What Is The Most Amount Of Money You Have Made On Ebay?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (39 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

What is the most money you have made off of a single transaction. What was it that you sold?

1. profile image0
      Hugh Walkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not a penny! But give me a few hours and I could tell you how much It's cost me buying stuff I never needed and will never use - it's a compulsion!!

2. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

$0 can't get accepted on their affiliates at moment lol sad

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello Dipless, Thank You for responding. I wasn't thinking about affiliate earnings, I was thinking independent sales on ebay. However, both are fine. I haven't been accepted by ebay as an affiliate either. I have been an ebay powerseller for a while, however I'm always open to learning more.

2. curiozities profile image60
      curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Join the club! smile

3. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

I have sold things on e-bay however didn't have the time to get the volume through to make a good amount of money as i found the profit levels too small.

What do you sell through e-bay?

Sports Cards

4. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I've sold a fair bit of stuff on Ebay down the years but I'm so half-assed and stoopid I do it in fits and starts.

Therefore I'm not sure.

I once sold two Irish dancing dress thingummybobs for a few hundred pounds.

Hello Frogdropping, Thank you for responding. All due respect, I have no idea of what you just said. lol

1. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Damn my Portuguese. Sorry. Speaking in tongues.

I said ... I sold two dresses. For several hundred pounds. And that I have used Ebay and made money but I can't remember because I don't do it correctly.

smile

Excellent, Thank You. However, I still don't know how much "hundred pounds" equal. lol

1. frogdropping profile image77
            frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you my mum marine? You are - aren't you? Making me work hard. And behave as if I'm well-educated *sighs*

ok ... does £200 sound ok?

smile

1. livewithrichard profile image74
              livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

if its British pounds then its around $340 US dollars

2. marinealways24 profile image60

$340 is good. I thought about buying womens/childrens clothes and reselling. Women are always looking to buy clothes. lol

I do this in the winter time.  This may sound a little odd but larger women tend to buy more online than slender women.  I think it has to do with going into a store to try things on... I could be wrong but I tend to look for US size 12 - 18 and stylish of course.

Excellent, I will do some comparisons when I have time. I know I always see womens clothing almost always with bidders. + Childrens clothing.

2. wychic profile image84
                  wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it's the availability? I imagine stores in larger-population areas have a wider range of sizes, but around here it's nearly impossible to find larger sizes in stores for either men or women. I didn't really realize this until I got together with my ex and suddenly had to go online to find 4X clothes and a size 14 ring.

Personally, my biggest eBay sale was $738 for a particularly nice emerald-cut topaz. I used to live almost solely off of eBay earnings, selling mostly gemstones and beads that I bought in bulk or found at estate sales and re-sold online and at local bazaars.

I'm have to check into these estate sales. lol

5. livewithrichard profile image74
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

My single largest transaction was just before Christmas 2008, I sold a digital SLR camera and some complementing lenses for about $1200.  The cool thing is I bought that at an estate sale for $150.  I'm not a powerseller but I earn roughly $6000 a year.

Excellent Work. What kind of estate sale? A home auction?

The sole owner had died with no relatives and no will.  Terrible but the estate was put into receivership and everything sold off at auction.  I walked out with a bunch of goodies for less than $400 and netted me a couple grand, at least.

Are these sales put on by the county/city? Where are they advertised. Excellent Information, Thank You.

6. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

We have a side business (mainly my bf's) and sell vintage goods on E-bay.  It's totaling about $1000 per month right now.

One thing that sells well is designer handbags--and they fit ALL women, thus, more possible buyers.

Hello, Thanks for posting. I looked at some designer womens handbags and noticed a lot of them being bid up to $700 or more. Women and their handbags. lol

7. lafenty profile image68
    lafentyposted 14 years ago

I have quite a bit of experience buying and selling children's clothing.  I had a store for a while and did very well when it came to buying, but when the store closed and I needed to sell the stuff, not so good.  I still have about 200 pieces to get rid of but at the going rate of about .25 per piece, it's not worth it.  Currently I am selling custom made corsets, which is sporadic at best. When the last Star Wars movie came out, I was selling jedi costumes like crazy.  But it only last for a few months.  To be successful, I think you need to find a niche.

Hello, What are you selling for .25? I have a niche, it's just that it's seasonal. So I would like to explore others. What is the most off of a single item sold?

8. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

still big zero

9. Jezzzz profile image45
    Jezzzzposted 14 years ago

I used to be a powerseller on eBay.  I used to sell video games.  But the highest value item that I actually sold was power washers.  I sold each of them for $350 dollars each.  I used to get them for $290.  Those were good times.  I used to roll out 5 to 10 a week. Plus, what I cleared in video games.

Nice. How much was shipping on those?

10. profile image49
    Looking-upposted 14 years ago

I also sell on eBay and I would like to suggest going to the storage bin auctions.They are located in most any city.Your local news paper will run an ad letting the renters know they have so many days left to pay their rent or it will be sold at a on site auction.
       Some auctioneers will sell the bins by the pieces if it's not to much in the bin.Some auctioneers will just sell the whole bin at one time.
       Here is some great ideas I've got for you ,if you go to a storage bin auction:

1: First you need to take a friend or your spouse, because when they are selling at one bin the other person can go ahead to the next bin to get a good position to see all of the items coming up for sell.
    2: Take a trailer to haul any of your purchases with you.You would not believe some of the things people would leave behind or just forget they have it rented.
    3: Take a couple locks with you and a digital camera,because I've seen big engines that you could just take a picture of and list it when you get home.Don't forget you may need to rent it for a month just sell it.
    4: If you have a cell phone with internet access you will be able to search the completed items of a product that may come up for bid.
    5: I have found this to work pretty good.Stand close to the auctioneer so you can get your bid in at the minute.
    6: One more important reminder "DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THE BIDDING"

Excellent Information, Thanks.

11. newcash101 profile image39
    newcash101posted 14 years ago

The most I made at one time was around $320 but now those fees will kick your butt.

Yes, fees are ridiculous at times.

12. sweigand profile image61
    sweigandposted 14 years ago

I've sold concert tickets for up to a $500 profit before. Reselling concert/event tickets can make for a nice supplemental income.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Make-Mon … vents--etc

Good Stuff, Thanks for posting.

13. soni2006 profile image77
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

I joined ebay via hubpages 2 years ago and I have earned 2 dollars up until now. That's it. It is not working for me. God knows what is the problem.

14. profile image50
    ledianaposted 14 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing the post.

credit auto

15. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

I sold a World War I medal for $630 once.  I listed it for $1 because it was something we happened to have in the house, and I didn't think it had much value - the name engraved on it wasn't a family member.

Other than that, I've sold about $3,000 worth of odds and ends, all stuff we already had (old clothes, pots and pans, crockery, cutlery, jewellery, stamp and coin collections).  It's always the junk that gets the best price!

16. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

I just got me an $18 affiliate commission, that's my highest earnings on HubPages from one click yet so I'm happy for the rest of the day. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)