Is love word or action

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (47 posts)
  1. freepropertycheck profile image59
    freepropertycheckposted 14 years ago

Is love a feeling that can come and go? What are the degrees of love? When is love enough

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

difficult questions

I will try to answer them all..

Is love a feeling that can come and go? yes it is...but for the same person? I dont know yet. sometimes it is better if you put an end to a love that come and goes,,,,it gives you headache

Degrees of love...difficult question because when I love, I love to the fullest

When is love enough..when you start to love the other one more than yourself...

2. TammyK profile image58
      TammyKposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, it can come and go.  making the statement of a thin line between love and hate true.  to me degrees of love is you like someone first, which might be a must.  and as time goes on depending what both people want, and how you spend your time love can come.  love is enough, when you feel you don't need or want anything or anyone else.

3. mistywild profile image62
      mistywildposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1) No 2) unconditional 3) Never

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

both, although actions are very powerful, and should not contradict your words. (if you say "I love you", for example, they are just empty words unless loving actions accompany them).

5. manatita44 profile image71
      manatita44posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Love is All in All. Day and night the Universe sings and bends in adoration, because of this Force, and the great Seers - men and women of God - swoon and dance in rhapsody because of Its Delight.

It is the same Source or Power which produces the Buddha or Krishna or Christ, which acts in an through the heart of the paramour and his sweetheart. It is all a matter of degrees. Again in its highest form, it is not bound by attachments, bargaining and give and take, like we get in human love.

Finally, you will find it in words, too. How else can the great Ones communicate this Beauty other than to sing for us in psalms, aphorisms, beatitudes, sutras, sloka's and the like?

I bid you much Love today, by Sweet. God speed!

Manatita

6. dashingscorpio profile image79
      dashingscorpioposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Love is an emotion/feeling.

Like all emotions and feelings they can come and go.
      No one feels positive, happy, angry, or sad 24/7. Sometimes you can love a person but feel anger towards them. In other instances people do fall "out of love" breakup or get divorced.
      There are no "guarantees" how you feel about someone today will be the same year or 10 years from now. It's not uncommon to hear someone say I (was) "in love" with him or her.

2. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i just wish i had the answers do you have the answers, tell us if you do

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

Love can come and go. There are countless degrees of love, from loving a peice of cake, or your brother or sister, your best friend or mother, a stranger you never met but see they need help, you love them enough to do something about it, loving a pet or a good book, or the kind of love that makes you wild and crazy, you think you could fly when the one you love is near or stop breathing when they are gone. Love can move mountains or destroy you. To have it last, it is never enough on it own.

4. TINA V profile image69
    TINA Vposted 14 years ago

Love is a magical word that touches the hearts of the world. . .
    Love is learned . . . Nobody loves a person in the same way . . . Love is enough when it is only a one way traffic . . . :-D

5. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

love is both a verb and a words..if you are in love, you can write the best poetry..Love can move mountains....

freepropertycheckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, however when one falls out of love one can write the best music, with the deepest lyrics.

6. spiritactor profile image60
    spiritactorposted 14 years ago

Pure love has no beginning and no end.
    Your perception of love can vacillate as it is acted on with irregularities by your imagination. Also, the perception of love can change according to your present need for love.
    In the purest sense of love, it is grace and giving without expectations. In the romantic sense, love can feel like a roller coaster-- but if there is a purer love embodied within it, the wheels of the coaster never leave the track and the ride never truly ends.

7. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

Love=Value

We "love" things that we value.  It is displayed through actions.  Words are meaningless without action.

freepropertycheckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree /w you,

8. Scott36 profile image61
    Scott36posted 14 years ago

This is simple for me.  Love is all action the word love is simply an identifier

9. Scott36 profile image61
    Scott36posted 14 years ago

Correction Love is more than action its emotion as well

10. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Ture love is when your wife gets up at 4am on a Saturday to go fishing with you. Then the whole day and night are pure majic!

11. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Love is not a feeling. Love is a choice.
    And yes, there are many levels of love.
    The Apostle Paul sums it up in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails......"  (From the NKJV)

12. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Love is not a feeling. Love is a choice.
    And yes, there are many levels of love.
    The Apostle Paul sums it up in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails......"  (From the NKJV)

1. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a great post, though I don't entirely agree that love is a choice. I think you can allow yourself to be open to it, but I think "real" love is something that just happens.

