What is your favorite thing about hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (68 posts)
  1. goodfriendiam profile image59
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

What is your favorite thing about hub pages? Mine is all the diverse people, from every walk of life, from different beliefs, to no beliefs, That we all come together here, regardless of how we were brought up to believe about our neighbors, and about our enemies. Thank you all, for being in my life. For I don't have to physically meet you, for you are only a breath away.

1. Mobile Phones profile image57
      Mobile Phonesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are beautiful ladies out here.

2. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Everyone I have made friends with..

3. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 14 years ago

There are many things about HP that I like. One of them is the atheists' forum. It is like an internal combustion engine! Watching from far is certainly no health hazard! Occasionally you should just put your left toe in with utmost caution and be alert enough to withdraw at the slightest suggestion of danger!!! lol lol lol

4. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

All the diverse people I have met and the friends I have made.

5. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Honestly? The atmosphere and the people and I adore my fans. smile

1. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

And we adore you too smile

6. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I love our HP team. They set us up to shine more than we already do and savvy biz skills to sell HP and yes, I adore my fantastic fans too big_smile

7. goodfriendiam profile image59

I'm still so new at this, hubbing thing. That this is my first forum post, and I had no clue that I was even suppose to choose a category. But thanks for all the reply s.

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol I was wondering about the "religion"...
      I like that mostly nobody makes you feel stupid for little mistakes, and that so many people write so honestly, and all the crazy/sad/funny/knowledgable/patient/hot headed hubs!! I love the huge variety and all the similarites.

1. goodfriendiam profile image59
        goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! Me too. I am so thankful for all you crazy, sane, funny, emotional, beings!!!!...lol

8. Mac Mission profile image60
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

Easy posting, money making facility, forums, questions, many more how about the looks? love it

9. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Well written hubs that have a variety from humor to education.  I feel I'm making new acquaintances in the Forums & hope to develop some friendships here.  The best part is I can write as myself & be myself - and no one seems to mind! smile

10. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

yeah i like it too when you can really make a fool of yourself sometimes..... like nearly have a nervous breakdown on here and all you get is support....

There are some lovely people on here, it is a great community

11. janni321 profile image59
    janni321posted 14 years ago

some perfectly imperfect people round here on HP and I like them because I am also imperfect

1. profile image49

I am also imperfect, I think that's why I like you smile

1. janni321 profile image59
        janni321posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love you captain wink

1. profile image49

Love you too man, but only Friday nights yeah smile

anytime you feel comfortable wink

1. profile image49

That's my boy, jeeeez I just love this guy smile

12. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I love the community.  I love the forums.  I love the intellegent conversation and the support of fellow hubbers.  I like to be able to read about, pretty much, any subject right here.

13. janni321 profile image59
    janni321posted 14 years ago

thanks captain

14. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Are you guys gonna get a room or what? wink

join us Cole wink you'd love it

2. profile image49

Not at the beach tonight Cole, and me pay for a room, get real I am an out in the open air sort of guy smile

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Than the beach sounds like a good option. It's only 2 o'clock. I'm "studying" right now, but there is still time!

1. profile image49

I was going to say how can you study and type on hubs but then remembered you are a woman lol. Tis 7pm here and am chilling after a hard days bluffing. I might actually write that Shergar Hub later as have damn all else to do and I kinda fancy writing something or maybe I will keep it for Fridays 30 day challenge.

Anyways hows you moi friend ??

15. Colebabie profile image60

Oh yes I am the queen of multitasking. Typing, studying, listening to music, and watching the ducks in the pond. I'm good, studying for my entrance exam. Dreading fall classes in a month. And you?

1. profile image49

Well I was to be at my sisters tonight but her friend took a heart attack. I have no TV as its in getting fixed, so am lying on my couch typing on my laptop and wondering what movie to watch on my laptop.

And a friend brought me a bottle of red wine back from holiday and my eyes are in a trance mentally uncorking it, kinda like undressing a woman ya know, course ya do. Jeeez look what ya have done Cole, totally exposed my boring life, I have no ship, I am no Captain, I am exposed !!!

Tis ok, pulled my zip up, problem over smile

16. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

You became boring when you left the ship Captain, your outfit is ironed and awaits your return from shore leave !

17. Colebabie profile image60

Sorry to hear about your sister's friend. I go to the bookstore when I have down time (rare, but it happens), it is the best people watching. Try moving around to the different sections.  Or a movie works. The only thing I can do by itself is read though. I think I have a mild case of ADD, if a movie is on I usually do something else at the same time.

Do something that will get you outta the red wine mood. How would I know about that trance? Oh yes I mentally undress women all the time? Don't worry about being exposed. I never do smile

1. profile image49
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can see me mentally undressing you though, who is the chick Captain. Deff Cabin Girl  material for sure smile

2. profile image49

I didnt mean you mentally undressing women or being in a red wine trance Cole. I read profiles, yours states you work as a waitress so I was of the assumption you often get leered at. That is the one thing I hate about the written word, the numerous meanings it can have.

