Should a Christian have reservations about their faith?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (91 posts)
  1. Claire Evans profile image62
    Claire Evansposted 12 years ago

I have heard Christians say, "I serve Jesus but I am not 100% sure He is the son of God..."

Is this acceptable? How can one be grateful what Jesus did for us not even knowing for sure He did it?? Isn't this a case of, "I will be a Christian just in case there is a God and so I don't have to go to hell"?

One cannot have a real relationship with Jesus without being 100% sure that He is the son of God.

1. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How does anyone know what he did for us? What did they do to him? Is the question.

Claire Evansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The question is not how but what.  A Christian should know 100% that Jesus is the son of God and that He died for our sins and resurrected from the dead.

1. mischeviousme profile image61
          mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you not realize how that sounds from a critical angle? If Jesus was the only child of God, what the hell are the rest of us doing here?

Jesus is the Son of God because He assumed the role of the son but was God incarnate.  He was 100% divine and 100% man.  We are also children of God but we don't have divinity in us.  Jesus gave us an example of how to have a relationship with the Father.  God doesn't love Jesus more than He loves us.

If we weren't here on earth, Jesus need not have come into existence as there would be no people who sin.

1. getitrite profile image70
              getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is so confusing that it must be questioned.  How can something be more than 100% of itself?  And how can you become your OWN son, and still be you...AT THE SAME TIME?????

Now you're talking about God and Jesus as if they are two SEPARATE beings.  Every rational person should have mucho reservation about these bizarre, baffling Christian teachings.   

But He was always in existence, as He is also His Father, God.  Right?!  How can something be the same...yet...not the same...yet....
                                                   http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae225/david54yahoo/th_question-mark.jpg

I was confused, too, when someone pointed this out to me.  However, God is a supernatural being and can be two and one at the same time.  Being God incarnate, He was 100% divine but He assumed the role of a complete man. 

Jesus said that He and the Father are one.  An egg has the shell, yolk and the white.  They are one unit.  Take the shell off and it becomes a separate part but is still part of the egg. 

What I meant by Jesus coming into existence is God coming to earth in the form of man. 

It is complicated, I know, but the supernatural is not rational.

1. getitrite profile image70

Oh!  You mean like magic.

I'm part of my father, as well, but are my father and I the same being?  If I talk to my father, am I talking to myself? 

So God disguised Himself as a man, called Himself Jesus, and subsequently, sacrificed himself to himself.  That means that Jesus never really existed, because it was God in disguise. 

So why should we believe without reservations?  Oh! I forgot....

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv88/LadyFaithful/cooltext34152955.gif

Which is God, too...and which adds even more confusion. 

God please help me, to be scared and gullible enough to accept, as TRUTH, what most rational people see as pure nonsense!!! sad

Amen

You aren't exactly a supernatural being, are you?

What makes you think He sacrificed Himself to Himself? He sacrificed Himself for man to sin.  If you accept that Jesus and God are one, then you can't say He never existed at all.  John says that Jesus is the Word and the Word existed from the being.

Pray to God to give you the truth so that you won't have reservations.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
              A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's funny when believers say such things without understanding what it is they're saying. Nowhere in scriptures are percentages evident, especially those percentages that contradict one another.

1. profile image0
                Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure the percentage is evident in Scripture.
                You can learn more if you read
                Acts 17: 29
                Romans 1: 20
                and in particular to this discussion,
                Romans chapter 2, verse 9 clearly speaking to this issue.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Romans 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile

Sorry Brenda, I have no idea what you're talking about. Where does those verses speak of percentages?

1. profile image0

Sorry;  I posted one reference wrong.
                    I meant Colossians 2: 9 instead of Romans 2: 9.

2. kerryg profile image83
      kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I guess it depends on how you define Christian. If you take a doctrinal approach, yes, people who believe Jesus is not the Son of God aren't Christian by the definitions of most Christian sects. (Look up non-Trinitarianism for some of the exceptions.)

