Who are the Chosen People?

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (69 posts)
  1. bennyjet profile image61
    bennyjetposted 14 years ago

Who are the chosen people..whom are going to the promised land?
    Is it people who belong to a specific church,Religion,Congregation? example Christians? Muslim? if so! how do you know this fact?
    How do Caucasian persons of european descent ( white folk ) feel about Jesus being born in the Middle East! And was a coloured Man! and not  a White coloured person as portrayed by the european based Religous orders! ( no racism intended )
    And how many of you people out there..lost money through the global recession via 'Stock market shares' how many of you cryed when you had excess & abundance to invest in companies.When you should of shared your  excess wealth!instead of worrying about your financial future!

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Religion makes absolutely no difference.All have come from the Light-the promised land and all will eventually go back.I am going home. smile

2. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The people that love-those are the chosen people.

3. fishmox profile image60
      fishmoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I'll be serious here.
      The elect, made up of Jew and Gentile.
      Some say it's "the church", whichever that church is.

Well, I'm not Caucasian so .... but, let me tell you, nah, never mind......

What the dickens ya'll talkin' 'bout, man ?

4. Make  Money profile image67
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice answer for the first part fishmox.  It wouldn't matter to me if Jesus was black, yellow, red or white.  He very well could be coloured.  The oldest image of the Madonna in Poland is coloured.  I didn't have any money to put in the stock market to lose but I see what you are getting at.  In hindsight it would have been better off to share although people in the west have tried to prepare for a better retirement by investing in mutual funds.  A lot of pension plans were invested in mutual funds as well.

5. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1.The chosen people? who do you think they are? 

2. Most people know that Jesus was a Jew and was from the Middle East, however there are people who are in denial of it all, I am certain that you are aware of this. 

3. I didn't lose any money as I was smart enough to not invest, knowing that tragedy was looming on the horizon, since you are asking the question and I am responding did you lose any? 

4. All of my buddies are also entitled to there opinions as every opinion counts and there isn't any right or wrong answer,be diplomatic and not condescending and you may be surprised you may find the answer you are searching for. smile

6. goodfriendiam profile image59
      goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see your anger, and your pain. I'm sorry someone hurt you.

2. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

What the .... ??

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

All your hang ups ....listed in one group comment!

1. profile image0
      Am I dead, yet?posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Touche'

4. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Chosen for what?  You going for a job at Walmart?

1. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMFG lol

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To work at WalMart, you must first pass a drug test.

5. bennyjet profile image61

Answer my questions! those of you who project intelligence! oops sorry those of you who wish to par-take in a comedy show! You have No answers!...or is there someone out there who has knowledge? and wish's to share!

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Answer your own questions!

2. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG.... NaNu NaNu... Is that why you haven't writen a hub yet?  Clearly, you struggle with spelling... perhaps Dyslexic is you?  You require knowledge?  .... What would you do with it?  I suggest you learn the origins of man before you quote to us... May I also suggest a frontal labotomy to help you find a life beyond posts like this. big_smile

6. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Hello Darlink, do you speak a de English?, I do not understand question. If you want chin wax, you come see me darlink. I am chosen person, yes, chosen by big company to construct...no conduct Yoghurt class...so sorry...yoga class. Signed Anna Bimbodumkoff. My Eng-lish not velly good so sorry, ya.

7. bennyjet profile image61

YAWN!!!! you bore me zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OH Kiwi........ You should at least know how to spell your own country.... Hahaha... How sad.. you are dyslexic after all. big_smile

8. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Ha ha ha. You guys sure hate bennyjet. He just asked a question. You either answer or you dont, right. Why run the fella down.

Did you even read the questions fierycj? It is nonsense.

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I gotta admit. But no need to be mean. I think he's a fun guy, kinda.

9. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Hi Fiery... someone once told me the jews used to be god's chosen people I think that might be why Hitler killed them all. Jesus was a jew I think..... now there are no chosen people I don't think.... good question, but can't really help you sorry

10. guidebaba profile image57
    guidebabaposted 14 years ago

roll

http://www.avatarsdb.com/avatars/naughty_little_boy.gif

11. profile image0

what has that guy been drinking he just keeps on and on and on.

