the Taliban. Or else he is a liar and a conniver.

3. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well... Yeah can't really argue with that...

4. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh no, not the old dog-strapping rant! lol. The dog was in a carrier, and Mitt even had a windshield specially designed for the carrier. I once had a wolf-shepherd who LOVED riding on the roof of our pickup - without a carrier. I didn't allow the dog to do that, but my ex did. Just about every day the truck was parked in our yard, Blitz would jump up on the roof, hoping to go for a ride. And...technically, Mitt IS unemployed!

Liberals and other anti-Mitts like to make it sound like the dog was tied down to the roof of the station wagon.

Bgamall, tell us - who do you support for POTUS?

I am an independent. I support Obama, but only because he is for the Volcker Rule and against another housing bubble. Some Dems and most of the Repubs want another housing bubble ASAP. I think there will be one before 2020. It will hurt main street by robbing wealth.

BTW, we have a problem no matter which party wins. The oil speculation is controlled offshore in the Square Mile, the City of London. More people need to understand what they do and how evil they are. They push the price of Brent, the world oil standard up to 124 per barrel when the price of WTI in the US is 109. Now people want to export from the US (so much for energy independence) through the gulf of Mexico to take advantage of the Brent price. Guess what Habee, the oil that comes from Canada will be exported too!

I say make it illegal to export oil from the US to anyone since we are not energy independent! Neither party has the balls to do this. It means the speculators from the Square Mile, the mentors of Wall Street, win.

The Republicans are especially greedy about this, wanting the pipeline to go from Canada to Gulf of Mexico.

2. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even things I really, really, really like to do, I don't enjoy doing for 12 hours.

1. habee profile image93

Lol - depends on what it is!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Then you're not doing it right

1. rmcrayne profile image90
            rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great to bump into you again Ron big_smile

5. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can you accept the fact that Romney was joking about the unemployed remark?

Can you accept that he and the people he was speaking to all laughed?

Blatantly out-of-context.

Besides, it's much better to support someone who attended church their whole life listening to anti-American sentiment, and announced their candidacy in the house of a terrorist.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know Dubya was in Saudi Arabia visiting his dad's adopted family the king, when he announced his candidacy!  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

6. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Romney's bad, but Santorum and Gingrich are worse. Paul is in la-la land.

7. profile image0
      ctbrown7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, "he's stupid", "he's dumb", are now arguments in an adult forum.  Last time I checked ad hominem attacks aren't real arguments, but even your ad hominem attacks lack sophistication.  Who cares if he had his dog on top of the car--IT'S A DOG!

Some people think the creation will be redeemed, meaning that a dog's life is more valuable than most people who will not be redeemed.

Something to think about CT.

8. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Romney is a lying piece of s**t that will say anything to get elected. He condemed Obamacare which was modeled off of his Romney care. Romney helped wrte and push it through. He says things way out of context and won't admit he's wrong when proven. Is this what we want for a president? I rather vote for his dog.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Am I seeing this correctly?

This is a forum thread dedicated to ONE person's opinion, and calling the opinion stupid?

This has GOT to be against the rules.

It's against the rules when I do it.  I might be less equal than others here on the animal farm though.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep, it depends on who you are, and what status you hold here, whether or not something is a banning offense or not.  I can personally attest to this being the case. smile

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6187986.jpg

Me too....

But I'm trying to be .... less visible in political forums here...sometimes I have to take ten deep breaths, drown a puppy, or something to kill the angst!

1. habee profile image93

NO!!!! No puppy drowning! Take your anger out on Randy, instead. lol

Well just this once...I'll club baby seals instead :;

Habee and I are cordial always. This just continues a discussion regarding her trip to see Romney this weekend. I am not trying to disc her right to her opinion, just point out some flaws in her hero.

That is a lot better than you did when you reviewed my ebooks and told people to ignore me. That was wrong, Evan, and you know it.

This is what you wrote, Evan:

"I highly recommend ignoring altogether Anderson's work."

