does god answer all prayers?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. mikoas profile image60
    mikoasposted 11 years ago

DOES GOD ANSWER ALL PRAYERS? support your answers with the Scriptures. thanks

1. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but the answer is usually "No", or it's a back-handed blessing.

He will sit like a refiner of silver, burning away the dross. He will purify the Levites, refining them like gold and silver, so that they may once again offer acceptable sacrifices to the LORD. - Malachi 3.3

http://shawcss.tripod.com/REL101/theodicy2.htm - The book of Job: Suffering as a Test and a Necessary Condition of "Soul Making"

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If the answer is no, then obviously we don't have any faith in scripture.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What G/god? lol

4. thunderacion profile image61
      thunderacionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing ACCORDING TO HIS WILL, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. 1st John 5:14-15

What is God's will ?

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:1-2

Is any among you afflicted? LET HIM PRAY. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. Is any sick among you? let him CALL FOR THE elders of the church; and let them PRAY OVER HIM, ANOITING HIM WITH OIL in the NAME OF THE LORD: And the PRAYER OF FAITH shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. CONFESS YOUR FAULTS one to another, and PRAY one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual FERVENT prayer of a RIGHTEOUS man availeth much. JAMES 5:13-18

Noticed the emphasis on "RIGHTEOUS". Please don't expect answered prayer if your living a carnal lifestyle. Goofing around, gossiping, watching worldly entertainment, lack of prayer life, lack of bible study, lack of church, etc... 

What is faith?

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that DILIGENTLY seek him. Hebrews 11:6  (note it says diligently seek Him. Too lazy to pray and worship God several times a day, then dont expect answered prayer!)

Faith is loyal to God, like a faithful man is to his wife.

IF IT BE SO, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. BUT IF NOT,  be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up. Daniel 3:17-18.

Faith is a result of being FAITHFUL in your relationship to God. You will serve God regardless of the outcome, because you love His commandments.(John 14:15)

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I must take issue with your definition of righteous:
        - what is goofing around specifically?
        - how does watching worldly entertainment such as a Sci-fi movie, a soap, or a TV talent show, render someone unrighteousness? Why do you get self righteous about those who want to sit down and relax in front of the TV after a hard day at work or looking after the kids?
        - what do you deem as a lack of prayer life? Anything less than five times a day on a prayer mat facing Jerusalem, or is 10 minutes on the drive to work OK? Maybe you think that unless someone is at a regular Church prayer warrior group claiming their city from Satan and his demon friends, they're not good enough.
        - since when was church attendance an indication of righteousness. Many Christians do not attend church specifically because of the unrighteousness, plastic man made doctrines and strings attached gospel, intolerance, self righteousness, prosperity pushing, pseudo Holy Spirit experience sensationalism, boring, dull, seen it all before, etc, etc, that goes on in the churches.

1. thunderacion profile image61

In regards to righteousness, God says "For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matt 5:20

In regards to goofing around, God says "But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks." Eph 5:3-4.

Please read this article, as it will shed more light to the topic of "goofing around" http://www.ryanhicksministries.com/home … sting.html

In regards to wordly entertainment, God says "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me." Psalm 101:3

In regards to praying, God says "Pray without ceasing." 1Thess 5:17.

In regards to how often to pray, God says "...he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime." Dan 6:10

In regards to total minutes dedicated to prayer, God says"...And he came unto the disciples, and found them asleep, and said unto Peter, What, could you not watch with me one hour?" Matt 26:40

It sounds like you may have hectic life, so it is good that you pray on your way to work. I will further add that you can pray during your breaks and lunches, in your car or private office. You can also wake up earlier to pray and and pray right before bed. You may also want to set some time aside at night for the family to sit down and read scriptures.  These are suggestions.

In regards to going to church, God says "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

In regards to hypocrites in the church, God says "Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:  All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not." Matt 23:2-3

I am praying for you. smile

2. yeagerinvestments profile image70
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 11 years ago

Yes, just not always the way we want them answered. Our ways are not His ways.

3. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

John 16   King James

23 And in that day you shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you.

24 Until now have you asked nothing in my name: ask, and you shall receive, that your joy may be full.

4. Born2care2001 profile image72
    Born2care2001posted 11 years ago

How would one know the answer if one didn't know the origin? If the author is unknown, so too, is the message. If that is true, no scripture will help you!
    1 John 4:16b
    "...God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him."
    Each time we seek an answer to a question of the heart, we are turning our backs on what we already know. We were given all that we need to know when we were given access to the greatest love of all! Everyone has access. It's simply a choice. In my humble opinion we judge ourselves when we look for more than what we already have.

1. jacharless profile image74
      jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nice.
      And correct. We have been genetically programmed with all things necessary to maintain an existence of unified heaven-earth {intangible-tangible}.
      Questions are simply the Adamic Effect at work; the mind being listened to and its normal processing being acutely tuned into. Prayers purpose is to assist the individual, by verbal expression, who is stuck in the Effect, at any particular moment. To help them rise above or get out of that loop of thinking and manifest {bring to harvest} the seed within the spirit {heart}.

Furthermore, as the wise sayings go:
      "Creator is not a respecter of persons"
      "All things have been provided you pertaining to Life"

So, the individual is not seeing the answer because they continue to question what they already know, adding even more elements {shards of thought} to the query.

James.

1. Born2care2001 profile image72
        Born2care2001posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very well said James!

1. jacharless profile image74
          jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

5. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

LOL

6. mikoas profile image60
    mikoasposted 11 years ago

thanks you all for your response, please more response are needed. thanks

7. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

The biggest problem with the question is knowing when God has answered.

If you get what you asked for, did God provide it?  Was it coincidence?  Did Satan intervene and give it to you, knowing it will be bad for you?

If you don't get it, did God answer negatively?  Or not at all?  How can you tell the difference?

Do you just get a "feeling" that God has answered?  If so, is it just your intense desire to believe or did He plant that feeling? 

Statistically, God seems to answer (positively) mostly the prayers asking for something that you have put enough effort into to get yourself without His help.  Prayers asking for impossible things, things that violate natural law, are always either answered negatively or not at all - which is it?

1. autumn18 profile image58
      autumn18posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good points. I always found it interesting. I've noticed that if someone prays for someone who is ill to get better and they do it's because God answered their prayers. But if the person gets worse or dies its because it was Gods plan.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's quite common.  God has answered the prayer both times, once positively and once negatively, but how can we know that either actually happened (the answer, that is)?  One lives, one dies but both are God's answer.  Or just what happened with no "answer" at all involved.

I've heard this kind of comment all my life, but have never understood where it comes from.  Is it somehow necessary to declare that when we speak to God anything that happens afterward is God's answer?  Is it necessary to our faith to believe that He listens and answers - so much that we will declare it to be so without any supporting evidence?  Without even trying to support that declaration somehow?

1. autumn18 profile image58
          autumn18posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes I think that's what's going on.

2. thunderacion profile image61

I had an incident like what you decribed. Sometimes, God will test us to see if we really love Him. Here was the test.

I was sick, taking codeine for pain. I couldnt work, thus had no money for food. I prayed to God that he will provide food on my table.

Well, I got a phone call from a relative asking if I wanted to sell my codeine pills. Even though I needed the money, this was a direct violation of Romans 13:1-10, plus a host of other scriptures. I love God, so I will obey His commandments.

When I refused that offer, then the true blessing came. I needed a cab rid to the doctors, and instead of paying the cab driver, the drive paid me $100 dollars. She said God told her to give me the money. It was exactly what I needed.

In regards to those who are sick and dying, Scriptures specifically states to do the following:

...Is any sick among you? let him CALL FOR THE elders of the church; and let them PRAY OVER HIM, ANOITING HIM WITH OIL in the NAME OF THE LORD: And the PRAYER OF FAITH shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. CONFESS YOUR FAULTS one to another, and PRAY one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual FERVENT prayer of a RIGHTEOUS man availeth much. JAMES 5:13-18

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)