Am I being attacked by Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (60 posts)
  1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

Ok I am at my end! I seem to be having an issue with HP. Everytime I flag something I end up getting flagged. Yesterday I published my 2nd part in a 3 part series on Jeffrey Dahmer. Ads were taken and I was fine with that considering he killed people, even though I see plenty of serial killer hubs with ads. This morning I flag a question then no more than 30 minutes later I get an email saying they unpublished my hub on dahmer. Two weeks ago I flagged a question then had one of my questions removed about 30 minutes later, which they republished a WEEK later after reviewing it again. Am I the only one this is happening with? It seems all of my areas of writing get flagged due to mature content yet I see hundreds of other hubs with the same type content with ads! Is it even worth it to fight with Hp anymore?

1. Chip6 profile image57
      Chip6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It may clarify some of your doubts-

ATTENTION: HubPages Success Stories Graphs are GONE
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103890

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Now, I know you're just a sock and all, but do you think you could try and stay on topic? kthxbai.

1. Chip6 profile image57

"Is it even worth it to fight with Hp anymore?" lol I know you're a sock de major. Stay on the topic, Samaritan. You can't be my sock, personally speaking, you are on a hurry to escape lol

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

?  That thread has nothing to do with her question.  You seem to have your own agenda in regard to HP, along with 0 hubs.

peeples, I doubt very much if you're being singled out by HP.  It's the likelihood that some of your topics may trigger HP filters, or flag happy hubbers.

I suppose this could be true, especially if you are flagging often on the same topics you are writing about.  But I really doubt it.

1. Chip6 profile image57

Well, she asked whether she is being attacked by ... There are obviously a link between those two inconsistencies that we observed on this site.

O hubs?

http://atroubledman.hubpages.com/

lol

1. profile image0
            Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Regardless of the absence of hubs, at least ATM manages to contribute valuable information and opinions in the forums. 

smile

And, still only has the one account with which he posts here.  Are you running out of user id's yet?

1. Chip6 profile image57

Did you really say this? lol "Regardless of the absence of hubs, at least ATM manages to contribute valuable information and opinions in the forums." lol

Here is a taste of quality- http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103995

I don't have many socks, as you obviously have. For me, I have my main account in Wizzley.

1. profile image0

Yup.  I have so damn many socks I can't keep track of them.  I'm always losing at least one or two on laundry day.

1. Chip6 profile image57

Sorry to hear you lose your user id's on fixed days lol Go elsewhere to sharpen your skills. lol

2. profile image0

IMO, you are less likely being singled out by HP than you may be being singled out by a disgruntled hubber.  Of course, we are not notified by whom our hubs/questions are flagged, but it could be that you irked another hubber somewhere along the line and they're trying to 'get back at you.'  I've seen it happen often enough that I offer it as a suggestion, even though it does sound a little paranoid.

Or, it's as simple as the fact that your topics are rough ones in which to write.  I've read a lot of your hubs, and you write well.  It can't possibly be a quality issue.  When your hubs/questions are unpublished, what are the reasons that you're most often given by HP?  Also, are you able to republish them?

peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know why it didn't occur to me that it was simply another hubber flagging me. While I'm not one of the big debaters here I know a couple of my hubs have angered some. They always get flagged as mature content. Granted several are but not mature enough to be unpublished, no ads maybe. I have 6 hubs right now with no ads. What bothers me the most is I spent 2 months researching for this hub they just unpublished. That's a lot of time to lose because someone got their panties in a wad.

1. profile image0

Agreed.  What was the reason HP gave for unpublishing this last one?  I think it would be important to know whether it was an automatic filter that pulled it, or if was moderated manually.

The Email reads - "Dear peeples,

Your Hub contains Mature content. Mature content includes, but is not limited to, graphic violent or medical images, videos, or text Your Hub has been unpublished. Depending on the severity of the violation, you may or may not have the opportunity to revise your Hub. If you are able to make changes to your Hub, please click the "Submit for Publication" button when you have finished editing it to comply with our Terms of Use. We will then review your Hub and publish it if it is no longer in violation."
            The top of the hub says it is a moderator set alert. The automatic filter grabbed the ads off of it seconds after it was published. It did not get unpublished until today 30 minutes after flagging something. My 3rd flag ever and everytime I have been flagged right after. I learned my lesson!