You also threatened to leave Business Insider if they did not stop publishing my point of view.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, that's called "reviewing books" and then "informing people that I don't like the authors that they publish".

I know free markets are tough to understand, but they're horribly competitive and relentlessly regulated.

But you did little explaining of your position. Perhaps you would do more so I could respond. You just did the minimum so the star was there. Actually sales picked up. Any review is better than none. Before the election I will make that ebook free because of you. Thanks little buddy. Thousands will read it.

3. Perspycacious profile image63
    Perspycaciousposted 12 years ago

Are we confusing animal husbandry and contraception with the Top 10 Issues for 2012?  Let him who is without any stupidity in their lives cast the first stone.

You don't strap your dog to the top of a car. It is an over the top lack of judgement from one you would hope would have a little judgement since his finger is on the nuclear button.

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

It's a big lack of judgement,  and what about animal cruelty?

1. profile image0
      idratherbeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Definately a lack of judgement. And I personally would consider it animal cruelty. I consider my pets as family members, and would never strap one of my dogs to the top of a car in a carrier. It's just wrong. There's no defending it. As for him being unemployed, I guess you could stretch the answer to saying he was, but then one would have to consider him retired, living off his passive Bain retirement fund which has generated him millions.

1. habee profile image93

Do you ever let your dog ride loose in the back of a pickup? It's common around here. I suppose a pet carrier on the roof would be safer. I wouldn't let my dogs ride on top of our truck, however. 340 pounds of dog might cave in the roof.

1. profile image0

Two wrongs don't make a right. Putting a loose dog in the back of a pickup is dangerous for the dog, putting a dog in a carrier on top of a roof is wrong.

1. habee profile image93

I understand your views on this. WhenI first read about it, which was on a liberal site, I thought the dog had been literally strapped directly to the roof of the vehicle, and I thought, "OMG! That's horrible!" Then, when I found out the dog was in a crate, I thought, "Well, that's not as bad, but what about the wind? Poor dog!" When I found out that Mitt had paid for someone to design a special windshield for the crate, I felt better about it, but I was still a little concerned. I've actually given this issue a lot of thought, perhaps because I'm such a dog lover. I've tried to think like my dogs. When we go on vacation, our dogs have to be boarded, and they hate it. They barely eat while we're gone, and they pout when we return. I'd bet just about anything if the furkids could talk, and if they had a choice of riding on the roof and joining the family on vacation, or staying behind in a kennel, they'd hop into that crate on the roof in a heartbeat! Even so, I still don't think this was a great idea on Mitt's part, but I don't think it's a huge issue, either. In fact, I don't find it anywhere nearly as troubling as Obama's stand on not protecting babies who survived abortions:

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/08/obama-and-infanticide/

1. profile image0

His stand was to protect the woman's right. She chose to abort and it was her decision to make, not mine, yours or President Obama's. How about Mitt's response to Rush calling ms Fluke a slut? Seems to me, he should have voiced against such attacks, not virtually say, "I would have chose different words." Personally, I don't find any of the two fields with a good choice of POTUS.

1. habee profile image93

The woman's right to choose abortion? Right, the women in question had abortions, but sometimes the pregnancies were so far along that some of the babies survived. So you think it's just okay to toss them in the garbage?

And no, I don't think Fluke is a slut, nor should she be considered one.

1. profile image0

I'm not seeing how far along the pregnancies were in your link? An argument could be at conception, or at any point of the developement of the fetus. So taking all this into consideration, President Obama decided not to sign the bill as it would make all forms of abortion illegal. Again, I feel this is a woman's decision, not a government decision. But again, your answer sways away from my original post. It seems when an answer isn't available it's easier to change the subject? So I'll ask again, why would Romney not condemn the attacking of Ms Fluke by Rush? He had three days of listening to Rush and chose to say, I would have chose different words. Even John McCain and Ron Paul condemned the statements. I give them Kudos. Mitt I five an "F", for failure to protect women's rights.