However, you don't have to believe that Jesus was the son of God to recognize that He was a great teacher with a lot of very wise and valuable things to say about how people should live their lives and relate to one another, and in that sense, it's perfectly possible to "serve Jesus" without believing He's the son of God.

Good point.  Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe Jesus is the son of God.  They should acknowledge Jesus as the son of God to be called Christian.  Why do believe ignore the original tenets of a religion?

I'm glad you point "serve Jesus" in inverted commas because you can't serve a dead man.  You can try and simulate their conduct on earth, though.  Some may admire Gandhi and try and be like him.

1. kerryg profile image83

"Why do believers ignore the original tenets of a religion? "

Well, for starters, calling "Jesus is the Son of God" one of the "original tenets" of Christianity is overstating it a bit. Non-Trinitarians of various sorts (some that consider Him the Son of God, some that don't) have been around pretty much since Jesus died. There were LOTS of different interpretations of who exactly Jesus was and what exactly had happened to him after the crucifixion in the early days of Christianity.

Trinitarianism wasn't codified as the "correct" interpretation until the First Council of Nicea in 325, nearly 300 years after Jesus's death, and obviously there are still some sects who disagree with its conclusions.

What were these other tenets that existed during the time of Paul? I think trinitarianism is considered correct because the Bible says, "The Father, the son and the Holy Spirit".  That's the trinity.

Yes, but the Bible doesn't specifically refer to them as being one. That's an interpretation of some passages that seem to conflate God and Jesus and some other passages that seem to conflate God and the Holy Spirit, and it's an interpretation that people have been disputing for more than 1500 years (some to the point of dying for their beliefs, as the Catholic Church persecuted non-trinitarians quite vigorously throughout the Dark Ages and Middle Ages). At the current rate, people will probably still be disputing it 1500 years from now.

John 10:30 says:

"I and the Father are one.”

I'm not sure why it is hard to understand this.

"I and the Father are one" is two, not three, thus it would appear to support the Binitarians, not the Trinitarians. wink

Also, the Arian argument about John 10:30 was that Jesus used the same word for one (hen) there that he did a little while later in John 17:21 when praying for His disciples (“That they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they may be in us.”), so the Arians argued that Jesus didn't literally mean that the disciples would all become one and therefore didn't literally mean that He and God were one either.

John is the most disputed of the four Gospels anyway, since it was written substantially later than the others, was probably NOT written by John himself, and contains a lot of stuff that isn't consistent with the other three, so some Christian sects put much less importance on him than the mainstream Catholic and Protestant churches do.

You should really read up on non-Triitarianism. You don't seem to know much about it and it's really got a lot of fascinating stuff about the early history of the church and the different ways different groups have interpreted Scripture.

In Matthew 28:19, it says:

"Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit..."

So John doesn't digress from this.

3. 50 Caliber profile image59
      50 Caliberposted 12 years agoin reply to this

First off let me preface this with "I do not like the Label "Christian" and I don't participate in "churchianity" or rather "organized religion".
      It is my experience that the 1000 and one are not all Dalmatians. (pun on some movie title) they are comprised of human concepts that add to or take away parts of the teachings of Christ, written after his death and resurrection, ultimately followed by his ascension upward into the sky. Each often believe that God lives at their church and they have to have that building so he can sleep until the next day of worship and every one shows up and drones a few tunes, listens to creative prayers from some poor bastard that gets called on, in atmospheres where there are clicks of people who get together and break off to many Sunday school classes in the same church, as they cannot even come together as one for 45 minutes once a week.

Now you asked:   "Should a Christian have reservations about their faith?"

I do not have reservations on John 3:16
      16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ( [1] unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
      Or
      Mathew 25: 31-46
      31When the Son of Man comes in His glory (His majesty and splendor), and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.

32All nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them [the people] from one another as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats; a

33And He will cause the sheep to stand at His right hand, but the goats at His left.

34Then the King will say to those at His right hand, Come, you blessed of My Father [you [1] favored of God and appointed to eternal salvation], inherit (receive as your own) the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you [2] brought Me together with yourselves and welcomed and entertained and [3] lodged Me,

36I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me [4] with help and ministering care, I was in prison and you came to see Me. b

37Then the just and upright will answer Him, Lord, when did we see You hungry and gave You food, or thirsty and gave You something to drink?

