Apology to my followers

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Nancy Hardin profile image59
    Nancy Hardinposted 8 years ago

Dear Followers,
    This is a sincere apology to you today. At the present time, I am no longer writing for HubPages and have removed all my articles to my own domains, Mystery in the History and All Things Of Life and Nancy Writes Everything. I'm sorry, as I know you followed me in good faith that I would be here, but the time has come when I've realized HubPages is no longer  feasible for me. I wish all of you the best of luck and hope to come across you and your writing another time. Best wishes to all of you.

1. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to see you go. I hope you find a way to reach us in your new endeavors. I wish you the best of luck. Can you give us the URLS to you new sites? If that's not allowed, please email your followers individually.

Nancy Hardinposted 8 years agoin reply to this

bravewarrior, I came back and put my links on my profile, so maybe they can be accessed there. Thanks for caring and wishing you the very best!

Nancy, your profile is empty.

bravewarrior, I think HP doesn't allow them there, but I'll try again.

2. SheilaMilne profile image93
            SheilaMilneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The links are in the top right corner, under "Also follow me on:"

Gotcha. Thank you, Sheila!

2. bravewarrior profile image87

Oops! I got an error message that the page isn't available.

bravewarrior, I just went to the page. Perhaps you could try again?

Still getting the same error message. Perhaps I need to restart my computer and try again.

1. SheilaMilne profile image93

No, I think Nancy entered several websites for the website button.  The Google+ link works OK.

3. Nancy Hardin profile image59

Thanks SheilaMilne! That's true, and I forgot about those buttons!

I think you've entered your website address as "mysteryinthehistory.com or http//allthingsoflife.com or http://nancywriteseverything. blogspot  blog" which comes up with an error.  I believe it's supposed to be a direct link so it will have to be one or  another.

SheilaMilne, so if I'm only allowed one, which one should I choose? How do you choose between your children? All three of those sites are mine.

Perhaps you could rotate them?

3. Jean Bakula profile image92
            Jean Bakulaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

HP won't let you put the actual links in your profile. The correct spellings will be there, but it won't be highlighted and nobody will be able to click on it. But as long as the info is there, people can find you. Best of luck in your new endeavors.

Thanks Jean Bakula! I appreciate the good wishes!

2. Lady Lorelei profile image86
      Lady Loreleiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I wish you success in your new ventures and I am sure that you will be very happy having control over your creative endeavors. I have enjoyed your work and look forward to reading more at your new sites. The very best of wishes.

Lady Lorelei, my friend, thank you! Wishing you success in all you do, but with your work ethic, there's no doubt about it!! :-D

3. Kylyssa profile image90
      Kylyssaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think there's no need to apologize for moving content when a platform is no longer working out for you.

Best wishes!

Thanks Kylyssa! My best to you too!

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 8 years ago

I notice that you still retain your account here Nancy. Perhaps it would be an idea to write a couple of hubs here which highlight the parallel endeavours and allow a less self promotional link to be useful for hub readers and followers.  big_smile

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to see you go, but I understand completely.  HP has been having a difficult time this year, and producing content has been frustrating, especially for those who earn some or all of their incomes from it.  Best of luck in your new endeavors.

3. Nancy Hardin profile image59

Thank you TimeTraveler2, appreciate the good wishes.

4. Nancy Hardin profile image59

bravewarrior, thank you so much for the best wishes. If you are on FB, you can reach me at Nancy Carol Brown Hardin and I'll be happy to share my new domains. It's a new experience for me and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. If you search for Mystery in the History  and All Things Of Life (allwritttentogetherlikethis) and put a .com on it, you will find my two main domains. Thanks so much for caring.

5. Nancy Hardin profile image59

Pearldiver, I retain my account for now, mainly to be able to support my friends, and to reach those people here who cared enough to follow my writing. I really need to make more money than what I can make here at HP, and it's just time to move on. If you wish, you can find me at either of my domains, writtenalltogetherlikethis, with a .com on the end. Mystery in the History and All Things Of Life. Thanks for your suggestion. All the best to you.

6. profile image0
    mikeydcarroll67posted 8 years ago

Definitely sad to see you go! But I understand the reasoning that you are using to move on in life. I wish the best of luck to you on your future endeavors!

Thanks mikeydcarroll67, best wishes to you!

7. Casey van B profile image61
    Casey van Bposted 8 years ago

No matter where you write, I'll come read. Best of success, dear friend.

Casey, my pal, thank you so much. It warms the "cockles of this old heart" to read that!

8. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image62
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 8 years ago

No issue, its your personal decision.  We need to change according to the situation. So nothing wrong. Your apology shows your decency. Congrats!

Well thanks sunilkunnoth2012, that's a nice thought! (grin) Life moves on, and sometimes so do we.

9. MariaMontgomery profile image90
    MariaMontgomeryposted 8 years ago

No need to apologize, Nancy. We all understand, and most of us have similar feelings. I will still hope to see you on FB and on our blogs.

MariaMontgomery, that's for sure my friend!

10. lisavanvorst profile image63
    lisavanvorstposted 8 years ago

You will be missed. I anticipate many of us will be leaving this site because of lack of payout and all the changes (not for the good) the site has made.

Thank you lisavanvorst, it's just time to move on again. I need to make money from my writing and this isn't the place to do that.

11. Charito1962 profile image87
    Charito1962posted 8 years ago

I'm going to miss you, Ms. Nancy! I sure had fun reading your works since our Squidoo days. All the best in your new endeavours.

Charito1962, you've been a dear friend and follower! I hope our paths cross again soon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)