1. Jennifer D. profile image68
        Jennifer D.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that love *is* a choice. It is a choice because it is both feeling (emotion) and action. The act of loving someone is fully your choice; whether or not you want to be sure that they feel the love you are offering. It is not enough to have emotion without action when it comes to love. People want to feel like they matter to someone, and words can be emtpy sounds when a touch or a hug could speak volumes. However, it is one's choice to offer that physical connection. Don't love someone? Don't give them something that speaks love to them. If you do love someone, you make the decision to show it.
        Of course, love can also be a one-way street. I love chocolate, but it doesn't seem to love me back. So I take what I can get, eat all I want, and suffer the consequences knowing that my choice to love it is not returned by the chocolate...otherwise it would not end up on my thighs. smile

13. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

Love is a connection, a bond like none other that is expressed in ways no one outside of that bond can ever understand!

Vonda G. Nelson

14. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years ago

The title of your post hits it perfectly. Love IS an action word. And for any love to be true both parties have to be willing to let go. Which means be honest with your true feelings and wants. Be willing to open your heart to hurt. And be willing and ready to be swept up in the romance - when it's right, it's a fun ride.

15. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

Love is a beautiful illusion... a vibrancy which erects from within our oun person... there are many levels and the more we love ourselves the more we can love others...

unconditiional, reverent love, is my plight.

Love & Light

1. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

erects from where

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
        I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

within... we are not capable of giving that which we do not hold, the paradox is that we are so capable of giving and loving beyond reason... if we believe...I feel anyway  cool

16. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

love is hard work a 24 7 type job

17. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

love is both a word and action

18. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i agree, you love so much don't you..... it bubbles forth

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
      I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0
        Miss Takeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

er how can i help

19. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Married over seventeen years.  I do know this about relationships.  There cannot be a 50/50 relationship.  When in a relationship it must be 100% from both individuals.  There is no "half me half you".  This mindset is yet another example of pride within oneself and must eventually be disolved in order to see the full potential of a relationship.

20. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Love is every thought and every deed.  It is unconditional and with good intent. x

21. profile image0
    philip carey 61posted 14 years ago

Love is the pain that comes from knowing the depth of someone's soul.

22. Aya Katz profile image83
    Aya Katzposted 14 years ago

Love is the label for a feeling. Like all feelings, it is spontaneous and not subject to direct control by the person experiencing it. The person who experiences the feeling is the one who loves. The object of the love may or may not experience anything. May not even exist.

23. BEAUTYBABE profile image69
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

I believe that you can look at this two ways.
    You can love something or someone which is where the meaning of "love" is an intense feeling of deep affection or fondness for a person or a thing, or a great liking for the same.
    or you can be "in love" You have a much deeper feeling of affection, that you can't bear to be away from a person for any length of time. You constantly are thinking about them, what they are doing and everything about them. You give your love to a person unconditionally and without worrying about how they look or anything. Beauty is only skin deep, love comes from within. BB

24. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

Lots of people use the word "unconditional" when defining love, which I find a bit worrying to be honest!  It implies that you should carry on loving someone even when they consistently treat you like rubbish.  I don't buy into that one at all.

To me, love is definitely more about action than words.  If your actions show that you love someone then it has more meaning than just saying "I love you, darling" at regular intervals.  Talk is cheap.

25. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

There are so many kinds of love in my dictionary and have felt many of them.  I don't try to analyze what kind of love it is, just accept it's a form different than the last.  I hope I can experience more in my lifetime, should I be so fortunate big_smile

26. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

blood is thicker than water.

27. profile image0

rock is harder than soap? hmm:

28. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

there are a lot of thing s to consider when it comes to love. you cant be a quitter.you have to take a chance swing for the fences

29. profile image0

It's a word put into action lol

1. Sybil Marie profile image61
      Sybil Marieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are right lyric, love is an action word. There is a quote I heard at an autism conference...
        “Love depends upon the capacity to reach beneath the surface of persons, to feel and touch the seed of life that is hidden there.
      Love becomes a power when it is capable of evoking that seed and drawing it forth from its hiding place”
                                                      Ira Progoff
      I used it to begin one of my hubs. I love this quote.

30. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

you know what i love? ice cream , rib eye steak, the sound of thunder

31. Hanna Bambina profile image60
    Hanna Bambinaposted 14 years ago

Love is definetlynot a word; how many times have you known someone loved you and they didn't tell you?
    The only time I knew someone loved me; was someone who didn't tell me...

32. femguy14 profile image57
    femguy14posted 14 years ago

Love from what i understand it to be is an action. When you are with your significant other yes you do think about the emotional connection and perhaps spiritual connection with that person. You think about how you feel with that person also you think of the what that person does to make you feel the way that you do. The actions that that person does to make you feel the way that you do. They say that love can make a person do crazy things. Love is a force far greater then any other and it moves us to unexplained things. Love makes us act diferently then we usally would. love drives us to see the good in people were as others would see the ills in that person. I conclude that love is both an action and a feeling.

33. realtalk247 profile image77
    realtalk247posted 9 years ago

Love is more than a word.  Love is something you do not something you say.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)