Which hubbers do you wish were your neighbors?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (52 posts)
  1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 11 years ago

There are so many wonderful hubbers here! I'd LOVE to meet some face to face, and I'm sure I could be good friends with a number of you guys if the geography worked. How 'bout you? Who do you wish you could be pals with here? I know I'm going to forget someone (I think my mind is going quickly), but I'd like to meet, in no certain order:

paradigm
    wilderness
    fastfreda
    mightymom
    josak
    american view
    ron montgomery
    motown2chitown
    herbivorehippie
    sally's trove
    angela blair
    leahlefler
    justateacher
    uninvitedwriter
    rochelle frank
    carol7777
    simeyc
    aficionada
    brakel2
    rebekahelle
    50 caliber (RIP, Dusty)
    cardisa
    cardelean
    summerberrie
    marcy goodfleisch
    hollie thomas
    gmwilliams
    dzymslizzy
    2uesday
    billybuc

Okay...I see this is a futile effort on my part. These came off the top of my head, so pardon me if I misspelled a few names. It would be a heck of a lot easier for me to list the hubbers I WOULDN'T like to meet and get to know!

1. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Of course you could not be wrong for you. Blessings to you and all you mention.

2. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your question kept me thinking. I went back and found some research on what a neighbor is?  The best definition I could come up with was someone close to you. Of course close can be either both physical and in your heart or one or the other.
      I think your long list is because you put your heart out there and they respond in kind. They clearly are all your "neighbors".

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What a nice comment!

3. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ah, thanks Habee, and the feeling is mutual. I'd love to have you as a neighbour and I'd especially love to attend one of your pool parties (particularly the one's where you invite those young Latin American men and their brothers lol ) There's quite a number of people on HP I'd like to have as neighbours. On a more serious note, I'm sorry to learn about 50 Caliber, that's really sad news and I didn't know.

4. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Definitely you Habee and I am going to tell you that I would have to get a sleeping bag and you might have to call the cops on me regularly. You couldn't have a bbq without me crashing it. I would be there for dinner everyday. Of course I would help with the grocery bill.....lol

Too many people to list, why not the whole HP community!

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years ago

Cardisa, paradigmsearch...and off course, you !....................tongue

1. habee profile image91

I almost put you on my list, El Guapo, but I'm not sure you'd be safe. lol  And when my hubby caught me attacking you, I wouldn't be safe, either.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
        LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol.....lol...........lol

2. profile image0
        summerberrieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is a nudist colony off hwy 99 in Georgia (near Sapalo Island). We can all meet there--oh and Randy, too. And many others. What the *@#! why not everyone!

3. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

All of the above. And probably all of the below.

4. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

There are habee,rebekahELLE, uninvited writer , fpherj48, cardisa, shannon11, cagsil, mighty mom, dashingscorpio, john holden, wilderness, paradigmsearch, xenonlit, jean bakula, marcy goodfleisch, motown2chitown, credence2, arlene poma, and many more too numerous to mention!

5. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 11 years ago

The best thing to do is organize a "get together!" Remember Woodstock?   smile

1. HattieMattieMae profile image59
      HattieMattieMaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

yay a hubpages seminar writing workshop! smile

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
        LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking more of a drunken orgy....but I guess a writer's workshop will do................tongue

1. habee profile image91

Let's take a vote. I vote for the orgy, but I prefer not to drink. I want to be fully functional!! lol

2. LaThing profile image60
      LaThingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great idea!! smile  Woodstock, huh? That would be nice, since we weren't around, well some of us...... A whole new experience smile)

6. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

I'd go with your entire list, but you did forget two - a crazy southern belle they call "habee" and one that could only join in spirit - earnestshub.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes...

1. habee profile image91

Yeah, I thought of Ernest, but I got depressed including 50 caliber on my list. I was afraid if I added Ernest, too, I'd resort to tears.

Know who else I miss? Ralwus!!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
          paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We need to find him and poke him with a stick to come back.

1. habee profile image91

I did have Ralwus's phone number, but I'll be darned if I know where it is now. Shame, too. He was fun to talk to on the phone, and he didn't even make fun of my southern drawl.

2. lorlie6 profile image73
          lorlie6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ralwus?  Oh my, I sure miss him, too!!!!

7. Shanna11 profile image74
    Shanna11posted 11 years ago

None of you. I hate you all. D:<

Just kidding. We should have a Hubpages convention where we all meet up and drink punch and make awkward conversation! Well, at least I'll make awkward conversation...

