What happens to animals when they die?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (66 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 10 years ago

I saw this thing on Youtube the other day and it said that animals have souls that are to the flesh, as opposed to  us--we have souls that are to the spirit.  Therefore, when animals perish, their souls perish with them.  What do you guys think?  Do you think animals go to Heaven or Hell?  The link to this video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wivgDck1l88.  It is a little long, but it's in there.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Without evidence that either any animal, including humans, has a soul that lives beyond what the body does, there is no reason to think that it either goes to heaven or anywhere else.

1. profile image0
        Lybrahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You mean to tell me that Cappy won't be waiting for me on the other side?

1. Jodah profile image92
          Jodahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Personally Lybrah, I don't think animals are any less mportant to we humans. After all we are only animals ourselves and god created us all. If there is a Heaven, I think every creature goes there when they die. I know my dogs and cats have more compassion and show more love than any person I know, so why shouldn't they?

2. wilderness profile image96

Only in your memories, I'm afraid. 

But that's all right - an eternal life would be the worst thing imaginable to suffer through.  Death is a surcease we all need.

1. profile image0

Why do you say that?  You'd rather cease to exist than live forever?  I like existing.

I like existing, too.

Will I like it 10,000 years from now, when I've done everything I want to do, and done it 10 times over?

Will I like it a million years from now when I have experienced every single thing there is to experience, good and bad, and done that a thousand times over?

Eventually terminal boredom will set in, followed in a million years or so by insanity. 

We all say we want to live "forever" without stopping to think just what "forever"  actually means.  No matter how long it takes to see everything, feel everything, do everything, it is but the tiniest baby step towards eternity.  A million years, a billion, a trillion - all are but the first step along the timeline of eternity.

To most people, a couple of hundred years is an "eternity", or "forever", but even though it is out of our reach, it is not "forever".

1. profile image0

That's interesting.  I believe in Jesus and Heaven, and wonder what we'll be doing up there when we die.  How will God keep us entertained?

I see two choices: either wipe your memory periodically (change you into someone else) or destroy you.  Anything else results in a terrible boredom that will never diminish, not after experiencing every possible thing a hundred or a thousand times.

1. aguasilver profile image70
                    aguasilverposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think we have a differing opinion of "experiencing every possible thing a hundred or a thousand times." and I admit that I find it impossible to envisage what or how extensive 'every possible thing' may be, infinity and eternity just seem to be outside of human understanding.

But I do think animals will be with us in eternity, because Yeshua returns on a horse when He comes back to wrap up this age.

What I think will be spectacular (and worth suffering whatever was needed to gain eternity) will be the complete understanding and knowledge which will be available to those who make it to be with God in eternity.

I guess those who reject eternity with God, will be stuck with their limited understanding for eternity, which I agree would be infinitely boring as they constantly rehashed their failings like a perpetual 'Groundhog Day' without the ability to correct their errors... especially as eternity with God is a free gift of grace to all who will accept it, but a curse to those who reject it.

2. bBerean profile image60
    bBereanposted 10 years ago

1 Corinthians 2:9 - "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

I don't anticipate boredom.

1. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wonder how one sees and hears without eyes and ears?

3. Peggasuse profile image82
    Peggasuseposted 10 years ago

I definitely believe that animals DO go to heaven.  There are many people who have had near death experiences, who have seen their pets (who already passed) in heaven with their relatives.

I did also check out the video link that is in your article.  The guy who's reporting this, has absolutely no proof that what he's saying is truth, so I wouldn't take his word for anything.  It just seems to be his opinion. 

Besides that, he reports his near-death experience which is a lot different from what the majority of people  have had.  I have known people who've had this type of experience, and I myself have had one.  I can tell you in truth that is is NOT what really happens.

So, anyway, let me just say that if you had a pet who passed, you'll definitely see him/her when you cross over.  Pets have spirits, too smile

1. profile image0

You've had a near death experience?  Do share!  I'm interested in hearing about it.