1. profile image0
              Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is your reason for flagging someone?    I wrote a hub about suicide and bullying and have no ads because of the content being suicide.  But it's in the rules.

I have only flagged someone 3 times in all my time here. I don't flag unless it was a good reason that did violate terms. A question attacking a group of people needs to be removed.  I don't mind not having ads. I mind having a hub I worked very hard on, over 1,300 words of quality being unpublished. I know I write about sensitive topics and expect ads to be taken from some, just not unpublished all together.

1. profile image0
                  Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It appears that this particular subject was a little too sensative to be published.  It's too bad that you spent all of that time on an article to have it unpublished.  But also, maybe you brought attention to yourself by flagging someone.  There are thousands of members here and I would think it would be time consuming to hubpages to be censoring each and every one.  Just sayin.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
                Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly the sort of rules that should be dumped.... Suicide is a serious issue that should not be silenced for the sake of a few bucks of advertiser's opinions!  It's shameful that people are shunned for trying to bring such a serious worldwide issue out from shadows... sad

3. Novel Treasure profile image88
      Novel Treasureposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have not noticed anything like what you are experiencing. I don't flag often but I know that I have flagged more than one in the last month or two and have not had any issues coming back to me.

Could it be that the content on the serial killer is borderline for what hubpages deems mature content?

That actually might be a question for the hubpages team directly if you keep seeing that happen.

Try not to be discouraged. I would hate to lose one of our good hubbers over this.

4. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is possible, because I could imagine a moderator taking a quick look to see who's done the flagging, and they might then notice one of your Hubs. 

That doesn't mean they're OK.  It just means they haven't been noticed yet.  HP has automated filters but they can't catch everything, so catching "illegal" content comes down to Hubbers and moderators finding them manually.   The results are, unfortunately, haphazard. 

That's why you sometimes see forum posts from Hubbers saying "why has my Hub been unpublished after two years?"  It generally turns out that their Hub was never acceptable - it just didn't get noticed.

The main thing to remember is that HubPages sets their rules to reflect Adsense rules, for a good reason.  If HubPages breaks Adsense rules too often, the site could lose its right to use Adsense.  If that happens, the site would probably close down because it would lose too much of its income.  So HubPages errs very much on the safe side, and who can blame them?

Adsense rules are unreasonable in many ways.  Any discussion of sexual matters is taboo, even if it's academic.  You can't write about drugs or guns, even if you're warning of their evils.  That's because Adsense's robot "policemen" can't read context, they can only look for prohibited words. That may be frustrating for writers who feel strongly on issues, but you can't change it.  There are plenty of other places where you can write on those issues, including on your own blog, where you won't be risking your Adsense account or HubPages'.

5. Christine Miranda profile image70
      Christine Mirandaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If they unpublished based on your flagging of another's hub then all my hubs would be flagged!  smile

I read a few of your hubs and scrolled through your list.  You write on a lot of serious subjects but nothing I would call "adult only" ok MAYBE the weird vegetable one comes close but other than that I don't see why you would be flagged either.

Definitely worth asking moderator to specify exactly what was "mature content."  Was it the subject matter? A certain paragraph?  Let us know how you make out.

When I asked this was their reply I got late last night. "Any graphic description of sex and/or violence will continue to be moderated as mature.
        If you believe that you cannot cover this topic without using mature content, then perhaps consider other topics about which you could write."  I think several other responses were correct. I have run my course here at HP.

6. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

HP is becoming a strange site to be on. i don't come here much anymore, not because of money but because religion seems to have taken over this site. another reason is that though it is suppose to be a site for adults, you can't write anything that has to do with being an adult without a hassle.

2. LucidDreams profile image63
    LucidDreamsposted 11 years ago

I really doubt you are be singled out, but who knows these days. Alot of your hubs are on some stingy subjects, I like that, but it could cause you problems.  Even though it is suggested to flag innapropriate content here, I would focus more on your own work and let the HP team do the other. Just my two cents!