18. Wayne Orvisburg profile image63
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

I am new here and so far, it has been the ease of which I have been able to set everything up.  I've never blogged or anything before and I'm still trying to discover my topics, but I have totally enjoyed it so far!

19. Colebabie profile image60

I'm just being silly. I've mentally undressed guys before, so in a way I understand. And yes I'm a waitress and I work in health promotions smile

1. profile image49

I know, I read that as well lol, I am a nosey git. I used to have 3 jobs before I got seperated twas a pain in the butt. So how does a beach chick go swimming, studies, works in a bar, then hey get some health shit done.

Cole you deff must be fitter than ya look, just thinking about it has made me tired smile

Just curious, do you just mentally undress the bottom half, guess thats were we have it made, we get two halfs just like a soccer match, kinda like that comparison to soccer because you actually try to score as well !!

1. Colebabie profile image60

I'm pretty organized. I work at my university in health promotions 20 hours a week, at the restaurant 2 shifts/week (~12 hours) take usually 4 classes, dates twice a week, and then everything else is study/free time. I make it work smile And I mentally undress guys from the top down. Depends on how tall the guy is. I'm fairly short (5'4) so I might just be in better eyesight of the bottom half, but usually: Shirt off, pants unbuttoned etc. Both halves matter smile

1. profile image49

Sorry for being rude Cole, you deff have my admiration for putting in all that work. but hard work pays off eventually and it will for you, that I am sure of smile

20. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Everything!

BTW why is this in religion???

1. profile image49

Why who are you, the Religion Police ?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Careful........

Cats

1. profile image49

Meoooowww, alright Ron hows you moi friend ?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Just frickin wunderful, thanks so much for asking.  How are things across the pond?

1. profile image49

Bored as hell, tv is in getting fixed and a friend brought me home a bottle of red from holiday and I swear I am deff gonna open the bugger !

2. Colebabie profile image60

Doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe because the only thing we all have in common is The Hubs.

3. profile image0

"I'm still so new at this, hubbing thing. That this is my first forum post, and I had no clue that I was even suppose to choose a category. But thanks for all the reply s."

from page one of the thread.  smile

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Isn't hubpages a religion?

1. profile image49

You were right Captain, that Ron guy is quick off the mark smile

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seems like that... the way we follow Hub Pages, it has to be a religion.

1. k@ri profile image84
          k@riposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nawww, I hate religion...Love God and Love HubPages, though!  big_smile

5. fishmox profile image60
      fishmoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because I guess religion is where everybody hangs out ?  Like, I took a look at the stats and guess which one has the most threads going ?  Right.  Religion.
      729 topics and 37,000-something posts.
      Guess everybody feels "safe" here, you know.

Then, you got politics.

21. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Captain, lose the photo and come back to the ship. The Wild Imagination needs you, now drop the crappy blue shorts and get buttoned up !!

1. profile image0

awwww....I like the shorts!!

1. profile image49

There is a bigger photo of it in my La Pineda hub lol, so hows you tonight ?

1. profile image0

going to read the hub, I missed it before..you have so many!! I am well, how are you? I see CG gets what she wnats!! smile

1. profile image49

We will both have 30 more each starting from Friday and damn right he does what I say, he looked like a wimp in those shorts !

1. profile image0

HAHAHA!! well, good!! Good luck on the hubs. Cant wait to read them!! I only have one new one so far..Ive been reallllly busy.

1. profile image49

Just finished reading it, totally loved it smile

1. profile image0

aw, thanks. I enjoyed reading your vacation too! I will think of a better comment to write tomorrow. almost time for me to go cook some dinner.

1. profile image49

And I am off to watch a dvd and sprawl out, catch you tomorrow, and dont work too hard !

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Your thong has a run in it.  Been playing with kitties?

2. profile image49

I am good, I see you have written a new Hub, methinks I shall go read it !

22. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Everything!

23. BrianFanslau profile image59
    BrianFanslauposted 14 years ago

My favorite thing is the easy use and the great incorporation of community in writing these and any article brings about

24. goodfriendiam profile image59

Hey just posted a new forum. If you could make love any where. Where would it be? And I posted it in health because after all it is good for your health..lol

25. entranceexams profile image58
    entranceexamsposted 13 years ago

I saw your hub page and your hub page,s text and Imagess was very accurate.Gyantonic provides
    Career Guidance, Entrance Exams, Study Abroad, Top Management Colleges, Group Discussion,
    Interview Tips, Industrial Training, MBA Entrance Exams related assistance to students.
    <b><a href="http://www.gyantonic.com/">entrance exams</a></b>

26. elayne001 profile image78
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

I usually get a chuckle or two every time I sing on - either in the forums or reading a funny hub - I also get educated on topics I never knew about - HP is very inspirational in many ways.

27. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

The support that many of the Huber’s bring. I feel like no matter what I have done in my past or what I have experienced, suffered through, laughed at, been stuck on, or cried for---I am not alone, and that there are people that are happy that I am who I am and that I think the way that I think, and write what I write. They do not pass judgment; they simply support and encourage you to continue to strive to become the best version of who you are. That is what I feel is the best of the magic that is to be discovered here. The great writers, laughs, and knowledge are the icing on the cake.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)