FIXED: Sitewide photo upload not working (resolved 11:16 PT)

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (59 posts)
  1. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

When I try to post a new photo, it goes to a save-in page. I am using Google Chrome. I am working with this url http://hubpages.com/hubtool/edit/3558146, but I tried other pages and the same thing happened. I am using Windows 7. Thanks for any help.

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for the trouble, Barbara-Kay! Can you describe what you mean by save-in page? Better yet, can you nab a screenshot, or make a copy of the error message you're getting?

Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Simone, I just tried it on my husband's computer and it worked fine. It must be an issue with my computer or the version of Windows I am using. I"m using Windows 7 and he has an earlier version on his. Instead of being able to upload a photo, I get a save in window with the numbers 25.0.1364.97. Thanks for getting back with me so quickly. It must be an issue with my computer.

Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I tried uploading a photo on Facebook and it worked fine, so it is a Hubpage issue.

1. Simone Smith profile image87
            Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's good to know. Sorry for the trouble! We're looking into it.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Alright.  Just wanted to give an update.  I am going to do some testing and then forward this issue to our engineers to be addressed.

1. Natashalh profile image72
        Natashalhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've been having some issues with uploading pictures today, too, from Mac Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. I'm not motivated enough to bust out the Windows machine for some relatively unimportant photos to see if things are working there.

2. profile image0
        Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hurry, my hub is just sitting in cyber space all lonely and cold and unpublished.

Also, for some reason, I can't figure out how to post a link. I click link, it goes to the bottom, I enter the link in the URL line, I enter a caption above that. I hit save or whatever and boom, it's no where to be seen. sad What am I doing wrong?

3. profile image0
      Jeanne Grunertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Same here - I'm using Internet Explorer 10 and Windows 8. I keep getting an error message saying the file cannot be uploaded and to please try another file. The same error message appears no matter which photos I upload.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image71

This appears to be affecting all browsers.
      The non-Flash upload also appears to not be working.
      I have forwarded this to our engineering team to address the problem.
      Thanks for your continued patience.

1. profile image0
        Jeanne Grunertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for looking into this - I appreciate it.

5. Matthew Meyer profile image71

Just wanted to give another update.
      We have tracked down the issue and have addressed it.
      The issue should be over now.
      I tested and was able to successfully upload images in Chrome 25, Firefox 19, Internet Explorer 9, and Opera 12.

1. profile image0

It works indeed. Thank you awfully. smile

2. Diane Woodson profile image59
    Diane Woodsonposted 11 years ago

I cannot add them either and its getting to be a probelm! What is going on?

3. Diane Woodson profile image59

Any help yet? I am working on a HUB and have NEVER had this to happen!

4. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 11 years ago

Same here.
    I am getting "There was a problem processing this file, please try again or use a different image." every time.
    I am on Windows 7, Firefox 19.0

Edit: And yes I did try using a different image. Same thing.

1. Diane Woodson profile image59
      Diane Woodsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am on Mozilla 18 can't use Chrome it never stopped crashing, Win 9 and going to 8 next month,...I think its something in the H pages system that went awry and we will be posting soonnnnn I pray, doing a bio on music artist and need to get it done so he will see I meant it, he sent resources too...such a great guy I am writing about...music is beyond compare He could be the next Beethoven and I am not joking   Hope they fix this bug sooooooooon!!

With 4 of us having this issue I think that surely they will fix this in a short time. It was so odd.

2. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am getting the same error message.  Very frustrating.  Not able to upload images.

3. Natashalh profile image72
      Natashalhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Same error here from Mac!

5. Froggy213 profile image62
    Froggy213posted 11 years ago

I cannot add a photo to the hub I am trying to write.
    Here is a screen shot: Well heck, it does the same thing trying to upload that:

There was a problem processing this file, please try again or use a different image.

That is what is stated.

I am getting the same msg you are and am getting a bit anxious as I was going to have this done by noon....Surely they will
      fix this soon!!!!!!!!!

6. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 11 years ago

Well I think I will go on to something else and check back later to see if it's fixed.

7. singingmommy profile image75
    singingmommyposted 11 years ago

The same is happening to me too. No fun without photos:(

You are 6th person I have found not getting pics on I have no trouble getting the videos to insert,  this probably happens from time to time...am writng a HUB and wanted to get it finished by noon anyway,,,,good luck!!!

8. singingmommy profile image75
    singingmommyposted 11 years ago

Yes, hopefully soon because my writing time is limited:/

Mine isn't so much but this is really odd that about 10 of us cannot insert pics onto our work???

9. Froggy213 profile image62
    Froggy213posted 11 years ago

Simone--are you out there?   Help!!!!!!!!!!!

I am relating, Is Simone someone who can fix this

One of my Hubpages friends who has been writing a long time says it is the server and for you and all of us not to be worried, it should be fixed soon Yippeeeeee

Just tried again to add a pic to my HUB no luck, surely it will be fixed today???

2. profile image0

Oh good. So when do they think it might be up and running again?