38And when did we see You a stranger and welcomed and entertained You, or naked and clothed You?

39And when did we see You sick or in prison and came to visit You?

40And the King will reply to them, Truly I tell you, in so far as you did it for one of the least [ [5] in the estimation of men] of these My brethren, you did it for Me. c

41Then He will say to those at His left hand, Begone from Me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels!

42For I was hungry and you gave Me no food, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink,

43I was a stranger and you did not welcome Me and entertain Me, I was naked and you did not clothe Me, I was sick and in prison and you did not visit Me [6] with help and ministering care.

44Then they also [in their turn] will answer, Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?

45And He will reply to them, Solemnly I declare to you, in so far as you failed to do it for the least [ [7] in the estimation of men] of these, you failed to do it for Me. d

46Then they will go away into eternal punishment, but those who are just and upright and in right standing with God into eternal life.

I think the Father, Yahweh, the son Yahshua, and the Holy Spirit accepts there will exist doubt mixed into faith. If we had 100% Faith and lived sin free then we would be in the original Garden, naked and unknowing we were naked.
      So doubt has sprung up from creation in the beginning and is pushed at us every day via media that has proliferated the lives of almost every culture. It has changed what people view as acceptable in just about everything we see and do.
      The Bible has changed into different translations of easier read words for some like the "Amplified" version I used.
      but, let me get simple, because I think the verses above cover the have to understands, in my opinion.
      The solid truth lies in your heart, if your heart is a loving heart, the greatest commandment. If your faith is strong enough that you pray, then pray for understanding and filling of the Holy Spirit and pray unceasingly. You can and my experience was a filling of my heart that indeed all that I read but didn't understand was given to me, just months ago, when I stopped praying for gain or basically using prayer for a fire extinguisher to put out fires of the flesh. I prayed for a spiritual understanding of 6 decades of information pushed at me. It was knowledge I didn't know I even retained, but I gained understanding and in the course of 6 days it worked into my mind recalling things I didn't remember reading. On the seventh day I rested and prayed thanks.
      I now have peace and so much more, all arguments and belittling comments from the dark forces amongst us, only makes me pray that all get the blessing of understanding, removing the doubts and making the best of my knowledge part of a testament that I can deliver with freedom of the flesh, it is no longer a concern to me.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is right brave of yer random religionist hiding her real name.

Odd how many of you religionists choose to hide behind fake user names and photos.

Tells me a lot about a person who is that scared to be themselves openly.

Where did you steal that photo for your avatar? I thought stealing was a sin punishable by eternal torment - guess you dun proved that is not the case.

Thanks. wink

Completely irrelevant comment.

Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not at all. Sorry you did not understand.

2. getitrite profile image70

Wow!  Ask a simple question, and get all this nonsense.  Get real, dude.  This is a forum.

This question doesn't warrant a simple answer! Forums are for discussions where sharing opinions beliefs, facts, etc, are encouraged.  I think Twitter would be better for you.

3. Claire Evans profile image62

Of course doubt springs up but that is a mere ploy by the devil.  It should only be momentarily.  However, one cannot live day by day not sure if Jesus is the son of God or not. 

Thanks for your comment! Continuous prayer is always the answer to a failing faith!

4. heavenbound5511 profile image64
      heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost/Spirit.1 Corinthians 12:3

This is by choice we can do this and accept Jesus as our Lord according to Romans 10. I would tell that person that doesn't know for sure the truth about Jesus Christ our Lord,savior,Son Of God to ask God to fill them with His Holy Spirit in Jesus name. This is something that the spirit of God has to reveal and give revelation on. If we ask for wisdom God will give it to us also-in Jesus name and won't withhold from anyone who truly wants Godly wisdom.
      Jesus reveals himself to us if we just ask for it. Some cases it comes down to we have not because we ask not.
      But it is so very important to study and know why Jesus came, what he came to do and what rights we have because of Jesus Christ. Were dead/separated from God because of sin, because God is Holy and can't have sin in his presence so Jesus died for our wrong doings/ trespasses so we can have a relationship with God.