1. habee profile image93

No, it would not have made all forms of abortion illegal. Tell me, were you this upset when Palin and Ingraham were called c**nts and sl*ts by the left, including Letterman and Ed Schultz on MSNBC? I can't remember - did Obama condemn these guys?? If he didn't, he must be a misogynist. In fact, didn't Obama refer to Palin as a pig?

I've already answered your question. I don't know how you missed it - it's nine posts back. I said she should not have been called names and that Romney should have said that. Now, please answer my question.

I honestly don't have a problem with dogs in trucks, if it is for in town or fairly slow driving. Buzzing down the highway at 60 miles an hour seems dangerous to the dog.

5. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Pals, I appreciate the support, really. But I don't want bgamall to be banned for this. I'm proud to be a Mitten! I do think, however, that bgamall should share his idea of the perfect candidate with us. lol. It just has to be Obama, I think.

Oh, and Mitt isn't a pig. He's actually very thin. I've always heard that TV adds 5 pounds, but in his case, it adds about 40. I'm serious. I was shocked by how skinny he is. Ann is much thinner than she looks on TV, too.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Could you tell whether they were wearing the sacred underwear?

1. habee profile image93

I think they were wearing the sacred thongs - holy butt floss, Batman! lol

Lol, thin. I get it. But you are a Mitten? Ugh.

But you glossed over the unemployed episode and I wasn't satisfied with the answer.

But no sense changing your mind if you are a Mitten. All is lost. smile

1. habee profile image93

I feel the same way about your support for Obama, but hey, that's America! We all have the right to vote for the person who we think will be the best leader. My only problem with your original post is that you used ad hominem attacks on Romney. He's not stupid - check out his college records. Then you want to make a big issue out of the dog carrier, yet you have no problem with Obama's history on live aborted babies. Attack Romney on his views and policies, but not on something he did that pales in comparison to what Obama did. And to call Mitt "stupid" is just silly.

1. profile image0

Attack on his views, okay. Didn't come out and condemn Rush for his comments to a young college student.

1. habee profile image93

And he should have. But that post wasn't directed at you. See? I'm not like some people who never think their candidate does anything wrong. Not saying that you're one of these types, but I know a guy who thinks Obama can do no wrong, ever. I've never known a single politician with whom I agree 100%. In fact, I've never known ANY person I agree with all the time. Sometimes my dog and I even disagree. lol

1. profile image0

My dogs disagree from time to time also!lol Im just not sure it was just a mistake? His answer of, I wouldn't have chose those words, clearly showed he knew the issue at that point, but chose not to defend women. I can't imagine a parent with daughters condoning this back door exit from the issue. Then with Rush's 3 day continuing attacks on this young lady and her parents, still no response from him. At least Ron Paul and John McCain condemned Rush. They showed backbone!

3. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

bgamall needs to change his/her approach because it's not drawing any flies. Using vinegar won't get it...try honey instead.

1. habee profile image93

Hey, my mom always said that!

2. lovemychris profile image77
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You think Romney will?  Stick around.

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

When I go on long trips I insist that my dog do his fair share of the driving.
    He's got a bit of a lead foot, but other than that...
    smile

1. habee profile image93

Wouldn't that be great?? lol

7. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

"Habee, Romney strapped dog to top of car and said he was unemployed."

Somebody, please give that poor dog a job!  Then he'll be so busy, he won't have time to ride on top of a car, in the back of a pickup, or inside anyone's van.

1. Shanna11 profile image75
      Shanna11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL! I actually did laugh out loud at that one!

1. Aficionada profile image80
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

2. habee profile image93

LOL!! I wish I could "hire out" my 2 big boys. They'd be great for plowing or hauling logs!

Sounds impressive - what breed are they?

1. habee profile image93

Great Danes!

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5609726_f248.jpg

Awww, they are beauties!

1. habee profile image93

Thanks! They're my babies - especially the fawn one.

Big babies. smile I have little dogs. But sometimes they are too feisty, and they are terriers which makes them high strung. Your dogs look like well behaved dogs.

8. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 12 years ago

Hey guess what, Mitt Romney's sorry wife says she doesn't think she is wealthy. Her husband who said he was unemployed to a group of unemployed people made 42 million dollars in 2011. The Romney net worth is 200 million.

She is as bad as he is. She has no judgement. I guess to her you need to be a billionaire to be rich. She is a moron.

1. habee profile image93

Can you get your point across without name-calling?

As for my pooches, they're very well behaved. When you have a dog that big, you make sure it follows your commands! lol

I have the right to call her names. She says she doesn't feel rich and they brought in 42 million. She is flawed down to her bones. The only gone tomorrow that her cash could see is a flight into offshore bank accounts!

My terriers do not follow directions. Can you imagine a terrier mind being in a body of a dog like you have? Chaos.

Habee, she said to a Boston Globe reporter that she has horses in every port! OMG!

https://twitter.com/#!/mlevenson/status … 1924780033

1. habee profile image93

She's a fellow horse lover? Cool! I've always loved horses and have owned about 50 over the years.

In every port? A horse in every port? She is arrogant, and very Antoinette like.

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As much as I dislike Mitt, in the context that she said that, it was a fair statement.

She was talking about health, not money.

I think we can find plenty of more damning examples of both of them being out of touch, but I won't count that one.

A, but you forgot she also said she had a horse in every port. Must be nice. But don't flaunt it if you want your husband to be president.

1. Pcunix profile image91

I understand.  As I said, there is plenty to draw from - it's just that this particular attack is, imnsho, unfair.

I don't think it is unfair for this reason alone, it is a pattern of what they do.

3. profile image0

Why can't you reply to me bgamall?

Romney was joking about being unemployed. Is it really that bad for a presidential candidate to share some laughs with some citizens?

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If Romney is so stupid as to joke about the unemployed in a time when so many have lost so much and he has so much, then he himself is a joke.

1. profile image0

And the people that were joking with him are stupid too?

You're basically saying that it's not ok for Romney to share laughs with citizens.

You stretch credulity to another level. Jaxson you must be joking yourself. Step back and look at how it sounds. A man in the midst of making 42 million dollars in the year in which he jokes that he is unemployed, does not speak for good judgement. Again, this guy lacks good judgement.

1. profile image0

No, you need to step back and look at the situation.

He was sitting at a coffee table, talking to 8 people. They were talking about strategies for finding employment when Romney took his turn. Courtesy NYTimes:

“I should tell my story,” Mr. Romney said. “I’m also unemployed.”

He chuckled. The eight people gathered around him, who had just finished talking about strategies of finding employment in a slow-to-recover economy, joined him in laughter.

“Are you on LinkedIn?” one of the men asked.

“I’m networking,” Mr. Romney replied. “I have my sight on a particular job.”

Seriously. I think it's awesome for him to be talking to people like this. He's a real person, not just stuck to talking about what's on the teleprompter.

Well, I don't think he's awesome - I think he's a very typical greed and power driven s.o.b. - but I do agree that jumping on foolish things like this is not useful.

Moreover, it's harmful to the real debate.  When either side jumps all over nonsense like this, all it does is convince people like Habee that everything we might say about Romney or ANY GOP policy is suspect.

By being petty and distorting truth, we damage our own case and help perpetuate division.

I'm against Romney.  Right now, I'm against ANY GOP candidate.  I'm not crazy about the Dems, either, but they lean more in the direction that we should be moving toward.  I hate all this petty bickering about nonsense.

Also, everybody should read this:  http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-things-ri … saying_p2/

9. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

I personally like Ann Romney. Much like Laura Bush--she's the saving grace of her husband, IMO.

1. habee profile image93

I always liked Laura Bush, too. I don't see how she put up with W during his drinking years. Maybe she was on a mission from God. lol

10. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Speaking of this, some recent research suggests that we may someday be able to help GOP voters:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 210150.htm

Just joking folks.. well, not 100% joking but at least 95% smile

1. habee profile image93

Lol! Does it work on lib brains, too?