4. Disappearinghead profile image59
    Disappearingheadposted 10 years ago

Did Neanderthals go to heaven?.... Just asking.

1. profile image0

And are the dinosaurs there as well?  It would be cool to see them one day.

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

But it's just not the same with our eyes to see their none bodies.

2. Zelkiiro profile image88
      Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget Homo Erectus, Homo Ergaster, Homo Habilis, Homo Heidelbergensis, and Homo Florensiensis!

1. Jodah profile image92

See with all those there, how could it be boring?

3. wilderness profile image96

Those were just bones, put there by Satan to confuse us.  Bones and cave drawings and fire remains and stone tools and pointed, charred sticks and, and, and.

Actually, I've wondered that too.  Do the theists just dismiss those people out of hand as intelligent animals or did they have souls?  A whole different species with a soul!

1. Zelkiiro profile image88

The argument that Lucifer created fossils to confuse humanity has always amused me, and I have to wonder if the Christians who make that argument realize how heretical it is. After all, the ultimate divine power exclusive to God himself (creation) is now being attributed to Lucifer. That would imply that Lucifer is, indeed, on the same level as God, then.

Yay theology fail!

1. profile image0

I don't believe that Lucifer created the fossils to confuse us.  Dinosaurs most definitely existed before humans.  I think God had created the dinosaurs and then when he got sick of them, he wiped them out and then prepared the Earth for us.

1. Zelkiiro profile image88

...What.

1. profile image0

Seriously.  It makes sense.  They lived on the Earth for millions of years.  God got sick of them eventually...

Boredom is a terrible thing...

2. EncephaloiDead profile image55
                EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would not enjoy living in a universe created by that kind of selfish and cruel God.

Then you probably won't. sad

1. EncephaloiDead profile image55
                    EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

And, it's a good thing that I don't. smile

2. Jodah profile image92

The way humans are treating his planet and the other creatures He created, I hope God doesn't get sick of us soon and wipe us out.

??  I thought the animals were put here for our use, as we see fit.  That we might rule over them.

2. profile image0
              MysticMoonlightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, Jodah.

2. profile image0

A diabolical mimicry tie in? According to some in the early church, Lucifer was a very busy guy back in the day for sure.

And the not-so-early church found Lucifer's minions everywhere during the witch burning years...

1. profile image0

Yes, they certainly did.

2. aguasilver profile image70

Check out this guy, I would be interested to hear what you think about his presentation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zz8_MxcnzY

(Nephilim: TRUE STORY of Satan, Fallen Angels, Giants, Aliens....)

smile

Have you ever heard of Piltdown Man?  Ulysses?  Odysseus?  Cold Fusion? Thor, Odin or Yahweh?

The world abounds with both fraud and fiction.  You would do well to take better care what you believe to be true.

Hint: when the speaker begins with the assurance that it is all a TRUE STORY, and authentic, keep you hand firmly on your wallet.  You are about to be scammed.

So I guess your 'inner self' stopped you from looking at it all and making an informed decision, why watch when you can just judge something?

Now I know why I don't bother wasting my time in the forums too often..... sad

I watched it until a grossly misshapen skull was shown, with the insinuation it was a half breed descendant from a god/man union.  At that point I could stomach no more and quit wasting my time.

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
                Disappearingheadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It amazes me how Christians can be taken in by the idea of human/angel hybrids. Err hello since when did an angel (non material spirit being) have DNA, or a penis for that matter? Yet they also claim the Holy Spirit reveals things to them; surely this doesn't include Middle Eastern mythical tales?

Now, you are thinking about this, when you should be feeling for the Word of God.  When if feels good, it is true; those that want sex with an angel will believe in hybrids while those that don't, won't.  Quite simple, actually.

I'd be grateful to have sex with a woman never mind an angel. hmm

2. aguasilver profile image70

OK, well at least you are honest about it, something that you found uncomfortable to contemplate, so straight to judgement and the next subject that confirms your biased beliefs, oh how I wish it were that easy to search for truth!

