How many hours a day do you spend on Bubblews?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Muttface profile image81
    Muttfaceposted 10 years ago

I've been loitering around the community news forum for the past few days looking for some interesting discussions, and the place is dead. So I've come to the conclusion everyone is over at Bubblews chitchatting there. I hear you have to put in a fair amount of time commenting and whatnot.
    So, I'm curious to know how long you spend on B on a daily basis?

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Blubblers? This dog is too old to wander that far.

Hmm.

Well, that is enough conversation for now.

Reckon I'll just wander over to the next thread along and cock a leg.

2. Muttface profile image81
    Muttfaceposted 10 years ago

Hey you! Don't pee on my thread!
    Good name for a dog though, Blubblers.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

I am testing the Bubblews waters right now but don't have time to do much more than put up a few quick posts every other day or so. Im still undecided whether I'm going to keep hanging around there it or not.

4. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 10 years ago

Zero.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 10 years ago

Depends on how bored I am and what else I need to do

6. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

I spend 95% of my internet time on Bubblews. 

edit: In hours?  I work so it's when I have time.  Hour or two a day, more on days off, weekends.

edit:  Same amount of time I used to spend on HP.

7. agilitymach profile image91
    agilitymachposted 10 years ago

zero

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Hit and run several times a day. That way, it is fun and not work. Come to think of it..., I do the exact same thing here.

9. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 10 years ago

None since they stopped paying out for no reason what so ever sad

10. Jatinder Joshi profile image74
    Jatinder Joshiposted 10 years ago

I have joined bubblews on 25 Aug 2013. There seems to be much more energy out there about making money, but the quality of posts leave a lot to be desired though.

1. forbcrin profile image59
      forbcrinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There is more variety in membership there.

About quality of the postings, I don't really thing that it is much different anyplace. I am fed up of "how to" type of postings, and about postings done by people not really familiar with the topic...

11. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

Zero.  I have no interest at all. I don't spend too much time online at any site.

12. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

An hour or so, sometimes more. 3 payouts so far. And it's fun. I like the short, creative posts. I ignore the crappy writing, just like I do here. There's good writing over there, too.

13. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years ago

At this point a couple of hours a day (usually in the early hours of the morning).

14. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 10 years ago

In my opinion Bubblews is a disaster waiting to happen so a few minutes after joined I regretted my decision. I will not be spending time there, plus, I found one of my hubs there and that totally sank the boat for me.

1. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I doubt it will last, but our Hubs are found all over the internet. Bubbles will take articles down that are copied.  It's fun for now, and fun to make money.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image93
      Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What kind of disaster are you predicting Cardisia, I respect your opinion. Even if the site does fail, I think it will be interesting to see how it unfolds. If it does not, then we're in on the ground floor, or at least the third floor.

The thing I'm more worried about is that they will ruin it when they start trying to tame it down.

15. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

About an hour a day, maybe. I try to support the people who have read my work. Like someone else mentioned posts are short and it is billed as a social media site so it isn' about free lance writing. It is a lot of fun though. I've cashed out 3 times in a couple of months and never have here.

16. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years ago

I was just saying over at Bubblews that I missed having a forum and they should start one. But I was wrong, they do have a forum, and here it is.

1. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sherry, did you forget to give the link, or was it removed?  We do need a Forum on Bubblews.

I think she was saying THIS is the forum for Bubblews because everyone here is talking about it.

17. lady rain profile image94
    lady rainposted 10 years ago

None.. I don't like bubbles.

18. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 10 years ago

Why don't people just talk about Bubblews on Bubblews?  Why so many threads on HP?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image93

Because there is no forum there, you can write a bubble about it if you want to, and many do. There just is no designated area to have a conversation.

19. moonlake profile image81
    moonlakeposted 10 years ago

I also found one of my hubs on Blogspot. Hubs can be found anywhere. There's always someone out there that is going to take your hub. At least Bubblews took it down right away not so easy with Blogspot at least not for me.

Yep, I found one of my hubs on Squidoo, but it was changed just enough that I couldn't dispute it. Oh well, it wasn't a very good hub anyway.

I think they are actually pretty strict about the plagiarism on Bubblews. It's one of the few rules. You may see it there, but there's a good chance that the person who posted it didn't get paid.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
        Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they are very strict, so that's good. :-)

20. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

Well, I understand there is no comparison between a site like Bubblews and Hubpages. Bubblews is billed as a social media site, not a writing site. And I understand that Hubpages is trying to maintain a quality site but for me, having to have all of the photos, polls and peripheral stuff to have an article posted here takes the fun out of it for me.

I am not trying to be a free lance writer, I write for fun and Bubblews is fun. And I am making money there. Hubpages has a more serious tone.  I'll keep working at Bubblews until one day it folds--if and when.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
      Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am trying to be a freelance writer, and I agree that doing all the polls and formatting and such takes some of the fun out of HP. I feel my writing on Bubblews is fresher and more interesting. The way things are going, I hope HP isn't the one who folds. Things have been dismal of late. Just hanging in there to see.

+1

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just lost... disengaged, a 2500 word story.  Encouraged to publish anything else? Not exactly.

3. Lissie profile image76
        Lissieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Everytime someone  asks me where they should start writing online - I now say BubbleWS - it's by far the easiest place for beginners to learn what does and does not work online . Plus it's fun. Plus it pays - it's hard to see a downside!

As with any third party site - I keep a copy of all my content so if their is a disaster I can use it elsewhere

21. hyp profile image71
    hypposted 10 years ago

An hour or so if I have time.. smile

22. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 10 years ago

Most of my online time posting articles now because unlike here I can make $25 every two days if I post  10 articles per day. Over there they don't need to be long ones with videos, photos, maps and polls either. Sadly this place has almost lost me!

23. profile image0
    hlwarposted 10 years ago

Zero for me, too. Don't like Bubblews. I find the site overall a mess. Everyone is so frantic to post their 10 articles a day to make their money it's overwhelming. That competitiveness alone takes the fun out of it for me; I'd rather post useless stuff on Google+, LiveJournal, or deviantArt to get my jollies. (⌒▽⌒)

1. Bard of Ely profile image80
      Bard of Elyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am not there or here for fun but to make money which I need. I don't get it here any more so of course I love Bubblews!

2. Sherry Hewins profile image93

Bubblews is many things to many people. You can try to make a living there, or you can do it for fun. You can post scholarly articles, or you can use it as a FaceBook replacement. Most people do not frantically post 10 articles a day, most people are not that competitive. Bubblews can be what you want it to be.

Sherry - well said, I agree 100%

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)