Which religion fulfills the need of the current age? Discuss on it.

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (106 posts)
  1. Aqeel Saeed profile image61
    Aqeel Saeedposted 14 years ago

Religion means a pattern of spending life. it covers all the aspects of life. it teaches the human the important things to do such as, speak the truth, gentle to neighbours,forgive the mistakes of others,ets. and not doing the things such as, robery, indulge in alcohl, fraud to others, etc. it is a routine practice that a religion is recognised of its followers but the truth is that follower is a person who is trying to make implement the rules of it in his life. sometimes he does and sometimes he fails. So dnt critisize a religion due to its followers because the einstein's theory made 2 things 1st atomic bomb and 2nd atomic energy for use in generating power and other useful. now einstein is not wrong, wrong are those who made bomb.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All religions are good and equal.Then the only one which does is Sikhism as they follow the oneness of god, oneness of religions.

1. packerpack profile image59
        packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How can you say that.... because you are the one?? Don't you think you are being unfair? It is this attitude that marks the beginning of all hate related to religion.

2. usmanali81 profile image61
      usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

*** I S L A M ***

1. Mac Mission profile image61
        Mac Missionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

your exactly right......... I agree with this

1. viryabo profile image93
          viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I beg to differ. Islam does not emphasis LOVE.
          It seems to be HATE! HATE! HATE!
          Sorry, just my opinion.
          NO! I'M NOT SORRY.

1. usmanali81 profile image61

any proof ???

You, what is your problem with other prophets and religions?

No problem whatsoever, as long as all prophets and religions emphasise LOVE.
                Love makes the world a better and safer place to live.
                God is Love!

Was asking Usmanali, he seems to have problem  with god if god is written in a different language.
                  God is love and his prophets are all equally dear to him.God is One.

I SAY AMEN TO THAT.

No, all the prophets came to fix you kind of people who astray from the way of God, who praise humanity instead of God, who decieve people with hollow cries of art, love, tolerance and humanity, who admire matter and consider it to be eternal instead of God, who build images of God, who abuse and regect prophets of God, who misuse women and make them as sex slaves and society butterflies, who involve themselves and encourage others in raping, gambling, drugs, alcohol, swine, theft, cheating, interest, killing, butchering etc.

who abuse and reject prophets of God,- what are you doing?-my prophet is greater than yours? Are you not you disrespecting other great prophets who shared the same wisdom Muhammad did many centuries before him..?
                    So people ranked with the Quran need to be fixed by who? you?
                    I am the enlightened one or knower of Allah and I  am here to fix you. Allah has made me to fix you as he is sick and tired of people such as you spoiling his name.

none

So when Zaratushtra was there did everyone convert to a Parsee?
                  When Buddha came did everyone convert to Buddhism because he is the last prophet , were you a Christian before you converted to Islam?
                  Hopefully now you understand that all is one and the only difference is the language so stop trying to convert anyone.If there is one more prophet or many more prophets  will you convert again? This prophet will not be so stupid as to start a religion as the need of the hour is to unite them, make them understand there is only one god for all and you are only fighting over the name , not the meaning.

2. viryabo profile image93

Well i'm watching the news right now and i see people beaten and clubbed for daring to disagree with an election outcome.
              And maybe, just maybe, the ones arrested may be buried alive.
              A man called Jangbadi had his left hand chopped off for stealing a goat. In a West African country where the leaders loot the treasury like its their piggy bank.

The ideology working behind the protestors and their leader is HUMANISM and it's totally forbidden in ISLAM, so it's obligatory upon Muslims to safeguard the ultimate way of life, ISLAM. By the way, people supporting ISLAM and disaggreeing from protestors is double the number of protestors themselves. Behind all this, are Honorary Freemasons and Masons themselves just as they were the main cause of French and Italian Revolutions.

1. UK Wordsmith profile image61
                  UK Wordsmithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Behind all this, are Honorary Freemasons and Masons themselves just as they were the main cause of French and Italian Revolutions"

Where on earth do you get this bigoted conspiracy nonsense? Freemasonry is a secular organisation which embraces good men regardless of their religion, and provides an opportunity for men of disparate religious beliefs, faiths, and political allegiances to come together in peace and harmony.

Do you know about Mazzini???

Here, take it.

