Obama wins second debate, hands down!

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (229 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Just thought I'd get a jump on the MSM. Many right-leaning reporters are already saying if Obama shows up tonight, the left will declare him as the ultimate, supreme, audacious, awesome, comeback winner. lol

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How convenient.  If Obama wins it's a fake construct of the liberal media; if Romney wins it's because he's so awesome and Obama's so lame.  Go GOP!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-S-VQjKUu53c/UEiSDM-ohzI/AAAAAAAAJhs/26KN-cKkHMw/Elephant-butt.jpg

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I gotta say: most of the left-leaning media were pretty honest about Obama's performance in the first debate.

2. Paul Wingert profile image62
      Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That would be very true if Obama went up against someone like Palin or Paul Ryan. Back in 2008 at the Vice President debate, the only way that Biden would of lost against Palin is if he failed to show up!

1. habee profile image92

What - her wink didn't get you?? lol

2. moneyfairy profile image60
        moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And the opposition will say Romney won and Obama rude if he stands up to him.

1. moneyfairy profile image60

so true!

4. KFlippin profile image61
      KFlippinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Candy Crowley is a lardass who has not one iota of a sense of the whole of importance of the USA's future at this point in history,  the whole thing is clear set up, a planned q and a, and this is wholly clear to anyone with a moderate degree of intellect.

Crowley will never again be respected in any quarter of real politics are even MSNbC braindeads......well maybe those folks, not much of a level of . . . anything there.

1. profile image0

Yes, it's a "planned q and a."  I'm impressed you figured it out.

And I'm really curious about how you got so close to Candy's ass that you know what it's made of.

1. KFlippin profile image61

No one has to be very close at all smile .  glad to hear you agree it was clear that much of the Q was revealed for a good A, not to mention Crowley was quite crawly in her deference to the current President's rebuttals.......  chow..........

1. tammybarnette profile image60
            tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what I expected, sore loser

smile

2. profile image0

Well, I expect the questions were selected for their relevancy and to elicit answers.  Whether they were "good" answers is for the voters to judge.

Chow?  I assume you meant "ciao" unless that laser-like focus on Candy's ass somehow made you hungry.

1. Mighty Mom profile image79
              Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ooh. Snap, girlfriend.
              smile!

2. KFlippin profile image61

Chow?  Hmmm, perhaps you should do some research on that term and it's dual meaning, Obama would likely pay for a semester for you to do that.  As for the questions?  where they as pertinent as how Crowley maneuvered them was pertinent (as in relevant smile )?  you really think that Libya should have been considered the least important?  and held to last?  Astounding.

Clearly a liberal construed and manipulated debate, quite shameful, and I really didn't know that hubpages tolerated using the word "ass", good to know.  Basically, Crowley's lardass (a colloquialism that is insulting to a fat person) was regularly saying kiss my 'ass' when she would shut up Romney after she liked Obama's comments . . . IMO  smile.

1. Josak profile image60
                Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The excuses and conspiracy theories are flowing now.

smile

2. tammybarnette profile image60

Since you are so astute I am sure you have heard the recent news about the news lady being told she should not be on tv because she is too fat! Have you lost your mind, or have you just never had one! I guess if you were pres all the fat people would need to go as well as all black people, latino people, poor people....wow, your like to spew hate!

On the first debate us liberals admitted defeat, your party had a grand ole time spewing hateful hubs...so buck up sugar and learn to take it like a woman! One who still has all of her rights!

Yeah Tammy!!!!! Great rebuttle!!! Romney lost so they have to spew hate smile The questions were not rigged and the answers showed the truth that some can't take... LOL When you squeeze an orange you get orange juice when you squeeze Romney you get lies smile

3. moneyfairy profile image60

smile

LOL LOL

2. Mighty Mom profile image79
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Candy Crawley is a lardass?
        If that's the best you people with a moderate degree of intellect can come up with,
        I'll gladly remain stupid.
        roll

1. Josak profile image60

As we all know personal insults on appearance are the mark of a genius tongue

LOL smile Ignorance is bliss !!!! LOL smile

3. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why are you bringing up Candy Crowley's appearance at all?

5. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The pathetic thing is that many look at these debates as having some indication of the candidates position and where they will focus their energies once elected. The reality is that once elected the candidates are thrown curvre balls as Bush was with the 911 attacks and Obama was with the economic meltdown. The direction at that point takes a drastic turn from the promises and intentions that were once espoused during the campaign. Bush screwed up when he went into Iran and left the conflict in Afghanistan to fall back into Al Qaeda and Taliban control. Obama screwed up when after bailing out the banks and the car companies he focused on healthcare rather than remaing focused on the economy.

These debates offer little with regard to what is in the candidates abilities as a leader. A standup comic could zing one liners all night much to the entertainment of the audience. But I think that many forget that in 2009 we were perched on the edge of the abyss and staring down into the bottomless pit without a safety net. Now many are looking for where that abyss went and why they are not more quickly getting back to normal. The short sightedness of Americans is a blessing and a curse. We like to remember and make legend our good times while downplaying and forgetting our tough times. Life is a series of ups and downs but we have no patience for it.

Romney offers a quick fix that plays right into that good times frame of mind but has not one new idea to achieve it. Back  to the future with the same old theory? So many are blinded by this snake oil salesmen that it boggles the mind. Trickle down VooDoo economics never worked and never will as long as greed is the goal for those that would pay.

Obama offers a slow steady recovery that is unbearable to many and does not have the good time pay for awhile. Whether you like him or not he still is the only grown up in the room.

Well said!

Amen!!!

6. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

"The Selling of the President" nailed it...though I'm one of those left folk, I think Obama came out on top.

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

He has to do better than the last debate....Hopefully he's prepared and in the game tonight. wink

3. OLYHOOCH profile image60
    OLYHOOCHposted 11 years ago

Here are some serious information sources. They are all included. No bias filtering.

Voter fraud
    http://www.google.com/search?h....
    Repression of the military vote.
    http://www.google.com/search?h...

Fake birth certificate.
    http://mobile.wnd.com/2012/10/...

OBAMA CRIMES. It's ALLHere.

Obama supporting the al Quaida.

Obama communist.

Obama is a traitor

Obama & Cohorts backdoor dealings with the enemy.

This is the most important doccumentary
    that is out today. Go out of your way to get it and watch it. It will shock even leftists. If everyone watched all he would be communist party votes.

Net,fl.I.x is now playing

Dreams from my real father

If you can, watch it. Invite friends to see it, but restraints might be needed, definitly be sitting down.
    Your blood will boil.
    If the whole country saw this, obama wouldn't even get 10 percent of the vote.

Even democrats will shun him after they watch this one.

1. profile image0

LOL.  Nonpartisan huh?

2. Xenonlit profile image59
      Xenonlitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't get out much among the "other side" do you, OLYHOOCH?  One word for you: SENSATA.    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-gaulr … 72021.html

1. OLYHOOCH profile image60
        OLYHOOCHposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not to worry, I am watching BOTH SIDES. Nice Link, you put up.

OLY

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

zzzzzzzzzzzz

4. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Thanks for saying it so it has some authority, Habee!
    lol lol

MM, my thoughts exactly,LOl...they are already saying Obama looked angry..honestly, I thought Romney looked red faced the whole night. I am proud of my President:)

2. OLYHOOCH profile image60

I almost fell of the couch, when, Bush came up.

OLY

5. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 11 years ago

Obama did win the debate in my opinion, but not as decisively as Romney won the first debate. Candy Crowley did a good job as moderator. She didn't let either one walk all over her as Lehrer did.

She clearly let Obama walk all over her, she clearly helped the poor man, and that I sincerely hope will be his undoing, but that ain't gonna happen, too many like Obama's check's and food cards in the mail, say good bye to the usa as we have all known it, and if you are a lib, the monkey's on your back, should be interesting about 40 years from now to hear the tales told of what once was, and what could have been, and what morons were suckered by the misguided ego needy media..........

1. Josak profile image60

The states getting the most of those welfare checks are... red states so obviously welfare support is not a very significant factor in the vote.

Maybe you should familiarize yourself with a population schedule.

And to other posts:  Crowley did a good job?  Hardly, her bias was quite transparent, and I pray to the good Lord, that Obama will be a distant yet always painful memory of the USA.  Sadly, the current USA is allowed to ridicule statements such as I just made, and that you made in regard to the "good Lord", but not in reference to the "good Allah, or Mohammed" or whatever the heck Muslim's call their higher power - and more power to them, I've not a prob with that - just the hypocrisy of liberals.  A Lib Using "the Lord" and cheering those who jump all over ridiculing Christianity -- it is just pointless to talk with Bill Maher followers, and Maher of course is an Obama dude that has contributed a Million bucks -- so . . . jeez how pointless.

Do you really want a President who is just too busy with whatever that he can't stay up on the curve when one of our embassies are bombed?  What if it was a bombing of a little town in the eastern USA that took out 4 people?  Would you think our POTUS would know about that by his 10aM go to work meeting?  LOL

1. profile image0

I'll be glad when dinosaurs like you have finally moved aside so that innovators and people who understand the concept of progress can move this country forward.  You and your type are like a chain around the ankles of progress.

You apparently live under a rock with a tv tuned into FOX news, girl you need to grow up!

Yes, I suppose I should watch more than a few hours of MSNBc each day to get the clearer picture of Obama's debate prep and their readiness for a controlled situation. 

Lehrer will go down in history as the only honest moderator in this presidential election. Kudos to him.

All I can do is feel sorry for you, I do not watch MSNBC, I watched the debate on CNN actually....You are funny with your analysis of the moderators....do some research and form an actual opinion instead of spewing hatred and repeating talking points.

KFlippin, my those grapes seem sour...She did a great job actually! And I pray to the good Lord above this has saved Obama's campaign, because the awful picture you are painting is exactly the world ran by R/R...A world where the poor get poorer and the rich get richer...a world where women lose rights they gained generations ago and fought hard to attain..a world where minorities are pressed down or thrown right out of the country...Romney made it sound pretty, but that is what he said about immigration...This country is for ALL AMERICANS...not just rich, white Americans!

2. habee profile image92

I thought Candy C. did an excellent job. I'll admit, I was a little concerned that her "liberal bent" might show up, but it didn't. She was a real professional. In fact, I think she was actually a little tougher on Obama than she was on Romney.

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm surprised Habee...

Obama got 3:10 more speaking time, and Candy inappropriately interjected herself into the discussion. MODERATORS DO NOT MAKE ARGUMENTS. I'm furious over it... anybody familiar with the rules of debate knows that moderators don't fact-check, they don't correct, they don't make arguments. They allot time and ask questions.

1. movingout profile image60
          movingoutposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Habee called it the way she saw it. She's probably part of the Romney's 47%. It's sad to see a grown man cry when he doesn't get his way! lmao

1. profile image0

Yeah! I'm tired of Obama being given more time in the debates. He has had over 7 minutes to speak more than Romney between the two debates.

Debates are supposed to be equal-time. Here are how the segments went.

