Previous month added to balance on 5th of following month

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (17 posts)
  1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image77
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 10 years ago

Why does hubpages show on the earning program, that you made so-much, and then give you a slap-in-the-face, showing you only made basically.. half the amount.

I went my whole time on hubpages, thinking I made the amount that it shows when we go to account. Excitedly, I thought I would make pay-out this month. I was wrong.. I made about, half of that, and did not make pay-out.

Absurd, I thought. Yet, I went with it, and eased my rant. I am now looking though.. why do such a thing. I didn't see this amount as big, but knowing now that it's even less than the moderate amount.. Geez.. hubpages makes tiny.

WHHYY!!?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can see your revenue balance history in detail here.
      https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/history

PoeticPhilosophyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I know... but I "thought" we made how much it shows when we go to account, and it says, Hubpages earning program, then the amount displayed.

The only thing on the account page that refers to HubPages Earnings Program directly is a total for the current month.
          HubPages Earnings Program: $x.xx so far this month
          The earnings history report shows all your past and current balance information related to revenue.

If you go to earnings, you can also run a report for each of the programs.
          https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/reports

Are you perhaps referring to your eBay sales report?
          If so, it is not revenue, but the sales made with your affiliate account and you do not receive all of the sales value nor a percentage.
          https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/ebay

1. sallybea profile image93
            sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am equally confused - how can the earnings  be shown all month and now they are nowhere on the page.-- nothing after the 4th November - except the current month's figures - where are the earnings from after the 4th November to the end of the month. They were there all month.   I find this very strange, I had fully expected a payout this month.   
            Also do  UK members get paid on a different date writers in the USA? 
            I wish someone could explain this in plain English so that I could understand how this works. 
            Thanks Matthew.

@sallbea

You can run the earnings report for all programs and dates of Nov 1 to Nov 30 2013 and the resulting report should provide detailed information.
              https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/reports

Payments are issued at the same time for all authors.
              It may take a bit longer for some countries to receive the transfers.
              Balance history shows any revenue and payouts.
              https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/history

If the balance report shows you have met the minimum threshold of $50, then a payment will be issued around the 28th of the month for the previous month's earnings.
              http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-payments

Matthew, sorry to appear so dumb.
                Earnings for a particular month will not appear here until several days after the end of that month (up to 30). - what does this mean?  Is this the amount  earned over the whole of previous month which is not currently shown - because that amount would have taken me well over the threshold even by the 28th of the month. 
                I think this indicates that payments work a whole month behind. Am I correct?   Sorry to be a pain but I would like to understand how it works
                Thank you.
                Sally

@sallybea
                  No worries. I think the language in the FAQ could perhaps be clarified.

You are correct.
                  Once you meet the minimum threshold, a payment is issued the following month (if your account is in good standing).

Thank you Matthew - least I feel satisfied in my ability to understand it now - even though my purse feels really empty!!

2. PoeticPhilosophy profile image77

I do not have any ebay capsules, so no, I am not referring to the ebay program... I am referring to when you go to "My Account", it displays how much the Hubpages Earning Program has earned. So.. I thought that was how much I made as it was displayed, and since I didn't make payout, I messaged you guys about the issue. You guys gave me a link to check my earnings, as you just did in this thread, and my earnings are completely different (way less) as is displayed when you log in here on hubpages..

It sounds like you are looking at an AdSense report and not the revenue report on HubPages.  These reports do not show the same things, so there isn't really a way to compare them side by side.

You should always refer to the balance history report and not any report in your Google AdSense account to see when you meet the minimum payout threshold.

It is not the adsense report... I would have to log-in to my AdSense account to view that. It is the "Hubpages Earning Program" when you log into Hubpages, and than you put the mouse on your username, and the link, My Account, My Earnings, My Profile will come up. I click "My Account", and it shows you your hubpages earnings. I click on that, and view the total earned from the program, and it says I have an amount, then when I go to log into the link that you guys say to... I have a much lower amount.

If you have any further questions, please email us at team at hubpages dot com.
                  Include a screen shot of the specific reports to which you are referring and we can try to explain it further.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image70

@PoeticPhilosophy
                  I think I understand what you are describing.

On the my earnings page it says:
                  Last Month (Nov) - $xx.xx

But on the balance history page, that amount has not yet been credited
                  It will be credited on December 4th, per the explanation here (see the "payment cycle" image).

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-payments
                  http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8163477.png

Ah, I see. So my November month goes to December? Ok, it all makes sense now, ahaha.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
      Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I always pull up the "Balance History" report, so I can see over a period of time how much I made, how much I was paid, and how much I have earned since my last payment.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Much like you, I take a note each day of the figures published, and double-check the CPM when the star sign disappears, because often it's adjusted upwards or downwards.

I keep it all as an Excel file and it never changes by much, even after the small adjustments they do to figures in the first week of the following month.

That slight adjustment certainly doesn't account for losing half the earnings, as PP claimed. Not saying it can't happen, but it's never happened to me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)