If God is everywhere, why build him a church, a mosque or a temple?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Astralrose profile image91
    Astralroseposted 11 years ago

Is it to share god's words and wisdom with fellow believers? But I hardly found anyone happily interacting with each other whenever I am in church. They don't even smile. They are just being busy with whatever purpose they have in attending masses.

Is it because it's a good way to extract donations like money from people? But why would god need money?

So why?

1. profile image0
      riddle666posted 11 years agoin reply to this

God doesn't need money, but the priests do.
      The priests were once the most richest and powerful persons on earth.
      Even now, if the priests happens not to be an idiot, he is richer than his most flock/sheep.

2. everythingdental profile image61
      everythingdentalposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A church, a mosque or a temple is God's sanctuary. These are places built for honoring and worshipping Him, These, too, will remind us of His existence. Imagine a city without such, where will you get the inspiration to continue believing that He exists? I get a lot of inspiration from people i see in church. Although, not all are really devoted, there are some who, without them knowing, instill faith in me. In addition, i think, when you see a lot of people going to church, even they have different purposes, it makes you wonder what brings them there? The presence of other people, in short, gives us inspiration to continue believing. For me, the statement God is everywhere is a strong reminder that God is with us at all times; that He would never leave us or forsake us.

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why would you need inspiration or reminders?  Sounds like you worship a  very WEAK god.  Your god can't even keep your attention, unless SOMEONE ELSE inspires or reminds you.  How absurd.

1. everythingdental profile image61

My God is not weak; but, i am.

What a cop-out.  Completely ignoring facts, and regurgitating mindless, irrelevant nonsense.

How absurd!

1. everythingdental profile image61

Absurd or irrelevant it may seem to you or to other people, I still choose to believe and I am happy about it. I guess it just boils down to where an individual finds infinite happiness. smile

2. A Thousand Words profile image67
              A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey Getitrite, I understand your frustrations, but attacking people's views like this is a bit much. It's not like she's on here spouting angry religious things, she's just giving her own personal opinion. It brings her happiness. It brings a lot of people happiness, and not just in this country. As long as people aren't forcing those beliefs on us, attack us, or are trying to return us to the Dark Ages, they should be left in peace to hold their views.

Oh I do understand that some people NEED this stuff, but my frustration mounts when I ask a straightforward question, and someone responds with childish irrelevant...feel good...nonsense, that addresses absolutely nothing I've said.

This has nothing to do with belief, but shows a lack of respect for the art of argument, and the opponent.

1. A Thousand Words profile image67
                  A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Many people are ignorant about what an argument should look like, especially in this country, or even how to argue. It's not that they do it on purpose. Many people aren't learned in such areas.

2. dragnhaze profile image61
    dragnhazeposted 11 years ago

My research shows that religions all over have been hijacked or created not from God, and thus is why people attend masses in buildings covered in symbolism as those who created or hijacked are out to drain the energy from the people, to put towards their agenda.

3. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

I guess it's to provide a central location in the community for believers to come together to fulfil their religious obligations. They are created for people not God.

1. Ajayaryan profile image66
      Ajayaryanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

First of all a very good question raised by you in this thread and I appreciate that. Questions like this crosses one's innocent mind very often. I believe that we certainly don't need to move out any particular place to find God for He is everywhere. Maybe it is the human mind which thought of building a sacred place to worship and honor God. But if there is any other purpose behind building and running these sacred places in the name of God then certainly it is something which should not be taken well off.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I have always assumed that being in the church helps you focus your mind on God without distractions. There is no suggestion that God can't hear you if you pray somewhere else.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)