Q1 - R - O - R - O

Ok, that's fair.

Q2 - O - R - O - R - O

That's not fair.

From that point on, it was ALMOST equal time, but Obama continued to gain time through the debate.

Candy was in the Rose Garden when he said that and she should have called  BS on Romney,That tragedy should have never been politicized to begin with....she did the right thing!

1. profile image0

That's not the job of a moderator. Because it creates bias. A moderator can't fact-check all statements, or both candidates equally, so they aren't supposed to. It's bias.

3. habee profile image92

Sorry, Jaxson. I'm not a debate expert; I'm just being honest about my take on the debate.

1. profile image0

It's ok habee smile

I've done debate, I would be furious if a moderator interrupted me during my time to try and correct me. Also, they would never be allowed to moderate again after that. High school, college, in a debate club... it doesn't matter.

The worst part is the time. When she cheated Romney out of 2 minutes during the second question, he was fighting to get his fair time. She said 'don't worry, we're watching it', but he never got that time back. Romney had to fight for fair time in both debates, and ended up down 4 minutes the first one and 3 minutes the second one.

Also, it was very uncool of Obama to keep interrupting Romney during his 2-minute segments.

1. movingout profile image60

Uncool to interrupt Romney? You are kidding right? Lmao

1. profile image0

Yes.

When one candidate has 2 minutes to respond, it is very rude to interrupt.

That's the WHOLE POINT OF A FORMAL DEBATE. Equal speaking time, rules, respect.

1. profile image0

Just curious, I might have missed it, but did you get equally upset and express it on these forums when Romney interrupted Obama so many times in the first debate?

I don't think people expect these debates to be run like high school debate contests.  I don't recall ever seeing a debate where the candidates were strictly held to their time limits.  Moderators have always used some discretion.

1. profile image0

Are you kidding? The first debate, Romney was having to fight even more for equal time.

What you think of as 'interruption' was Romney trying to take control of his allotted time-spaces. Clearly, it didn't work, because Obama spoke for 4 minutes more.

He interrupted him because he was lying! I know I wouldn't be able to sit still with someone lying about me....Romney crawled all over him in the first debate, Obama remained quite and calm and presidential, it did not work...He had to call him out on his BS

1. profile image0

Listen, both candidates lied about each other.

It is NOT proper to interrupt during allotted time.

If you don't agree, then why have a debate in the first place? That's the whole point of the debate.

Jaxson, I understand that you are saying they should have played by the rules..I understand and agree...however, you seem to not want to admit Romney did not play by the rules either, that makes it a wash don't you think. All in all it was a good debate..Oh, I just wanted to point out, Obama pauses when he speaks, I believe it equals out in talk time..

1. profile image0

Ok. First question. Both candidates get equal time, neither interrupts.

Second question. Romney starts to talk, and Obama interrupts him. Ding Obama. Romney doesn't get as many speaking segments as Obama. Ding moderator.

Third question.  Obama interrupts Romney in the last segment.

Fourth question. No interruptions.

Fifth question. Obama interrupts Romney during Romney's initial 2 minutes.

Sixth question: Nothing

7th or 8th question: Obama interrupts Romney

9th question. Romney does speak while Obama is speaking, referencing Obama's promise to get immigration reform done his first year.

Libya question, it all falls down. Tons of interrupting of Romney's time.

Later on: Again Obama interrupts Romney

I just listed that after going through the transcript.

Romney did interrupt Obama once. Obama interrupted Romney multiple times during 6 segments.

4. Cody Hodge5 profile image68
          Cody Hodge5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

U mad, bro?

Is that really what you got out of it?

1. profile image0

Those are the facts about the bias of the moderator.

I got a lot more out of the debate, but I'm tired of moderators who don't moderate.

Do you think it's fair for the POTUS to get 4 minutes more speaking time in one debate, and 3 minutes more speaking time in the second? Is that your idea of fair?

6. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 11 years ago

Loved Obama tonight.  I thought Candy Crowley did great, much better than her male counterpart, Jim Lehrer.  By the way, I don't recall anyone judging Lehrer on his appearance.  It's a shame that some people still will look at a successful, professional woman and notice her physical imperfections.  Shameful.

1. profile image0

She played the role of a biased moderator very well.

Obama got 3:10 more speaking time, and she interrupted Romney to fact-check him, which is outside of the scope of an independent moderator.

Seriously, that is a gigantic offense for a moderator.

1. profile image0

Fact checking is a giant offense?  I wish we had more of it from our corporate-owned media.

1. profile image0

I am glad she pointed out Romney was off.

2. profile image0

From an independent moderator, yes. It is a huge offense.

She is neither in the position to do so, nor capable of independently fact-checking both candidates. The fact that she only did it to Romney shows bias.

Or, do you not understand the definition of bias?

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
            Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Candy Crowley Embarrasses Herself, Falsely 'Corrects' Romney on Libya
            By Matthew Sheffield | October 16, 2012 |

Candy Crowley is continuing to embarrass herself, repeatedly intervening to save a floundering President Obama.

Her most disgraceful act tonight was her incorrect seconding of Obama's statement that he declared the Libya terrorist attacks to be "terror." While Obama did indeed use the word, this is not what he meant by it. Instead, he was simply referring to "acts of terror." There was no mention of Al Qaeda or any of its affiliates with respect to the actual attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi.

Crowley bungled the facts in attempting to save Obama from his administration's dreadful bungling of the Libya situation. She owes the American people an apology for inserting herself into the debate in such an inappropriate and embarrassing fashion.

