Another stolen hub, that now makes six.

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (28 posts)
  1. sallybea profile image94
    sallybeaposted 9 years ago

These people are really clever and are probably making more money than the whole lot of us put together.  This guy has published over 250 of our hubs this year, all stolen from us hard working people.. He is even on Google+ and has had far move views than we can probably  ever hope to receive.  No wonder I am not feeling inclined at the moment to give him or anyone else some free material.  Am I a mug or what?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

For all you know they may just be doing it for fun - or dare - and making no money.

sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I do hope you are right but the way I see it, if they can replicate all of our hubs so easily, instead of spending hours writing them from scratch, they must be onto a good wicket.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
          The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If I am right it probably means they are hackers, or up that alley, and will keep doing it.

2. Alastar Packer profile image70
        Alastar Packerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's true, Examiner. One buffoon from Russia stole hundreds of hubs, with no monetization and no links except to other stolen articles. Team HP got this character into their database real quick and the German hosting co. was great in taking him down almost overnight -- with anyone who files a dmca that is. The real problem was his stolen crap replacing the originals on the first page with this new Panda update. So far most of my stolen stuff (9 articles) have not returned to their former rankings even with his now 404ed for 2 weeks or so. Time will tell suppose.

2. RachaelOhalloran profile image82
      RachaelOhalloranposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Please state the url with the word DOT in it so it isn't a live link. This way we can all check to see if any of our work is on the site. Thank you

http://zareefmuslim.blo gspot.co.uk/2014/01/hat-on-ball-wet-felting-tutorial-for.html where you will find the hubs which have stolen from writers on HubPages on the right hand side.  I have added an extra space in the word blog.

1. RachaelOhalloran profile image82

Thank you Sally.

There are two sites exactly the same with different Google account names on the blogs. To post the sites so others can view them, spaces aren't enough because some part of the link remains live.  Try to replace "slash" with / and dot with . with spaces to keep the links from going live. The sites get enough views without us giving them more.

I looked at the site your gave and found that

http: slash slash zareefmuslim dot blogspot dot co dot uk
          is a copy of
          http: slashslash actionmovienovember2013lovein dot blogspot dot com

Both are Blogspot sites (Blogger) which are owned by Google. Report to Google and they will be taken down. I have a program that disables ads on sites I visit, so if they have ads, I can't see them.  If they have Adsense, they will lose their Adsense accounts.

If you have had so many hubs stolen by this person, and you have reported each one and the site is still live and stealing, perhaps you need a little more help from other hubbers who have had their articles stolen and posted there. 

If they will join in and notify Google of their stolen content, these sites can be gone in 24 hours.

I didn't go through the whole list of posts, just some of them.  In an effort to help notify other hubbers who have articles there, here are some of their names in no particular order:
          ChristinS
          JayeWisdom
          PWalker281
          Miss Olive - multiple hubs stolen
          AliciaC - multiple hubs stolen
          randomcreative -multiple hubs stolen
          MakinBacon - multiple hubs stolen
          humanitiesmentor - multiple hubs stolen
          Philanthropy2012
          Brittanie2216
          Felisa Daskeo
          viewfinders
          Ethan Green
          klanguedoc
          healthylife2
          Theophanes
          Jamie Brock
          yougotme
          MattTilghman
          nehanatu86
          Rosie2010
          wymyczak66 

When a site has been taken down, go to URL removal tool and enter the URL to get it taken out of the search results. 

This site
          www dot travelblog dot org slash Africa slash  blog-818385.html

appears before your hub in search results

http://sallybea.hubpages.com/hub/Hat-on … r-Children

You never want to leave the bad guy's link live. I left your site live because it is ok with us if your site gets more traffic. lol

Your article should be in a higher position in the search results than it is now because of defunct URL's. 

Even though travelblog dot org was taken down in January 2014, it is still in search results and in the first position.   

You can't rely on Google to remove URL's in a timely fashion because there are millions they have to sift through to remove. Since January 2014 - that is how long it is taking Google to NOT remove it.

Notice to all readers:
          Always submit a site for URL removal after you have succeeded in taking it down because Google is in no hurry to do it and the site will remain in search results until it is removed. 

As soon as you notice the sites have been taken down, submit the URL. Especially if their site appears before yours in the list - which means they got your traffic.

Go to:
          https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals

Enter their URL to be removed, and your site will move up the list of results usually within 24 hours.

