I don't think this is allowed. Can anyone else help me out?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image67
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 16 years ago

I came across this hub and almost fell out from shock! Is stuff like this really allowed on HP or should it be flagged a hundred time to get it off quicker?

http://hubpages.com/hub/SHIT---3-Main-Categories

1. moonlake profile image81
      moonlakeposted 16 years agoin reply to this

The hub is still there. Gross but I don't know if the hub will be taken down because of it. I see no reason for that kind of hub. The person's other hubs are good hubs why ruin it with that one.

2. funride profile image68
    funrideposted 16 years ago

I suppose it is not a pleasant topic for a hub but I donĀ“t think it is a forbidden subject roll.

Why do you want it flagged? Which flag category do you think could be use!?

1. profile image0
      daflaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Well, I saw it and flagged it under 'other' and told them why in comments.

3. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

its not there

1. funride profile image68
      funrideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/hub/SHIT---3-Main-Categories

you just have to fill the * with the missing letters big_smile.

4. Bonnie Ramsey profile image67

Well, if it is gone that quickly, I guess they agreed lol. Good idea to use the other catagory and explain, Dafla. That's one reason that I didn't flag it until I got other opinions as to if and how it should be done. It was pretty tacky if you ask me. I like the respectability of HP and stuff like that is a bit far fetched I think. IMHO smile

5. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Bonnie,

It's not gone. big_smile

Frankly, I don't see any serious problem with the hub - isn't this a part of our lives, may be less pleasurable usually, but as important as eating? wink

6. Stacie Naczelnik profile image70
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Hm.  It isn't there when I try to look.  Oh well, if it is gross, I guess I don't mind missing out.

7. Bonnie Ramsey profile image67

It tells me the hub doesn't exist. Stacie, be glad you missed it! It was really sickening! LOL

8. Stacie Naczelnik profile image70
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

I am glad.  After the gross eyeball conversation I accidentally had to listen to at work today, I think I've surpassed my grossness level for the year.

9. Bonnie Ramsey profile image67

Misha is correct. He changed the name of it and reposted it. Obviously just another passerby trying to see how gross he can be.

Misha, to answer your question, yes it is a part of our lives. However it is totally disguting what is in that hub. HP is a respectable site and if junk like this is allowed to take over, it won't be for long. THAT is why I wanted the hub flagged.

Bonnie

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think I used to have strong feelings about poops when I was younger, as most teens do, but taking part in caring for my older relatives and my kids eventually made me indifferent to that. It's just natural, you know.

And the guy definitely has a sense of humor - so I personally do not have any problem with the hub and don't mind it being around smile

1. profile image0
        emmabalmerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree. It's funny. I know I joke about gross stuff all of the time, especially in my profession smile

10. writewanda profile image58
    writewandaposted 16 years ago

Okay Bonnie.... I AM JUST SO CURIOUS!!! I don't wanna see the gross stuff by going under it but gotta know what is soo bad that the other hubbers won't say what it is about! IS IT ABOUT POO-POO Bonnie? If you can't answer hear... drop me a line.

PS Great comments given on my hub. I have more CHALLENGING ones coming up!

11. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 16 years ago

It's still there.  Just replace the "**" in the URL Misha posted with "hi".

1. writewanda profile image58
      writewandaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Well, "HI" right back at ya Maddie!??...... Joking.... I was joking.  I just glanced over the URL the first time, thanks.  I can't even watch the first Jackass with out gagging... good call.

12. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Hi Emma smile

Did not see you on forums for a while. But I keep reading your hubs wink Everything ok?

13. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

I'm more offended by a couple of misspelled words :lol

14. rockinjoe profile image87
    rockinjoeposted 16 years ago

I'm glad it was flagged. Everyone knows Hubbers don't poop or fart. smile

15. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

LOL

16. Marco_Man profile image59
    Marco_Manposted 16 years ago

To all that has been offended,

I will be removing this hub only because I do not want any children reading it, I merely posted this hub for entertaining purposes.

Bonnie, my apologies....

For those of you that weren't offended, I'm glad you got a laugh out of it, sorry for the mis-spelled words. Again, its only for entertaining purposes.....

My Apologies to All,

Marco_Man

17. elisabeth reid profile image67
    elisabeth reidposted 16 years ago

I didn't find it offensive -- handled with humor and a little bit of an edge.  And the title makes it very obvious what the hub is about -- if the title offends, then it's something to avoid.  And at least there weren't any photos.

big_smile

18. Marco_Man profile image59
    Marco_Manposted 16 years ago

The hub will gone in 2 days....

19. HubPages profile imageSTAFF
    HubPagesposted 16 years ago

Marco Man,

You might want to simply Unpublish it instead of Deleting it (there's still time to do that). It won't be visible to other people, but if you find somewhere else that you'd like to share it (like in an email to friends), you'll still have it accessible. It's up to you.

- Jason @ HubPages

1. Marco_Man profile image59
      Marco_Manposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jason,

I've tried locating as to how to unpublish this, where might I find how to? I've kept it as deleted.
      Jason, my apologies.

20. HubPages profile imageSTAFF

No worries.

Open the Hub and Edit it. Click the Undelete button. Check the status. If it says Not Published, you're fine. If it says Published, then Edit it again and click the Unpublish button.

- Jason

1. Marco_Man profile image59
      Marco_Manposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jason,

This hub is deleted and unpublished now, how is it possible that my views continue to increase?

21. Bonnie Ramsey profile image67

Marco,

I appreciate your apology and it is accepted. I am all for a sense of humor and although this is just one hub, just imagine the kind of reputation HP would get if we started getting bombarded with these types of posts. It isn't so much the one hub, although I would definitely hate for a child to come across it. I am thinking in the wide range of it. I hope you can nderstand where I am coming from with my position. I, for one, would feel more comfortable promoting HP to my business people if it has the reputation of dignity that it now has. Thanks again for your apology and I am sure we all look forward to reading your hubs in the future.

Bonnie

22. HubPages profile imageSTAFF

Each time you edit it, change status and relook at it, that's a pageview.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)