Who do u support, Palestine or Israel???

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (58 posts)
  1. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

I support a sustainable two state solution that both can live with.  I hope such a thing exists.

1. MJFenn profile image71
      MJFennposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sounds a good idea in theory; this is what the UN offered in 1948; the Arab representatives rejected it, preferring to attack the Jewish residents and the emerging state of Israel.

2. Rushd Bitar profile image60
      Rushd Bitarposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am Palestinian. I support Peace!

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

Injustice has marched back and forth over that land many times.  That is way the grievances and the conflict are so intractable.

3. RachaelLefler profile image90
    RachaelLeflerposted 8 years ago

I support humanity. Israel is abusing the human rights of ordinary Palestinians to try to kick an already beaten people. The U.S. should never support a country that does to human beings what Israel does.

1. HollieT profile image80
      HollieTposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wish there was a like button for this comment.

2. maxoxam41 profile image63
      maxoxam41posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think that if it accepts it so fiercely it is because it applies it profusely anywhere its economical, political and geo strategic interests lie.

3. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree... But the US has done the same and still does.

4. Colin Quartermain profile image90
    Colin Quartermainposted 8 years ago

I have no strong feelings either way, but slightly come down on the side of Israel.

They are surrounded by countries who have over the years gone to war with them with the intent of wiping out the country, but Israel have survived, and now have nominally civil relationships with these countries.

Israel has to endure hundreds of randomly fired missiles at population centres, which for the most are ignored by those outside of the country, and then every few years Israel react and retaliate, and so innocent civilians die on both sides, and Israel is then portrayed as the "baddie". But during this time Hamas or whoever takes the opportunity to execute their own people that they presume have been working for Israel, although most of whom probably haven't.

I have one thing to say against Israel though, as I don't really see the need to provocate by building in the disputed zone.   

But I' don't live there, and my take on things mainly comes from reading BBC news

1. mk-globetrotter profile image56
      mk-globetrotterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Colin Quartermain profile image90
        Colin Quartermainposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Knew I shouldn't have posted on this topic - there is no such thing as Palestinian Land. You might get away with saying built on Arabic land, but that then unleashes a whole long historical debate.

1. HollieT profile image80

And how, in your opinion, does this historical debate somehow justify the mass murder of the Palestinian people, including so many children? I think you'll find when it comes to 'Israel has to endure hundreds of randomly fired missiles at population centres' that this could never be a serious comparison to the ethnic cleansing that is clearly taking place in that part of the world.

2. maxoxam41 profile image63

You don't even know what you are talking about...

3. Writer Fox profile image32
      Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Facts
      1. No Jewish towns were ever built on land owned by Arabs.
      2. No new Jewish towns (or 'settlements') have been built since 1993, the date of the Oslo Accords, in Areas A, B, or C, the areas of dispute/further negotiations under Oslo.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2012/rachel … -arab-land

I've written a Hub about the conflict which explains the history and is full of historic and current maps: Israel/Palestine Conflict Questions from Pakistan

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I will add the link to that hub for you, Writer Fox.
        "Israel/Palestine Conflict Questions from Pakistan"
        http://writerfox.hubpages.com/hub/Israe … m-Pakistan

1. Writer Fox profile image32

wink

4. Writer Fox profile image32

In 1946, the British Mandate for Palestine was divided between Arabs and the Jewish Homeland.
      http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12491709.jpg
      http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12491701.jpg

The population of the Jewish Homeland was:
      Jews: 806,000
      Arabs:156,000

All Jews were driven out of Transjordan.  Jews allowed Arabs to remain in the Jewish Homeland and they were offered citizenship with full voting rights.  All citizens and residents were given freedom of religion and worship, free education and health care. Mandatory military service was not required for Arabs.

In addition to the Palestinian state created east of the Jordan River, the Gaza Strip is another independent Palestinian state which was created in 2005.  No Jews live there and no Israeli troops are stationed there. It is ruled by Hamas, which is identified as a terrorist organization by ten countries, including Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Canada and the European Union.

Here are some statistics from my Hub, 'Israel/Palestine Conflict Questions from Pakistan':

"Between July 7 – August 26, 2014, Hamas fired 4,881 rockets and 1,753 mortars from Gaza into Israel, some of them aimed at Tel Aviv and the holy city of Jerusalem."

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12491692.jpg

Another rocket was fired at Israel from the Gaza Strip yesterday. "The attack was the latest in a string of rockets targeting Israel over the last month, mostly attributed to a small salafi group locked in a battle with Gaza’s Hamas rulers."
      http://www.timesofisrael.com/rocket-lau … from-gaza/

Israel retaliated six hours ago with a strike against the rocket launcher.

There's a lot more information on my Hub, as well as answers to questions posted on forums.

