which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (44 posts)
  1. etb50 profile image59
    etb50posted 14 years ago

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

here is the answer that is on Yahoo.com, read what they think, and tell me what you think.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 556AASTta0

this is under religion because if you read the askers rating of the best answer, they quote a passage from the bible. Do u agree with this passage?

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The primordial ooze! lol

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

I hope that this will not create fiery, fierce and ferocious combat of wits and beliefs. I believe that chicken comes first...

3. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

That one is easy... The Chickenosaurus. big_smile

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah it is fried Chickenosaurus with scrambled Eggsnosaur, wakikik...

1. profile image0
        Hack Retisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a new family film from PIXAR or something.

2. my-success-guru profile image56
      my-success-guruposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh haaa LOL

4. profile image0
    Hack Retisposted 14 years ago

Duh, everyone knows it was the egg.

No chicken egg, no chicken.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but who laid the egg?  smile

5. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Eggs were around way before a chicken ever was!

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yea the dinosaur eggs big_smile

who laid the egg?

or was under a cabbage patch ..lol

6. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

egg

The creature that laid the first chicken egg, genetically  speaking, was not yet a chicken.  It was the chicken's predecessor in evolutionary terms, yet had the genetic ability to create a chicken.

Either way, both were probably delicious if prepared properly.

7. Raven King profile image60
    Raven Kingposted 14 years ago

The egg!
    The egg was without a shell so it looked foamy and creepy. hehe.

8. drummer boy profile image59
    drummer boyposted 14 years ago

I believe the chicken came first.

9. dabeaner profile image61
    dabeanerposted 14 years ago

Male chicken or female chicken?  Males usually come faster.  I don't know about eggs.

10. earnestshub profile image78
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Are we talking about the Highlands here?

Filipinos are exceedingly generous, takes pride on their hospitality and very amiable. If you'll visit them they'll certainly kill their chickens for you to have something to eat... Highlanders here in the Philippines are responsible citizen and civilized as well and we're proud of them, they speak fluent English better than the Lowlanders here in our country, because of the influence brought by the American colonization, I'm referring to Igorots, a ethnic group in our country. The fishmox remarks we're out of context and he definitely stepped on the line. Your probably talking about other nations in Asia, I know some countries that has this mentality but I'll not mentioning any, though, for I'm a learnt man person with dignity and passion for other people's feelings.

To enlighten you well fishmox try to read this hub by paraglider that speak well of our people.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Filipinos

If you have balls fishmox dont be a sissy hiding on an unknown account, grrr on your racial slurs, you just made a heavy sin that is too heavy for you to bear. Karma is inevitable bro.

1. fishmox profile image60
        fishmoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have more balls than you can handle, sir. because I don't challenge people when I know there would be no chance of them putting up to the challenge, but I can assure you, I have more balls than you can ever handle.
          I would advise before you go off half-cocked and shoot your foot, look for older folks and ask them because what I related is a trait among Filipino muslims that have been the subject of jokes for more years than I care to remember.
        Igorots ?
        What have you got to tell me about them that I don't know about?
        Nothing.
        I grew up in Baguio City, sir, went to school at St Louis University.
        When I was in third grade my best friend was an Ifugao who would take me with him to his village in summer and I have the best memories of that childhood.
        You put up your dukes real quick, and don't know your middle is exposed.

We are discussing a light subject, and everybody's mood is light, until you came along with your onion-skinned "proud Filipino" shit.
        What, you think I'm not proud to be a Filipino ?
        I've lived in the US for decades and AM STILL  a Filipino citizen, you screwup.

2. fishmox profile image60

The south, where you've got the Abu Sayyaf.

Donald Trump could help you maybe

1. fishmox profile image60

Hell, those guys' math and logic will make Donald Trump's head spin so hard he won't know which way is up or down.

A muslim farmer was at the bus stop at 4 in the morning and watching the conductor load his baskets of watermelon on top of the bus.
          A fellow passenger approaches and asks: are those watermelons really all red and ripe ?
          The farmer says: yeah, they all ripe and redder than cherry.
          Suddenly a watermelon fell off one of the baskets and crashed right in front of the farmer and his fellow passenger, who picks up the fruit, and sees it all pale.
          He confronts the farmer and says, you said they were all red and ripe, how come this is pale ?
          The farmer looks at him like he was out of his mind and says:
          What.  You try falling from that height and see if you don't turn pale.

good joke lol

11. Tom Cornett profile image81
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Rooster...but depends on the foreplay?

12. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

First there was the Big Bang....

When it was found that no matter what foreplay was applied the Eggs still would not respond.... It was decided that perhaps Chickens would respond to the same cosmic stimuli... AND Yep they Did.. So the Chickens came first... big_smile

I also support this argument with the fact that eggs do not grow on trees.... But chickens happily do!! big_smile

I definitely agree with you Kiwi... Nyahahaha smile

13. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Thanks Hubpages team for getting rid of fishmox in this forum topic.

14. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

It's the eggken.. it developed a split personality and physically divided after the Big Bang

15. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I got a funny pic, how do I post it?

16. my-success-guru profile image56
    my-success-guruposted 14 years ago

Not sure but both tasty!!! smile

1. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what I was going to say!

17. profile image0
    iPodTouchTappposted 14 years ago

The egg, it was formed by some DNA stuff lol, they've also been around for years before dinosaurs smile

18. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Geez, I thought the omelet predated everything.

19. profile image57
    untiedshoelaceposted 14 years ago

This riddle never mentions the type of egg. Therefore, we have the right to assume they mean dinosaur eggs. Since dinosaurs came millions of years before chickens, it is clear that the egg came before the chicken. =]

20. profile image53
    Monday Midniteposted 14 years ago

God created all things. Chicken came first. Ask yourselves this....sperm or man, which one came first?

21. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

a monkey smile

what?

2. earnestshub profile image78
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fair enough Misha... do you think the question is fowl?

22. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL
    Very simple line of thought smile
    Chicken was not chicken until a man called it chicken, the same is true to egg. Now, we all know a man descended from a monkey tongue

There is one variety swingin through the Forum ,I havent seen before  lol and I aint related!

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wanna banana? wink

1. earnestshub profile image78
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll take one of those now, thanks!

23. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

The egg was a reproducapable hybrid, produced by the mating of a Chicasaurus and a Kenepecker. The egg was unique and produced a ChicKen. Therefore the egg came first.

24. MBP42 profile image60
    MBP42posted 14 years ago

Had to have been the chicken and the rooster cause it takes the right pair to make the egg. The egg didn't conceive itself. But maybe the chickenosaur did.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)