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? Luke 11:13 (Just ask In Jesus name)

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.Ephesians 1:17

Now this one reveals to us that is by the spirit of God we obtain wisdom & revelation- even that they are described as the spirit of wisdom & revelation is so cool because all we have to do is ask for it in Jesus name! God is awesome!

Faith equals to trusting God, believing He is faithful to do as he said-so we should just ask in Jesus name trusting he will give it to us & than God will make it manifest in our lives bottom line!

Thanks. smile

5. profile image0

Agreed.  No reservations whatsoever (at least ultimately, as we grow in the Spirit and knowledge of who God is).   In our humanity, we will have some doubts about lots of things, as "doubting Thomas" did.  But when we're saved, we will begin at some point to walk in the knowledge of the Spirit that's within us (the Holy Spirit).

Since we have the New Testament, which confirms and brings the Old Testament to its fulfillment, we must believe Jesus is the Son of God in order to be a Christian.  Because, without a Savior, there is no true Christianity.

Actually, and ultimately, we must also recognize the Christ for (not "just" the Son of God), but for the God He is as illustrated in the book of John.  That's an enlightening conclusion to which all Christians will come to.  One CAN initially miss that particular bit of info and still be a Christian, but as we grow in the knowledge of the Lord and the Bible we will draw that conclusion (that Jesus was "with God" in the beginning (a manifestation of God), that He is divine and all power is given to Him in heaven and on earth---ergo He is God).

1. Realnews profile image60
        Realnewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Im sorry yesua said he was not god,,, the reason he was killed was some moron said he was god,,  you better study more than a book that the first adition of the new testament was burnt,,, and had to be rewritten,,, the new testiment is the double ege sword,,, you can look at it the way you are and be wrong,,, or you can study all the books and make sence out of all of it,,, but you cant study one and get the right answer...

1. profile image0

You said one thing kinda right---the word of God is actually MORE sharp than a  double-edged sword.  And it proceeds from the mouth of God just like Jesus proceeded from the Father.   How ironic that, indeed, it cuts to ".......the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4: 12).

Yes, Jesus is called the High Priest.  And (and but) He is also noted and touted as God by the Prophets.  The New Testament (and the Old!) must all be read in context, and the overall context taken as conclusion.

6. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A true "Christian" would never make such a statement, for a true Christian serves both in "Faith" and by their "Faith"  You cannot have your cake and eat it too, or as you well put it call yourself a "Christian" just in case. That is being a hypocrite and God and Jesus will not recognize the hypocrite, except for their hypocracy.

Jesus tells us that "Many will cryout Lord Lord, but I know them not."

Agreed.

7. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
      Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The way I see it, is if one doubts their belief, then it isn't a belief.

I don't know...belief leaves room for doubt.  I think saying Jesus IS the son of God as 100% truth is more than a belief.

8. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Of course this is acceptable because it's honest. If one says they believe without a doubt Jesus died for our sins and is the sun of God they aren't being completely honest with themselves. Unless I miss my guess it is said that even Jesus has some doubt in the end. To doubt is human and shows intelligence. If you lie about even doubting Jesus you are also lying to yourself. I'm sure there are just as many definitions of what a christians is as there are christians. I personally think the best definition is one who is Christ like. But you know what Gandhi said "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Claire Evansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How do you know we aren't being honest? Maybe we have proof you don't have.  Jesus never doubted the Lord was His Father or that He was the son of God!

1. profile image0

You don't have proof because I don't have proof. If the proof is in you head then it's not proof it a feeling or a thought. Kind of like when people thought the world was flat.

You have no idea what was going on in the head of someone 2000 years ago. No Idea. Plus the story goes Jesus was flesh and blood and he had to experience being human. Well then he would have experienced doubt. Don't go telling me or any one else you know was Jesus thought. You don't even know for sure what he said.

Just because you don't have proof doesn't mean I don't.  You aren't familiar with the spiritual world.  It's not just feelings or thoughts, it is actually seeing God manifest in my life through events and other people.