1. profile image0
      Am I dead, yet?posted 14 years agoin reply to this

xD = ROFL

2. earnestshub profile image81

It has to be beer Brenda... beer does it well, by anesthetizing the bladder so you can't feel the pressure! smile

1. guidebaba profile image57
        guidebabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AGREE !

12. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

This is just to funny to comment

13. profile image0

BUT COMMENT ANYWAY, GO ON BE FUNNIER

Yeh go for it Dale, you're the man.

14. Dale Nelson profile image38

ok.I have chosen some people.What do i do now.

15. profile image0

tell us who they are come on we cant wait all day.... we need an answer to the question... get the girl beside you to help, she may be a bit quicker on the uptake than you

16. Dale Nelson profile image38

Sorry wifes out back collecting animals 2 by 2.

17. profile image0

so can you manage it on your own then....

18. Dale Nelson profile image38

no.seriously tho.i reckon everyone is right to believe whatever they want.My faith is in my heart,not a building.

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're the man Stan. Agreed. Mine is in my heart. Mind you I was chosen to wash the dishes last night,after the party,grrrr. Was not impressed.!!!!

19. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Don't forget the 144,000 Chosen by Jehova and his wife!! big_smile

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AAAAAAAAAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHHH  holy cow. Thats kinda what I was thinking. Who knows who is chosen for what? ther are like, a million religions!!!
      and wtf does htat have to do with giving up yor surplus money cuz you dont deserve it and all that?
      oh, Jehovah's "bride" is figurative. He didnt really and wont really get married. Its his group of chosen people....duh....(and in this religion, God is male, but not human.and certianly not Alanis Morrisette...)

20. profile image0

who is Jehovah actually married to

21. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Ha.... That's something they never told us about??? smile

22. James S. Thornton profile image60
    James S. Thorntonposted 14 years ago

It must be atheists.

After all, we're all born as one.

So very succinct too!

23. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

>>Who are the chosen people..whom are going to the promised land?

>>Is it people who belong to a specific church,Religion,Congregation? example Christians? Muslim? if so! how do you know this fact?

It is none.  I know because of my learnings.

>>How do Caucasian persons of european descent ( white folk ) feel about Jesus being born in the Middle East! And was a coloured Man! and not  a White coloured person as portrayed by the european based Religous orders! ( no racism intended )

I feel absolutely jipped let me tell you.  neutral

>>And how many of you people out there..lost money through the global recession via 'Stock market shares' how many of you cryed when you had excess & abundance to invest in companies.When you should of shared your  excess wealth!instead of worrying about your financial future!

I did!  It was horrible!  I had invested a bunch of money, and lost it all, and now I'm broke.  Oh woe and even more woe!

24. jonwenberg profile image61
    jonwenbergposted 14 years ago

hmm. isn't there an old movie where aliens come to receive the chosen ones, but their book of names turns out to be a cook book - for people bbq?

sure you want to be chosen?

25. MBP42 profile image61
    MBP42posted 14 years ago

Christ was a Jew and so whatever color Jews were back then that is the color Jesus would have been. Doesn't matter He is still God incarnate. Who are the chosen people it is the people who choose to follow God.
    ps you sound bitter about money what's up with that?

26. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Lets see here, I was chosen to be my kids mom, my moms daughter, my brothers sisters, my fathers daughter and ahhh I was chosen for my job. Thats all I got for now. lol

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are chosen smile

1. kmackey32 profile image64
        kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know.. lol We are all chosen for something. Whats this dude talkn about...

27. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

many are cold, but few are frozen...

28. bennyjet profile image61

I didnt loose any money...i live for today.

29. profile image57
    untiedshoelaceposted 14 years ago

No one is chosen. We are all called by God. Will you listen? =]

30. kmackey32 profile image64

Oh yea and I was chosen to write here on hubpages. lol Dont forget that one, and to reply to this thread. haha

31. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

This dud has no idea what he is talking about smile

32. kmackey32 profile image64

I know it.