Obama deliberately quoted himself out of context and Crowley not only allowed him to do so, she validated his intentionally narrow reading of the facts as he pleaded for her to come to his rescue.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sh … z29WYQgcln

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image68

So, I guess this isn't a difficult, evolving issue that may very well have been a combination of two things at once? Nah, everything is just black and white.

2. profile image0

Oh, Jaxson, your debate tactics have deteriorated lately.  Questioning my knowledge of the word "bias"?  Really?  That's pretty lame.

As far as being in a position to fact-check, I would say that if a journalist knows a candidate is wrong, they should say so.  Now, the question is, did Obama say anything during the debate that Crowley knew was wrong when he said it?  If he did and she didn't correct him, then yes, that isn't fair and could indicate bias.

1. profile image0

No, PP. The job of an independent moderator is not to try and fact-check, or correct anything that is said. It is to give equal-time to both candidates, and steer the discussion.

It is strictly outside of the scope of a moderator, in ANY debate, to act in that position. Do you want to see the rules for the debate?

1. profile image0

No, not really.

1. profile image0

Ah, so you don't care about a moderator going outside the scope of her job, and only correcting one candidate?

1. profile image0

That's your interpretation.

You asked if I wanted to see the rules and I said no.

2. movingout profile image60

And the rules also said the candidates couldn't question the other candidate. And who was the first to break that rule? Romney! Get real!

2. habee profile image92

I disagree, Jaxson. She also upheld Romney's claim about the POTUS's continued effort to blame the attack on the video. I thought she was more than fair.

1. profile image0

She contradicted herself on that. She said it took 2 weeks for that idea to come out, but then reaffirmed Romney's statement about it being a reaction to a video.

The problem is, that's not her job at all. Romney was speaking, and she interrupted him to fact-check. It's outrageous. Call it because I"m involved with formal debate, but it's just bias.

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image71
      crazyhorsesghostposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree 100 percent. If they don't all look like the blonde weather girl then some people will point out every imperfection. Sad state of affairs there.

We should not judge. At least not on personal body imperfections.

I think Obama won. But I'm neither a Obama fan or a Romney fan. Sad we couldn't have better more qualified candidates who would have America on their mind. That and the troubles facing America.

3. tammybarnette profile image60

Probably due to the fact that when liberals lost, hands down, we toook responsibility and admitted the truth instead of trying to deflect and throw a tantrum like a two year old child:)

4. KFlippin profile image61

Lehrer was crucified by liberals for being too lenient and most pointed to his age, so pick your permissable liberal criticism - age, sex, physical state, mental state .

1. profile image0

I never heard a single person mention his age as a factor in his performance as moderator, and I read a LOT.

I'm still wondering about your fascination with the composition of Candy's ass, especially as it relates to her competence as a moderator.

Are you really a chauvinistic old man using Wonder Woman as a cover?.

Never seen that, but, if you give me proof I will concede that you were right and not throw a tantrum and call you ugly...

1. profile image0

big_smile

5. habee profile image92

I agree. What does her appearance have to do with it?

As for the debate itself, it was pretty close, IMO. I'd give Obama a slight edge. I was disappointed in both men, though. I learned only one thing that I didn't already know: Romney searched for women to be in his cabinet when he was governor. I'm sure that's going to be a huge issue. (insert sarcasm)

I actually got pretty bored and began "grading" the men on their grammar. I heard BO make 2 mistakes, and MR make one. That's how I used to entertain myself at long, boring meetings and conferences when I was a teacher. lol

I'm still voting for Romney, BTW.

CNN poll results coming in:

Who won? 45 BO, 39 MR

Romney better for economy, taxes, deficit.

Obama better on healthcare.

Romney got better leader.

Obama got more likable.

Romney answered questions more directly.

Obama attacked more.

In the focus group of indies, 25% more likely to vote for BO now, 25% more likely to vote for MR now, 48% said neither.

I am amazed they would say Obama attacked more, that sure is not the way I saw it...but you are right, not much new material...there were 8% more republicans in the polls as well

1. habee profile image92

NO, there weren't. There were 33% Rs, 33% Ds, and the rest indies. Those numbers are 8% more Rs than standard polls use. More Rs watched the debate, according to CNN.

More from CNN's scientific poll:

Who best would handle foreign affairs?  49 O, 47 R

Will Obama's plan help the economy? 38 yes, 61 no

Will Romney's plan help the economy? 49 yes, 50 no

That is what he just said about the polls you were quoting on CNN?

Habee, I see what you are saying, more Republicans than a standard poll, yes that is what I thought I said, but it is what I meant...thanks for clarifying:)

2. habee profile image92

They're 8% more R than the other polls they use. For the debate polls, they used an equal number of Rs and Ds.

So 34% independant, did it mention by chance, independants straight out or undecided, as in maybe former Obama supporters or former R's that voted Obama? Or did they clarify at all? I was typing away on you forum here and missed some stuff:D

1. habee profile image92

I didn't hear, so I'm not sure.

2. profile image0

I'm surprised that Romney won on taxes, given that he won't provide any specifics. 

I used to say my vote for Obama would cancel out my husband's vote for Romney, but ever since Romney picked Ryan as his running mate, my Republican hubby has returned to the Obama fold.  Tonight, he said Romney looked like a constipated robot.  lol

I agree with your surprise on Romney winning the tax issue. And yes, there were some shots where Romney didn't even flinch for what felt like hours.

I liked the part especially when he got that cold stare going after he thought he had Obama on the whole Libya issue.....

Add a cackling laugh and a cat to stroke and he would have been Dr. Evil..

7. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

Obama 6 and Romney 4...Obama the clear winner. How can anyone working and just making it vote for Romney after his 47% comment behind closed doors is beyond me! That is an insult to working Americans and shows he's totally out of touch with the middle class!

8. movingout profile image60

Romney answered questions more directly? Was I watching a different debate? lol....He avoided answering questions!

9. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 11 years ago

Also, about the assault weapons ban Romney signed.

I looked into that a couple of weeks ago, it's pretty bad... nobody seems to know what was actually signed.

It wasn't a new ban. Massachusetts already had a state-level ban, that wasn't set to expire. The problem was one of the definitions in the state ban basically said

"This refers to weapons as define in Federal Statute X". When the federal ban was set to expire, that would cause legal confusion, so they changed it to
    "This refers to weapons as defined in Federal Statute X, as of 1994". It didn't take away any gun rights, and actually expanded gun rights.

The bill was endorsed by the NRA at the time.

1. habee profile image92

True. As a strong 2nd Amendment supporter, I checked that out a long time ago.

I don't think it's fair that BO got more time in both debates, so I'm with you there.

2. movingout profile image60

You sound like a sore louser! Romney lost! Oh well. Obama lost the first debate. Oh well!

1. profile image0

Haha, they both won on different points.

I'm talking about the fairness of the debate. If a debate isn't fair, then there is no point in having it.

2. OLYHOOCH profile image60

Well, I think I mentioned a while back, The 2012 Election, was going to be one, Like you have never seen in Your lifetime.

I am 70, and this is a Dandy. Continue on, People.

WE, have ONE more to go.

OLY

3. movingout profile image60

Sorry, ROmney lost. Nothing worse then a sore winner and a sore loser. The debate was fair. Unfair was breaking the rule by Romney, interupting POTUS to ask him a question.

4. movingout profile image60

I guess rules are only for candidates representing the 47%! lol

5. profile image0

Meh, fine. Clearly none of Obama's supporters here think that it shows bias that moderators gave more time to Obama in both debates.

Whatever. I support real debates, where independent moderators keep things on equal ground.

6. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 11 years ago

So, boys and girls...what will this debate do to the polls?

It will at least slow Romney's momentum. I don't think this was a knock out blow for either side. It will certainly come down to the rubber match.

2. profile image0

I honestly don't think it will change a thing. People were more impressed with Romney on the economy... and that's the most important.

Oh, and Obama ticked off gun enthusiasts all over the nation with his talk about a new ban. That is NOT going to help him.

7. movingout profile image60

I give little to no merit to polls. I do think, and I'll say it again, the 47% comment Romney made behind doors will be instrumental in his losing the election.

I don't think we will see much change in the polls...R's and D's were both happy with their guy, stimulated the bases...This will be a dead heat, that's my two cents.
        Movingout, I pray your right about that, but it hasn't changed anyone here? And I highly doubt they are the 1% hangin at the hub...I am shocked it hasn't made a much bigger impact...they got a glance of the man behind the curtain and still support him...

8. movingout profile image60

Were you using a stopwatch? Was the device calibrated for accuracy? LOL You got to be kidding!

1. profile image0

CNN was.

9. profile image0

I also disagree that Obama won. Romney messed up on foreign policy, but won economic debate.

To be fair, Romney was both correct and incorrect about the Benghazi thing. It was referred to as an act of terror, in retaliation to the videos.

How did he win the economic debate? By offering more vague ideas and pointing to his "stellar" record as governor in Massachusetts?

47th in job creation

Balanced the budget because the law said so

I'd also like to know more about HOW he managed to turn a profit for the Salt Lake City games. Its not a secret that the IOC is fairly corrupt.

1. profile image0

Like Obama said, he wants us to accept a very "sketchy deal."

1. profile image0

Lol, you guys ask for specifics, and when they are given, you ignore them.

No hope, you're not being honest with yourselves.

Romney answered, AGAIN, how he could specifically reduce tax rates and keep it revenue neutral.

No he didn't...

He gave some vague response about "$25,000 in the bucket" or some malarkey like that....

1. profile image0

And that is a SPECIFIC answer to how he could lower rates and limit deductions. It would work too.

If someone makes $1 million, and has to pay 28% on at least $975,000 of that, what would their effective tax rate be?

You believe anything he says right?

Anyway, focus here....

$25,000 was a random number, not exactly a plan.

1. profile image0

It demonstrates the principle.

So, answer the question. Would it work?

(If you believe in math, you basically have to say yes)

So, when someone asks 'How could you do that?', why is not explaining one method not a legitimate answer?

Uh, no not so much.

2. profile image0

47th is dishonest.

He took the state from 50th his first year, to 28th his last year. That's an improvement, isn't it?

Balanced the budget, as required by law. Yet, the previous administration was running a HUGE deficit.

Cut spending for schools, but improved test scores.

He won that part by showing that Obama has done nothing but fail and break promises.

Less people employed now than when Obama took office. Nowhere near where he said we would be. Instead of cutting deficits in half, he added over $5 trillion to our debt. Wages down, healthcare costs up(another broken promise).

People are smart... Obama's policies aren't working.

1. profile image0

Speaking of dishonesty  wages have been down for many years (both parties), and health care costs have been rising for the same years.

It's not a partisan thing.  When we get two sides of the same corporate coin to choose from in an election, it's not surprising we would get these issues. 

To blame stagnant wages and rising medical costs on Obama, ESPECIALLY when he inherited a financial recession (which economists point out are worse than normal recessions) is just an elementary confusion of correlation with causation.

1. profile image0

If you have a president promise things, then he can't deliver, why should he get a free ride because it was out of his control?