No, unfortunately we liberals are already perfect smile

At least liberals realize they are not being served by bankers who want to transfer wealth from main street to Wall Street. Habee, what you don't realize is that most conservatives do not act in their own interests, being willing to hurt their own financial positions and the positions of their class in order to vicariously ride the coattails of those who don't give a rats fanny about them.

Well, that's not necessarily true either.

Some people really believe the conservative pitch - basically that's what is good for big business is good for all of us. 

I think that's naive, but those people do believe they are voting in their own best interest.

They have been mesmerized by the conservative pitch. Just let them look at the numbers. Trillions in lost equity transferred to the banks.

1. lovemychris profile image77

"These people who think the country is going to get better if Obama is ousted are in for a rude awakening if that happens.

They are uneducated voters who bought into political spin by the GOP. They have successfully made them forget why we're in this mess... How the GOP has done everything in their power to make sure nothing is done in congress....

If the GOP gets in office at best we're going to continue with the slow recovery that we have now.... At worst we're going to get worse, fast and the income gap is going to get bigger and bigger.

You live in a fantasy world if you really think the GOP President is going to hit some magic switch and make it all better. The Bush tax cuts were supposed to spur job growth significantly when they were extended... Where is it?"

2. habee profile image93

Wrong. We pay a lot of taxes, and I hate how some of that $ is being wasted. Government is too big. On the other hand, I can understand how those who pay little or no taxes and/or benefit from a lot of government programs would vote D. Don't get me wrong - there are numerous gov. programs I support, and I don't mind my tax $ going for those. I want smaller, more efficient gov. - not an elimination of the federal government. I'm also very concerned about our debt, 15% unemployment, the housing market, gas prices, the Keystone pipeline, etc.

1. profile image0

8.3 unemployment, housing market i agree, gas prices by speculators not government, keystone pipeline to help Canada access oil and export, etc...There's plenty of blame to go around. It started with Reagan, continued with Clinton, continued with Bush, and looks to be continueing with Obama. So as you can see when one points a finger at another, they have 4 pointing back!

1. habee profile image93

Check the real figures. Enemployment is actually at 15%. People whose unemployment has expired/stopped looking for work aren't included in the lower figure. This article from last April in the Huffington Post explains:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-cle … 43783.html

I somewhat agree about the gas prices, but when gas rose under Bush, Obama and other Dems blamed Bush. What's sauce for the goose...

LMC, what did I say about gov. programs?? Read my post again. I am all for some gov. programs, but we have too many, and there's way too much fraud and abuse, along with red-tape bureaucracy. Don't confuse me with a Libertarian.

As for Big Business, Obama has been very cozy with BB and especially with Big Pharma.

The gas price speculation is out of the hands of any president for the most part. Some things can be done, but Brent Crude is pushed up in price due to the casino behavior of the Square Mile in London. That is the most powerful financial machine on earth with Wall Street a distant second.

Wall Street banks want to go there to gamble with fewer rules. We need to stop the Square Mile if we want to stop gasoline speculation.

1. profile image0

There are so many huge players that we can never know what they are doing. China has a $300 billion forex fund that can manipulate the prices of any currency, metal, or oil. Every central bank has the capability as well, and nobody can see their orders.

Really, there's no way to know what the international game is that is going on, but if you trade on forex, you'll frequently run into huge moves/stops that make no economic sense, but only political sense.

No, people in the oil business know that the speculation in Brent is what is going on. Takethe last couple of days, WTI was down from 109 to 104. Brent was down from 124 to 123. There is no correlation even though the world bad news was the same for both.

2. Pcunix profile image91

I'm sorry, but there isn't enough real waste to matter.

No company can run without waste.   No matter how big, no matter how small.

As to "too big", we have a big country.  Of course we need a big government.

SMALL government wastes money with needless duplication.  Small , local government is more subject to corruption.

History has shown us this time after time.  But GOP spin keeps lying to you.

11. Perspycacious profile image63

For many Americans, today sees an end to the shouting and finger shaking.  Today some actual votes get counted, and they will get counted again later this year.  Let's hope candidates are judged on more than the family dog or the color of their skin.  Hooray!