Italian Revolution:

The Masons in Italy were founded as an extension of the French Masons, and began to exercise an influence in Italy from the beginning of the nineteenth century. Masonry began its struggle against religion in Italy by means of another secret society that it founded and controlled. This society was known as the "Carbonari."

Two cardinals by the names of Consalvi and Pacca issued an announcement on August 15, 1814 accusing the Masons and the Carbonari of being organized for socio-political interference and the fomentation of hostility toward religion. Later the "Young Italy" movement was founded by Guiseppe Mazzini. Mazzini with the support of two other prominent Masons, Garibaldi and Count di Cavour, founded the Italian Union in 1870. Mazzini’s slogan "every nation a state" was the spark that ignited minority rebellions, which were to be the cause of the fall of multi-ethnic empires, such as the Austro-Hungarian and the Ottoman Empires. It was a call that pushed them into ethnic conflict with one another and inspired them to fanatical rage. According to lodge publication 10,000 Famous Freemasons, in 1867, Mazzini was chosen Master Mason of the Italian Grand Orient. All this prepared the foundation of Mussolini’s fascist dictatorship in 1920’s.

2. mohitmisra profile image61

He hates the Freemasons for some reason.

2. mohitmisra profile image61

True Islam understand the oneness of prophets and religions but fanatics do not and feel the whole world should convert to Islam.

Yes, it's compulsory to convert to Islam along with the choice of not converting to Islam. Just as a Psychiatrist suggests electric shocks for Mohit, it's compulsory along with the choice that Mohit does not want to become fixed and constantly wants to bear with the illness.

What are you saying psycho.

Yes, it's compulsory to convert to Islam along with the choice of not converting to Islam. ???

Other religions are following these teachings for centuries before Islam came into the picture. They know god before many humans called Muslims did. The prophet Muhammad  was sent to put some sense into them , something others already had.Place more emphasis on the message than the messenger.
            Do you know the meaning of enlightenment? Was Muhammad enlightened?

Elaborate your vision of enlightenment

Being one with the Light- Allah-god-Jevovah-shiva- buddha-holy spirit- great spirit-the very source- man fuses with god-revelation.
                What do you think enlightenment is and was Muhammad enlightened ?, if not he is a fake prophet.

2. Dylith profile image59
              Dylithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not really according to Islam, as Muslims will generally tell you that Islam stretches back to the start of man. I understand though that you are referring to the addition to the religion that Muhammad made, but Islam considers early prophets such as Moses and Abraham to be Muslims too.

Yes I agree with you, Jesus is also considered a great prophet by them.Its just when some Muslims forget this and say all should convert to Islam or believe only in Muhammad that I remind them that man has known about god before Muhammad came on this planet.

Jesus (pbuh) instructed christians in Bibles to follow the Last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) when he comes after me.

Jesus is coming back and he speaks the same truth as any other prophet so look at all prophets equally.

2. packerpack profile image59

That is what the OP has said... do not blame the religion because of the deeds of its followers.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
            Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A religion is it's followers. Simple. No followers = no religion. This is not an acceptable get out of jail free card.

If a you go and bang up a car then it's you fault not of the car, LOL

2. Dylith profile image59
              Dylithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Even if you take that stance then you still run into problems when it comes to labeling a larger concept such as Islam based on the actions of adherants to specific branches of say Islam.

I am fairly certain that many Christians for example would not appreciate it if I lumped them in with the beliefs and practices of the LRA, or even with the beliefs and practices of Mormons.

3. andromida profile image56
              andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said.I think a religion is a place in this infinite universe where some of us choose to live inside the boundary of that place while some are on the boundary line,perhaps many like to live out of that place.No matter there are followers or not of a particular religion,the concept of any particular religion always stays firm on it own place.

I disagree and you did not really answer the point I made. Religion, like god is not something outside of ourselves. It is man made.

1. andromida profile image56
                  andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for disagreeing.You are saying that religion like god is not something outside of ourselves-there is no doubt about it.You already made a point that religion is man made.This is just your personal point of view or belief, whatever you may call it.Your are trying to explain everything standing firm in your belief system.Can you prove that god exits or not?Where is the place of religion without the concept of GOD?

2. Aqeel Saeed profile image61
            Aqeel Saeedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is what i want to say you people.you are muslim, you are christian, you are hindu, whatever you are why are you doing this, misbehaving others, is this the thing you are spreading that the follower of that religion are that so the religion is just like that. please tolerate dear.