I have never experienced doubt that Jesus is the son of God.  He from a divine being would know.  Any doubt would have been a temptation from Satan.  He knew the thoughts of others and thus it wouldn't be too hard for Him to know whether He is the son of God or not.  Right to His death He asserted it as fact.

1. profile image0

Oh were you there?

No, but the Holy Spirit is here.

1. profile image0

Really, have him call me.

2. Chris Neal profile image79
                Chris Nealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, she wasn't. But others were and they reported what they saw and heard.

1. profile image0

From what I understand aside from the bible there is no documented evidence of Jesus ever being alive. I'd like to think he was alive, but given that four accounts of his life are all different and written between 30 and 100 years after his supposed death. I can be sure what happened.

1. Chris Neal profile image79

The accounts are not as different as you might think, and the real question is not if they were written way after His death, but if they were written by men who actually saw Him (as John directly claimed, and Peter was claimed for by Mark, and Matthew did.)

And the Gospels were not the earliest writings. They come first in the New Testament because they are the books that are directly about the Life of Jesus. Many of Paul's writings actually predate the Gospels and Acts.

2. Claire Evans profile image62

No documented evidence for Jesus outside the Bible? Look that up and you will see you are wrong.

9. Chris Neal profile image79

Amen! I agree completely!

10. profile image0
      Emily Sparksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

O yes, for sure!  You cannot be truly born again if you don't fully believe on Jesus Christ as the Son of God! smile

11. Attikos profile image82
      Attikosposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In the western world, we're all heirs of Descartes. We all have doubts, questions and failings. The message of Christ is that God loves us anyway, He already has paid the price for that and our other human shortcomings, and our salvation is secure regardless. Read Julian of Norwich. Be joyful, for all will be well, and all will be well, and all will be well.

Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is joyful about this? Believing drivel like this is why there are so many fights caused by your religion.

2. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 12 years ago

Got to agree with you here claire.

A person is not a christian unless they truly believe jesus died for their sins.

3. Druid Dude profile image58
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Yeah...because EVERYONE is following after the beast.

4. Bob Zermop profile image68
    Bob Zermopposted 12 years ago

I am personally Daoist and atheist, but I respect the right of everyone to believe whatever they wish. Just wanted to open with that.

In an attempting to be unbiased sort of way, again not Xtian, I would still think it would be healthy to have a degree of skepticism. How else would you be able to grow your beliefs and your thinking? I do have friends who are devout Xtians, and they don't cling blindly to their faith, I can vouch for that, even if I can't agree with their thinking.

5. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

@ts that is first step...when one neither serves jesus nor accepts jesus as son of god , that person is growing up spiritually...

6. Realnews profile image60
    Realnewsposted 12 years ago

People research what they are told through out their life,, and it does not go together.. his name was not jesus but yesua,,, christianity has existed since before the ten commands...  yesua didnt die for our sins,, he dyed to prove he was real, and what he was teaching was real,, he changed some things in that time,, one was the vail, and having to talk thru some one else to get forgivness,, we dont have to do this no more,  the other is being stoned to death when you commit a sin ,, this is where he dyed for your sins comes from....  it is still our responsability to correct ourself,, we have been givin our life time to do so,, insted of being put to death at the time of our sin,, ...  yesua was coceived the same way his cousin john (the one that paved the road for him) was conceived. people wrote the Bible,, and it is a very important tool... for people and the ones in power... the road is very narrow,,,  and very hard to go down... he did make one command,,,, love your enemies as i have loved you.... he was talking to his desiples that he just told how they where going to disown him and bring him to his death...  he died for the very people that killed him,, and told them before it happend...

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@realnews how can christianity exist before 10 commandments?...Christianity is personality centric religion...judaism is original structured monotheistic religion in that zone...

Look at the symbols for christianity....  look on the walls of egypt,,,, look at the command that says,,, have nothing of the earth or heaven to represent me....   the gentiles moses saved called the god of egypt christ.. this makes them followers of christ,, and that makes them christians.... fact!!!!!!