8. Riolite profile image59
    Rioliteposted 11 years ago

After reviewing your account , you are such a hard working hubber smile

9. emilgen2011 profile image58
    emilgen2011posted 11 years ago

Hehehe emievi, pearldiver, prettydarkhorse and/or paraglider... ( :

10. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

Habee......Those I would like to be "pals" with, I AM pals with......albeit "cyber pals," most of them I consider just as precious as my real life friends.   Neighbors?   I'm sure I would love it if we had our own little Complex.....a real life community.....but it would have to have one hell of a police force.
    You didn't mention ME..but that's OK, habee....I'm not sensitive...you didn't hurt my feelings.....really, don't give it a second thought.....I'll get over it......soon as I see my therapist. sad
    If I could create my own neighborhood of hubbers I am fond of, I don't know if I could list them all.  I would be so afraid to overlook someone.  The truth is, if all several thousand of us lived in the same community and were "neighbors"......those we don't already know and consider friends, would soon become our friends.   Writers are a very unique breed of individuals and I think we have not only a special bond, but a keen understanding of one another.  There's a genuine connection.
    This is a really far-fetched fantasy though......I'm pretty sure we all love exactly where we live, or we wouldn't be where we are.....A huge "Woodstock"- type convention?   Of course this would be too awesome......and also another far-fetched idea.   
    I do know that one day, I WILL make it a point, to personally meet some of my good buddies here at HP.  There are several who don't live all that far away, so a trip is certainly feasible.  Those who are a greater distance, just means I must try harder to get to meet them.
    Great question Habee.......

1. habee profile image91

I knew I'd forget someone! You know that I'd love to meet you! I think you have a good point about the police force. Too funny! Maybe we could enlist a few really "uptight" hubbers to serve? (I have a few in mind.) Of course, the rest of us would probably form a revolt. lol

Send me the bill from your therapist. Better yet, I could let your borrow one of my dogs. They're great at soothing humans!

1. fpherj48 profile image61
        fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

If I really had a therapist, I would send you the bill.......I know your dogs are very helpful......so are mine....They always know when I need extra love and attention.   I have other bills you can pay, if you insist!!

11. dhannyya profile image82
    dhannyyaposted 11 years ago

I wish I had anamika S, shampa sandhya and rajanjolly as my neighbors

12. tlpoague profile image83
    tlpoagueposted 11 years ago

There are so many here I would love to meet that my list would be a mile long. Instead, I started a list in my notebook so that if I was ever in the area to meet a fellow hubber, I would try. Just to name a few...knowing that I will miss many...I would have to say...
    you
    Cagsil
    Just Ask Susan
    Coffeesnob
    Lori6
    K9Keystrokes
    Wayne Brown
    Stephicks68
    RippleMaker
    Nell Rose
    Zsuzy Bee
    Breakfast Pop
    Izettl
    Cardisa
    RealHousewife
    TonyMac04
    2patricias
    Sunnie Day
    Stan Fletcher
    Rolly A Chabot aka Quill
    Vincent Moore
    Crazyhorsesghost
    CJ Sledgehammer
    These are a few off the top of my head, and I apologize for those I missed.

13. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 11 years ago

We need a Hubber's Reunion.  I enjoyed the guys/gals I got to meet at HubCamp.   There are still a ton of folks I'd like to meet.

1. habee profile image91

Oh, that would be so much fun! We've been talking about having one for a couple of years now. I guess the geography makes it almost impossible, though.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know why geography would be a problem - there are lots of motels in Boise and even a few campgrounds around. smile

14. Maria Cecilia profile image83
    Maria Ceciliaposted 11 years ago

too many some of them does not even know I exist LOL, dear habee you know I often wish you are my neighbor because of the amazing things you do at your kitchen, but aside from that we both love dogs, then Unknown spy, writing lover, mistyhorizon, kerlyn, prasatio, febridethan, fellow filipino blogger, and a lot more that I can't remember because I did not consult my following list....

15. A Thousand Words profile image67
    A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years ago

Quilligrapher
    Philanthropy
    Melissa...something, LoL
    Motown
    Rhonda D
    MacFarland

16. austinhealy profile image72
    austinhealyposted 11 years ago

I wish my neighbors were all the people on Hubpages I have chosen to follow, and all those whose talent I haven't discovered yet. We could have a neighborhood wide equivalent of the Jane Austen bookclub, sit by an open fire and tell tales all night long while sipping our poison of choice and listening to whatever music would be judged appropriate for the occasion. A Wodstock for writers. I am such a dreamer...

