On this day...I would like to Honor:

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (32 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Kudos, Manly! Was this your son?

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

habee...he was my step-son. However, I was the one who has learned from his actions...and have the distinct honor to be able say so!

2. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

May he rest in peace, and be always remembered for the honor with which he served his country.

3. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I am saddened by your loss and I thank God for your stepson and the others like him that have made the ultimate sacrifice for the cause of freedom.

4. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oif … leroy.html

I mourn your loss.  I will always remember.....

5. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Always thankful for those who serve America in our Military.
    I have a family member in the Marines now.

Sorry for your loss, manlypoetryman.

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

May he rest in peace proud of his sacrifices. I am sure proud of thim. thank you for sharing this MPM

7. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

It is because of the sacrifices of men like him that I may live free. God Bless him.

Thanks for posting this Manly. I'm sorry for your loss.

8. Chaotic Chica profile image59
    Chaotic Chicaposted 14 years ago

military members often do not get the credit they deserve~even after death.  Your loss is for our gain, thank you and I'm sorry are never going to be enough but it's all we've got.  So thank you and yes, I'm sorry for your loss.

9. Faybe Bay profile image64
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

May he rest in peace, and may his memory live on, for those who do not know what it is to fight and die for your country. He was so young, and laid up his life, for what he believed in. I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing him with us, that we might know his selflessness; An example to all.

10. profile image0
    sophsposted 14 years ago

My thoughts are with you Manly, this brought a tear to my eye, so young to be taken away sad may this young honourable man rest in peace xo

11. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

You have my family's deepest heart felt sorrow and ultimate respect for your son, for you and for such a great loss. The honor is ours to provide in recognition of his service and that he offered all, for our freedom and safety. Thank you.

12. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

This one should stay near the top

13. Padrino profile image61
    Padrinoposted 14 years ago

"Here's health to you and to our Corps
    Which we are proud to serve
    In many a strife we've fought for life
    And never lost our nerve;
    If the Army and the Navy
    Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
    They will find the streets are guarded
    By United States Marines."

From The Marine Corps Hymn

14. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

That was wonderful!!! You have honored this young man and many blessing to you! smile

15. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Nicely done! smile

16. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I don't know what to say to this thread, or how to say it, so here's the core of what I can't word well enough:

Respect
    Gratitude
    Honor
    Sorrow

17. Arthur Fontes profile image74

"I owe you my life .thanks to you Im still here."
    Sgt Camron Sims of Little Rock , AR

"leroy years later and I still miss you brother... may you be up there guarding the gates of heaven as you defended us here against the men from hell! you are and will always be a true friend."
    Sgt Reyna, Jose J of Camp Pendleton, Ca/ Houston, Tx

"hero he was and a hero forever, im a soldier in iraq i just wanted to say thanks to leroy and his family for his sacrifice as well as there's i ran across this memorial website hey leroy i didnt get the pleasure of meeting you but i know you are still here with all of us watching are backs and showing us to saftey god bless your soul."
    PFC sehnert of kirkurk,iraq

From the Fallen Heroes Memorial concerning Marine Pfc. Leroy Sandoval, Jr.

18. Arthur Fontes profile image74

was there right next to Leroy at his last moments as his squad leader.It's been hard to cope with the losses of the marines in my charge.But what I never got to say to Leroy was thanks for giving me the chance to keep on living.To come home to see my wife and family by you giving the ultimate sacifice.For not leaving your M-240gulf machinegun when the platoon came under an intense ambush.By you sticking to your gun and supressing the enemy gave all of us that second breath.I cannot say thank you Leroy cause that just would not be no where near enough.

Sgt Camarillo/USMC
    Fox Company 3rdPlt
    2nd Blt 1st Mar"
    Pedro Camarillo Jr of Poteet , Tx USA

"Leroy Was My Second Cousin...We Here In
    Fresno And Woodland California Are Very
    Proud Of Our Brave Cousin...God Bless Leroy And All Our Heros."
    Abel G. Sandoval of Fresno, California

"Leroy,
    Man he was a good friend back at home when I was still living in South Houston. Man could that boy party! I miss you man. When I found out that you were taken from us I was like "Nah, can't be Leroy! He would have never joined the Marines!" But needless to say you did after me and Aaron joined. Leroy was a person you could depend on and was there for you at any time day or night. We will rally up again brother. Semper Fi Leroy..... you are missed"
    Cpl Reyna, Jose J of Camp Pendleton, Ca

