Met my hub quota!

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (47 posts)
  1. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I had deleted most of my hubs 2 years ago and then stopped writing for a year.  I was hoping to at least have 50 hubs by the end of they year.  I met the 50 mark today.

1. goatfury profile image91
      goatfuryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Linda!  When did you join Hubpages?

I'm at 44 right now.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image61
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I, also, published 50 Hubs in 1 year.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image59
        LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

So are you going to do another 50 in one year Examiner?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61

I might, I do not know if I will make it. Perhaps I will try for it.

3. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats for your achievement. I have only 11 hubs in six months period and I can maintain the same pace ie. 2 hubs per month.

1. MarieLB profile image75
        MarieLBposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So good to hear of others who rise up to higher achievements like #Glenda Motsavage,[Congratulations Glenda ] but then there are those who like you #Venkatachari are happier with going at their own leisurely pace.

The beauty of Hubpages is that  it accommodates all of us, despite the differences.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
          Venkatachari Mposted 9 years agoin reply to this

True. It is great quality of hubpages and I love it.

2. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!

3. LindaSmith1 profile image59

3 years ago goatfury.

That's awesome.  Can I ask how many total views you're up to?  I'm still relatively new here (late July), but I do have 44 articles, and I'd like to hit 50 by the end of this month, if possible.

4. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image90
    Teeuwynn Woodruffposted 9 years ago

Wow! Great job, Linda! I'm at 26.

5. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

I had the same goal: 50 by the end of the year. I hit 50 last week. All featured for the moment!

50 more by the end of 2015? It could happen...

6. Mark Ewbie profile image80
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

Well done and I have a similar target.  Am on 70 hubs at the moment.  Aiming for 50.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image59

You  will do it Mark.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image59

goatfury: My views are low, less than 10,000.

Gotcha.  That's awesome that you made the goal, though!  Maybe you can work on driving traffic to them now.  Awesome to make goals like that.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image59

I need to start focusing more on SEO now.

1. neosurk profile image88
      neosurkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Linda! I had a 50 lens target on Squidoo in late 2012 and I had up to 43 lenses. Unfortunately, Squidoo's filters kept locking this and locking that, and I just did not have hands beyond updating the old ones. I will try to reach 30 by the end of the year though! smile

As per SEO is concerned, I have found that updating your titles with numbers give you some pretty good attention and will keep the title unique and free from competition. For example,
      7 Kitchen Tools Every Kitchen Need
      10 Must Need Tools for Your Home
      7 Cool Crafts Ideas for the Family

All the best and I wish for your success!

10. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

Congratulations, Linda. It is so good to set goals and even better when you meet them. Good for you. Keep on keeping on.

11. tazzytamar profile image85
    tazzytamarposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!! I'm still polishing old hubs which sorely need updating! Well done on meeting your target - it's always a good feeling! smile

12. lisavanvorst profile image64
    lisavanvorstposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! keep on writing.

13. MetroidFan89 profile image69
    MetroidFan89posted 9 years ago

Major congrats! Keep up the good work with your hubs.

14. MarieLB profile image75
    MarieLBposted 9 years ago

Congrats to you #LindaSmith and to you #The Examiner-1.
    So good to hear good news.

15. profile image0
    abrodechposted 9 years ago

congrats!

16. dwelburn profile image91
    dwelburnposted 9 years ago

Well done; 50 quality hubs in a year is good going.

17. LindaSmith1 profile image59

I already had hubs but deleted most of them 2 years ago.  I left a few here. In past few months I have done around 30 hubs bringing hub count up to 50.

Now I need to go back and work on some of them, and do some SEO.

18. The Examiner-1 profile image61
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

Thank you all. :-)

19. Irie and Bella profile image59
    Irie and Bellaposted 9 years ago

Congrats!!! I am a squidoo(er) so I have quite a few hubs to write... all the same 50 is impressive.  How are your earnings?