You can't equate racism with failure of judgement to take care of the dog.

1. Perspycacious profile image63
        Perspycaciousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very true. I was not equating them.  I was saying that neither one is appropriate, when we should be discussing ALL the qualities and abilities of candidates for the highest leadership responsibilities in our country.

Judgement decisions about dog treatment is very much appropriate. Very appropriate. We had a man who had fierce winds beating on his dog with a shield that gave little protection. This man has severe issues with judgement, like his wife with her horse in every port.

These people will help the rich and help the rich only.

1. habee profile image93

But you have no problem with babies still alive through abortion being dumped in trash cans. You have a rather strange set of priorities.

I have a problem with it. But I have a bigger problem with state religion. Even Christ opposed state religion when he stated that his kingdom was not of this world. You need to consider that those who equate the USA or any nation with religion are sacralists, Dominionists and are dangerously unChristian.

The list of those bozos includes Palin, Gingrich, W, Perry, Bachmann, etc., etc. Add neoconservatism to this religious bent and you have a loose cannon running the US.

12. lovemychris profile image77

"These people will help the rich and help the rich only."

2000-2008: On Steroids.

13. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 12 years ago

That's stretching the truth don't you think? So we go from dog on car, to birth control, now to aboration. I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and start ignoring this topic. This is getting no where other then one side defending by stating what the other did. And I mean both parties represented here are doing just that!

14. lovemychris profile image77

Who doesn't benefit from gvt programs?????

The problem is who benefits from gvt policies!
    Tax poliices to be exact.

And de-regulation policies.

This is what has enabled the top to get richer while the middle falls, and the bottom goes under.

The system needs to be up-ended...just like it was up-ended to benefit the wealthy and corporations!

1. profile image0

Well said! Anyone on any government program, whether it be disabilty, medicare, medicaid, food stamps, social security, ALL benefit from government programs!

1. lovemychris profile image77

AND...big business benefits from subsidies, rich people have benefitted from tax policies, banks have benefitted from de-regulation etc etc etc.

15. lovemychris profile image77

Nice article. Because,to me--this is where the waste is: Giving more tax breaks to people who make 21.5 BILLION dollars a year! Which Romney's plan would do.

All this wasted money...hoarding in Swiss banks, waiting for Mitt to lose the "death tax", so the wealth can go on and on in perpetuity. So then their kids will all come along, have it all handed to them, run for office, and make laws that gives them more!

This is waste.

End those tax cuts for the rich...deficit goes down, more money comes in to the pool.

We don't have to cut heating help for seniors on a fixed income.
    We don't have to make life untenable for a disabled kid.
    Maybe the infrastructure of our country can have some attention. etc etc etc

16. lovemychris profile image77

I'm very conservative when it comes to tax cuts. wink

The R's are way too liberal in giving it away, for me!

17. lovemychris profile image77

"All this wasted money...hoarding in Swiss banks, waiting for Mitt to lose the "death tax", so the wealth can go on and on in perpetuity. So then their kids will all come along, have it all handed to them, run for office, and make laws that gives them more!"

Here's an example:

"the Karimovs hold huge sums of money in offshore bank accounts, and that the family has been buying up real estate in several different countries including Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain and the United Arab Emirates.

The Karimovs are keen to put their money in countries which they believe are safe havens for their capital, including Spain and the UAE in this category.

Asked how are the Karimovs are making their money, Horton replied that for anyone wanting to learn how a kleptocratic government operates, then the Karimov regime would be a prime example to study.

“President Islam Karimov’s family have converted to their private use that which I would call state opportunities,” said Horton. “In other words, through granting licences, the privatisation of state assets, controlling foreign exchange, banks, business concessions, the export of natural resources.”

http://therearenosunglasses.wordpress.c … resources/

18. Perspycacious profile image63

The Beatitudes are always good reading, especially appropriate to some recent political discussions, negative ads, etc., they call to mind Matthew 5:22.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)