3. packerpack profile image59

Very well put. Everything has a good side and a bad side. What is picked by one depends completely on ones characters. Even if you put someone in the best possible condition, if he/she is crooked minded he/she will make the condition corrupt and vice versa. Correct E = MC^2 has been used for both purpose, evil and good.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

LOL

The attack of the irrational muslimists continues. lol

Put off your glasses and open your eyes big_smile

You have convinced me all muslims are racist, anti-semetic, misogynistic, irrational, paranoid fanatics with little or no respect for anyone else.

Thank you very much for reminding why I am not interested in your religion.

It seems you are also a Freemason and don't thank, you can go to HELL lol

1. Reena Daruwalla profile image60
            Reena Daruwallaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good grief here we go again....

1. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well here we go off to hell again!

Freemasons want every one to be in HELL with them

A Freemason (Mark) started it

2. getpaidtopost profile image39
      getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Init just. LOL wink

3. Reena Daruwalla profile image60
    Reena Daruwallaposted 14 years ago

I visited the Baha'i temple in Delhi and was impressed by the basic tenets of the religion:

Bahá'í teachings emphasize the underlying unity of the major world religions. Bahá'í notions of progressive religious revelation result in their accepting the validity of most of the world's religions, whose founders and central figures are seen as Manifestations of God.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD_Faith)

I agree with you the Bahai faith is another great religion like Sikhism which teaches oneness of prophets and religions.

Manifestations of God is beyond reality and logic. If a scientist created a television then the scientist does not need to become a TV for making the users understand rather he wrote a instruction manual for the users. Similarly, incarnation is not a Godly act and God - Allah did not need to becaome the creation rather he forwarded the instruction manual and the last one is QUR'AN

But many of Muhammad followers are instrumental in writing the Quran.
        Manifestations of God is beyond reality and logic.- not for me.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) himself instructed his companions in his presence to write Qur'an

Yes but was it completed when he was alive? No . The prophet didn't know how to read or write so how was he sure that his followers were writing what he was asking them to?
            Now the Guru Granth Sahib,Bhagwat Gita, Patanjali yoga sutras, Buddha sutras are written by the masters themselves.
            According to Islam there are two categories of prophets , the one who writes is considered the higher.

The whole Qur'an was written at the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Every time after getting revelation, Muhammad (pbuh) used to call his companions (who could read and write) at once, Muhammad (pbuh) used to speak the verses of Qur'an and intructed them to write, after they wrote, Muhammad (pbuh) instructed them to read what you have written, the companions used to read it and if there were found any mistake, Muhammad (pbuh) at once corrected them right there.

That's one of the reasons Qur'an is still intact word by word, even letter by letter for more than 1400 years ago. The whole Qur'an was written under the direct supervision of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). No other scripture of the world has this beauty, no other prophet ever wrote his scriptures under his supervision and that's one of the reasons all the other scriptures got corrupted by their followers from time to time.

Do you think no one including me could have a revelation and Muhammad is the last one to get enlightened?
                I have written "Ponder Awhile" myself and it is a better book than the Quran.

Have you heard of the Buddha Sutras or the Guru Granth Sahib, they are they works of the great prophets Buddha and Sikh  prophets.

First, visit a Psychiatrist and then talk to me.

WHY?
                    When I said my work is ranked with the Quran and top 10 philosophy -Religious you told me to see a Psychiatrist now that I am showing you proof  you have got to be the dumbest ad most foolish man on the planet to tell me again see a psychiatrist.
                    Can you write about god and get ranked with the the Quran? If you do I will not tell you to visit a psychiatrist as I will understand  you have Allah or god with you . Cant you see Allah is with me and not you , by abusing me you are abusing Allah. or god.?

4. JonTutor profile image61
    JonTutorposted 14 years ago

@Usman Dude it is you who needs to be in a facility.....And just to let you know that going to a psychiatrist doesn't make someone mad.... But being a fanatic who talks all BS  about some stone age beliefs would surely get you into a mental facility.

5. RAJIV WRITES profile image60
    RAJIV WRITESposted 14 years ago

No religion is perfect.... Select just the good sides of all religion and bury the bad.... Its obvious that christians will say their religion is best, muslims will say their's, hindus too and same is the case with people of all other religion... And I just see someone is calling Muslim terrorist... Its not so... You should never hurt others by cuttin this senti stuffs... mind it...So wats d point???