1. profile image0

I'm not naive enough to believe any politician when they make grandiose promises.

I vote based on general principles.  I assume, if my candidate wins, he/she will disappoint.

Jaxson, He did tell his plans to give all thesetax breaks, get rid of estate taxes,etc.etc....it just all the same things R's do, and it does not work...when you do things correctly, it takes time to see the results..have you ever got stuck in a bad financial situation personally, how long did it take you to dig out, how much did you have to cut back on luxuries...I don't understand R's...it's a proven fact that D's create more jobs, they try to help all of Americans, they try to find ways to keep SS and medicaid afloat...the bottom line to me is that D's fight for the little guys....Now if you are a big stock market guy and have a bunch of money off shore I understand why you like Romney...And I can not fathom why any woman would vote for R/R...they are messing with women's rights...I will never understand...I am sure you will never understand why I feel the way I do..a wash...

1. habee profile image92

Because some women are totally against abortion.

habee, I am one of those women, but it is not place to tell others what to do, that's wrong, it's unconstitutional....you and I both have a lot of kids, suppose they controlled how many children were allowed to be born(like China) what would you think of that? I believe in liberty and justice for all, even if my personal values are strictly Christian.

1. habee profile image92

I wasn't including myself there. I think early abortion should be legal. A lot of women I know are totally against abortion and think it shouldn't be legal.

Sorry Habbe, I misinterprted your comment...can I ask, why do you like Romney? Are you conservative or an independant or center leans right? I am center leans left, but have always voted Dem.

10. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 11 years ago

Undecided voters in FOX focus group:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ … omney.html

1. profile image0

Romney is going to win. I know what the CNN poll said, but when you consider

Obama's record on the economy, and broken promises related to it.
        Obama now supporting assault weapon ban.

I think those two things are going to hit him HARD.

I also hope Romney hits Obama again on Benghazi, with better wording, in the next debate. He didn't even bring up the prior attacks, or requests for extra security.

And Obama never brought up the fact that the GOP wanted to cut funds for security.....

1. profile image0

Wrong. The proposed cuts weren't specifically outlined for security, so that's not true.

1. habee profile image92

Didn't the State Dept. testify that the cuts had nothing to do with the security problem?

1. profile image0

Probably.. but who cares about what they say?

I haven't read the transcript yet tongue

11. Cody Hodge5 profile image68
      Cody Hodge5posted 11 years ago

“Despite your own private-sector experience, as you know, Massachusetts ranked only 47th in job creation during your tenure as governor.”

The Romney campaign doesn’t challenge the statistic.....

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/ … ina-trinko

1. profile image0

AVERAGED over the 4 years, yes.

But, his first year it was 50th. The last year it was 28th. Do you call that an improvement or not?

12. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 11 years ago

Here's the scoop from CNN:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 … in-debate/

Romney got an 18-point advantage on the economy.

To be fair, I'm not necessarily saying that Romney isn't ahead on that issue, I'm just not sure why.

13. profile image0

Oh yes, one other thing. When Romney brought up Fast and Furious, Obama said "Candy", and Candy interrupted Romney to change the subject.

But, that couldn't be bias, could it? To make sure someone doesn't claim he was going off topic, the question was posed to Obama 'What has your administration done to keep AK47s out of the hands of criminals", and Fast and Furious was a program that put them INTO the hands of criminals.

So yeah, there's that good moderating again.

Again, you're wrong...

Romney starting rambling about something that wasn't part of the question he was asked.

He was then stopped.

1. profile image0

Haha!

I PUT THAT IN MY POST! THE QUESTION WAS:

"President Obama, during the Democratic National Convention in 2008, you stated you wanted to keep AK-47s out of the hands of criminals. What has your administration done or plan to do to limit the availability of assault weapons?"

How is a program that put assault weapons into the hands of criminals not related to the question about keeping assault weapons out of the hands of criminals?!!??!??!??!?!??!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!??!

Do you REALLY want to claim it is off-topic?

2. habee profile image92

I didn't like that. Obama didn't want to answer the question, so he called on Candy to rescue him.

1. profile image0

As I've said before habee, I really respect you smile

1. habee profile image92

Thank you, Jax. The feeling is mutual! (Isn't that a line from Young Frankenstein?)

1. profile image0

I only saw that once... it was disturbing big_smile

1. habee profile image92

I LOVE that movie!

3. tammybarnette profile image60

Jaxson, that was Obama following your precious rules!!!

1. profile image0

What rule?

Is it not the rule that they are not suppose to speak to one another directly? He said continue sir, or something like that, he was calling for Candy to call him out on breaking the rule...as he did continually

1. profile image0

No, that wasn't what was happening there.

Romney did talk directly to Obama earlier, after Obama kept interrupting him. I thought it was clever, Obama kept interrupting, so Romney called him out on his lie about permits. Obama tried to backpedal, but the simple answer is that he cut permits.

Wasn't the way I read that, but as I said we see things very differently, good night guys, sweet dreams and god bless smile

1. habee profile image92

Sleep tight, Tammy.

14. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 11 years ago

Hey, pals - I just had a sobering thought. What are we going to talk about after the election hoopla is over?? lol

1. profile image0

sad

I won't be talking about much sad

Hopefully I'll be bragging about how many dresses my wife is selling. She's recouped over 25% of our start-up costs in one week!

1. habee profile image92

Awesome! About the dresses - not about your not talking much.

15. Mighty Mom profile image79
      Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

So can anyone answer this question? Is it, or is it not the pervue of the Department of Energy to set gas prices???

