Week 2: Results of The Grow the HubPot Challenge!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Robin profile image86
    Robinposted 10 years ago

Day One Winner:
    fatfreddyscat:  A Guide to Collecting Sony/BMG's "Extended Versions" CDs

Day Two Winner:
    oceansnsunsets:  The Beautiful Asiatic Lily - Gallery of Asiatic Lillies

Day Three Winner:
    Silver Q:  Passive Aggressive Behavior: How to recognize it and how to deal with it.

Day Four Winner:
    stonecircle:   Vintage Maple Molasses Cake

Day Five Winner:
    akirchner:  Breadbaking:  No Knead Loaf

Day Six Winner:
    viking305:  How to Grow Carrots in Containers in a Small Garden: Carrot Recipes

Day Seven Winner:
    PegCole17:  Real Italian Cream Cake and Cream Cheese Frosting with Step-by-Step Photos

Grand Prize Winner:
    oceansnsunsets:The Beautiful Asiatic Lily - Gallery of Asiatic Lillies

Congratulations!  To see all of the top 10 candidates, check out the HubPages Blog!

1. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Woohoo!! I won! I won!

I'd like to thank the Hub judges, the Academy, my Mom, and of course, the inimitable Charo... for obvious reasons.

Seriously, this is cool. Thanks a bunch HP!

1. ChristinS profile image38
        ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Awesome smile congrats to you.

2. spartucusjones profile image89
        spartucusjonesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats my fellow music geek! I really have to take back what I said previously about music hubs!

We're breaking thru the wall,  Spartucus!

2. merej99 profile image72
          merej99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You're in the top ten too spartacusjones!  Welcome to the club big_smile

1. spartucusjones profile image89
            spartucusjonesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I also some how squeaked in on Saturday, last week. 2 out of 4 hubs isn't bad. I am a bit pleasantly surprised! It a little bit of revenge of the music geeks (or would that be music nerds?) Thanks for the kinds words, merej99!

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
        Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A BIG congratulations to you, FatFreddysCat.  Well done !

4. Will Apse profile image87
        Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There goes the tone of the whole thing. lol.

But...but I has a happy!!

1. Robin profile image86
            Robinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!  Don't forget to sign the affidavit so I can update your HP earnings account!  smile

Ummmm....sign the what now?

Seriously...I know not of what you speak, nor do I have any idea of where to go for that. Am I supposed to receive a form to sign via email, or something??

1. paradigmsearch profile image58
                paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The affidavit is where you will have to swear (or affirm) that:

A. You are indeed a cat.
                B. You do, in fact, belong to someone named Freddy.
                C. That Freddy is indeed fat.

2. Robin profile image86

I sent you an email the day that you won.  If you will email me at robin.edmondson@hubpages.com, I will forward it to you.  I used the email you signed up with, so maybe that's the problem.  smile

Thanx Robin - will do. I've looked thru my email a number of times and can't seem to find anything, even in my SPAM folder.

1. Robin profile image86

I sent it again to both of your email addresses.  I hope it works this time!  smile

2. oceansnsunsets profile image84
      oceansnsunsetsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, thank you so much HubPages!  I am very excited and super surprised!  It has been a long time since I participated in a contest with HubPages, so I am excited that I did this time, all the more. smile  You really made my day, thank you!

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image91

Very well done oceansnsunsets -- Congratulations to you.  I am very happy for you.

1. oceansnsunsets profile image84
          oceansnsunsetsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Phyllis, I appreciate that.  smile

You are most welcome. Your hub was well deserving of this award.

3. Seafarer Mama profile image79
      Seafarer Mamaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to all of the winners!  Way to go!

2. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Yaaaayyy!!!! OMG, FatFreddysCat, you won! I'm so happy for you. That was a good read, great hub us oldschoolers can relate to. Great job. smile I must go look at the top ten. Yaay!

3. Hackslap profile image81
    Hackslapposted 10 years ago

Congrats FatFreddy! ..

4. Thelma Alberts profile image89
    Thelma Albertsposted 10 years ago

Congratulations FatFreddysCat!

5. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

Funny, Paradigm... smile

But seriously...Robin, where did you go? I need a clue here.

1. Writer Fox profile image32
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Here's the form:

Dear Robin,

Send all my money to Writer Fox.

Thank you,

__________________ (Sign Here)

Dear Robin,

If WF changes his mind or does not get this form thing right, you may send his money to me.  lol

Thank you!

6. Robin profile image86
    Robinposted 10 years ago

Congrats to Silver Q for her amazing Hub!   All of the Top 10 were great today!! 

Be sure to check out the blog for a change in our requirements!  We are making it easier for new Hubbers as well as Hubbers that share AdSense IDs to participate.  Check out our blog for more information!

Congratulations Silver Q and all the top ten. Great job!

7. ESPeck1919 profile image85
    ESPeck1919posted 10 years ago

Congrats to SilverQ and all of the winners!

Should I include myself in that, or would that be a little too self absorbed? wink

8. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 10 years ago

Congratulations to all of you!!

9. StoneCircle profile image88
    StoneCircleposted 10 years ago

Well that was a very nice surprise to come home to.
    Thank you all for the congratulations!

Doing a happy dance in Dublin NH and now I have to go buy a card to thank my grandmother for those old family recipes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)