1. JonTutor profile image61
      JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

Yes, buddy you are right. All the major religions instruct their followers to obey and follow only ONE God but their follower dont. All the major religions prophecised about Muhammad (peace be upon him) as the Last and Final Messenger and instucted to follow him when he comes but their followers dont. So, it's the fault of followers not the religions who is ordering them to enter ISLAM. Any way that's their choice, they can make it as they want.

6. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

It looks like this thread was posted twice so I'll just move my question over here.

The essence is the same two enlightened masters Jesus and Muhammad sharing their story of god or the light.

1. Make  Money profile image67
        Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Mo but I was hoping to get a reply to my question from usmanali81 or another Muslim.

Ok sorry Mike.

7. sweigand profile image60
    sweigandposted 14 years ago

Religion is about your own beliefs and shouldn't be affected by the time period.

8. Inspirepub profile image70
    Inspirepubposted 14 years ago

Oh, no, Mohit, you do your job so perfectly right now. I would not wish to do it, nor could I.

The burden of responsibility which comes from being an Enlightened Prophet is far to great for a flawed mortal being such as I.

Jenny

I know no one else can , its something I have to do, fifteen years of being mocked and abused gets to me.smile You are walking a spiritual path Jenny and the day will come when you will also teach.

9. profile image49
    watdahellposted 14 years ago

islam certainly.

1. getpaidtopost profile image39
      getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How can you a mere mortal decide which is best? You have no clue as to the morals of Islam and at the end of the day this is what religion stands for, Morals and morals alone, not some god in the second sky who watches your every move. gees talk about paranoid.

Religion was a way to control people.

As long as you be one of the good guys and stay in control there is no need for religion. The only thing I can not understand is "Gin", "Ghosts" What are these?

I have a genuine photo with a ghost and a friend of ours, I know its genuine as my wife took the photo with here phone,

I will hunt it out and post it here.

10. profile image58
    Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years ago

My 15 year old daughter and I were discussing the differences between Christianity and Islam.

Even she could see that Mohammed plagiarized the story.

Just because he was the last prophet doesn't mean that he was the best, it just means that he had more information to spew.

And if he was so great, why didn't he "name" the person to follow in his footsteps?  If he was such an excellent prophet why didn't he plan ahead for the time after his death?  Didn't seem like he had much foresight to me.  So, after Mohammed's death, his followers didn't know who to follow....some followed his father-in-law, some followed his son-in-law and we have had Sunni-Shiite conflict ever since.   So.....basically all the fighting and killing and conflict that we see is due to a family disagreement.  That's not the kind of religion that I want to follow.

And if he was so great, why didn't he "name" the person to follow in his footsteps?  If he was such an excellent prophet why didn't he plan ahead for the time after his death?  Didn't seem like he had much foresight to me.

Prophets do have foresight but not as much as god does.

Prophets don't have all knowledge.Jesus "Why have you forsaken me"
      Muhammad was an excellent prophet like any other prophet.

There are two prophecies one saying there will be one more prophet and the other there will be an innumerable amount of prophets. No one really knows or can say for sure, I don't.

Religions do branch out over dispute as to who the next heir will be or who is to be worshiped and this just becomes ugly with time.
      This has happened with Hinduism, Christianity and Islam.

11. Miss M profile image61
    Miss Mposted 14 years ago

Didn't anyone listen? quit waffling on!

Try adding something intelligent.

12. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Maybe you are a very young girl but you have hub pages weighed up, and being young does give you kind of an excuse to say some of things we dare not..... come back in 6 months and the same topics will be going round and round....

13. Miss M profile image61

Fine, I'm keeping my mouth shut on forums.

14. profile image0

why?????

15. Miss M profile image61

I can't be bothered.

16. profile image0

typical answer of a teenager, good enough answer but it does not solve the problem of which religion fulfills the need of the current age???

17. Miss M profile image61

Religion fulfills the need of current age, young or old

18. profile image0

all religions Miss M, or your religion

19. Miss M profile image61

all religions. there, a precise answer.

Good answer.

20. profile image0

Miss M you have the thumbs up in this forum come and join in

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)