That's usually what I do. It has to be something seriously out of place for me to flag anything. I'm worried it may be my topics causing this.

1. livewithrichard profile image72
        livewithrichardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did the email you receive give you a reason why it was unpublished?  They usually do, but try to make an edit then post a link to the 'Improving your Hub' section in the forums this way others can see it and give you tips. 

I doubt you are being singled out... I'm pretty vocal on a lot of issues here on HP and I have never been singled out... or maybe I have been smile

They simply said mature content. I mean what crime isn't considered to be mature content? I'm not the only one who writes about serial killers. There is no way of saying someone dismembered people that isn't mature. If I edit it I will be losing quality. Stuck situation!

1. Pearldiver profile image67
            Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't stress it mate... there has always been a 'staff' troll on this site!  I have had at least 2 years of BS and dozens and dozens of days when it has found humor playing games with my stuff  (via the internal control panel)....
            My theory on the subject is quite simple... and at the end of the day, a troll is a troll, no matter who pays it to screw with members!  During my time I have seen countless members bullied to the point of leaving... and I suspect that's the objective. 
            I tend to open my mouth and speak directly when I know what I'm talking about (and sometimes when I don't lol )... often insecure people don't like that and feel threatened or challenged and get defensive when they should just answer the question... Generally if they actually had any personality skills themselves, they would appreciate that Kiwis and Aussies are generally straight shooters and that's who we are as people! We have a whole different approach to life and tend to get things done that others can't plus we expect others to be as direct as we are!
            But it can be denied as many times as needed... but a troll or two definitely lives under the Golden Gate Bridge!  Actually... on the subject of Kiwis and Aussies... look at who the best skippers and crews are in the Americas Cup racing in San Fran Bay today!  There's a whole lot of examples of the type of people we are and that's why we don't appreciate BS!

2. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I agree - it could mean that the very act of flagging stuff is bringing you some unwanted attention from the PTB, whereas other people who write on similar topics manage to fly under the radar 'cos they don't flag stuff.

3. LucidDreams profile image63

Could be, I really enjoy your titles, I didn't read the hubs, although I will probably take the time to do so now. Hubs based on religion, sexual orientation, and violence tend to be problematic. I wish you luck as most of us are struggling one way or the other right now!

4. Horatio Plot profile image74
    Horatio Plotposted 11 years ago

I used to be paranoid, but now I just think they're out to get me.

smile

5. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I personally doubt flagging has anything to do with it.  It was a coincidence.

6. kathleenkat profile image82
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

I have flagged Hubs, and haven't gotten flagged back (yet? *knocks on wood*)

Perhaps you are getting attention drawn to your account, but even at that, if you are writing things that are considered "Mature Content" and HP doesn't want that on their site, it doesn't really matter how they were able to locate it in the first place. I had gotten Ads removed from a Hub because it linked to a page that had Renaissance paintings of naked people; it didn't even occur to me that that would be considered mature when I linked to it, but, it was, and it is, by HP standards. They seem to be pretty serious about mature content.

7. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

I just typed "serial killer" into the HP search box and clicked on "hubs." It turned up 1000 hubs. Granted, some of them were not completely focused on serial killers, but most of them were. When I put "Jeffrey Dahmer" into the search box, it found 108 hubs. Why are those articles allowed to remain on HP but peeple's articles are not?  Hmmmmm.... Is that a rat with a flag that I smell? I'm wondering if one of your "enemies" is out to get you.

This is my issue. The only thing my hub did was state all the facts about Dahmer. I even niced it up for them and said things like "sexual acts" instead of what he really did which was much more than just a sexual act. I would have been fine if they would have simply removed ads like they normally do. I'm use to that. I write about child abuse and serial killers. Two topics that I know are seen as mature. They usually pull the ads and leave the article published. Why can there be 108 other hubs about dahmer but not mine? Are those hubs incomplete? I doubt it. This whole issue is making me seriously considering if I need to remain here or not. I understand rules but if they apply why do they only apply to certain people? Excuse the rant but I am very annoyed by the amount of time I have lost if this hub does not get republished.