20. LindaSmith1 profile image59

Irie and Bella- My min pin Lucy says Hi!   Earnings, LOL!  My new hubs are only a couple of months old at best.  Some are days old.  I started getting sales in past few months.  Actually, nothing to brag about but earnings have tripled from what they were almost a year ago. Now that I have more hubs, I am curious to see what happens with earnings that are pocket change right now.

21. profile image0
    ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 9 years ago

Cool beans!  I've been trying very hard to keep up with the amount of hubs that I am wanting to write.  It seems I get more ideas than I have time.  I'm glad you came back to Hubpages because I think it's a very good place for writing.

22. LindaSmith1 profile image59

Shirley: Make a list of ideas before you forget, then do them when time allows.  I wish I kept a pad near me. I have forgotten ideas that popped in my head while watching TV.

Linda,
      I keep a notepad solely for HP and list my ideas for Hubs.

2. profile image0
      ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think I shall do this.  It sure would make it easier.  I'll be doing the grocery shopping, or even sitting in church, and have an idea and then by the time I get home I forget the idea.  Or I'll be working on one hub and have an idea for a second one similar in nation; but, somehow, when I sit down to start it, I lose my thoughts completely.

23. LindaSmith1 profile image59

The Examiner: I should keep one on the coffee table.

Linda,
      As long as you feel like going to it when you have ideas, otherwise you should keep it with you.

24. LindaSmith1 profile image59

thanks neosurk!  Yep those Squidoo filters didn't give you time to write because you were always fighting the filters, locked lenses, etc.  That was a bad joke!!!

I want to go back through them and see where numbers fit or make some changes so that numbers do fit.

25. DreamingBoomer profile image79
    DreamingBoomerposted 9 years ago

That's awesome, Linda!  Kudos to you!

26. goatfury profile image91
    goatfuryposted 9 years ago

Side note/observation:  this community is very encouraging and awesome.

27. honghanhvt1182 profile image93
    honghanhvt1182posted 9 years ago

Congratulations! Wow, I wonder when I will reach that milestone!

28. Glenda Motsavage profile image69
    Glenda Motsavageposted 9 years ago

Congratulations Linda!  You've challenged me to set some Hub goals.  I usually just write "as the spirit moves me!"  But, then my hubby's wise words seem to haunt me…  "Aim at nothing, and you'll reach it every time!"  Okay, I'm going on the record -  5 more by the end of the year!

29. Hendrika profile image68
    Hendrikaposted 9 years ago

Congratulations, I find I am very slow and take ages with my researched so I have real admiration for all of you that can work at a fast pace

30. Maggie.L profile image84
    Maggie.Lposted 9 years ago

Congratulations Linda. That's an impressive amount of work. I still can' t seem to manage to complete more than 2 hubs a month. A combination of being a slow worker and having too many other commitments. Maybe one day...

31. Thish profile image80
    Thishposted 9 years ago

Congratulations Linda. I am just a new hubber. but these messages makes me encouraging and feel awesome to engage with this community.
    I am planning to write 1 hub per week. So i could end up having 20 hubs by the end of 2014 and reach 50 hubs by May 2015.
    I have no earning targets yet and hopefully i will get some in the long run.

32. Pollyanna Jones profile image95
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 9 years ago

Well done! It must be a great feeling. I too am trying to write 1 hub a week; so far it's going okay (some weeks are more hectic than others), but if I pace myself and stagger the publishing of hubs, it really is doable. I'm enjoying it a lot, and since joining in August am so pleased I signed up to HubPages.

33. GlennaJones profile image60
    GlennaJonesposted 9 years ago

At one point I had 50 lenses on Squidoo but then life happened and more and more of them got set aside for one reason or another.  Now that I have transferred to Hubpages, I am updating what has published so that they are better than they originally were and have a goal to get the rest either deleted or updated by the end of November.  I can't just delete them because some of them have nuggets that will spin off into new hubs.  All in all, this has been a good change for me.  :0)

34. LindaSmith1 profile image59

GlennaJones:  I will be going through my hubs again, making changes, etc. I have a lot to get done outside of writing. Hopefully, mine will be done by end of year.  It takes a lot of time consuming work to make changes, update, etc.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)