"Leroy Sandoval and I were good freinds in Boot Camp. I first heard about Sandoval's death while I was in Okinawa last year. I remember the goose bumps that overcame me at the thought of it. I remember Leroy probably more than any other Marine in Mike Company MCRD. The thing about Leroy is that he couldn't keep a straight serious face for the life of him. All the military bearing in the Marine Corps couldn't keep a smile off that boys face. I remember before we would go to bed, all the Marines would be lined up in rows facing eachother in our whitey tighties. Leroy was just across from me. We would make funny faces at eachother to get eachother to laugh. We would usually succeed and get the whole Platoon in trouble. Sandoval was my boot camp road dog and I'll never forget him. One time we went on a "Working party" just him and I too clean an empty squad bay. We mopped and told stories about why we joined the Corps, all our old dirt, told jokes and laughed. It was the most human I felt the entire time I was in boot camp. I remember his beady little eyes and happy smile. I can feel you up there Sandoval looking at me while I write this. You will always be remembered and you will forever be my friend.
    Rest in Peace brother, in the presence of all the angels and saints, may your soul continue towards heaven, mercy and grace grow inside you forever. Peace to your family, loved ones and all the Marines who follow you in loving memory."
    Sgt Price of Camp Pendleton, CA USA

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness Arthur,

How sad what an honor that you are thanking him and sending condolences to his family too.

I wish to take the time and Thank you to for serving our Country, keeping all of us out of harms way and protecting our freedom. I wrote a poem on HP about our military and what it meant to be an American, amongst the hubs it is there. I am and will always be proud to be an American. Thank you again Arthur!

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
        Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is a special place in my heart for all our men and women in uniform.

19. DevLin profile image60
    DevLinposted 14 years ago

Semper Fi, and Rest in Peace.

20. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

http://josephkaroki.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/marine-corp-drill-team1.jpg

Thank you to everyone for leaving a comment about Leroy...and Thank you to All those who Serve!

http://www.usmarinecorps.zoomshare.com/files/usmc.gif

21. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

He has my utmost respect.

22. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Thank you Leroy for your Volunteer Spirit. For your Bravery. For your Selflessness. For doing what needed to be done when you were called on! Thank you for your dedication to your own personal calling. Thank you for the laughter and smiles. Thank you for being the kind of Marine Hero...that Marine Heroes Aspire To Be! Thank you for Always being Faithful. Thank you for teaching us back home about courage, honor, and devotion. Thank you for protecting all your Marine corp buddies. Thank you for showing the enemy why it only takes One Marine to change the outcome of any Battle! Thank you for the Legacy you leave in your family, friends, classmates, and fellow Marines.

There has never been a Marine quite like you...even though there are many that are similiar. You put everything on the line for what had to be done at that moment and time. I do not understand this kind of Courage in a Young Man...but that's OK.
    I didn't have to understand. You understood well enough to show the whole world. Leroy...You're Spirit is Unstoppable!

Thank You, Leroy!

(posted once again on: March 26, 2011)

23. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

On March 26, 2012...I made a mistake. I usually write something about our Marine on that day. Something that I hope will be profound...Something to remember him about. However, after 8 years since he left us (on this same date) through a combat ambush in Iraq...I sat back and let it all go quiet. I did...what I so often hint at others doing...in some of my writings. I let what he did go quiet.

Now...I would just like to humbly and passionately say something good for "ALL" the young people who have served us...so well! These young people volunteered for all of us around...and many did so... after 9/11. Our Marine did after 9/11...through a calling he had. Much like all our wonderful young volunteers. He put it all on the line....He went right into the fire...and he returned fire...solely by himself to aid fellow Marines with covering fire. He was a remarkable young person. And he...and all of them...should not be forgotten. It was them...not our political leadership...that went where they were told to go...and did...what they signed up to do. And I guarantee you that they gave it their "ALL"!

In a Nation...that talks about who was traded here and there, what a celebrity just tweeted, and which candidate said what...heading into the election...with much excitement...We could also take the time to be reminded...for what ever War...and whatever conflict...that: "We are at we are at today...on the back's of many young people". No matter what the outcome...the young people went to serve. Serve our Country. Whatever the reason...they still went to serve us. They are our true heroes...our true celebrities. Thank you to "ALL" that serve. Thank you especially to those who gave their "ALL" for us...whatever the reason! Thank you to Leroy!

"ALL Gave Some...Some Gave ALL"

24. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 12 years ago

Here, Here

Nod your head in prayer for those who have fallen, then raise your eyes to the heavens in thanks for those that serve, and never forget the sacrifice, courage and fortitude provided by so few for the liberty and Freedom of so many.

Lord grant the fallen son of our friend a soldier’s peace in heaven and provide his family the solace of knowing he is in place war cannot touch, hate cannot tarnish and tranquility is forever his home.

Words of prayer amidst tears from another military father, you have my greatest respect

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, readytoescape...The most important thing is exactly as you said it:

"raise your eyes to the heavens in thanks for those that serve, and never forget the sacrifice, courage and fortitude provided by so few for the liberty and Freedom of so many."

25. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

"First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden today marked the one year anniversary of the launch of Joining Forces with an event on the South Lawn of the White House, and Mrs. Obama used the occasion to renew her call of action, and challenged all Americans to keep finding new ways to show their support for military families."

http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/2012/04/ … ul-nation/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)