8. RichieMogwai profile image61
    RichieMogwaiposted 11 years ago

I don't think so, it's a matter of policy and it goes that HP is wary of mature content. I got my own dose of this regulation a few days ago, I published an article entitled Who's Afraid of Sexy Lingerie with a picture of mannequins posing like Victoria's Secret models. The article did not get flagged but I got warnings that the ads would be pulled out from the article. So I decided to pull out my article instead and published it on Helium. Helium is coy with it, although the sexy mannequin picture was edited from the waist down. Well that's fine with me. Websites have their own rules.

9. LucidDreams profile image63

I can't believe you are still this upset? I told you earlier, you write on sensative subjects, If you want to complain about how your hubs are treated, move them to a personal blog! Otherwise, you understand the problem here, there is really no reason to go on and on! I wish you the best and please resolve your issue without trying to change website policy.. I'm not a moderator but a long time writer. You cannot change the rules ny complaining.....Write what works here and do the rest on a personal or business website!

I'm not trying to change policy, simply trying to see that it is not selectively enforced. There is a big difference. I have kept my mouth shut for quite a while here. If I choose to express myself once in a while I will. Will I change anything? Not likely here but I can make sure my concerns are well heard. As for your last comment, I agree, it seems I have run my course here at hp.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

It's not selectively enforced, it's randomly enforced.  I can recall many occasions when Hubbers have tried to suggest a more methodical approach to detecting unacceptable Hubs earlier - not just for the safety of the site, but to avoid disappointment and frustration for Hubbers. 

I do think you may be right, though, that HP is not the best place for your style of writing.   If you are constantly writing on the edge of HP's policies, you're going to keep running into trouble - and because some Hubs may not be checked for months or even years,you'll never be quite sure whether or when a new Hub is going to be unpublished.  Personally I couldn't be bothered living under that kind of uncertainty.  It sounds like many of your Hubs are around similar topics so you could have an ideal basis for your own site.

10. LucidDreams profile image63

Love your style, just saying that maybe another platform is better when you write this type of article. Otherwise write here and be happy. It's always good to have your eggs in more then one basket anyways!

11. kathleenkat profile image82
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

Did you contact HP? They are usually fairly responsive to me.

12. profile image56
    Marilyn-Kayeposted 11 years ago

Have you guys listened to yourselves? You guys flag people and are then upset when your articles get flagged. I am sorry now that I wasted my time joining HubPages, the posting Gestapo seems to have too much power. I already had my first post deleted, "just because". It seems like I should go to WordPress, no problem, I can design web pages, so I think I can handle WordPress, I just thought it would be fun to be part of the HubPages community, too bad literary writing is controlled by a few, who want to "burn" other people's works, and then call "foul" for themselves.

“Do you ever read any of the books you burn?"
    He laughed. "That's against the law!"
    "Oh. Of course.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

I joined Thursday and posted a little post to just get the hang of posting and it was quickly removed - Substandard - along with comments:
    1. The Invincible - 2 days ago from New Delhi, India Level 2 Commenter - I might sound rude, but don't think there was a need to write a Hub on that...
    2. Anthony Binks - 2 days ago from Northern Ireland Level 1 Commenter - I agree with "The Invincible". Not much call....

Here was my response: Marilyn-Kaye - 2 days ago from North Texas Hub Author
    If I had found this information, like what I wrote, I would have joined months ago. I know that you must be much smarter and wiser than I am, but I could not find just the basics of signing up with HubPages, and I read many, many sources. There were tons of articles, but I could not find just the basic. In addition, I find that different versions of how to do something reach different people in a different ways. I am truly sorry that you feel that I am being redundant, but I felt I was saying things in a way that I understand. I had no idea there was a limit on how things could be said. I do not think that I can have any original thoughts that have never been said or written, so are new people not allowed to print their versions and points of views on HubPages??? I am sad that this is my welcome to HubPages for my first post.

