Your relationship to yourself

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (39 posts)
  1. CrisSp profile image72
    CrisSpposted 11 years ago

We normally have theme songs with our partner in life. Now, what would the theme song to your own life be? Mine would probably be: "Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide. No escape from reality. Open your eyes. Look up to the skies and see......" - you bet, Bohemian Rhapsody though I didn't kill the man! (:

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I love this question.

I have two theme songs and they apply to different moods.

My "happy everything is going my way" song is "It's a beautiful life" by Ace of Base.

My "don't mess with me" song is "It's my Life" by Jon Bonjovi.

2. NMLady profile image75
      NMLadyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Good Day Sunshine"  is my favorite.  At least it is what I try to live up to.  You know the old adage, that urges you to try and be as good a person as your dog thinks you are.....  And I DO believe that most people are about as happy as they decide to be.  (kinda trite but they work!)

CrisSpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

NMLady, is that the one by the Beatles?

2. heavenleigh707 profile image72
        heavenleigh707posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great thoughts, NMLady! I love it! Love that Beatles song too! Doesn't have to be complicated! wink

3. Shinkicker profile image54
      Shinkickerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

'I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down' by Elvis Costello. That would sure be mine.

I'm familiar with Elvis Costelo for his song "She" but never heard of "I can't Stand Up For Falling Down." --gotta go youtube to find out. Thanks.

4. heavenleigh707 profile image72

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" - Disney's Cinderella:

"No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true!"

Love this question, CrisSP!  Thank you for encouraging me to think about this. wink

Hello heavenleigh, I've almost forgotten about that song and thanks for reminding me...isn't it amazing how songs could actually have that huge impact in our  lives? I'm enjoying this thread and exchange of theme songs to ourselves. Glad to see you here.

1. heavenleigh707 profile image72

It really is a fun idea you came up with!

I remember singing the Cinderella song for my daughter's 2nd birthday, I believe. I got part way through and then got a little teary looking into her baby-girl eyes. Every time we've gone to Disneyland for a family vacation - it's been a special song for my daughter and I. She turns 22 this month. smile

Songs can give us hope - and allow us to feel so deeply and cry things out too sometimes. Big impact, yes! Again, thank you for this forum question!

5. craiglyn profile image53
      craiglynposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Right now and for the last while, since my hubby passed away one of my favourites songs that I sing out loud to, because it makes me feel good, is "Smile - though your heart is aching -  smile even though it's breaking"  sung by Il Volo  - in fact I put it on my website.   : )

Classic craiglyn...you're a woman of courage! Smile, though your heart is breakin'--Love to you from the sky~

2. heavenleigh707 profile image72

I LOVE that song too, Craiglyn. Sending thoughts of comfort and healing to you.

1. craiglyn profile image53

Thank you heavenleigh!!   Hubhugs!

2. rcrumple profile image77
    rcrumpleposted 11 years ago

Would have to say two theme songs here, also.  The first would be the Bee Gee's "I Started A Joke", and the second would be Jim Croce's "I Got A Name."  It would simply be a matter of scenario as to which would be played at the appropriate time.

rcrumple, Oh yes the BeeGees!

2. craiglyn profile image53

Love the Bee Gees -  and love the one they did with Celine Dion "Immortality".   Of course I'm really into that right now.  : )

3. CrisSp profile image72
    CrisSpposted 11 years ago

Oh, those are two good songs and I love Ace of base. Thanks for reminding me of them. I'd get their song in my Jukebox Page.

4. DS Duby profile image83
    DS Dubyposted 11 years ago

Monster by skillet cause I definitely can be one at times

DS Duby, now, you make me feel like rockin' "The secret side of me, I never let you see. I keep it caged but I can't control it". Lol!

1. DS Duby profile image83
        DS Dubyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Right on, right on!

DS Duby, just so you know this song is stuck in my head since yesterday even at work. Lol!

1. DS Duby profile image83
            DS Dubyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL I have the same problem whenever I hear it or in this case read it as well CrisSP

5. hawaiianodysseus profile image69
    hawaiianodysseusposted 11 years ago

A vintage song from Hawai'i, "Waialua Sky," plus the classic Simon & Garfunkel hit, "Homeward Bound," pretty much sums up the Hawaiian Odysseus theme. A close third would be "Honolulu City Lights."

Aloha and mahalo for asking the question, my friend! Keep flying the friendly skies!

Hello there my hawaiianodysseus! If that's the one sung by the Krush, then it's a very beautiful, sentimental song--one that gives me goosebumps. " I think of all the simple things. Like the sound of falling rain. Beneath Waialua Sky" ~

6. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

My two are:

'I'm Still Alive'  - Pearl Jam 

And

'I Remain' - Alanis Morrisette

Ah, that's the new song  from The Prince of Persia: "I Remain - Untouched, I do remain" - Alanis Morrisette, love that woman! Great fusion of soulful music and Arabic beat.

7. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 11 years ago

I wouldn't call this a theme song but I do feel that Adele was spying on me when she wrote it. Everything in the song is about my broken heart and the fact that the guy is now married with kids. The song is "Someone like you".

Yup, I know that song. I hubbed about it sometime back. Oopps, not intending to promote my work but the story behind that song will probably make you stagger with all honesty in the song. Adele made it for you--bullseye, eh? Beautiful song, beautiful artist!

8. Shaddie profile image77
    Shaddieposted 11 years ago

By and far the song that best describes me is Sarah Blasko's All I Want. Few songs captured my feelings about life so spot-on.

Shaddie, I honestly haven't heard of that and thank you for posting. Now, I'm curious to know and listen to the song.

9. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

My song definitely is I will Survive by Gloria Gaynor. It really inspires me and I will and have survived thus far.

That's great Gypsy Rose! That's a very powerful song depicts a very strong woman in you.

10. Zabbella profile image76
    Zabbellaposted 11 years ago

"I'm A Believer"  Speaks to me  because my love life is wonderful, as The  Monkees song suggests.   But the term "Believer" also signifies my Spiritual connection, which is right on target in my life.

Hello Zabbella!  Nice, that's classic. Thanks for that. Now, I just have something to add up on my Jukebox Page. Yes, I'm A Believer"!

11. tammybarnette profile image61
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago

"I'm gonna soak up the sun" Sheryl Crowe..."I'm gonna soak up the sun..tell everyone to lighten up..I've got no one to blame..everytime I feel lame I'm looking up" My favorite line.."its not getting what you want, its wanting what you've got"...Always makes me smile smile

That's  a nice one to lighten up tammy. Thanks for sharing your song. Now, sing it loud, "I'm gonna soak up the sun"! (:

12. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 11 years ago

I did it my way!

@Bard Ely: Did you really? Lol! That's classic. Love that song by Frank Sinatra.  Great song, indeed!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)