A potentially broken link has been detected in this Hub. It is highlighted below

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. peoplepower73 profile image90
    peoplepower73posted 9 years ago

Have you had this happen to you?  I searched for the highlighted broken link but I could not find one.  So how do you clear the notice?

1. Shades-of-truth profile image81
      Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This forum link may help:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/129001

1. Linda Kloss profile image80
        Linda Klossposted 4 years agoin reply to this

link now "broken"   :v

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As others have mentioned, there is currently a known issue that is resulting in some broken links not indicating as such in the HubTool or for readers.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2711987

Our engineering team is aware of the issue and is working on a solution.
      In the meantime, you should still be able to see the link on the broken links page here.
      http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/broken-links

As a current workaround, you can then view the HTML source for your Hub and search for the URL specified on the broken links page to find it in the Hub.

peoplepower73posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I found it.  It was the link to the Federal Reserve that was listed as a source for a photo.  I deleted it and now the alert is gone.

Thanks again, Mike Russo

1. Uzochukwu Mike profile image78
          Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am happy you finally found solution to the issue.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I had this happen, too - nothing was highlighted, and there were no 'blank' spots anywhere. I finally removed all the URLs from public domain or CC photos - I had to go in and out of the hub multiple times. I don't have time to deal with this stuff.

peoplepower73posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Marcy:
        I found it, even though it wasn't highlighted.  It was the source for a photo that had a link back to source.  Since it is an option to have a link back to the source, I just deleted it. The alert is now gone and everybody is happy.  Take a look in your photos and graphics to see if you may have the same issue.

4. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

My issue with a broken link was different. I have several chapters of a novel published here and when I added links at the end of the hub to take the reader to the next chapter, one of the two links was highlighted as broken.

The link itself, when I went in and tested it within the capsule said "link is OK". But until I removed that link, I kept getting the broken link symbol on My Accounts page. The link to the previous chapter was fine and I added them both in the exact same manner.

5. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

look through your whole hub and see the yellow highted link. Sometimes it is in the picture, not the text.

2. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Also go to your accounts page and click on broken links. A good hubber helped me with this a few days ago. Matthew also informed us that there is indeed a problem with the broken link not highlighting.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/129051

3. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

peoplepower,
    Edit the Hub and go through every link that you have in it. Make sure when you click on each link that it opens up to proper link.

4. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 9 years ago

I have a number of those too, and when I check the links, they are links that I never posted in the first place. Usually, they are photos and when identifying the source, I say, "My Photo". For some reason, they make it into a link so of course, the link is broken. I think it's a glitch in the system, but I can live with it until they figure it out.

1. grand old lady profile image85
      grand old ladyposted 9 years ago

Hi Matthew,

I never posted these photos with a URL, because my photos have no URL, and there was never any problem as far as links since I never posted it as a link. I think with the new changes, it seems that someone changed the source by adding a URL. So indeed, this is a glitch and the change was not made by me, but by HP. I hope they revert it to just saying "My photo" without adding a URL, as these are photos from my camera, and so it's impossible for them to have a URL.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
        Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Please go to the broken links page so you can see the Hubs with issues.
        http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/broken-links

Edit your Hubs
        Edit the photo capsule.

You will see that the "Source URL (optional)" field has an invalid URL.
        This field is optional, so you can simply edit the capsules with this issue and remove the URL text there.

So for this Hub
        http://grandoldlady.hubpages.com/hub/ho … a-dog-show

The Source URL is currently "http://my photo" (first image that says "Cover of magazine")
        If you remove the text from that field in the photo capsule and then save the changes, you will fix that specific broken link.

If you have any further questions, please email us at team at hubpages dot com.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years ago

Thanks, PP - I'd already found it when I posted this, and as with you, it was a photo link, It was very difficult to isolate, though - had to keep messing with it, deleting urls and getting in and out of the edit mode. Ugh!

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have had a few lately and they were all mistakes I made when I inserted my images.  I put the source in the wrong place but what surprises me is that it has taken nearly two years for all of them to show up.
        I really love this broken links tool, it makes life a lot easier.  These things would have gone uncorrected for years if the errors had not shown up on my accounts page.

1. janshares profile image93
          jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

I think I did make the errors, I inserted text into the wrong line where it indicates that the picture source came from a webpage http// whatever instead of putting it into the next line - because almost all my images are my own. Anyway this was highlighted and it seemed to fix the issue.

1. janshares profile image93
              jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Okay, thanks, sallybea. Didn't mean to speculate or give wrong info. I think that's why my post was deleted, not sure.

That's OK not sure who deleted your post though. 

Sometimes it is just an image where the credit has been typed in the wrong place.  Easy mistake but the checker is amazing, a great resource.  The link shows up blue in edit mode.

3. MariaMontgomery profile image90
      MariaMontgomeryposted 9 years ago

I have had that happen twice. Even though the message said the broken link was highlighted, there was absolutely nothing highlighted. I did find the broken links, but something is wrong, when the broken links are there, but not highlighted. Probably just a computer glitch, but it should be repaired.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)