@realnews u looked it correctly but interpretated wrongly...it doesnot mean christianity existed before moses , what it shows is what influenced christianity....in end all faiths are human product...

moses would have been killed if he said god was christ...YAWEH is only allowed name in judaism and christ is false prophet according to jews...

No biblical scholar , historian could find christianity to be older than judaism and that is historical fact...

Im sorry ,,, it did exist ,, yaweh only means IAM.... their is no earthly name for the creator,,  thats because they only read and cant think...  scholars,, and teachers and educated people,,, only know what some one told put in a book...  the answer is in alot of books...   dont think the powers of the world are going to give you the truth,,, if they did... you would go against them.. its real easy.. evil runs the world,,, I just give you some answers.. i dont argue.. and im not writing a book... look at things a diffrent way....

@realnews excellent...so u know the truth...good for u...

Christianity has not existed before the 10 commandments.  That would mean it preceded Judaism and that just isn't so.  Why do you believe He didn't die for our sins and what makes you think He wasn't conceived immaculately? He did not die for just those who slew Him.  He died for all our sins.

@claire nope he didnt die for our sins...he died for his conviction...many die even today for that...this sin concept comes from jews concept...repent...nothing to do with actuality and more to do with what jews went through and what they interpreted...easy to understand but we make it difficult by taking it far too seriously...

But how did you come to your interpretation?

very good question...i acknowledge u for that...it is very very simple process...view how religions evolved ...from natural forces as god to multiple god with idea of single god...study of jews history , what they went through, how they reacted to their situations , their coming up with yaweh concept and how it shaped them...jesus was no different...he belonged to same repent programmed jews...

holistic approach of human culture , how faiths evolved ...

2. Realnews profile image60

He did dye for our us.... to show us what he taught was the truth,,, he even told the ones that wherre going to bring him to his death,, that they where.. at the last supper.... you have to figure it out yourself,,, people are lazy,, they want some one else to do what they have to do,, figure all the gods out,, and who they are... they are gods of the earth... the creator is god of all.... and has no name... the gods of the earth are the fallin angels.. study... most people will never figure it out,,, thats why it says only a few,,,

@realnews now what has showing what he taught was truth to do with death of someone....what it shows is that a man died because he believed that he had truth...much like present day people who die because of belief that they know the truth...dying for conviction is not new and many including jesus died for that...

its perfectly normal phenomena...neither death of jesus solved anything , nor living jesus could have solved anything...yes his ideas where revolutionary...he would have been socialist icon if he existed today....

if you have looked,,, you would understand... look in a diffrent way..  and again,, you are showing the xample on why,, only a few.....

@realnews i congratulate u on being among "few"...i am ok with not being with "few"...

I agree ,, stay with the majority... I am among few,,, that are greator than the majority....

@realnews greater or superior?...good for u that u r greater than me and people like me...good for u...

7. Dionilda profile image60
    Dionildaposted 12 years ago

My pastor says confusion is one of the devils works. It is also said if you dont read the bible often enough and pray often you will lose your relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Your pastor appears seriously confused.

1. Dionilda profile image60
        Dionildaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

my pastor is very far from confusion but to each their own

Without constant prayer, you will drift from God.  Prayer is an armour against the devil.

8. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

yes, it helps you become wiser and who knows your belief will be stronger after questioning and knowing more about it.

9. Dionilda profile image60

5th doctrine that i had to learn is
    We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, has by his suffering and death, made an atonement for the whole world so that whoever will may be saved.

10. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 12 years ago

Should they? Yes.
    Why?

a. Doctrine of absolution based solely on textual. Very dangerous.
    b. Requirement to accept this man into their heart, when no such reference exists anywhere in the text to support this supposed command of salvation !!!
    c. Requirement to have a 'personal relationship' with this man, as again, no such mandate, command was or every existed !!!
    d. Elevating a wonderful man, who gave the ultimate gift, opened all the locked doors, to the status of a deity.
    e. Resulting in a complete void of practical faith (action of anointed spirit) and circular logic to the doctrine of absolute text.