17. 2uesday profile image64
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

Thank you habee it was lovely to be included. I bet you know how to throw a family party at your house and life would never be boring.

18. Cardisa profile image89
    Cardisaposted 11 years ago

This is so not fair, I live all the way in Jamaica and don't have a visa! Most of youguys live in the States, now you have me all yearning for a convention of drunken orgy.....see....I am already going crazy just thinking about a get together!

19. Lord De Cross profile image68
    Lord De Crossposted 11 years ago

Cardisa, No comments... but you are always hot!

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And you my Lord, I'd have an orgy with any day big_smile

Don't be jealous Luis.....you too...cool

20. writinglover profile image76
    writingloverposted 11 years ago

I wish that I could meet ZofiaLotus, Kenneth Avery, Maria Cecilia, Sunny River, and everyone that I haven't listed from my list or that I haven't even met yet. Everyone is welcomed to vist...

21. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Thanks habee, I would love to meet you also.  Maybe on one of your trips to the Gulf coast, we can meet and have a drink watching the sunset.

There are so many I would love to meet, and many I feel I already know.  I think  a HubPages get together would be so much fun.  I'll name a few that I've got to know over the 3+ years I've been here, but please don't feel sad if your name doesn't appear, I would love to meet you also!   

Listed in no order of importance, but off the top of my head, here is my partial list.

All of the staff at HubPages, including Jason and Micki!
    Pearldiver
    Green Lotus
    Habee
    Darkside (no longer active here, but was an important part of my first year here at HP)
    Marisa Wright
    Mark Knowles
    Sunforged
    Wilderness
    Ralph Deeds
    Tammy Barnette
    Pretty Panther
    Greek One
    Mistyhorizon
    Shadesbreath
    Winsome
    Christoph Reily
    Vespa Woolf
    Jimmy the Jock
    Uninvited Writer
    Izetti
    Bard of Ely

OH gosh, this is too long, you, you and you~
    Everyone I follow.

It would be one creative, wild neighborhood!

22. Angela Blair profile image68
    Angela Blairposted 11 years ago

Habee -- thanks for including me -- I'm truly flattered as I'd love to meet you, too. I think the Hubbers-Get-Together is a great idea and wish it would come together (before I'm too damned old to travel!)

23. Waldo Numbly profile image59
    Waldo Numblyposted 11 years ago

I'm new so my name wasn't mentioned. It would be so nice to have a few friends I could borrow money from.  Although, my parents told me never to meet any one off the internet.

24. DzyMsLizzy profile image87
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

Hmmm...I wonder what happened to my comment I posted the other day, right when I saw Habee's list...  Got lost in the vacuum of cyber-space, I guess..

Anyway, I wanted to begin by thanking Habee for the honor of including me in her list, and to say that, like others, I'd be hard pressed to come up with an adequate listing of all the interesting people here I'd like to meet.

Habee herself, of course, Nell Rose, Mark Ewbie, fpjher (I'm pretty sure I've messed up her name...sorry...), golly...I can't think...so many, many more...Cardisa, Angie Jardine, ummmm..... kittythedreamer,  ... dang, I'm stuck.  My memory banks are fried...

There are many--I apologize if I've left you out; like I said, a near impossible challenge.

I do think there is a Hub Pages group on meetup.com, but I've never seen much happening there.  I guess in reality, folks are just busy with their lives and families.

25. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

fpherj48, billybuc, curiad, criticalmessage, benisan85745, Sidkemp, pmorries, nightwork, Joseph041167, jonnycomelately, RBJ33, and I'm sure there are a few more I am missing.

26. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

Australians are legendary for holding functions and parties that are memorable and are par excellance!!!

So I know it would be an expensive trip for some, but what the hey, it would be the SWAREE' remembered by your granchildrens grandchildren smile

So you all Down Unda

27. HattieMattieMae profile image59
    HattieMattieMaeposted 11 years ago

All of them cause than we'd have a grand old time have a writing party..and have a fiesta!

28. LauraVerderber profile image89
    LauraVerderberposted 11 years ago

I can bbq!

29. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 11 years ago

I think we all should seriously consider meeting somewhere. I suggest some large grassland in some part of the world which is equidistant from the other lands from which most hubbers operate.

We could have three days of fun and music and nothing but fun and music! ... Then bring on the dancing girls! ... Then let the games begin ... lol lol lol

30. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 11 years ago

We are setting off from Australia and will be visiting Singapore / Europe/ Britain - USA & Canada if anyone is interested in meeting a fun/slightly crazy hubber with a sense of humour lol!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)