1. profile image0

Lol, I was frustrated by that.

Presidential candidates would fail formal debate classes!

2. Miss Belgravia profile image60
        Miss Belgraviaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, the Department of Energy does not set gas prices. Gasoline/oil is a commodity, and world-wide supply and demand determines the price. The difference in gasoline prices from country to country is primarily because of the amount of taxes that are added to the price of gasoline. The president has no control over gasoline prices, and it's ridiculous that this topic even gets brought up in a debate.

16. Cody Hodge5 profile image68
      Cody Hodge5posted 11 years ago

Fair enough assuming that is what his tax plan looks like.

However,

The top 1 percent would NEVER go for that

1. profile image0

I'm proud of you. Honestly. I've tried to explain that before, but nobody listened.

Don't you think they would go for something that keeps effective rates stable?

2. profile image0

Also, if you think that, then what point is there giving Obama credit for wanting to raise taxes on the top 2%? Will they go for that?

Eh, slightly different though. What Obama is proposing is simply letting a temporary tax cut expire for the top 1-2, 5 percent?

Its only a tax increase in technical terms. And yes, I feel the same way when people say its a tax increase for middle class Americans if they have their cuts expire. Its a rollback more than anything.

1. profile image0

Are they going to go for a tax increase(net effect is an increase) over a tax 'cut'(net effect is nothing)?

17. profile image0

Listen, it doesn't matter. You believe that it was unfair for Romney to fight for the right to speak for 4 minutes less than Obama... that says it all.

1. Josak profile image60

It's very simple when you interrupt the moderator you cost the whole debate time because their is a pause then the moderator has to explain etc. etc. and things go above time but not all that time is Romney's because his interruption takes time from the moderator too so since Romney was supposed to speak last he gt less time through his own fault but got his comments in when he wanted them. Very simple.

1. profile image0

I can't believe you guys are still arguing this point about debate time.  I went to bed and slept for 7 hours!  lol

2. profile image0

Yes, Romney WAS supposed to speak last in the first segment, since Obama spoke first.

But the moderator kept trying, 3 times I believe, to let Obama get the last word in.

Romney didn't get less time through his own fault, that's just ridiculous. He had to speak over the moderator to get THE SAME NUMBER OF SPEAKING BLOCKS. How does that make it his fault?

18. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

http://imageshack.us/a/img90/3469/47418101511113602639201.jpg

1. profile image0

LOL, if only Mitt Romney had that guy's charisma.

The women in binders part didn't bother me.  It was the idea that women need more flexibility to be home with the family.  Don't men need that, too?

1. Greek One profile image63
          Greek Oneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

all the women i put in my binders must have flexibility

1. habee profile image92

Yep, they'd have to be pretty darn flexible to fit into a binder...maybe even be contortionists. lol

From my personal collection.. "Binder #44 - Flexible Women of HubPages"

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7276460_f248.jpg

1. habee profile image92

It would have to be a big binder. lol

2. habee profile image92

I don't understand the hoopla about the comment on binders.

19. profile image0
      DMartelonlineposted 11 years ago

I saw this tweet this morning and almost choked because frankly, it never crossed my mind when it was said:

"#Romney said a child raised by a single parent had a poor chance of life success. Ironically, he was sharing the stage with one! #debate"

20. Greek One profile image63

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbwzlqe8e71rj18uyo1_1280.jpg

21. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

In early Obama White House, female staffers felt frozen out

Friction about the roles of women in the Obama White House grew so intense during the first two years of the president’s tenure that he was forced to take steps to reassure senior women on his staff that he valued their presence and their input.

At a dinner in November 2009, several senior female aides complained directly to the president that men enjoyed greater access to him and often muscled them out of key policy discussions.

“I remember once I told Valerie that, I said if it weren’t for the president, this place would be in court for a hostile workplace,” Dunn is heard telling Suskind. “Because it actually fit all of the classic legal requirements for a genuinely hostile workplace to women.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ … story.html

Barack Obama's White House Pays Women 18 Percent Less Than Men

BY: KENRIC WARD

Amid the Republicans' alleged "war on women," female employees in the Obama White House earn considerably less than their male colleagues, records show.

According to the 2011 report compiled by the White House, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000).

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/blog/b … t-less-men

Jus sayin!  smile

1. lorlie6 profile image73

Hey, Cags-
        Give me stats/links on this under past Republican administrations...

Just sayin' smile
        (Just teasing, promise!)

Can you find instances of one candidate hypocritically claiming their opponents are conducting a "war on women"?

It would not be an issue if there were not false claims made by an administration that has nothing to offer except criticism of their challenger.  The whole glass house analogy and all!  smile

BTW: If you look at both the writing of Cagsil and compare it to me, I believe you will see that in no way could we possibly be the same entity.  Even though we agree on many subjects and I have the utmost respect for him, he is not me....  smile

Besides, since we both posted to many of the same threads, HP would have banned us for TOS violations.  And since, as far as I know, Cags is not admitted to participate in the forums, if we were the same person, HP would bring the hammer down hard!

WAR ON WOMEN?!?!?

GOOD GOD, MAN!!!

HE WANTS TO HOLE PUNCH THEM AND INSERT THEM INTO BINDERS!

HAVE YOU NO FEMALE RELATIVES!?!!?!?

WHERE IS YOUR DECENCY!?!!?

1. habee profile image92

lol

2. lorlie6 profile image73

Now you, Greek One, are of the same cloth.  Seems we liberals are in the minority, the 49% minority.
              I think you rock, indeed.