"OUTRAGEOUS: Guess who just came to dinner at the White House?"
        http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/outrageou … ite-house/

That's a great article: "Let’s not forget it was ten years ago, in 2005, that Israel withdrew from Gaza, and what’s been the reward for a desire to 'coexist' and live in peace? The constant threat of rockets and missiles raining down upon them, indiscriminately. And one of the nations funding these attacks is Iran. Why is the Obama administration sitting at a negotiating table with the madness we know as Iran? "

Obama has already stated that the June 30th deadline for the nuclear agreement with Iran will not be met.  Time is running out and he is entertaining dinner guests for Ramadan!

On Friday, Islamic terrorists murdered more than 80 people on three continents, in Tunisia, France and Kuwait. These attacks were by Muslims and in the name of Islam.

This month, the U.S.-based Institute for the Study of War forecast Ramadan was “likely to be violent” as it is a jihadist tradition to increase attacks during the 'holy' month.

Seems that July 9th is now the next deadline set for a nuclear agreement with Iran.  I hope Secretary Kerry does not cave.

"On Friday, Islamic terrorists murdered more than 80 people on three continents, in Tunisia, France and Kuwait. These attacks were by Muslims and in the name of Islam."  -- I checked that out and that is true.

We are approaching the 4th of July in the states. I am one who would feel uncomfortable gathering with a crowd of spectators to watch fireworks. Who knows what a hate group will do next?

I do not know much about Jihad.  "The Hans Wehr Dictionary of Modern Written Arabic defines the term as "fight, battle; jihad, holy war (against the infidels, as a religious duty)"" - Wikipedia

It's reaching a critical point.

Egypt just declared a state of war against Islamic terrorists:
              http://egyptianstreets.com/2015/07/01/d … te-of-war/

The death toll in Egypt now is over 70:
              http://www.timesofisrael.com/egypt-jets … s-kill-50/

Two days ago:  "Egypt prosecutor Hisham Barakat killed in Cairo attack"
                http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33308518

I'm getting the picture.

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 8 years ago

"someone can't just go to some country and claim it to be theirs."  Sure they can.  It's called winning a war.  Countries have done it for centuries.  Israel is the only democracy in the region, so it is logical the US would support a form of government like its own.  I'd like to see a two state solution, which could happen tomorrow if Israel's neighbors would accept its right to exist.  Done.

1. maxoxam41 profile image63

I'm just waiting for the economy to collapse and to see how Israhell is going to manage surrounding with Arabs without the help of the US. Indeed it has its nuclear weapons but since it is a very small country what will be the impact of an atomic explosion striking Syria for instance? Let me guess... I'm pretty sure that the fallout will reach "its" land. Furthermore, if it launches such what do you think will be the response of its closest neighbors... A thought to ruminate...

Deleted

On the flip side a Hebrew state existed around Jerusalem before Islam came into existence, but war and might forced them out.

So if an Israeli state was never meant to exist because they were beaten in conflict, then the circular argument is that an Arab or Muslim state in the same area is not meant to exist because they were beaten in conflict.

Deleted

"no group can gather in others lands and declare their state."

that's a pretty good definition of how most countries come into existence.

Is the Ottoman Empire modern times as it did disintegrate 100 years ago?

1. maxoxam41 profile image63

Let's talk about this picture gathering presidents. A photographic analysis revealed that the different representatives of governments were in an adjacent street simulating their participation when they took the picture. Typical from those cowards.
                After analysis of the event it was found that it was orchestrated by experts, meaning with a military background, the thesis was either it was perpetrated by the French government, either the US that didn't appreciate the fact that Merckel and Hollande decided to diminish the sanctions against Russia because it impacted their elites' wallets.
                As for the bloody Palestinian girl, her picture used to represent me on this platform until hubpages decided that it was inappropriate because it could hurt sensitive souls. Poor them, the same ones who vote Bush, Obama or maybe Clinton to bomb Iraqis, Libyans, Afghans, Somalians, Palestinians, Ukrainians, Yemenis... They don't want to see the suffering they are causing then don't support it. It is said that American boots are in Spain and are aiming at Algeria now...

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
          Kathleen Cochranposted 8 years agoin reply to this

My apologies.  I mistook this for a discussion.  Once the name-calling begins, I have other things to do.

Deleted

Again, I am no expert on the history of Israel, but haven't the borders of Israel expanded because the surrounding countries like Egypt, Jordan and Syria all invaded Israel in an attempt to wipe out the country and lost?

If they had won what do you think would have happened to the innocent people within Israel?

in regards to to the image, wouldn't a map of Pakistan be more appropriate?

1. profile image0
                Onusonusposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes the Zionists are taking over the Muslim world. roll
                http://members.chello.nl/d.belinfante/graphs/MiddleEastMap.gif

Deleted

1. profile image0
                    Onusonusposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No, I believe in freedom.

2. HollieT profile image80

Fab democracy- go to another country and claim it as yours. Might I suggest you research the term 'democracy' and fully understand it.

