Evangelist Blames Vatican for his Child Sex Conviction

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)
  1. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Ok, I know this topic is notorious for endless pointless arguments, but for those of you who claim not to understand why some people want nothing to do with religion anymore, here's a good example:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32125909/ns … nd_courts/

Why is it that so many of these guys feel entitled to sex with 8 year olds?

It doesn't exactly win converts.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm puking my guts out.

2. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

What's nuts is apparently this guy had a whole camp of converts. I mean, he found enough people in the US who thought he seemed pretty cool, and he sold some kind of celebrity designer clothing too, so all these movie stars are walking around in his jackets and so on.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Color me "not surprised"

Make Money will be along any time soon to point out that the communists were child abusers too - so that makes it OK. wink

1. profile image0

Why do you think Make Money would say a thing like that?

lol

OK - An evangelist this time. lol

2. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It so often comes as a package though, you know?

Judgmental abusive dogma + child sex abuse = The One True Way.

That's why I left the Catholic Church. Screw your kids. Screw UP your kids. But keep going to Church and you'll be rewarded in heaven anyway.

That's just not cool.

3. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

I wonder why Bernie LaZar Hoffman aka Tony Alamo blames the Vatican for his child sex conviction.  He wasn't even a Catholic.  He was born to Jewish-Romanian parents.

1. profile image0

I thought everybody blamed the Vatican for everything.

I mean, it's always the Vatican or the Jews, so since he's of Jewish descent I guess that explains it. (If anything ever really does.) smile

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When it's not Vatican or Jews, then it's Wall Street Pam. Ahh, Wall Street is full of jews anyway, so I guess you are spot on lol

1. profile image0

See I'm not as stupid as you always seem to assume. I can get to the root of things once in awhile. smile

The sun shines even on a dog's ass now and then.

1. Misha profile image63

LOL I never thought you are stupid, seriously. smile

2. profile image0

gawd!

2. profile image50
      Mary O'Donnellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Isn't amazing how everyone blames the Church for everything? I've been a Catholic for half a century now, longer, really, and in all that time only one priest was in my parish who was known to be a pervert. And I mean "known." Everybody stayed away from him, everybody knew what he was. Who are these "innocent" 14-year-olds who were so dumb? As for all the rest of the priests, they were good, holy men who took their jobs and I wouldn't have missed knowing them for the world. That's not to say I'm not disgusted, learning about these other creeps, but don't blame those guys for making you a pervert. Especially if you aren't even Catholic.

4. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

No nothing explains it.  No matter who does it.

5. Lisa HW profile image64
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

This moron (whatever his name is) pretty much sums up how and why this crap happens - he's a "prophet" (!!!!)  There you have it.  Who can question a "prophet" on anything he does or says....

I guess if you're a freak who is drawn to children, control, and getting money any way you can get it - it's nicer to call yourself a "prophet" than a "twisted, moron, perv".  Oh well, he can go preach in prison now.

6. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Wow.  I just love how he claimed that he went to jail for the gospel.  Pretty sure that Jesus never told anyone to screw children.

7. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

There are actually three things that bother me:

1. The actual crimes.

2. That someone would misuse religion as an excuse for his or her crimes and for copping a martyr complex when he or she receives due punishment.

3. That other people would use such crimes as an excuse to turn their backs on religion. You will not find any religion or philosophy that doesn't have among its professed adherents people who violate its teachings, sometimes on a colossal scale. If you're religious, you really love God, and you see that your religion's teachings are in and of themselves good, because some other screw-up violated those teachings is no reason to turn your own back on them.

1. Misha profile image63

Oh, not on every religion, just on your particular brand of it. smile For example, the only true religion - pastafarianism - gets more and more followers every day. smile

1. profile image50
        Mary O'Donnellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who's bragging about his brand of religion now?

And what's Pastafarianism? Can't be growing that fast if well-educated religious people don't know about it.

And no, these guys have no right blaming other people for their nastiness.

Pastafarianism is worship of the one true god.

Well educated religious folk tend to have already chosen their horse for the race. FSM is the one true god - once you open your mind - if you are chosen - He will touch you with His Noodly Appendage in a non sexual way (unless you prefer the sexual way) and reveal Himself.

But only to the Worthy. wink

Christians are necessarily closed-minded enough to prevent this from happening usually. Their loss - no stripper factory and beer volcano for them. sad It is sad really, but what can you do?

8. jenny88 profile image57
    jenny88posted 14 years ago

there are all kinds of people from all walks the do these horrible things
    but when religion involved almost seems worse - if that is possible!!!!

I hate these things and know what I would if i where in charge!!!! or the parents

jenz

9. fishmox profile image60
    fishmoxposted 14 years ago

Why do people get swindled by hustlers ?
    Because they are greedy, that's why.
    The hustlers operate on the assumption that everybody wants to make money, no less than a hustler told me this.

Why do parent's kids get raped by priests, pastors, and Sunday School teachers ?

Because these perverts hide behind the titles themselves, and the parents are stupid enough to think they can trust "holy men".

Hell, no.

They are fallen creatures just like everybody else, and subject to temptations and desires just like everybody else.

I don't care if ten thousand angels visited me to testify that Father soso or Pastor thisthat is a God-called man, I am NOT going to allow my kids with them alone.  Heck, you shouldn't even allow your kid alone with your parents.

10. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

This guy is a pervert, plain and simple.  Why is it so hard for anyone to take responsibility for their wrongdoings, anymore?

11. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

By that logic, you shouldn't even be alone with your own kids. Children are more likely to be abused by their own parents than by anyone else.

Generally, the problem is not with religion, any more than it is with parenthood, education, athletics, scouting, et ceters. People with an incination to hurt children usually gravitate toward vocations that put them in regular contact with children. Does that mean there's anything wrong with someone who wants to be a parent, priest, teacher, coach, or scout leader, and that we should treat them all like perverts?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)