10. joaniebaby profile image81
    joaniebabyposted 11 years ago

Same problem with me this morning.  Of course I thought it was me and did everything to try and correct it, but nothing worked.  As with the rest of you, I hope they fix it soon as photos add so much to a Hub.

11. koerakoonlane profile image80
    koerakoonlaneposted 11 years ago

The problem seems to be still occurring, my typic troubleshooting didn't help me at all. Can't wait a fix

12. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 11 years ago

And me I just spent what has felt like forever trying! I tried explorer and chrome. I thought it was my images. smile

me too its the server

2. sabrebIade profile image81
      sabrebIadeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's what the forums are for smile
      I always try about two things, then scour this area or post the problem.
      The worst thing that can happen is someone say "This matter was addressed here" and you can find the thread where it's being discussed.
      Saves you a LOT of headache and heartache!

13. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years ago

This has happened several times before. I too can't upload any photographs............hmm

14. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Ditto - can't upload any photos here, either.  I'm glad I had seen this thread before I started working on a hub - I kept thinking it was the source I was using.

Okay - saving my file and waiting. No sweat.

15. profile image0
    Beth37posted 11 years ago

Ugh, I can't wait any longer. im gonna draw a pic on my screen.

16. Diane Woodson profile image59

Posting a link a few minutes ago gave me no stress whatsoever! All You need to do is copy it open up the link area on your hub and paste it into there then click to the right and it takes it right in, just be sure you are getting the whole link when you copy it onto your mouse.  <3

17. Hayley Jones profile image61
    Hayley Jonesposted 11 years ago

Ive been having problems and cant get photos to upload either, running Vista and Google Chrome, says "save-in " and then just says cannot uplad, its the same if I try and import too. bit frustrating , but glad others are having the same problem.

1. profile image0

Well that's kind of sadistic. lol.. JK!
      Have you tried it again in the past couple of minutes... mine is working again.

1. Hayley Jones profile image61
        Hayley Jonesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol ! I suppose it is ! I never thought of it like that ... no I haven't tried since last night, because apparently Ive been "messing around too much on that daft computer !!" ( the other half)  Even though Ive earned 7 cents already this month ! .. So I have to do chores first !  lol Oh dear !

1. profile image0

7 cents! You've practically paid the rent! When will these men learn to appreciate us?!

1. Hayley Jones profile image61
            Hayley Jonesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

yaay mine works too ! Plus the unappreciative men have also fixed the car and van !!  So thats 3 fixes for the price of 1 ! bargain.. gotta go and make a brew now !

18. ologsinquito profile image83
    ologsinquitoposted 11 years ago

I am having trouble uploading photos to a hub I am trying to create. I'm not sure this problem has been resolved.

19. ologsinquito profile image83

Here is a copy of the message I am getting. It appears near where it says "choose photos" and it is in small red letters. I started another test hub and the same thing happened.

An error occurred
    while uploading the file
    7188563020_3e836f3311.jpg

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71

Sorry that you are having trouble uploading images.
      There was a site wide issue that didn't allow anyone to upload photos.
      That issue has been addressed.

Please try these steps.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

The most important being:
      1. Upgrade your browser (there is a more recent version of Firefox)
      2. Clear your browser cache
      3. Upgrade Flash to latest version
      4. Reboot your computer

If those steps do not address the issue, does the problem persist if you use a different browser? Photo?
      Can you upload the image using the non-Flash uploader?
      "Check this box to upload photos the old way, without Flash" here:
      http://hubpages.com/my/photos/upload

20. ologsinquito profile image83

Hi Matthew,

I'll go through these steps and get back to you. I can already tell you it's happening with different photos and it isn't specific to one photo. I'll keep you posted.

1. ologsinquito profile image83
      ologsinquitoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi again,

I also tried uploading one photo the old fashioned way, with the link you sent. This didn't work either.

1. koerakoonlane profile image80
        koerakoonlaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I suggest you do traditional troubleshooting (try other browsers, delete cookies, do a restart) and whatever else might be proposed on the site as this isn't effecting all the users two days ago.

Cheers

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71

I just successfully uploaded 3 different images using the Flash uploader and the non-Flash uploader.  I used Firefox 19 (the current version) and Internet Explorer 9.
        The issue is more than likely related to your computer and/or network connection.

21. ologsinquito profile image83

Hi Matthew,

I've cleared my browsing history, cookies, etc and I just downloaded the latest version of Firefox and I still can't upload photos. The only thing left to try is using another computer. I'll let you know what happens.

22. ologsinquito profile image83

By the way, thank you for helping with this.

23. ologsinquito profile image83

Hi Matthew,

Very good news. I was able to access the site with Google Chrome and now I can upload photos. You are right. This was specific to my browser. Thanks so much.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71

Just to let you know that you have Firefox 18 installed.  The latest version is 19.
      http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

24. ologsinquito profile image83

Thanks Matthew,

I thought it was 19. Fortunately, I have in-house tech support (teenagers) and I can fix this.

25. teaches12345 profile image78
    teaches12345posted 11 years ago

Well, I am glad I popped in here to discover the problem is already fixed.  Good news as I am getting ready to post articles this weekend.  Thanks or addressing this and alerting those who could help.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)