Just for a trial, I went over and joined Squidoo and posted the same article there, with just the changes that applied to posting there, it's still up, so far. Is Squidoo a better community? I will wait and see.
    My article at Squidoo:
    <link snipped>

1. Christine Miranda profile image70
      Christine Mirandaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you missed her point. She was questioning the reason her article was flagged not that it was flagged.

Wordpress and HubPages are two totally different writing platforms. Wordpress allows you to post what ever you want, rants, mature content, how many times you go to the bathroom a day, even low quality postings because that is their platform. HubPages has rules and regulations because it wants quality information and articles that attract more views, which means more advertisers, which means more money for you as a quality writer.

1. I don't know how 'little' your hub was but there is a minimum 400 words for a hub.

2. You did not have to 'publish' a low quality hub. You could have fiddled around, experimented and edited all you wanted as many times as you wanted without publishing it. If you want to know what the final hub would look like click the 'preview' button.

3. You did not follow the guidelines put forth by HubPages. That is hardly HubPages' fault. That is what the learning center is for. Here is the link to every 'how to' they have.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

If you don't find it there then type what you are looking for into the search box and see if other hubbers have written a hub about it.

So am I as it is a great community. I think if you spend some time in the learning center learning how to write a hub before jumping in and publishing 'a little post to just get the hang of posting' then you will find this an excellent place to write.

I have never written on Squidoo but from the reviews I have read about them they are not restrictive on 'quality' and they don't pay as much in revenue sharing as HubPages. Which is probably why HubPages has more guidelines.

I hope you decide to spend some time in the learning center and give HubPages a fair shot.

Good luck.
      Christine

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

Marilyn-Kaye, the problem is that people misunderstand flagging.  We "flag" posts if we're worried they might be against the rules.  That does nothing, it just asks a staff member to take a look at it. 

If the staff member decides it's fine, nothing happens.  If they decide it's against the rules, it gets unpublished. 

I took a look at your post on Squidoo.   It probably got deleted here because it's too short.  On Squidoo, they're unlikely to delete it, but it will probably be marked WIP and hidden from search engines, so you won't make any money from it.

Wordpress is a great tool, and since it sounds like you've already bought your domain name, you may as well use it!  But running a blog is totally different from writing on a rev-sharing site like this.

1. profile image56
        Marilyn-Kayeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marisa, you write very well. That is mine concern though, people flag posts by "their" interpretation of the rules and then are surprised they also get posts flagged. I had skimmed the rules and did not, and still do not see a minimum word requirement. It is discouraging to publish your first post and within hours it is deleted, for perhaps a minor infraction, rather than receiving encouraging and helpful pointers to revise it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

I could flag Hubs all day long, but if I've flagged them by "my" interpretation of the rules, it will be a complete waste of time, because HubPages' staff moderators will just dismiss my flags as nonsense.   

That's what I'm trying to explain - flagging by Hubbers and flagging by staff (the correct name for that is "moderating") are two completely different things.   You don't know whether your Hub was flagged by a Hubber or not - it might've been noticed by a staff member direct.

3. peeples profile image94

Marilyn, I am sorry you went through all that. The point of this post was not that I felt like I should be able to write whatever I want without being subject to the same flags I give. My point to this is I write on a topic that is widely covered here on hubpages yet when the person (me) who writes openly about gay writes, atheism, and other blunt topics suddenly my hubs seem to become a target. Granted I get that, I just don't like it. Which is why after notifying my followers I started my process a few days ago in leaving HP. For the record, I have never flagged anything that wasn't clearly written about in the rules.

1. profile image56
        Marilyn-Kayeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps peeples, but what I read was (three references):

Everytime I flag something I end up getting flagged.

This morning I flag a question then no more than 30 minutes later I get an email saying they unpublished my hub on dahmer.

Two weeks ago I flagged a question then had one of my questions removed about 30 minutes later, ...

To my reading you had more than one point, but this one seemed strong.

