So sad and destructive

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image44
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

Moderators with personal agendas are now determining "featured" status. Well maybe they are great and will elevate HP. But maybe their unfettered agendas will destroy HP. Management seems aloof. And that is OK. But what is now featured is clearly personal agenda oriented.

Maybe I will conform, and delight them. Easy to do. But that is not the point. Moderators are becoming censors and the arbiters of the direction of content on HP.

We are not talking quality here. We are talking moderator preference. I hub hop and see way too many non featured hubs that are awesome and perfectly written yet our moderators trash them.

This will kill HP. Some smart dudettes will fill the quality void. HP your editorial staff is amateurish at best and vengeful at notice.

( no you little groupies I have way too many featured it is not about me, I am happy with my featured status that I cannot keep up with) this is system oriented and not about missy attack anybody who says something negative about HP -- stay away)

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL  I'm pretty sure your "moderators with personal agendas" are a piece of software.  I very highly doubt that every hub published receives a read by humans.

1. ronbergeron profile image84
        ronbergeronposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. I suspect it's more likely a combination of software algorithms and "hub hops". Of course, I'm pretty new here, so I could be wrong.

2. Ericdierker profile image44
        Ericdierkerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think so and hope it is an algorithm but I am starting to think other wise. I can beat an algorithm and was successful at it here. But when you spell check, have another read it and include every bell and whistle and toss in some SEO and Keyword stuff, go over 1500 hundred and it still gets black listed you know it is not a machine.
        And that is cool and get close here makes my work marketable elsewhere. But I suggest it is not the best for HP but they are like so many companies and get click oriented and quality content blind.
        Somebody publish a list of moderators so we can judge for ourselves.

2. HollieT profile image81
      HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Eric, if you'd have said that there are moderators who patrol the forums and have personal agendas when it comes to banning certain members, I'd be nodding my head in agreement.

But when it comes to idling hubs, I honestly don't think that's the case. I think HP are chasing traffic and idle hubs which do not receive it. They are trying to second guess Google, which I believe to be a mistake because G can't really be second guessed.  They're going down the populist route, imho. If people aren't searching for it, HP will idle it.

Again, I think that's a mistake. What is unpopular today, might be a trend tomorrow.

2. Vik Beluso profile image67
    Vik Belusoposted 10 years ago

This seems a little paranoid to me.  No matter how motivated these shadowy mods may be by 'personal agendas', they'd get sick of censoring thousands of hubs everyday.  The bulk of this is probably done by bots.

3. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

neutral

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, YES,  I KNOW, I KNOW!
      http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8543488.jpg

4. EricDieker profile image58
    EricDiekerposted 10 years ago

Elevator music, the management is ahoof! Woof woof, feature this hub.  I hub hopped 28 poetry hubs that were unfeatured with secret moderator notes saying that they would never feature any hubs written by those poets.  I hacked into the system and saw the notes myself! Tell me that is not a conspiracy.  And yet hubs on Taco Bell sauce ingredients are featured on the front page every day.  Sometimes even twice a day!

All you little groupies in your cubicles listening to Katy Perry dueting with Luke Perry, you can't handle the truth.

Who is this great hacker? HP should hire the person. And again I am honored to be included in the parody of me.

1. EricDieker profile image58
        EricDiekerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can tell that you and I are kindred spirits, we think alike my esteemed fellow human of the world. That is the cool part of the CSI's, all that razz a ma tazz stuff but it still comes down to her nagging feeling about something something that leads to the discovery of "truth".  Tell me what personal agenda can incorporate such a monumental idea as that!  Private Britney Spears concert for one in my cubicle, let the moderators rip my ear buds out and tell me to add more polls to my hubs.  They can't handle the truth!

I am telling you this hacker is more than good. She gets to the heart of the matter and cares what she posts. Let me tip my hat again.

1. HollieT profile image81
            HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why do you assume it's a she?

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
      Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Incorrect. This is what I'm listening to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfHIOv-dk3g

5. vveasey profile image72
    vveaseyposted 10 years ago

I noticed that too Eric. I think they may be using certain hubbers to help with or do their "quality" checks,therefore the personal agendas.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I have only one featured hub out of over a hundred, but who cares? I doubt there is any agenda.  I see no evidence of it at all.

7. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Erik, this is really disturbing. When you start to feel like this, please reach out to someone. A trusted friend or medical staff... have them help you make sure your meds are all as they should be. Call someone. I'm sorry that no one here can help you.

Can someone help me to get Beth37 banned for such a personal attack of a horribly mean nature? this has nothing to do with the issues raised and is just mean and spiteful and adds nothing at all to proper discourse.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I hope you're feeling better tomorrow Erik. Night.

Beth you need serious help. I assume you do not have a husband or child. Thank goodness.

1. gmwilliams profile image85

That's NOT NICE, Eric.  Now apologize to Beth!

1. profile image0

It's ok GM, I totally understand. It's not a big deal. Just moving on. (Wasn't being audacious at all.)

8. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 10 years ago

what ru talking about ? Do you have any proof of any of this or are you just babaling?

9. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 10 years ago

Wow , seriously? now that I read the rest of what you wrote it looks like you are just a whiner

1. profile image0

Erik has shared before that he has certain issues that he deals with. Maybe wait and see if he's feeling better in a few days.

Wow Beth I think I will report that comment as it is clearly only an attack on me.
        Of course you are perfect. You comment was and is only a personal attack and lent nothing to the issue. And your holier than thou attitude seeps through.

1. profile image0

Oh dear Erik. I meant that in all kindness. You had shared once that you were dealing with something and I thought maybe you were going thru a rough moment so I was suggesting that we just take a break from commenting for a moment. I wasn't trying to be unkind at all.

You Are not sincere. You do not care one small bit about me and you are just being as mean as you can be. Go ahead and deny that all you want to.

And suggesting that others do not comment on someone else's work here is so wrongful it is near actionable.

We all know how perfect you are. Give it a rest.

1. profile image0

It's my fault Erik. Im very sorry. Maybe you will forgive me later. I hope so.

2. gmwilliams profile image85

OUCH!  Beth37, there's ANOTHER side to you-how audacious!  I LOVE IT!  PREACH ON, PREACH ON!

10. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 10 years ago

Alright Eric my friend , now behave yourself or I'll come over there ...LOL

11. profile image0

Eric my friend are you serious ? Is hubpages moderated "by a program" , And did you hack into it and find this out , or is this your quirky sense of humor and I am a slow dude in getting it  ?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Almost all hubpage day to day regulatory features are automated, this is pretty apparent by just watching how the work.  The only real exception being QAP and that is done by mturk workers, not "staff" with all their alleged agendas..

12. profile image0

Sorry everyone , I didn't "get this " ! Eric , eal and be well my friend !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)