3. Reality Bytes profile image74

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbbKolj75eY6gy07CGGOMkwras3ijDAVCjpFVFHWM5qsCysOSeYg

lol

22. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

Nice of our president to elevate his daughters to the status of "senior staff members"  in order to coerce the taxpayer to pay for their vacation!  Sounds slightly fraudulent and bordering on criminal.

From the link:

“This junket wasted tax dollars and the resources of our overextended military. No wonder we had to sue to pry loose this information.”

Judicial Watch Obtains Documents Detailing the Cost to Taxpayers for Michelle Obama’s Family Trip to Africa

Charges for the Aircraft and Crew Alone Amount to $424,142

Washington, DC — October 4, 2011

Judicial Watch, the organization that investigates and fights government corruption, announced today that it has obtained mission expense records and passenger manifests from the United States Air Force related to the June 21-27, 2011, trip taken by First Lady Michelle Obama, her family and her staff to South Africa and Botswana. Judicial Watch obtained the documents pursuant to an August 19, 2011, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Air Force (No. 11-1496)). Judicial Watch is investigating the purpose and itinerary of the trip as well as a breakdown of the costs to taxpayers.

On June 28, 2011, Judicial Watch filed a FOIA request seeking the mission taskings, transportation records, and passenger manifests for Michelle Obama’s Africa trip. Documents were only provided after Judicial Watch filed suit:

According to U.S. Department of Defense’s published hourly rates for the C-32A aircraft used for the trip, Judicial Watch calculated the total cost to American taxpayers was $424,142 for use of the aircraft (34.8 flight hours x $12,188 per hour). (The C-32 is a specially configured military version of the Boeing 757.) Other expenses – meals (off the plane), transportation, security, various services, etc. – have yet to be disclosed.

The passenger manifests confirm the presence of Obama’s daughter’s, Malia and Sasha on the trip. The two girls are listed as “Senior Staff.” The manifests also list Mrs. Obama’s mother, Marian Robinson, and niece and nephew, Leslie and Avery Robinson, as well Mrs. Obama’s makeup and hairstylist (Carl Ray and Johnny Wright).

The expense records also show $928.44 was spent for “bulk food” purchases on flight. Overall, during the trip, 192 meals were served for the 21 passengers on board.

The professed purpose of Michelle Obama’s trip to South Africa and Botswana was to encourage young people living in the two growing democracies to become involved in national affairs; and during her scheduled stops in Pretoria and Cape Town, South Africa and in Gaborone, the capital of Botswana, the First Lady used the opportunity to speak on education, health and wellness issues.The trip also included such tourist events as visits to historical landmarks and museums, plus a nonworking chance to send time with Nelson Mandela, a meeting that Mrs. Obama described as “surreal.” The trip ended with a private family safari at a South African game reserve before the group returned to Washington on June 27.“This trip was as much an opportunity for the Obama family to go on a safari as it was a trip to conduct government business,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room … to-africa/

1. profile image0
        DMartelonlineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OK Lets see:

CBS News: http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-204_162-708366.html
        MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7918891/ns/ … H7_K2_A8Yk

124 million dollar vacation (Pay us back it says!) http://www.politicususa.com/gop-owes-ta … ravel.html

Bush daughters volunteer during vacation (in S Africa) http://www.boston.com/news/world/africa … ?page=full

Bush daughters join Flotus in S Africa: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2005 … -cape-town

History of FLOTUS trips to S Africa  http://communities.washingtontimes.com/ … bush-twin/

So much for facts smile

I see no problem with any first lady representing the nation overseas, Hillary also took a worldwide trip with Chelsea.  The problem is making fraudulent statements.  Ask anyone on social security the consequences of committing fraud on a government document. 

The taxpayer is obligated to cover travel expenses for the Potus, Boehner was out of line.  Bush actually worked while in Crawford, but hey, if you can convince enough people to initiate an investigation, I am all for it.

I do not have time at the moment to look through the rest of the links  I want to post my reply before my PC times out, I am interested and will read through the rest in a little while.  Thanks for providing some stuff for me to consider. smile

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
            Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did Hilary make a "fraudulent statement?" This topic is a complete waste of time. Why are we making such a big deal about the terrorist attack tragedy in Benghazi when we lost thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan. All the GOP is doing is playing political "gotcha." Same with the issue of the U.S. agent killed on the border. It's not as if there's a shortage of guns in Mexico made in good old USA and shipped to the drug gangs in Mexico so that our supply of drugs won't be interrupted. What difference does it make which gun made in USA killed the agent?

23. Greek One profile image63

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/f/o/4/clinton-binder-of-women.jpg

1. habee profile image92

Double lol !

24. Greek One profile image63

Staples Inc is up +0.26 (2.30%) in today's trading

http://pyd.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/staples-avery-binder-335x300.png

Heh heh heh-economic upswing!!!

1. habee profile image92

See? Mitt's already improving the economy! lol

Oh, my...wink

25. Greek One profile image63

My great grandfather (rest his soul), used to sit me down and tell me...

.."If there are only 2 things you remember to do as a man, it's keep your dog on the roof of your car and your women in a binder"

I miss him so
      sad

1. habee profile image92

Greek, on average, how many women will fit in a binder?

baby, i needs me a filing cabinet to keep track of my ladies!

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/nruboc/nruboc0705/nruboc070500010/901461-a-file-cabinet-with-a-customer-service-woman-coming-out.jpg

26. Greek One profile image63

I once met an environmentally conscious pimp who, in order to limit waste, kept his staple of prostitutes in a duo-(pou)-tang

27. profile image56
      evandrolineposted 11 years ago

sera tudo isso certo

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)