Definine terrorists

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (33 posts)
  1. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 11 years ago

The popular  saying that  ALL MUSLIMS ARE NOT TERRORISTS BUT ALL TERRORISTS ARE MUSLIMS has some truth in it.
    And, people tend to think that a Muslim is guilty until he is proven innocent. This seems have some logic in it too.

What is your take on these?

1. Josak profile image61
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What religion is and in recent times has been the most oppressed violated and colonized in the world? From Algiers to Israel to India to Africa to the American invasions the more injustice inflicted on a group of people the more likely they are to strike out in anger and when people get angry they turn to monsters to defend them, people like Bin-Laden would have been laughed out of existence if the injustice was not there but instead they were lauded as heroes in many parts and were financially aided by average good people like the vast majority of humans are because of the conditions that they suffered.

The only way to prevent terrorism is to avoid creating the conditions that foster it, push any group too far and terrorism will become widespread. It is however completely false to claim that all terrorists are Muslims we have Christian terrorists, right wing terrorists, communist terrorists, eco terrorists, nationalist terrorists etc. etc.

2. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My take is that this an ignorant response to the unrest and conflict that the US is spreading around the world.  Especially in the Muslim world.

I doubt that sitting behind America's big guns you can see beyond the barrel - but I have to say that, if you came to England and bombed all my neighbours and killed my family - then I would surely come and find you and kill you, and your family, and your friends and anyone remotely like you.  I guess you would feel the same if you were honest, and if you would, then how can you blanket condemn anyone else for it ?

1. readytoescape profile image61
        readytoescapeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why don’t you attempt to explain just how it is that the US is, to paraphrase, “spreading conflict and unrest around the world.”

1. Ciax profile image57
          Ciaxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Check where one comes from.

Damn!!  and you could have asked a hard question, even an intellignet one big_smile

Vietnam, South America, Cuba, Iraq, Libya, Syria and these are just a few key places along the way.

2. Ciax profile image57

"and your family, and your friends and anyone remotely like you."

"And, people tend to think that a Muslim is guilty until he is proven innocent. This seems have some logic in it too."

You have explained why America is seeking revenge throughout the world.

1. recommend1 profile image60

Yeah !  Vietnam attacked you first I guess, Iraq clearly sent cruisemissiles into all your major cities, Libya sent their huge fleet to threaten your shores - grow up man!!  nobody has attacked America with any military since Japan,  Even Al Quaeda were trained and funded by the US as terrorists used against Russia in Afghanistan, they only turned on the US after the massive increase in aggression by the US on Muslim countries.

1. Pearldiver profile image65
            Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ono Panda.....

...  Did you miss that annual window of breeding opportunity again???  sad

... Is that why you are beating up the drone pilots again????  sad

lol

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
            SomewayOuttaHereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey R1...it's been awhile...you've been busy and away.........................busy, busy, busy

Hey PD!....good to run into you....now about that mullet.......time for a change!

Just kidding... just kidding... I meant Dreds... sorry... you got your break away...Yeaaaa smile
              Got some reading to catch up on then..... where's your new works Someway??

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

haven't been inspired PD....using my camera though!...one day i'll write again

Cool... did you get any blue shots??
                  Have a look at the blue shots I took and just published ML..

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

i get ya....good shots!...yor pretty creative PD!...thank you......

3. maxoxam41 profile image65
            maxoxam41posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you. Just imbeciles see the US as a peace machine.

4. Ciax profile image57

You should have preached that same gospel to Hitler, Stalin, British colonists, and the rest of their types.

None of these had any valid reason to attack the people they did. America is rather a new entry into the game.

I guess you are a young guy and reaonably patriotic and all - however, it is clear that you are unaware of the aggression practiced around the world by your armed forces, which are the biggest in the world by far.  It would be futile to discuss these issues with you as I also guess you have never seen any of the actions or the results of these actions anywhere, if you have ever been outside America.  You should take a backpack tour in the real world and discover how much Americans are disliked and shunned these days, after being welcomed almost everywhere just a couple of decades ago.

1. Ciax profile image57

Well my profile picture says that I am an old guy running in my fifties. Besides, I am a person from Budapest. Being an European, I view America (for the most part) like a mild disease.

I was trying to find objectivity.

Would a German be 'disliked and shunned these days' almost everywhere, because they had tortured so many Jews?

We have had over 60 years to come to terms with German atrocities, and Japanese.  The bombs and drone missiles are still falling, the prison camp is still at Guantanemo and I guess so is the torturing.  I guess in 60 years or so we might also have come to terms with this latest 'desease'.

2. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 11 years ago

Racism and religion aside, one man's bad guy is another's good guy.   In World War Two, partisans and the French Resistance  fighters were good guys to the Allies, but to the Nazis, insurrectionists and rebels.  Even in good old USA the South's soldiers in the Civl War were 'rebs' to the North and heroes to the South.   It's a matter of perspective; who's side you're on.

To the earlier colonial powers such as Britain, France, and earlier, Spain and Portugal any move to take back their own country by the locals and they were branded, 'outlaws.'