Hello Rachel,

That is very helpful for all hub writers.   I do wish I understood just how the whole process works properly.  It is always a problem when you are self taught like myself and don't always understand the terminology used over the internet to describe certain aspects of how things work,  in simple straight forward English.
            I sure could do with some help getting rid of this guy and his stolen hubs.  None of the DMCA's I have filed so far have proved successful as far as I can see. 
            I would love to see someone write a Hub with a step by step guide to exactly how to proceed with filing the various DMCA's  because I for one certainly could do with one.  Even the stuff on the learning center is as far as I can see inadequate.
            Two of the stolen hugs are from a Japanese site and I have had no joy with those either.
            I keep on asking myself whether it is worth all the bother for the minimal earnings one earns on a site which does not have systems in place which will help protect writers better.

Thank you very much,

Sally

Only those who have had hubs stolen from those two sites can file the following form:

Go to this link to file copyright infringement:
              https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … &pid=0
              List all your hubs that are on the one site.
              Fill out a new form for any other site who stole your hubs.

Hubpages put this in their Learning Center for step by step on how to fill out that form if you need more help.
              http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

I have linked some of my hubs to 'wilderness' because he wrote excellent tutorials for DMCA removal.

Here is one but it is a little tecky but he made it easy..
              http://hubpages.com/hub/Copying-Article … nt-Removed

Rachel, thank you very much for the links, I am definitely going to be doing some homework in the next few hours.  The Hub written by wilderness is excellent.

Sally

you are welcome.
                  If you need more help, I'll be around most of this weekend if you would like me to offer assistance. Message me (via fan mail) and I'll get back to you within 4 hours.

I've filed over 200 DMCA this year so far and only 11 have been unsuccessful. I'm still working on those because they are Asian and Russian countries who  refuse to acknowledge my messages to the hosts.
                  After I got the others taken down, Google was sluggish to remove, so I put them all in for URL removal so the hubs would move up the list on search results.

Hang in there, you can do it too.

Good Luck.

Rachel,

That is very sweet of you, thank you. I will see how I get on and come back via fan mail when I am able to.  I just downloaded the PlagSpotter which was suggested below and guess what, as predicted I found several copies and also bits and pieces of the 1st Hub I put in.  I think I might be busy for a longtime to come.

Sally

2. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 9 years ago

How nauseating to think that scrapers, hackers, layabouts and thieves can copy our material then sit back and reap the benefits. It's enough to make me want to believe in Internet Karma.
    I totally understand your position. I'm sorry for you and all the others who have had material stolen or copied (including myself!) but according to all the techno geeks there is just no way of preventing it. We can only use deterrents. I hope HP can help but they seem adamant - there's little anyone can do except gripe, complain and file DMCAs etc etc.
    I can only urge you to continue writing.
    I write hubs because I love to write and will continue churning them out in the hope that they won't get copied.

3. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

You can always get a lovely sense of satisfaction and revenge by reporting them to Adsense, safe in the knowledge that it would be quite difficult for them to get another Adsense account....

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

For what its worth, awhile back someone copied one of my hubs...it was the worst performer I had!  So the laugh was on him!

1. Suzanne Day profile image93
        Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's why you never put your best performing hubs in that profile feature box. It tells people "steal this one". Put the ones that need some help instead.

4. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 9 years ago

Do not worry miss Suzane Day. The computer's data  save your hard work.  Hub pages know which hub is the original. The hubs looks similar, but they do not have the same content.  You need to create hubs that are difficult to copy. If you do not want to be copy. Good luck with your writing.

5. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 9 years ago

Be proud. Your work most be really good if some one  is making a copy.

6. Faith Reaper profile image82
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

Sally, I am so sorry your hubs keep getting stolen.  It seems this Internet stuff is really wide-open to thieves and fraud, and it does not seem there is any real way of preventing words from being copied.  There is no way to prevent anyone from printing off the hubs and then just rewriting them elsewhere.  I remember when I found out from another hubber that one of my hubs was stolen.  I felt violated or something, just a terrible feeling.

7. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 9 years ago

If you use Google Chrome, download the extension called "PlagSpotter" .... it can check for duplicte content elsewhere on the internet in a flash

1. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is so good to know!  Thanks!

8. Alphadogg16 profile image85
    Alphadogg16posted 9 years ago

Thank you Kathleen, I was unaware of that extension & I'm going to download it immediately. I have recently had a huge problem with copied content.

9. Lesa Densmore profile image72
    Lesa Densmoreposted 9 years ago

That's awful!  Is there some way you can report this guy?

read my comment above

10. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 9 years ago

Suzanne Day has a good post
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/122095

Excellent, thanks very much.  Suzanne is brilliant.

1. Suzanne Day profile image93
        Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I bask in the light of your compliments! Now I just have to find time to write some more hubs...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)