my hub will not edit.

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Stella213 profile image60
    Stella213posted 16 years ago

I click on edit, the box comes up. Then when I try to typ into it nothing happens. It will not take any new words or changes. It did this last night and today. Early am and now again at 11am EST. Are the systems down?

2. Robyninga profile image61
    Robyningaposted 16 years ago

I'm not sure if they systems are down, but I had some problems on here yesterday as well.  I lost some of my work yesterday, and wasn't very happy about it.  It just kept freezing up on me yesterday.

Hey I noticed you were on EST, do you know anyone else on here that lives in that time zone.  The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking for a friend I can talk to on the phone about some of the things i'm not understanding.  It just seems easier to have it explained to over the phone.
    I hope you don't think I'm being to forward.

Thanks,
    Robyn

3. Stella213 profile image60

no, please do <phone number redacted> I know nothing about computers tho. I cant get anyone to call me either and I have tried. I dont have ads up and running or anything. I am kinda old and go to bed at 8pm. tonight I am going to a funeral "viewing" at 6pm ugh...

Love to talk with you!!!!!!!!!Britton

4. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 16 years ago

Stella, just so you know, these forums are not private and even unregistered visitors can see them.  Essentially, you just handed your phone number to anyone who comes by....

Stella213posted 16 years agoin reply to this

so, you dont want to give me yours?, just kidding, SEE, I TOLD YOU IM INTERNET STUPID, THEY SHOULDNT LET PEOPLE LIKE ME ON HERE

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

To add on to what Relache said: if you want to share personal information with another hubber, it would probably be safer to send the hubber a personal message, instead of doing it over the forums.

HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Go to a hubber's profile, if they allow emails from people via hubpages, there will be box on the right side that says Contact Hubber's Name.

So, on my profile, after the Latest, Hot, and Best Hubs boxes, there is a box with a link to: Contact Stacie Naczelnik.

By the way, I just edited and published a hub without problems, so it isn't something everyone is experiencing.

6. beta1070 profile image60
    beta1070posted 16 years ago

I take it you checked your keyboard batteries are working wink

But, failing that curing the problem, have you tried a reboot of your PC and clearing your browser cache?

you just spoke computer and I have no idea what you are saying. sorry. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

7. Ray Evans profile image75
    Ray Evansposted 16 years ago

I see others are having problems with editing.  It won't accept single spacing or indentions.  Also, it's not accepting png extensions, but it will take the jpg.  Is this a system problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

8. vreccc profile image60
    vrecccposted 16 years ago

seems like a funky system problem

9. Ray Evans profile image75

That's a shame :-(  I really wanted to post this hub, but not the way it looks now.  I guess I'll keep trying.

10. Debbie Cook profile image74
    Debbie Cookposted 16 years ago

I am not sure whether my editing issue is the same as the others here but - When I am posting a new hub and in the edit mode I get very strange formatting as soon as I paste my hub (written in word) into the text capsule. At that point I also do not have the side bar box to add capsules.

I have to publish the hub and then the text box looks normal and I also can see the side bar box. Once I am past that point most everything else looks right except that I am noticing that I do not get any news articles in the news capsules.

I asked about this before but have not noticed anyone else having the same problem. Is anyone else getting the same results when they paste text into the text capsule? Thanks

11. Stella213 profile image60

I just tried to add pictures or new capsules to existing articles, no dice. the editing page just comes up blank.  Must be a system problem. It is doing it on all my spots. It wont let you add or edit anything since yesterday for me.

12. Robyninga profile image61
    Robyningaposted 16 years ago

I've looked everywhere to find a place so she can delete her phone number?  Anybody?

13. beta1070 profile image60
    beta1070posted 16 years ago

Britton, rebooing = restarting. Sometimes shutting down and restarting a PC helps.

The science behind clearing the cache is not important but if you are using Internet Explorer you can clear the cache by going to Tools > Internet Options and deleting all your temporary internet files.

14. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

She has to edit her comment (it is an option available on your own comments). Or, even delete the post.  The words are blue, lower right hand corner of posts.

Except...after some time, the option goes away.  She should contact the hubpage team, via email, to ask them to take her number out of the post.

15. Ray Evans profile image75

I got a reply from Hub Pages on the editing problems and here is what they told me.

If you are "copying in", try a different browser.  I tried Netscape, it doesn't work at all (you even get a big green dialog box from hub pages that the editing function doesn't work with Netscape).  I then tried Firefox...it didn't allow me to format either (FYI: another notice from hub pages...the cut and paste functions don't work with Firefox).

Soooooooo...I went back to Explorer and did it the old-fashioned way.  I deleted the text that I had copied from Word and retyped the page into the text section of the Hub Page.  Everything worked fine...except...I'm not pleased with the way some of the text is displayed and I couldn't figure out how to correct it (there may be a way, but I'm a newbie).  The font is different and smaller, but at least the formatting allowed me to single space and indent those sections that required it...which allowed me to post the hub and for that I am thankful.

Also, they do not accept png extensions on photos...only gif and jpg...even though the upload photo dialog box says they accept png's.  Unfortunately my photos don't display as well in jpg format, but at least they display.

I hope this helps some of you.  If you want to see the results of my editing here's the link to the hub: http://hubpages.com/_1m2s3ylufaxfs/hub/Acrostic-Psalms

Good luck to all

Ray

16. Ray Evans profile image75

Correction: Just got another email from Hub Pages...they do accept png's (although mine didn't upload).  They recommended Exp7 or Firefox (Firefox didn't work for me).

That's it...if I get another email from them, I'll post it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)