Deleted

@HollieT meaning of democracy is based on people power, don't quite see how that has anything to do with going to another country and claiming it.

Athens the birthplace of democracy went out and conquered

@mk I know even less about the history of the Indian continent than I do Israel, but I would guess the death toll from the creation of India/Pakistan/Bangladesh is greater.

as to countries created when one religion gathers in someones homeland and proclaims it there's - most countries in South and Central America (Spain & Portugal), USA, Canada, (France and England) Australia (England and Netherlands), England (Angles, Jutes, Saxons) and so on

Deleted

15% Muslim population in India, 96% in Pakistan

How many millions of people were forced to move due to the religious borders imposed during the partition of the Indian subcontinent? a Muslim state placed on land owned in part by non-Muslims, and Hindu state formed on land owned in part by Muslims previously

Deleted

But in 1948 a two state solution was offered, and broadly accepted by Jews and rejected by Arabs. The two state solution would have required migration just as the Partition did, but instead several wars followed, and so death followed and Israeli territory grew.

If it had been accepted then maybe no one would now lament it, just as you say they don't lament the Partition.

(PS you were the one who wasn't interested in the history but only in the modern)

(PPS you say no one regrets the Partition, but there was a documentary a few years ago about families on both sides of the border devastated by the loss of their historical family lands)

Deleted

2. HollieT profile image80

Throwing people out of their homes, claiming their land and then kettling the victims in an open air prison is hardly democratic. And persecuting a people because of their choice of govt. is hardly democratic either. It's the reverse.

Democratic: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/democracy

Yeah, that's certainly what Jordan did in 1948 when it invaded Israel and occupied land west of the Jordan River in the Jewish Homeland.  But, Israel took it back in 1967.  In 1994, Jordan signed a peace treaty with Israel, relinquished all claims to any land west of the Jordan River, and revoked Jordanian citizenship from Arabs living in Israel.  However, property owned by Jews who were forced to flea from their homes east of the Jordan River was never returned and compensation was never given.  Even so, Jordan has honored its Peace Treaty.

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12498450.jpg

The map is from my Hub 'Israel/Palestine Conflict Questions from Pakistan.'

Israel regained the Gaza Strip from Egyptian occupation in 1967 and tried to give it back to Egypt in the 1979 Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty.  Egypt wouldn't take it.  Egypt doesn't want it and Israel doesn't want it.  It's been a cesspool for thousands of years and even the people living there don't want to live there. (Gaza did much better under Israeli control than it ever did under British control.)

Too bad for the people of Gaza.  When Israel withdrew, they voted Hamas into power and have suffered the consequences ever since. So much for their form of 'democracy.'

As a nature lover it is sad to me that the beautiful beaches are becoming a disaster zone at the hands of the Hamas.

"Baha al-Agha of the Gaza Environment Quality Authority said about 100,000 cubic metres of untreated waste water are being pumped into the Gaza shore daily." --  israelandstuff . com

Deleted

You've got your facts wrong.  It is Pakistan who deliberately murdered millions of innocent children, not Israel. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Bangladesh_genocide

2. colorfulone profile image78

I wanted to see it myself so I went to YouTube and found a news video that says the same thing, plus footage. 
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV3xCx-cqWo

2. Writer Fox profile image32

They are ruining the land and causing serious health problems to the population.

“The Palestinians refuse to build sewage treatment plants, despite there being a $500 million international Donor Fund available for the building of sewage treatment plants.”
                    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Artic … ZMNlRuqooJ

"Pollution caused by raw sewage and rising seawater infiltration makes 90 percent of Gaza’s water unfit for human consumption.

"And 25 percent of illnesses in Gaza are either directly or indirectly caused by unclean water." (from my Hub).

The Independent State of the Gaza Strip spends its money on weapons and attacking Israel rather than taking care of its own people. 

It's the same story in Pakistan where "Estimates indicate that each year, more than three million Pakistanis become infected with waterborne diseases."
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_sup … n_Pakistan

Deleted

2. lalocksolution profile image40
      lalocksolutionposted 8 years ago

The question should of been: Who do you support? and why..? It is very hard and unfair for people to support something that they have little knowledge of, I bet that if someone will ask you which sport team you support you will have the explanation of why.. It is very unfortunate but in order to get to the right answer you should spend some time living there to understand the harsh reality that people live in every single day!

1. rhamson profile image72
        rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Generalizing people who have a view and opinion of something does not negate their ability to understand the finer points and reality of the situation. I don't have to experience cancer to learn all the intricacies of it's devastation. Studying history and actions by the participants on both sides of the issues can go a long way in understanding the reality of what the ones affected are experiencing.

It is a shame that some take the position of authority over others because they are experiencing something others neither care to partake of or wish to support. If Israel is to survive it should do so on its own. Using the US and other countries for their bidding only drags them into their unshaking and aggressive plans for the region.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)