Hubber Scores

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Froggy213 profile image62
    Froggy213posted 9 years ago

Just amazing--sitting at an 80--publish a hub and drop to 67.

This place is really starting to suck jelly beans. I knew there was a good reason I had started writing elsewhere.

Hmm, I have clients praising my writing up and down and paying me anywhere from 28-60 dollars an hour, and here where I make peanuts, excuse me, shells of peanuts....I get told I write manure by the scores.

Back to where I make money.

I remember when I held a score of 100 here and was hitting payout every month, and then this new crowd came around and changed the whole makeup--no wonder Hubpages is having issues.

Ok, enough ranting...I'll go make money elsewhere.

1. colorfulone profile image77
      colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If I was you and earning that much an hour writing for clients I would be looking to write for more clients. About all I can suggest for earning more on HubPages is to find better paying keywords that pay more for existing hub titles. Research keywords for as long as it takes to come up with what you want to write a new hub on a topic and go for it. There are no guarantees with online writing, never has been. Everything is an experiment unless we are well known and have a great following. In that event, we wouldn't be writing on HubPages. Just some thoughts.

Froggy213posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I essentially just do this for fun. But since I had Hubpages listed as part of my portfolio, the Hubber Score thing angered me. Oh well, I will just remove it from the portfolio.As for the client base, all is well on that realm. I will keep building on that and working on my new website which has been doing quite well also.

I must also mention that from what I have noticed, Hubpages has been rewarding recipe hubs highly. It is turning into a food zone instead of a writer's zone.

I wish this site good tidings and hope it turns around.

Hopefully, HubPages staff and Hubbers who are working to improve their hubs to the newest standards will be able to make Panda only a bad memory. 

I wish you all the best with your site and am happy to hear it is going well, and I hope it continues.

2. Asna Muzafar profile image62
          Asna Muzafarposted 9 years agoin reply to this

haha! I do it for fame! wink

2. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am in the same boat and I can tell you why, at least until now, I still wrote hubs.  Yes, I can pitch articles for clients.  I am writing one at the moment paying 5c a word.  But they have to meet the exact need of the client.

Hubs were a happy break from that where I could get a little extra income from writing about what I was spontaneously interested in. 

Hubs still have that function.  The amount I earn did not change this week, what did change is the value Hubpages itself places on me via the score emblazoned on my avatar.  It very clearly says: only 4% better than scamming scum, not worth link juice.

2. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

hoe that you will stay on for the writing sake, not just making money

2. gitachud profile image67
    gitachudposted 9 years ago

There has been a change in the algorithm for calculating the score. Try removing Amazon ads as the ratio of ads to content length has also changed to one ad per 100 words.

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image73
      csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so. I write from 1200 to 2,000 words and that would quality in putting 18 to 20 amazon ads per article. I am quite certain that HP will have issues with that. I know it's a maximum of 2 Amazon ads per article regardless of word count. I hope somebody gets to clarify this.

Regarding hubber scores, it goes up and down depending on the time that you put in on the site. HP is like a lover, that you have to see regularly, or else your numbers will tumble down. I guess like a lover too, we need to follow what he/she wants, as well!  LMAO!

1. Shades-of-truth profile image81
        Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

csmiravite-blogs,

I am under the impression that we are allowed 2 Amazon affiliate links, but as far as Amazon capsules goes, we are allowed 1 per 100 words of text. Preferably, they are not supposed to be "clumped" together.

If my impression is incorrect, would someone please correct it?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image83
          Don Bobbittposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but since the recent acquisition of "Squids" who had thousands of articles loaded with dozens of ads, and the recent Google "tweaks" you are allowed a lot less ads in your articles. If you search, you will even see an HP posting about how a top quality and informative Hub should have no more than one ad for every 600-1000 words, on average.
          The ex-Squids have and are still upgrading their Hubs, of course, but HP as a whole took a big hit from Google as a site, when they absorbed their articles that had some very different constraints that what HP (and Google?) requires.
          And, of course, Google is continuing its move to eventually having its own (enormous) database of information for its search engine.
          DON

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image73

I saw that forum about linking a week or several weeks ago. There was a hubber who had his hub unfeatured due to excessive links. I can't remember if  it was a lens prior to being absorbed on this site. HP got badly hit when the Squidoo articles were absorbed with issues contrary to HP and Google policies. I think, that's the reason why we need to minimize our links --- or we get slapped down.

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image73

Yep, reading around, I don't see that many links from hubbers. I've read somewhere (in one of the forums) that we can't over link. I used to put, 3 Amazon ads and 3 e-bay ads per article. But I have minimized it to 2 Amazon ads per article. HP and even Google might consider the article as spammy if we have numerous links.

2. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No, it isn't.

3. colorfulone profile image77

I have one sells hub that has 5 Amazon capsules.
        Another sells hub with 4 Amazon capsules.

If I removed the products those hubs could stand alone with a few alterations. That is HubPages advice taken to heart and implemented on those hubs.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I believe it is 2 Amazon capsules per capsule as long as the capsule has 200 words or more, not 2 Amazon capsules per hub.

Here is a great example hub published by Robin.
          It is titled "45 Gift Ideas for a Third Grade Girl: 8 and 9 Year Olds". 
          It has six Amazon capsules.
          http://robin.hubpages.com/hub/Gift-Idea … Grade-Girl

Added: and two Amazon affiliate links.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't use Amazon ads at all so I doubt that has a thing to do with why some of us are considered basically no better than spammers.

3. Uzochukwu Mike profile image77
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

I wonder if I am the only person experiencing this. I found out that my hubber score droped from 78 to 39 this morning. I am not so much annoyed since it does not affect my earnings.

1. Paul Maplesden profile image75
      Paul Maplesdenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Here is an explanation of why your hubscore changed:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/129577

4. Beaddoodler profile image65
    Beaddoodlerposted 9 years ago

I think if I had clients paying me that much I wouldn't be writing on ANY sites like Hubpages.  I'd put all my efforts into the money sites.  Unfortunately my writing just doesn't fall into a catagory that clients pay for.

Froggy213posted 9 years agoin reply to this

It was someone else who had mentioned here; when you are getting paid, you write what the person wants. It can sometimes be stressful, and there are those moments when I want to write something "different." That is where Hubpages comes in.

Just as examples, I recently wrote the content for the home and services pages of this website: http://royalmarbleny.com/
      It was fun to write, and trust me, I received great pay for it, but writing material such as that all the time can make a Frog dull.

I loved Hubpages back when I started here, but like some other sites I watched go into the sewer, people with more college degrees than brains step in and try to make 50,001 changes overnight and wonder why things are not going right.

When you play favorites with certain writers and treat some of us old timers like __  __  __  __, some of us fight back. I used to get payout monthly when I only had 100 hubs. I now have 500 hubs and am lucky to see payout every 3 months.

And they wonder why some of the better writers have walked away....

You see, I really like Paul and Robin and those who started this program, but some of the new blood here has hit a nerve with me. It is like a rookie actor trying to tell Clint Eastwood how to act.
      Sorry if that "ruffles feathers," but I have to tell it like it is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)