When I am in a forum or group I avoid censoring people for minor infractions, it's just rude. The only time I would flag someone is if they threatened someone or a group, advocated something actually dangerous or illegal, that kind of thing. I do not join groups to be a Rules Police, I give readers credit for being able to judge an article for themselves and read or not read it, they don't need me making their decisions for them. I read a lot online and when I hit a worthless article, I do not blame the web group, I just skip it and go on. I can understand that a group wants a certain profile and they can choose to restrict people to those values or attitudes, but to flag and delete for power rather than serious policy infractions, and run off new writers, is just silly and will undermine the group in the end.

Right now, I have no intention for ever posting another article at HubPages, people here seem to be to "Flag Happy". I have some articles already written, I was just testing how things work with my first post. I will reserve my final decision until I see if my article gets re-posted and what other responses I receive, as I might only be seeing a limited slice right now.

Oh I agree fully to the point of people being flag happy. If you've read my posts here you will see in my entire time I have been here I have flagged 3 times. All were direct hate posts which should be flagged by any responsible hubber.
          My point of the main questions was this, Is the rare moment when I flag something the opportunity for a moderator who doesn't like my views to attack my account? Am I sort of calling myself out by trying to do the right thing? I will never know the answer to that which is why I have decided my work belongs elsewhere. I know I have made a little money here and developed some great friendships. To me that was worth any crap I may have dealt with. 
          I do however think you are seeing a limited view. There are a lot of good hubbers here. Many have been very helpful and supportive for me even though we agree on almost nothing.
          Good luck on getting your article re published.

2. Horatio Plot profile image74
          Horatio Plotposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, posted in error!

13. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

Your post is really sad.... sad
    Unfortunately what you are saying has become all too common here with the poor communicators set who seem to have little or no ability to genuinely appreciate the diversity of people and personalities! sad

14. tommykim profile image39
    tommykimposted 11 years ago

You're not being attacked by hubpages. It's actually bigger than that. Youtube, facebook, wikipedia, the news, the entire media, whenever you try to expose something and get too real, things nysteriously dissappear.

15. profile image56
    Marilyn-Kayeposted 11 years ago

Actually, surprisingly, I really did not miss her point, but you guys are making mine. And I actually do know the difference between WordPress and HubPages, I even know that there is a WordPress.org and a WordPress.com, imagine that. What happened to the "Welcome Wagon" of kindness at HubPages?

hubpages.com/faq/

Number 21. What is the Welcome Wagon Team?
    Team Welcome Wagon consists of community volunteers who go the extra mile to make new Hubbers feel welcome by leaving comments on their Hubs, sending them friendly messages, asking them Hub-inspiring Questions, and leaving encouraging Fan Mail.

Here is how a nice people might respond to a new post instead of flagging it.
    Greetings, nice to see you here. Your first try here a HubPages was good, and I understand that you were just experimenting, but perhaps on your next try you might want to include some pictures and expand on your subject so that you stay within the HubPages rules. (And so on.)

16. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

I have enjoyed following you, peeples. I hope you reconsider. However, if you are receiving unfair treatment or are being retaliated against, I certainly understand why you would choose to leave. The whole indexing problem doesn't help, either, at least from my standpoint.

After recieving a couple emails from followers I believe I may stick around in the forums or answers at least once a month or so. Seems people actually like me here (who knew!) smile I just will not be publishing much of anything here anymore. I truly enjoy some of HP and really hate other parts!

17. profile image0
    traviswademillerposted 11 years ago

Well, I'm glad you are sticking around!

18. samnashy profile image70
    samnashyposted 11 years ago

I'm not sure about being flagged, but I had all my ads removed from my Jack the Ripper hub.

19. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 11 years ago

Definitely feeling attacked myself.

One of the Hubs I wrote for the HubLove contest of 2008 (and won the daily prize for) was moderated and unpublished for something that it didn't violate in the least.  This isn't the first time this has happened to me, and honestly, I've ceased writing here on HubPages since my earnings tanked (I was bringing in over $100 a month, sometimes over $200, and now I barely get over the monthly payout.)

It's -ridiculous.-

20. RichieMogwai profile image61
    RichieMogwaiposted 11 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I can't seem to figure out why this is happening. My stats are not doing so well, too. But I wonder what would cause a drastic traffic drop?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)