No better than any pagan or ba`al worshiper.
    In actuality, said worshiper would have been better off, because that albatross is still around their necks.

Sigh.

as i said to each their own, i am christian and i believe in it 1000%. its a sensitive subject though religion

btw to be a christian and not to believe in Jesus is questioning christianity as a whole, it is true it can make you a stronger person to question it but its also very close to losing your faith if you let it overcome your beliefs

11. Dionilda profile image60

Bible-basic instructions before leaving earth I think that if we all could be more like Jesus we would have less heartache and less troubles. We are all Gods children but God couldn't stand the sinning so he made Jesus who died for our sins so we could be forgiven

12. Dionilda profile image60

when Jesus was being crucified on the cross at one point he cried out Father why have you forsaken me? God had pulled back from him because of all the sins that Jesus had forgiven God had felt them all and he couldn't handle it because God is too good. Jesus was created as any other baby but he had a bigger purpose in life to save others from their sins. Jesus only traveled speaking the word of God for 3 years before he was crucified.  The Pharisees did not understand because their hearts were hardened.  But Jesus got to many many others before he passed. People discriminate saying we believe because of a book, i believe because i have the spirit within me. The book just backs me up.  Question though because i am interested to know, where do you nonbelievers or other believers get your beliefs from?  I know the Jewish religion does not believe in Jesus but they do believe in God. Therefore they only read the old testament. Btw the Lord says it isnt for us to judge but for Him alone.

just because some one chooses not to have a certain religion dosnt mean they dont know and beleive inthe creator,, and know yesua dyed to show us what he taught was real.... but when christians teach jesus is god,,,, they are the ones that are teaching evil and untruth...  it is a very big deal to the creator that we worship only him.. he points this out in the ten comands... he also points out,, their is no way to have any thing to represent him that is of the heavens are the earth... he gave no name ,,, just I Am... so being their is no name and no form or any thing that can be made to represent him... if you choose to have some thing that does.. you are wrong... acording to the ten comands... so.. when you see a cross,, or a fish,, and so on... you are doing what he said not to do... these are the symbols he was talking about... they are on the walls of egypt.. to show you what not to be and do... it is simple the only thing people that follow the creator ,,, and lead by example by yesua... can do is be a man,,, or be a woman... the womans example was marry.... their is no correct named religion....

13. mamarou profile image39
    mamarouposted 11 years ago

Who Claire, you asked a relatively "simple" questions, that has definitely sparked much conversation.  Those that do not believe will one day bow their knee, but unfortunately to late.  This discussion is likely to convince no man (or woman) for that matter.  For only the Holy Spirit can open their eyes.  For God will reveal Himself as one is looking for Him.  Christ is Christ and died for everything and all that we do and have done wrong, according to God's standards.  It's funny how so many want to live in a world they create yet, can't live in it once it's created. 

Christ is the Son of God and without acknowledging this, accepting Him into ones heart, he (or she) is not a Christian, for Christ said,"even the demons believe".  I applaud you for asking the question and taking on the topic.  It's unfortunate that so many are so hard hearted to the truth of what God has shown us through His son and His Spirit.

Thanks again for the question(s)

Thanks for your comment!

I find it very tragic that so many people resist Jesus not knowing what He has done for them and what He saved them from should they want that salvation.

1. mamarou profile image39
        mamarouposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Remember scripture tells us their eyes are blinded.  It's why prayer can get through when nothing else, even the wisdom you've shared here can't.  The Truth of scripture is clear, that's why when people like Lee Strobel, search for it, they find it, and can struggle no more, and surrender to his love.  While we can pray and intercede for the rest, they are making their fate and decision, thus their free will to live in Hell for all of eternity.  That is their right as much as surrendering is our right...even should they (and often do) disagree!  We have an understanding of what they will experience, and try and stop them.  They are working under false knowledge of what is rather then the truth of what is.  It's a bad position at best.

14. Jenna Pope profile image61
    Jenna Popeposted 11 years ago

I just pray for those people because they are not ready yet to follow Jesus. But they are getting closer, if they are talking to you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)