DH just as an aside, I watch with interest as you slip slowly into a total world view...

1. Woody Marx profile image69
                  Woody Marxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Most animals become ghosts. I have a large assortment of my previous pets that have gone on to the 'other side' still hanging out in my flat and being every bit as entertaining as they were when they were alive.

My first tortoise Joseph appears now and again, for instance, when he has learned a new poem and wishes to recite it to me.

My old pet cricket who only lived a few days when I was 8 years old, comes back as a ghostly chirp on days having the letter 'e' in them.

And so on.

Ghostly pets. What could be nicer ? 

Of course animals have an afterlife!

2. wilderness profile image96

Uncomfortable to contemplate?  Uncomfortable?  Uncomfortable has zero to do with it; what was being presented as truth was so far removed from reality as to be a complete waste of time. 

Sure, there were enough tips and clues as to the validity of that farce that only a few minutes was needed to serve up judgement not hours of meaningless drivel.  The real "belief" about that scene concerned the veracity and honesty of the speaker, not what he had to say.  And that, sadly, was that the man was NOT there to offer truth and fact.

3. Disappearinghead profile image59

Mmmm so because I am not taken in by myths about fallen angels and hybrids, because I choose to use my God given brain, because I base my life upon evidence rather than hearsay, I'm taking on a World view? Well I've always had 'this World view'. However I believe the biblical use of the term 'World view' is somewhat different, more about human greed, inhumanity, worshipping idols, superstition, judging others and the like.

Yes, that horrible (but real) world view.  Better that you should live in your imagination than in the real world.  You will find solace and happiness there, at least if you can shut down your God given brain.  At least I think so - I've never managed to do that to a sufficient degree to believe what I found there.

5. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

It's all about the Bible.

For Christianity, that's ok. What isn't ok is assumption of absolute literal interpretational truth, and then a search for 'evidence' that appears to support that 'truth'.

For example is it credible study when those at 'Answers in Genesis' insist on a literal 6000 year old Earth, where the Flintstones is considered Reality TV, and they exist only to search for 'evidence' to support this whilst wilfully ignoring the scientific community?

Is it credible study to insist Lucifer was a beautiful archangel in charge of music, God's second in command, who through pride rebelled, had a fight, and got cast to Earth with a third of the angels, to wreak havoc on Earth and lead 95% of humanity to hell whilst causing washing machines to break down in his spare time? This story isn't in the bible, and a Jewish scholar who knows his Hebrew would find this whole idea complete nonsense.

Is it credible to insist that the unconditional everlasting love of God has conditions attached and comes with an expiry date?

These are things Christian's believe because they are told they are in the bible.

It's ok not to agree with Paul the Apostle. It's ok not to believe in creationism. it's ok to believe that the Exodus probably didn't happen, that King David wasn't a great king, or that not all that is in the bible is true or the verbatim word of God.

1. Jodah profile image92

This forum has got so off topic 'What happens to animals when they die" and I've noticed that the person who started it hasn't even had a say for ages. Anyway here's my input for what it's worth to where the discussion's headed:

'The Fool Hath Said'

"There is no God", the speaker cries,
        "Don't let your thoughts be chained:
        This universe evolved itself,
        The world is self-contained."
        Just then an urchin in the crowd
        A skillful pebble throws
        Which accurately lands upon
        The atheistic nose.
        "Who threw that stone?' the speaker roars;
        At which the cockney elf,
        Intuitively keen, retorts,
        "No one! It frew irself."
        So a pathetic casualty,
        Discomforted and worse,
        Goes home to meditate upon
        This causeless Universe.

1. profile image0
          Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

So your way to get things back on topic was to post a poem about the person who got things off topic?

1. Jodah profile image92

I wasn't trying to get it back on topic Beth, just comment on the topic it had become.

1. profile image0
              Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I getcha. smile

2. profile image0

That poem is pretty good.  And yeah, you'll notice I left this conversation a long, long time ago!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)