Robin Hood of Olde England:  outlaw to the Sherrif of Nottingham and King John.  Good guy to Richard the Lion Heart.   I think you'll get the picture. 

I guess the true terrorist is the person who hates just about anyone for no particular reason.   Such don't really need a reason.  If they don't have one...well...they'll simply make one up.

I think you may find the difference is in the tactics and objectives. In your examples each attacked or battled military forces. A terrorist attacks and victimizes an innocent and more often than not, an unsuspecting public that rarely has the opportunity or then means to fight back.

1. aguasilver profile image69
        aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As in Obama sending drones as wedding presents into Pakistan?

Oh dear !  You are clearly unaware that the US is killing women, children and other civilians by firing missiles into village halls and private houses in countries it has not even had the courtesy to declare war on ?  You missed the hundreds of thousands of dead and injured civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya - let alone the huge numbers of civilians murdered in CIA backed terrorist actions in South America !  And the same quantity of bombs and ordinance that were used inthe second world war dropped onto Laos, and the one million plus civilians slaughtered in that war.

3. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 11 years ago

The US and its citizenry provide more foreign aid and contribute more to private charity supporting other nations and its peoples, than all other nations combined. The US exports technology and modernization to improve the infrastructure of nations around the world.  The US and its military is solely responsible for many of the freedoms the majority of nations around the world enjoy. The US in many cases is the reason you have the Freedom and Liberty to hate us. How many times must you be rescued before you are appreciative?

1. Ciax profile image57

We appreciate the fortunes that you have lavished upon us weaklings. But also remember, we might not have needed them if you were only absent from the game. You have created the need.

Example?

The Native Americans didn't need modernity until a gang of looter arrived to extort them. Now they are busy sending their kids to the best kindergarten in the town, instead of sending them to the Great Spirit. People don't need money unless they have been made poor.

Was it the US that started World War One? As I recall it was European expansionism that resulted in the deaths of more than 16,563,000 people.

Was It The US that Started World War Two? Again I believe it was European Expansionism and Fascism that resulted in an estimated 62,171,600 to 78,041,700 deaths.

Let’s see more than a hundred million people killed in just these two examples of European selfishness and greed. Examine it further and you will discover the Conflicts in Korea and Viet Nam are directly attributable to the aftermath of WW2. The Cold War, in which the US policies provided your freedom, and much of the trouble in the Middle East also a direct result of WW2.

1. Ciax profile image57

You jumped from Charity to Politics in less than 2 seconds.

“we might not have needed them if you were only absent from the game. You have created the need.”

That was not politics. That was history and I’m pretty sure I just demonstrated that the US did not create your “dependency.” And had The US been absent from the game I am very sure you would be living a very different lifestyle, if you were alive at all.

1. Ciax profile image57

In that case (if you're talking about history), you would be watching the pictures of Der Fuhrer instead of that of Obama , if you were alive at all.

It's all down to relative. It never ends.

What you said about American charity, was more interesting.

2. Josak profile image61
        Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not true, the US is the biggest contributor to foreign aid and charity but it is also the largest economy in the world so that is to be expected it does not contribute anything like more than all other nations combined the estimates I see put the figure at between one quarter and one fifth, the US is not particularly generous internationally being about average in the percentage of it's GDP it gives to foreign aid, significantly less than many European countries like the UK.

The US has helped many nations and destroyed and unjustly ravaged many too, from Cuba before the revolution to the whole of South America during the cold war to the colonist expansion into the Philippines. The US is neither the good guy nor the villain in international politics... it's both depending on the period and the part of the world.

2. maxoxam41 profile image65
      maxoxam41posted 11 years ago

I will daresay that since WW2, terrorism is American. The US has exported its inhumane methods wherever in the world it showed disagreement towards its administration.

3. kathleenkat profile image84
      kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

Terrorists aren't just Muslims. That's absurd.

Remember Hitler? He was white, and he sure loved terrorizing people.

A terrorist is anyone who intentionally inflicts fear into the minds of others, with the hopes that it will accomplish some sort of agenda.

4. ocbill profile image53
      ocbillposted 11 years ago

You are a terrorist if you make bombs to blow up buildings, planes, cars, buses with people in it.

You are a terrorist if you make large scale chemical agents to kill masses of people

You are a terrorist if you are a serial killer (you are terrorizing a community, city, state, etc)  Dahmer, Manson, Night Stalker,

You are a terrorist if you bomb sites that you know civilians live.
      ( I guess the USA is included. We know not all 600,000 Iraqis killed including infants were not terrorists.)

You are a terrorist if you intend to kill masses of people. Mass shooting included (Denver has had a few, Virginia Tech, Seal Beach Salon, Northern California campus).

It does not just stick to mainstream media's coverage of people with different religions overseas.

You know the IRAQ war is all BS, Just greed. To get oil. And oil/gas prices are even higher after the invasion. It was a buck 89 in California and 1.40 in Jersey in 2001.

recommend1 is telling the facts.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)