33. profile image52
    janiceamposted 14 years ago

The chosen people are those chosen by God to be kings and priests with Christ in the heavens; i.e. "And you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God and they are to rule as kings over the earth."  Rev 5:6

Those first chosen were Jews and later Greeks and other nationalities.  There was to be no distinction between them as they were all considered brothers or adopted as sons of God.  The main factor is that they were sons of Abraham according to the faith of Abraham and therefore being Jews by birth did not necessarily include one as among those chosen to serve with Christ. Romans Chapter 10, 8:14 

The kings and priests would be ruling a kingdom or government that would restore peace to earth in the future.  Hence Jesus is given the title "Prince of Peace"  Isaiah 9:6

Contrary to common thought that all people go to heaven, most of mankind will reside on earth and the Bible speaks of a resurrection of the dead during the thousand year kingdom of Jesus Christ's rule.  Acts 24:15  Those will be judged according to their works during that time and at the end of the thousand years a final judgment takes place along with the destruction of all evil forces.

At least this is my summation according to what I've studied.  Let me know if you need anymore information on this subject or others.

Janice

1. profile image52
      janiceamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Also regarding Jehovah's wife, Jehovah spoke of Israel as a wife to him by reason of his covenant with them.  The apostle Paul speaks of Jehovah as the Father of spirit-begotten Christians and of the "Jerusalem above" as their mother, as though Jehovah is married to her for the purpose of bringing forth spirit-begotten Christians.  The Christian congregation is also spoken of as the bride or wife of Jesus Christ.  Eph. 5:23, 25; Rev. 19:7; 21:2,9.

The Bible uses symbolic meanings and riddles to express deeper thoughts for inquisitive minds that seek knowledge and understanding.  And thank you for your questions.

Janice

34. RooBee profile image81
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

I second what goodfriendiam said. Also, if you want to come into a forum challenging the intelligence of others, you may want to write a hub first to give yourself a bit of credibility in this arena.
    EDIT-Doesn't matter if you are the alter-ego of an established hubber, either. In fact, that may be even worse! big_smile

35. Ambition profile image60
    Ambitionposted 14 years ago

hey benny, i know what you are talking about. Only a living spiritual guru can take your journey to that God's island where there is only peace and love. He will tell you some mantra to repeat and will tell you how to meditate. You cannot find gurus in churches, temples or mosques. you need to discover him. May be through God's desire you will meet your guru somewhere. Just keep trying. contact me if you want some more personal details.

36. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

uuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

means I don't know. lol

37. mayhmong profile image75
    mayhmongposted 14 years ago

You are the chosen one! May the force be with you!

38. profile image52

Correct, only a few are chosen to be rulers with Christ in the heavens.  There is a scripture that says the spirit bears witness to those that are chosen.  I however have no desire to be a king or priest in the heavens so I guess the spirit isn't moving me.  (smile) Psalms also indicates there will be princes appointed in the earth at Psalm 45:16 - "In place of your forefathers there will come to be your sons, Whom you will appoint as princes in all the earth."  These are possibly human rulers.

We can all have hope and desire concerning the prophecy at Psalms 37:29, "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it."  Considering the world at this point in time, we definitely need a new world and Savior.

39. profile image52

In response, the paying of tithes or giving of a tenth in contributions was part of the Mosaic Law Covenant given only to the Israelites for that period of time as well as laws regarding sacrifice, etc.  Jesus fulfilled the requirements of the law for everyone.  Therefore we are not obligated to keep these ancient laws.  It is still best to always give your best or what you can whether financial or in service to others and to God first.  We still however follow the principles of the Mosiac law which are restated in the New Testament against fornication, adultery, thieves, murderers, drunkards, idolaters, extortioners, etc. These shall not inherit the kingdom or everlasting life.  1 Cor 6:9, 10; Luke 10:25-28 

As Jesus stated "You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.  This is the greatest and first commandment.  The second, like it, is this, You must love your neighbor as yourself.  On these two commandments the whole Law hangs and the Prophets."  Matt 22:37-40

The Bible also mentions that "God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth."  John 4:24  Spirits are neither male nor female and do not marry as Jesus brought out.  However we generally think of them in a masculine sense.

1. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As Jesus stated "You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.  This is the greatest and first commandment.  The second, like it, is this, You must love your neighbor as yourself.  On these two commandments the whole Law hangs and the Prophets."  Matt 22:37-40

I agree with this, however, I believe it's dangerous to translate biblical text literally. For example, those who show love through their actions, whether they believe in God or not, are exhibiting their love for love itself which I define as God so you can say that they love God himself without defining him. At least that's my opinion, I'm not meaning to dismiss yours just giving mine.

40. bennyjet profile image61

Janiceam...thanks very much for your informative post,It is much appreciated.It is good that you have this knowledge to share.Is this because you study the BiBle? or just parts of the BiBle that you like to read & interest you? why i ask is...I myself find the BiBle hard to Digest ( informatively )

1. goodfriendiam profile image59
      goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't read the bible no more, but I can tell you this, The new earth is  already here and Jesus already returned. He came, he conquered, he died, but now he is alive once more. The bible is made up of some facts. and some imagination. It is not all true. Even in the bible it says to divide the word rightly. That means to divide truth from false.

41. Osa Osazuwa-Tosan profile image61
    Osa Osazuwa-Tosanposted 14 years ago

1. God's chosen people are those who live their lives for Him. For God created all mankind for His own will and purpose (Revelation 4:11).

Follow this up with man's history with God from Genesis to Revelation. Note how God restored mankind back to Himself through the advent of Jesus Christ on earth. The free Gift of Salvation which this gives to man indicates that as many as believe and receive Him and live to Him in the spirit of God's grace of free righteousness for man are His people:

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name" (John 1:12).

2. It does not matter to God how any people feel about His sending Jesus Christ through any part of the earth to the world. He could have sent Him through Europe. That is left to Him, and cannot be questioned. See Romans 11:33-34. God sees all of mankind as one. Hence His only requirement for salvation and fellowship with any man, whether red, yellow, blue or orange, European or Asian, is to believe and receive His grace and live accordingly. "God is no respecter of persons."

3. Let your treasure be in your creator and not in things, so you'll not be broken hearted at any event, for where your treasure is there will your heart be also.

Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all other things will be added to you.

God bless all who love!

42. profile image52

Hi Benny,

You are most welcome.  We have a grand opportunity to address all those inquiring about God and God expects us to do our best to represent him just as Jesus did. 

I do study the Bible continuously and read 3 to 5 chapters a day.  You can understand the Bible as well for the most part.  It is literal and illustrative in many ways.  For example, Jesus speaks of the valley of Gehenna where dead bodies were burned during ancient times.  Jesus was using this parable as an illustration to make certain points.  However, the religions use it to portray a hellfire where souls burn forever.  The Bible says the soul dies and no where does it say the soul is immortal.  Only the chosen ones that rule with Christ in the heavens are given immortality.  Even the angels do not have immortality but their continued existence depends upon their obedience.

The Bible also says Hades or Hell is thrown into a lake of fire in Revelation, meaning death will be destroyed forever.  The wild beast in Revelation is not a literal wild beast but represents governments on earth that are also thrown into the lake of fire or destroyed.  God's kingdom or government will then restore peace on earth. 

Many people feel God's kingdom is not real or is in your heart.  However, God's word promises He has appointed a king or ruler to do what no man-made rulership has been able to accomplish.  Jesus said before this kingdom is established there would be a global warning which is recorded at Matthew 24:14:  "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

These are my thoughts . . . I welcome yours as well.

43. profile image52

I'm not sure if I answered this previously, but there is no pure race of people and therefore Jesus not only Jewish but a descendant of many races of people.  King David, Jesus' ancestor was married to an Egyptian princess, the daughter of a Pharaoh.  Moses was possible married to a woman of African descent.  King Solomon married many women of many nationalities and races.  Ancestresses of Jesus included Rahab, a Canaanite and former prostitute who became a worshiper of Jehovah, and Ruth a Moabitess. 

Jacob and Rebecca were originally Syrian people or lived in that region.  Jacob's name was changed to Israel and his descendants later became known as Hebrews or Jews. 

i.e "My father was a perishing Syrian; and he proceeded to go down to Egypt and to reside there as an alien with very few in number; but there he became a great nation, mighty and numerous."  Deu26:5

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)