Hub challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (35 posts)
  1. weavesandbraids profile image74
    weavesandbraidsposted 10 years ago

I need a group challenge. Anyone interested?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image59
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

What kind of a challenge?

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to know what kind of challenge too. I need one.

3. starstream profile image42
      starstreamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What is our first topic?

2. weavesandbraids profile image74

That's my big problem. I need a push to ramp up hub writing, but doing a 30/30 seems so lonely.

I tried to search the forums for any writing challenge by a group but can't find one.

How does one go about a group challenge, is it that we agree on topics each week, then write a certain number of hubs and crosslink?

Let's say three per week, or two.

Anyone not meeting the standards departs the group.

I was thinking of something like the weekly inspiration topics.
    We can rotate moderators. Each week the appointed person asks a question and we all write a minimum of two hubs in response.

How does that sound?

Do you mean a challenge like who can write the most Hubs in a certain length of time? Or maybe who can get a certain photo or video of something/someone?

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

We used to have something similar to that.  It was called the HubMob, and I think it was once a month, or maybe once a week.  Either way, we were given a topic, chosen by someone who volunteered to help with the program.  We had to write Hubs in response to a question.  We were able to post links to the hubs on that specific HubMob thread, and it was a lot of fun!  It kind of ran out of steam, and I think that's why they stopped doing it.  You could write as many Hubs as you wanted, and no one was excluded, or kicked out.  You wrote if you wanted, and didn't if you were unfamiliar with the topic that was being covered.

1. starstream profile image42

I like the idea of writing on a question or topic excluding no one. After all the challenge is for us all to improve our writing.  Count me interested!

3. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

I think someone just needs to start one on the forums. I like having a topic for the week and write as many or as little as you like.

I will participate.  Let's get started!

4. Stephanie7889 profile image73
    Stephanie7889posted 10 years ago

I love this idea! Count me in! We should rotate who gets to choose the topic. Who wants to go first?

5. profile image0
    TMDHemsley17posted 10 years ago

This sounds like an interesting idea, I'm certainly up to joining in.

6. weavesandbraids profile image74

someone please put up a topic

7. starstream profile image42
    starstreamposted 10 years ago

Topic:   "Hidden Treasure"

1. mcbel profile image64
      mcbelposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'd love to be part of this as well. Count me in!

Join in whenever you are ready.

8. starstream profile image42

"Hidden Treasure"  is the first topic.   Join in and be sure to use the quoted subject "Hidden Treasure" somewhere in your hub.  Obviously it cannot be the title!

We can link some of our hubs as they are completed.   I wrote my hub on this topic last night.  Our purpose is just to encourage More writing production.

1. sprickita profile image60
      sprickitaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

hello, so is this open to try still?

Yes!   You are welcome..... we will choose another topic by mid-week.  You can still write on this one too.

very cool ty. 8-)

2. Stephanie7889 profile image73
      Stephanie7889posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I finished mine! Now what?

Just publish it.... I want to read it.  YEA!

9. weavesandbraids profile image74

Thanks for the topic, I have started on mine and will publish tomorrow

Our first topic:   "Hidden Treasure"  If you publish a hub be sure to add the words "Hidden Treasure" somewhere in your hub.  Let us know at this forum link so that we can read it.  Some of us may link hubs too.

10. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Here is your challenge. Post an amazing hub, highly desirous by googlers. Preferably it will be a huge money maker, over 1200 words and the pics will be properly accredited. Here's the challenge: If you finish first, you have to put my name on it, and if I finish first, I will give you authorship of the one Im writing. Ok, go!

I accept, although I do not know if it will be a money maker. I can only hope. By the way, do I put your name in before or after it makes money? lol

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Just wait and see... if it gets positive reviews, go ahead and throw my name on there... and if it's a huge money maker, Ill just copy and paste it onto my page. I think we've got a great plan here.

11. misslong123 profile image82
    misslong123posted 10 years ago

I'm a bit nervous to join another challenge. I did 30 Stellar hubs in 60 days, I was sick for 1/2 of that time, and it was a bit stressful. Over mid-way through, I was frustrated because I was only one busting my sick butt kicking out these hubs, so I posted a message asking if anyone was still in, and guess what? No one answered. Ever. So, I guess I was the only one laying in bed sick for weeks stressing about writing Stellar hubs, because they all dropped out. It was just a disappointing experience. It was my first contest ever; it was a bit stressful, especially being sick, and I was working really hard to complete it. Anyway, that's my little rant on my hesitation to join another challenge. I keep hearing how much they can help you; I'm just nervous for a repeat experience. I don't know.

~Michele

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Still at the end, you are the one with all the stellar hubs... which is what you would have had had the rest still participated, so you didn't really lose anything right? Good for you though for getting it done... even while sick.

12. misslong123 profile image82
    misslong123posted 10 years ago

Thank you. Yes, I was proud that I was able to do that, being that I still feel very new to all of this. I guess I just thought hub challenges were supposed to help you get extra promotion, because all of the other participants would be reading your hubs. Oh well. lol. I guess my Google readers will read them. smile

~Michele

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is an informal challenge sort of thing.  This isn't being run by HP staff.  It's very "no-pressure".

13. starstream profile image42

Is there anyone participating in this hub challenge ?  I'd like to read your hub if you published one on the subject of " hidden treasure".   Please reply here at this forum.  Also, I'd like someone to choose a new topic for this week.

I sorta did , but its comin down cause it was a trick or treat alternative sorta party idea thing. It is still up for a min if ud like, how did urs come out? 8-) Happy Hubbing ttfn

14. R Richards profile image60
    R Richardsposted 10 years ago

Hello,

Anyone still doing this challenge?
    I am new and would like to get some good hubs done.

15. profile image0
    jasonstover9posted 10 years ago

I am going to participate too. In the future please start the forum thread as hub mob and then what week it is. This week is week one.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)